Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:46:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Scammers, the biggest crypto problem  (Read 1692 times)
lienfaye

Activity: 2926
Merit: 629

View Profile
July 04, 2020, 09:58:13 PM

That is right what you said, people join here for earning quick money, they think that everything is so easy as they expected. But as you above mentioned many have lost everything here, l think it happens cause of lack of knowledge. Experience is more important than money in crypto space.
Most of us here are after money, to gain without exerting an effort. They just invest their money because of the high return or quick result of their investment then ending up in scam. Usually the fall victim of these scammers are new to crypto world and believing the hearsay that its profitable to invest in crypto.

Experience is more important than money in crypto space.
Thats true, if we have experience we can learn and do better the next time. So there's no need to rush when investing, take time learning and gain experience to know more about investing.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Anonymous100

Activity: 423
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 04, 2020, 10:06:03 PM

Just like i used to include in my points that scammers is the main problem crypto is facing presently i come across this news on the internet today about how scammers keep on contrarily influence the digital currencies. As indicated by Changpeng Zhao, the CEO and originator of Binance, there are in excess of 1,500 Binance con artists on the expert informal community LinkedIn. The quantity of Binance scammers on LinkedIn can in the end arrive at 1,605. Now imagine how big scammers are damaging crypto

Full news here
https://usethebitcoin.com/beware-of-crypto-scammers-1500-scammers-impersonate-binance-on-linkedin/

I think Binance conveys a real amount, meaning what happens to their exchanges, which is in the name of their company, and or that releases a project using their name. Because scammers are very varied. If we compare it with what happens to crypto users who aren't published, I think it's much bigger than what Binance said.

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |
hulla

Activity: 1820
Merit: 566

View Profile
July 04, 2020, 10:24:45 PM

Of course this is happening. This is the biggest problem right now. Many have lost everything here. There is no way to solve this problem completely. It seems that scammers are increasing day by day. So we have to be as careful as possible.
First of all, scam issues is not only the biggest problem of cryptocurrency alone cause it the problem of all business/technology domains around the world.
As crypto market is getting broader scammers should be expected to be either and been careful is not enough but understand how they operated in other not to be a victim.

.Duelbits.
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀
 ▀▄    ▄▀▀
Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█
█  █    █    █  █  █ █
Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █
█     ▀▄▀     █   ▀▀  █
Blackjack
▄▄▀█████▀▄▄
▄▀▀   █████ ▄▄▀▀▄
███▄  ▄█████▄▀▀▄███
██████▀▀     ▀▀██████
█ ▀▀██▀ ▀▄   ▄▀ ▀██▀▀ █
█    █    ███    █    █
█ ▄▄██▄ ▄▀   ▀▄ ▄██▄▄ █
██████▄▄     ▄▄██████
Roulette
█▀▀▀▄             ▄▀▀▀█
█ ▀▄ ▀▄         ▄▀ ▄▀ █
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄     ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀
▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▄
█ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀  ▄▀ █
▄▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄
Dice Duels
electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1049

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2020, 08:07:33 AM

well its everywhere still even before bitcoin. this time though they seem very confident to mix in since there is a slight anonymity in cryptocurrency. the users i use to know in bitcointalk somehow gone in the wrong way to end up scamming by defaulting loan. didn't come back even after i offer to pay his loan. you cant expect these people to be real anymore.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
qomariah95

Activity: 1190
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 05, 2020, 08:13:52 AM

Scammers will always be there any time, it will never disappear like it. Scammers exist because they see huge opportunities in crypto, so they do that and succeed. So that step is always repeated. so far the scammer still exists and is sure to be a big problem in the crypto world.

slashz9

Activity: 1554
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 05, 2020, 09:03:41 AM

That's quiet high of impersonating binance, scammers are really biggest problem in crypto world. People should not trust right away if someone pm to grab your money or offering double your bitcoin.

Scamer always has the opportunity to fool anyone who doesn't know much about crypto but they will get victims every time, it's just that the number might continue to decline because people will be more careful.
omnik

Activity: 569
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 05, 2020, 11:23:56 AM

That's quiet high of impersonating binance, scammers are really biggest problem in crypto world. People should not trust right away if someone pm to grab your money or offering double your bitcoin.
Pretty sure that people already telling that advice from time to time yet there's always someone who just don't care and being too greedy. the problem is, some people just don't avoid something that is shady or scam just because people tells them not to. some people are just quite stubborn.
sandra_x

Activity: 574
Merit: 14

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2020, 11:29:23 AM

They are a big problem in the industry because it is easy to get people who fall prey to the schemes. A lot of persons are ignorant of what is true about crypto.With the passage of time,people will be better informed and scammers will have less victims.
memed97

Activity: 1148
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 05, 2020, 11:41:31 AM

They are a big problem in the industry because it is easy to get people who fall prey to the schemes. A lot of persons are ignorant of what is true about crypto.With the passage of time,people will be better informed and scammers will have less victims.
Yes, a scammer will have few victims if he does not use new methods of deceiving people in crypto, but at this time the scammer has also begun to be smart in preying on victims in new and finer ways so that it is very difficult to guess by anyone.
Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2020, 12:56:49 PM

Cryptocurrency sector is like the goldmine for scammers. There are many factors which attracts these sort of people. There is always the mirage of making quick money, then there is an optimal combination of inexperience and greediness among the investors. On top of that, it is difficult to legally pursue the scammers, as their activity may stretch over many different jurisdictions.
princesspoppy

Activity: 634
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 05, 2020, 01:07:20 PM

Scammers are indeed a big problem, either in fiat or crypto world. They've been there since a very long time and no one can stop all of them, maybe few of them, but they can't be totally eliminated. As long as there's money involve, they will take the chance to deceive other people but many people are now aware of their tactics and are now taking extra care but there are some that still fall for that, most especially newbies with no knowledge about cryptos.
kindbtc

Activity: 1008
Merit: 12

SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!

View Profile
July 05, 2020, 01:15:57 PM

Just like i used to include in my points that scammers is the main problem crypto is facing presently i come across this news on the internet today about how scammers keep on contrarily influence the digital currencies. As indicated by Changpeng Zhao, the CEO and originator of Binance, there are in excess of 1,500 Binance con artists on the expert informal community LinkedIn. The quantity of Binance scammers on LinkedIn can in the end arrive at 1,605. Now imagine how big scammers are damaging crypto

Full news here
https://usethebitcoin.com/beware-of-crypto-scammers-1500-scammers-impersonate-binance-on-linkedin/
Scammers are everywhere almost in every field online and even in offline real world, the community itself should take the responsibility and educate itself to save itself from scammers also community should help itself with promptly identifying scams and let the fellow community members warn against it.

Swaap | Nova Bank
----------------------------------------------
[ GET | ACCEPT | EXCHANGE | WALLETS ]
Ramaraj

Activity: 74
Merit: 1

Crypto Enthusiast

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2020, 02:14:33 PM

As more people get interested in cryptocurrency, scammers are finding more ways to use it. For example, scammers might offer investment and business “opportunities,” promising to double your investment or give you financial freedom. Watch out for anyone who: guarantees that you'll make money. beware these types scammers all around in the crypto community, Make sure we should aware of the types of scamming in cryptocurrency platforms. In one of the crypto community blog they will ensure all the crypto scamming techniques in that blog. for reference i just include here. https://abbccoin.com/blog/abbc-official-scam-advisory/
coinfinger

Activity: 1638
Merit: 278

View Profile
July 05, 2020, 02:58:38 PM

I don’t think scammers can cause me to stop making use of cryptocurrency, same as most of the people out there. I do know that this is a problem, but it is something that happens everywhere, and people should learn to avoid it. There are thieves everywhere, even outside and every other businesses you are going to find online. Cryptocurrency is a new thing and because they are getting on this new business doesn’t mean that it is the only place you can find scammers. The thing is that we should look for ways to be dealing with these scammers and solve the issues we are having about them.
Jannyh
Copper Member

Activity: 994
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2020, 03:39:56 PM

It is true scammers are the major problem we have in the crypto community but it is not peculiar to the crypto community, it is a general problem,you find scammers any where there is an opportunity,so the best thing to do,is always to improve on your security so they cannot breech it. We should learn to stay safe and not give them opportunities.

Zazzu

Activity: 518
Merit: 256

Living the truth....

View Profile
July 05, 2020, 03:58:14 PM

There are many scammer in this market, so if someone is greedy then I believe they will encounter many scammer and they could lose money. Be really careful when investing in this market because scammer is always around us
Smitty Werben Man Jensen

Activity: 1568

COMBONetwork

View Profile
July 05, 2020, 04:08:22 PM

It is very difficult to distinguish a scammer from whether or not in the world of crypto currencies, but one way that you are not exposed to a scammer is, do not buy ICO / IEO which is held in unpopular exchanges

bukham88

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 05, 2020, 04:38:58 PM

Scammers are indeed very damaging to the future of crypto, because the more scammers, the more investors out of the world of cryptocurrency, and there are several other things that also affect the future of crypto such as thieves on various exchanges.
coinfinger

Activity: 1638
Merit: 278

View Profile
July 05, 2020, 06:46:10 PM

Honestly the thing about scammers in bitcoin is the fact that they are hard to catch, not that they are hard to stop. There are scammers in fiat world as well, tons of people scam each other in the real world as well but doesn't get as much attention as bitcoin scammers.

There is even a thing called "wage scam" in the world now and is considered a scam where a company makes you work extra hours without pay, and other methods that company avoids paying you for it as a worker, and it is 1000x more than any other scam in the world, yet doesn't get enough attention. Bitcoin scammers are dime a dozen, they should be stopped somehow, but fiat has been around for centuries and people couldn't find a way to stop them, so I doubt we would be capable of stopping the crypto ones.
rezakurnia66

Activity: 644

View Profile
July 05, 2020, 07:19:20 PM

Binance is one of the largest digital currency exchanges in the world. So I'm not surprised if this exchange is also a target for scammers. Yes, this is a big problem and we can not overload or punish them. To me is protecting ourselves to be more cautious. I am grateful that until now it is still safe to use Binance and my digital assets are also safe.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: