Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:42:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: some of the points and problems that have occurred in the crypto industry.  (Read 477 times)
Vitamin_52

Activity: 854
Merit: 257

View Profile
October 15, 2019, 08:22:15 PM

you write that passing KYC at least reduces fraud. and if your data goes to the wrong place. it's dangerous, I generally against to provide their data, remain incognito

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Nnuego

Activity: 266
Merit: 4

View Profile
October 16, 2019, 01:41:34 AM

Crypto project passing regulations first will at least minimize the rate of scam project. The issue of KYC is quite necessary since some project doesn't allow citizens from China or USA. kYC is everybody whether investors or bounty hunters, without kyc some bounty hunters are ready to run a bounty with multi-account

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
 Cowrium.net  ║A Multidimensional Blockchain & Smart Contract Innovation driven by Cowrie (https://www.cowrium.net/)
NathanJB

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 16, 2019, 01:57:24 AM

Crypto project passing regulations first will at least minimize the rate of scam project. The issue of KYC is quite necessary since some project doesn't allow citizens from China or USA. kYC is everybody whether investors or bounty hunters, without kyc some bounty hunters are ready to run a bounty with multi-account

How I wish there is such a thing as a regulation or a regulating body for all crypto projects to pass through. That would benefit investors, the reputation of the crypto world, and even the bounty hunters. But since there is none, the community should be always vigilant about new projects. KYC is an issue that almost everyone used to be against. But since we cannot help but comply because that is required by law, it is already starting to sink in to everyone that they have to pass through that.
Ss4sukE

Activity: 406
Merit: 3

View Profile
October 16, 2019, 04:23:46 AM

and the last point ... I see many famous prize managers engrossed in money, they forget when they get public trust when they first manage a project, they have now misused crypto as a ponzi scheme of getting rich, red trust has become a symbol of their account. I will not depend on the gift manager anymore. What do you think? a few points above the results of my observations so far.

if so then you need to be vigilant again and not just rely on managers but ensure that the projects they manage have a good concept and transparent team and experienced developers, I rarely see old managers managing projects again like sylon.

► HackenAI ◄ (http://url=https://hacken.ai/) ♦ HackenAI - Personal Cybersecurity Application ♦ ► HackenAI ◄[/url (http://url=https://hacken.ai/)
leea-1334

Activity: 2240
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
October 16, 2019, 06:10:26 AM

Minimize, no way. Do you know just how many projects that seemingly passed regulations ended up becoming scams? And how many exchanges even passed all the regulations in terms of license and then KYC and AML laws,,, yet they also ended up becoming scams?

Just because they want to be compliant does not mean they do not want to scam.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Kemangi

Activity: 71
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 16, 2019, 01:35:27 PM

I agree with all of your points and all of them are spot on, for example like with regulation unable to eliminate the scammers completely, relying on regulation to solve this issue is delusional. There is no way we could fix this and the only way to reduce it is by doing research about everything we want to do.
and I experienced it by myself about number 4, I involved with a project that has its own product and can be considered as a quality product because they got a prize in some event before. But the project they started out did not work well, they are only focusing on what they are doing and do not really care about the investor and their community. Causing the community to panic and feel helpless, crypto is in a bad shape right now.
not only because of scammers but the project itself makes crypto looks so terribly bad.
I also agree as you have explained, regulation will not overcome this, scamers always have many strategies and are almost the same as crypto characters who are anonymous. and what we can do stops promoting bad projects, such as shady teams and projects that look suspicious. avoid that
r_delossa

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 16, 2019, 01:43:12 PM

There are enough examples of a project that fails even with a fully working product. Right now, you simply do not have a guarantee of success, even IEOs profits are not high enough nowadays and can even drop in price directly after listing.
Bitbtc8

Activity: 1148
Merit: 116

View Profile
October 17, 2019, 06:36:54 AM

never invest your money in the wrong place or as easily as when you sell investments at high prices. Scamers are always everywhere & they are like crocodiles waiting for their prey.

1. regulations are not the golden bullet to fight scamers and scamers cannot be eliminated, they are corrupt criminals, they are the biggest problem in the cryptoqurrency industry.
2. KYC The bounty hunter
#. can at least reduce cheating or multi-accounts.
The KYC team & developers
#. can at least reduce a few% of the number of fraud projects, this symbolizes a good project if their team is solid, transparent and responsible.
3. many new companies run their own programs but generate a lot of scams and junk tokens. and I hate saying allocation cuts when sales end successfully.
4. A quality product is no longer a guarantee of the success of a project, and even good marketing does not mean that it can attract market investment. or maybe this is all influenced by a market situation that is still weak.

and the last point ... I see many famous prize managers engrossed in money, they forget when they get public trust when they first manage a project, they have now misused crypto as a ponzi scheme of getting rich, red trust has become a symbol of their account. I will not depend on the gift manager anymore. What do you think? a few points above the results of my observations so far.
Scammers are indeed the biggest crypto problem and regulation can't wipe them out but i belief with regulation it will become fair unlike when there is no rules or law, as for scam ICO projects its up to investors to start taking this more seriously and try to avoid scammers by all means

►           ►     enVoy            Sustainably Green Trust in Trade          ◄           ◄
►           ██  WHITEPAPER       ██  TWO PAGER       ██  TOKEN DECK           ◄
[vFacebook               [vTwitter               [vTelegram               [vMedium               [vLinkedin               [vReddit
Stanlo

Activity: 952
Merit: 110

View Profile
October 17, 2019, 06:51:27 AM

never invest your money in the wrong place or as easily as when you sell investments at high prices. Scamers are always everywhere & they are like crocodiles waiting for their prey.

1. regulations are not the golden bullet to fight scamers and scamers cannot be eliminated, they are corrupt criminals, they are the biggest problem in the cryptoqurrency industry.
2. KYC The bounty hunter
#. can at least reduce a few% of the number of fraud projects, this symbolizes a good project if their team is solid, transparent and responsible.
3. many new companies run their own programs but generate a lot of scams and junk tokens. and I hate saying allocation cuts when sales end successfully.
4. A quality product is no longer a guarantee of the success of a project, and even good marketing does not mean that it can attract market investment. or maybe this is all influenced by a market situation that is still weak.

KYC ain't freedom,i think its cool if there is no KYC since you aren't getting paid in FIAT or you want to withdraw to your bank account, making transactions from coins to coins shouldn't request KYC just like EZ365 project ceo stated, for bounties developers are the ones to decide not us
magnum cyber

Activity: 775
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 17, 2019, 04:52:23 PM

2. KYC The bounty hunter

KYC ain't freedom,i think its cool if there is no KYC since you aren't getting paid in FIAT or you want to withdraw to your bank account, making transactions from coins to coins shouldn't request KYC just like EZ365 project ceo stated, for bounties developers are the ones to decide not us

yes but KYC is still a problem for prize hunters even though it is a necessity to get tokens that are listed on their exchanges. so in my opinion if KYC is needed only for projects that are truly valid or the team responsible. but in reality many projects do not pay participants even though they have completed KYC.

electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1049

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2019, 05:22:47 PM

i oppose that KYC though. even if they are legit  KYC should be a mandatory. bounty hunters at their merci.

they do a bounty campaign today for their will be IEO and then stop the bounty campaign for they are going to now concentrate on IEO that will come for probably after a year. i don't get what they really do when its suppose to be marketing a project while doing IEO and NOT marketing a project and then IEO after a year. what is frustrating is that they promise to distribute the tokens after the campaign but changes the rules later and then distribution will be after IEO.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Ghenjer

Activity: 97
Merit: 1

https://token-sale.fredenergy.org Supporter

View Profile
October 20, 2019, 06:12:38 PM

you write that passing KYC at least reduces fraud. and if your data goes to the wrong place. it's dangerous, I generally against to provide their data, remain incognito

yes I agree with you, but not with projects that I think are bad. like the example of the project I'm promoting right now, I think this project has a good concept and a positive team reputation. I am sure they are a responsible team. so I do not mind if the project that I promote requires to do the kyc system.
electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1049

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2019, 06:41:23 PM

yes I agree with you, but not with projects that I think are bad. like the example of the project I'm promoting right now, I think this project has a good concept and a positive team reputation. I am sure they are a responsible team. so I do not mind if the project that I promote requires to do the kyc system.

you haven't seen it all yet. projects that looks legit at first make reveal its real self after the bounty campaign. you'd be amazed how many projects were promoted here since 2018 that were not yet paying their bounty hunters. if they got paid, the tokens aren't listed to an exchange that has volume or may even be listed only to the exchange they own. no updates and no talks about the project and one day you'll heard them they have now tokens to distribute and the old tokens you got are now useless.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
HK88

Activity: 193
Merit: 3

View Profile
October 26, 2019, 06:41:40 PM

I think many of the problems that have occurred in this market include project failures, weak market situations, project fraud, project products not functioning properly and much more about market issues. but I am sure that the market situation will not always be at the bottom, all will be beautiful in time. we are all really being tested here including how to survive when the market is bad.
tenakha

Activity: 1470
Merit: 509

View Profile
October 27, 2019, 05:50:46 AM

We can not all understand the decentralized system the same. While we see it as our own freedom, some see it as an ideal place to scam people by abscond from justice.
I think many of the problems that have occurred in this market include project failures, weak market situations, project fraud, project products not functioning properly and much more about market issues. but I am sure that the market situation will not always be at the bottom, all will be beautiful in time. we are all really being tested here including how to survive when the market is bad.
I do not think the market is weak. If the market were weak, the weak coins would easily find their place in the market. On the contrary, the market is expanding even further, and this enables the strong ones to survive.
jazmuzika217

Activity: 476
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 27, 2019, 07:58:34 AM

You have a very good point and all you said is correct. Regulation is not the key to fight and kill the illegal activity of the scammer. Always remember that even the republic that have a good government with different duties cannot control that kind of activity . And using kyc is also a good to avoid multiple account because I believe that no one can waste their money and time to hired different people to have different account.
Eclipse26

Activity: 658
Merit: 268

bullsvsbears.io

View Profile
October 27, 2019, 08:54:54 AM

There's a lot of problems occurring in crypto industry. Basically, there will always be a problem. It's not a perfect creation. Just like the risk and scams were always be part of crypto. That's a problem we cannot erase. But these problems can be avoided if we know how to properly protect ourselves from scammers and hackers.
We can alsso include the problem crypto is facing when it comes to government disapproval of crypto in their country. If would be a major problem if most governments will ban crypto... But with different problems occurring, we're able to face and avoid it and still manage to survive. That's what matters

3DBrushes

Activity: 617
Merit: 253

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 27, 2019, 06:27:54 PM

KYC can easily be faked these days whether it maybe users or team developers. No one must take their investment decision solely based on KYC results. For bounty hunters it is a tideous task. They are not investing anything and they are not customers so there is really no need of KYC for them.

KYC should be 5 sec video and saying the required words to be accepted, maybe the project team needs more storage to store the videos, but it really reduce the existance of fake KYC and it will make the crypto environtment keep healthy from fake users and bots
Even I thought of similar video solutions for KYC verification. As you said, the problem is with its storage. Even this can be hacked and data can be sold in dark markets. Whatever this is certainly better than a photo showing KYC holding their documents which shouldn't be taken seriously.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆