Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:39:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Collecting Bitcoin Donations with a recognizable address  (Read 239 times)
wambowambo

Activity: 22
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 15, 2019, 02:06:49 PM

I had an earlier post about Chinese collecting bitcoin as payment and another post about Hong Kong free press collecting donations. One of the things was that they had to use the same darn address for collecting BTC. Now if the addresses for donations were more recognizable I think things would be a lot easier for them.
About two days ago I found this site that gives you a common name like BOB or BitcoinBull or CryptoBull for a bitcoin address. So, I am thinking that things would be easier for large organizations to collect money if they had recognizable names instead of a long string of numbers and letters. What do you think, would it make it easier, in terms of adoption?

The moment that we memorize our address, it is a lot more easier to transact because we are not afraid anymore if the address that we put is correct or wrong. That is why shorter address would be good for us.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
alexnambawan

Activity: 87

View Profile
October 15, 2019, 02:50:24 PM

Not only in terms of adoption but can also make it easier doing transactions. We don't have to worry making mistakes with the address since they're converting the address into recognizable and easy to remember address. Checking and copying too long address take so much time but with this kind of addresses, it'll be problem-free.
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
October 15, 2019, 03:32:14 PM

I had an earlier post about Chinese collecting bitcoin as payment and another post about Hong Kong free press collecting donations. One of the things was that they had to use the same darn address for collecting BTC. Now if the addresses for donations were more recognizable I think things would be a lot easier for them.
About two days ago I found this site that gives you a common name like BOB or BitcoinBull or CryptoBull for a bitcoin address. So, I am thinking that things would be easier for large organizations to collect money if they had recognizable names instead of a long string of numbers and letters. What do you think, would it make it easier, in terms of adoption?

I'm calling scam on this and the link it posts to, and the many newly created sock puppets that support the assertions made.
micher143

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 15, 2019, 03:57:48 PM

Using easy to understand names promotes safe and secured transactions. It provides assurance about your account to prevent loss in addressing in collectiion. So recognizable wallet address helps easier and faster transactions.
trojanx23

Activity: 30

View Profile
October 15, 2019, 03:58:59 PM

I think it will be really better if we use wallet address that are recognizable and easy to understand because using long and complicated addresses are prone in making mistakes when it comes to entering or copying wrong addresses, that is why it will be better if we use simpler names that are recognizable and easy to understand.
GlobalMilk99

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 15, 2019, 04:31:28 PM

That one is very interesting and when I've read more about it gets my attention because im having a hard time remembering addresses so lets go for it!
leexhin

Activity: 503
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 16, 2019, 06:08:54 AM

Choosing a custom name for a cryptoaddress is easily achieve with coins such as EOS, I think having such for bitcoin comes with its downsides as it erodes anonymity (which is something desirable), I think it is ok you do not have that for bitcoin. No address should be hidden for bitcoin transaction
I guess what they are trying to do is not to hide but to make it simpler. What I think is that they are going to provide an alternate version of your address from alphanumeric to much simple 8-16 characters. The idea is awesome to provide solution to the said problems.
TheCoinGrabber

Activity: 994
Merit: 302

View Profile
October 16, 2019, 07:19:55 PM

I don't know solutions to this problem but making sure that the address is prominent in the charity's official website would be a good start. I think most people are capable enough of double-checking the address before sending funds.

I'd trust the address more than the QR code since the former is much easier to double-check. I usually start check the first and last 3 characters.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: