Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:00:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: skoll.io - hodl it your way (very early, much beta)  (Read 286 times)
tjatwallypw (OP)

Activity: 20
Merit: 7

View Profile
October 14, 2019, 12:07:59 PM
Last edit: November 01, 2019, 05:22:05 PM by tjatwallypw
Merited by hugeblack (2), Vod (1), veleten (1), DiamondCardz (1)

skoll.io is a open source crypto wealth tracker that runs in your browser. All data is stored on your device (except if you create a online backup).
skoll.io supports over 5k coins. You can manually add coin balances and it can also automatically track address balances for enabled coins (your addresses will be submitted to open block explorer APIs if enabled).
It will automatically scan your ETH addresses for tokens and add any that have any value to your portfolio.

Features List:
-track your balances and value of 5k+ coins
-automatically track the balance of your addresses (btc, bch, bsv, eth, btg, ltc, nxt, doge)
-automatically detect ethereum tokens that have any value
-online backup (generate a unique URL for your portfolio, no personal data is stored)
-theme support (currently 4)
-works on mobile

Update:
code repository: https://github.com/tjwally/skoll.io
twitter: https://twitter.com/IoSkoll/

Screenshots:
8bit theme:
https://i.imgur.com/9tbcRY2.png
https://i.imgur.com/e49AuZe.png

bitcoin theme:
https://i.imgur.com/8ktwAMf.png
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
directBit

Activity: 12
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2019, 12:48:16 PM
Merited by hugeblack (1)

The page design is very unique and really good!

However, I noticed, that you can inject code (Bitcoin input address) that will break the site.
This is a security issue and it should also be fixed in its beta.

Otherwise, I wish you much success and keep it up!
tjatwallypw (OP)

View Profile
October 14, 2019, 01:00:46 PM

The page design is very unique and really good!

However, I noticed, that you can inject code (Bitcoin input address) that will break the site.
This is a security issue and it should also be fixed in its beta.

Otherwise, I wish you much success and keep it up!

Thanks, should be fixed now.
tjatwallypw (OP)

View Profile
October 21, 2019, 01:41:04 PM

Update: You can now change the intervals at which prices and balances are updated in the settings (+ bug fixes).
joniboini
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1792

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2019, 02:37:45 AM

Just visited your website and it seems the default theme is the 8bit one?

I think some users would think that your webpage is old school because the UI. If I were you, changing the default theme to bitcoin or skoll is probably better. Just my 2 cents.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2019, 11:31:51 AM

So this is basically a wealth checker like Mint but for cryptocurrency? Looks nice enough on mobile though I do agree the 8-bit theme isn’t amazing as a default. It’s a good idea - do you plan to add ‘premium’ features as you develop it further?

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
tjatwallypw (OP)

View Profile
October 22, 2019, 11:56:37 AM

So this is basically a wealth checker like Mint but for cryptocurrency? Looks nice enough on mobile though I do agree the 8-bit theme isn’t amazing as a default. It’s a good idea - do you plan to add ‘premium’ features as you develop it further?

Thanks for the feedback! I probably need to put another theme together that I'm happy with. The reason why the 8bit one is default is because it's the one I'm the most happy with and it's also my favorite.
But you are right it's definitely not for everyone. I'm not sure about premium features.. maybe the online backup will become one but for now everything is free and feature that runs in your browser will stay free and open source. The next feature I'm working on are charts and a historic tracking of your overall asset wealth.
rijaljun

Activity: 1274
Merit: 267

View Profile
October 26, 2019, 04:45:33 AM

Are you trying to be unique? Right, using 8bit theme is unique and it won't be interesting for some people. Change or not to change the team is not a a big problem, I don't really care.

The most important is to make the site really working, reliable, smooth and easy to use. People will come and eventually won't care much about the theme though.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com  sports
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀  ▄▄▄▀███▀▄▄▄  ▀█████
████  ▄█████▄ ▄█████▄  ████
███  █ █████▀ ▀█████ █  ███
██  ▄██ ▀▀▀▄███▄▀▀▀ ██▄  ██
██  █▀▄██ ███████ ██▄▀█  ██
██   █████ █████ █████   ██
███  █████▀▄▄▄▄▄▀█████  ███
████  ▀▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀█ ███ █▀▀  ▄█████
████████▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████
▀▀       ▀▀████████
 ▄▄  ▀  ▄▄   ▀█████
 ▀    ▀█████▄  ████
   ▀█▄   ▀▀██▄  ███
 █▄  ▀██▄▄  ▀█▄  ██
  ▀█▄  ▀███▄  ▀  ██
█  ▀██▄  ▀███▄   ██
██  ▀███▄  ▀█▀  ███
███  ▀████▄    ████
 ▀▀█▄  ▀▀▀   ▄█████
▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███▀▀         ▀▀███
▀   ▄▄██▄  ▀█▄  ▀██
 ▄████████▄  ▀█  ██
██████▄▀  ██▄    ██
████▄▀  ▄▀████▄  ██
██▄▀  ▄▀██████  ▄██
▄▀  ▄▀███████  ▄███
█▄▄▀███████▀  ▄████
▀████████▀  ▄██████
  ▀██▀▀   ▄████████
      ▄▄███████████
███████████████████
1mBTC
x 3 WINNERS
BET
MULTIPLIERS
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 3647

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2019, 04:04:40 PM

Amazing! I do not know why the interface of the site was criticized but I liked it, it needs some modification to become attractive but acceptable and not so bad.
You can fix some errors:

- bc1 Support: I tried adding an address and it didn't work.
 - Add a name for the address: It is good to add a name for each address or some notes.
 - Add more local currencies (euro,....etc) and more platforms to update the price.
 - More ways to alert: Email or any other method

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Ringg
Copper Member

Activity: 29
Merit: 5

View Profile
October 26, 2019, 05:42:35 PM

Cool aesthetic to the sites UI!
Was searching for a similar site the other day, glad I found this Smiley
hello_good_sir

Activity: 1008
Merit: 531

View Profile
October 27, 2019, 04:27:21 AM

skoll.io is a open source crypto wealth tracker that runs in your browser. All data is stored on your device (except if you create a online backup).
skoll.io supports over 5k coins. You can manually add coin balances and it can also automatically track address balances for enabled coins (your addresses will be submitted to open block explorer APIs if enabled).
It will automatically scan you ETH addresses for tokens and add any that have any value to your portfolio.

Features List:
-track your balances and value of 5k+ coins
-automatically track the balance of your addresses (btc, bch, bsv, eth, btg, ltc, nxt, doge)
-automatically detect ethereum tokens that have any value
-online backup (generate a unique URL for your portfolio, no personal data is stored)
-theme support (currently 4)
-works on mobile
This doesn't need your private keys, right? You just put your eth address and any other addresses and it will just monitor the balance of the addresses, and give you a total portfolio value?

Pretty neat for people that have a hardware wallet they keep stashed up (I know for one, I'd love to use it because it's hard to keep track of your ledger, and block folio doesn't track transactions from the wallet).

Are there transaction notifications though? There are some wallets (samurai for example) that will give you a notification for received transactions.

DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2019, 12:03:22 PM

Had the same issue as hugeblack, it is a shame to see that you don't support native segwit addresses.

Code:
btc -- html error 500 while fetching data for address: bc1qdmdcardzacdknv4dqy4he4czqsejxek56e60z

I would note that I much, much prefer the 'bitcoin' theme on your site to the 8bit one. The bitcoin theme is really clean, looks quite nice, has colours that work well together, and doesn't look tacky like the 8bit theme does. Why don't you set that to the default theme?

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
tinyteapot

Activity: 1148
Merit: 275

View Profile
October 28, 2019, 09:28:39 AM

I like your website theme because it will not damage users eyes due to the blur look.

This is a personal sponsored project from you and i do not know how long you intend to run it, i will suggest you add donation option and users that like the idea can tip you with some coins. Banner ad will also be great as your website gets more popular.

tjatwallypw (OP)

View Profile
October 29, 2019, 06:28:51 PM

Some updates:

Your portfolios value is now tracked each day you use the app.
The performance your portfolio is now displayed as a percentage (based on the last day you used the app).
A chart has been added that shows your portfolios value history.
bech32 addresses are now supported (trough the bitflyer.com API)
Each of the coins in your portfolio has it's past 24 hour performance displayed as a percentage now.
Lots of UI enhancements and bugfixes.
I've created a demo account with some random addresses that makes it easier to explore the features without adding your own addresses:
https://skoll.io/?id=demo (some of the new features require you to use the app for more that 1 day to show up, check the demo account to see them)

Screenshots:
Portfolio value chart: https://imgur.com/KdUAble
24h Coin performance indicators: https://imgur.com/ulIuN65

Edit:
I've forgot... The online account backup authentication now works based on tokens. You no longer need to put in a password every time you want to update your online backup. Use your password once and the account will be updated automatically on that device/browser.
tjatwallypw (OP)

View Profile
October 31, 2019, 01:13:14 PM
Merited by hello_good_sir (1)

This doesn't need your private keys, right? You just put your eth address and any other addresses and it will just monitor the balance of the addresses, and give you a total portfolio value?

Pretty neat for people that have a hardware wallet they keep stashed up (I know for one, I'd love to use it because it's hard to keep track of your ledger, and block folio doesn't track transactions from the wallet).

Are there transaction notifications though? There are some wallets (samurai for example) that will give you a notification for received transactions.

Yes, it only needs your public addresses and it only sends them to the corresponding exporer API to get the balance. It's store the data in your browser unless you create an online backup.
No personal data is collected, stored or needed for anything. Transaction notifications (for the major coins) are planned. At the moment i'm focused on the portfolio perfromance analytics and UI/UX improvements.
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
October 31, 2019, 09:12:10 PM

Good Stuff. Even good that you made it open-source. I'd like to suggest a few changes

- Don't include all those minified files on your repo. Simply link them using a CDN.
- Add a feature to import addresses using a text file as my native wallet generates a text file of all my addresses so might be helpful for others.
tjatwallypw (OP)

View Profile
November 01, 2019, 04:52:42 PM

Good Stuff. Even good that you made it open-source. I'd like to suggest a few changes

- Don't include all those minified files on your repo. Simply link them using a CDN.
- Add a feature to import addresses using a text file as my native wallet generates a text file of all my addresses so might be helpful for others.

Thanks. I found linking to CDNs can drastically degrade perfromance depending on your connection. Maybe I'm wrong here but I like having everything coming from one server.
I would need to know how the text file is formatted. You currently can paste/import as many addresses as you want for any supported coin.

btw.. I've just added the second chart in a new page "Statistics" that shows your wealth/coin distribution in a donut chart and you can now turn off a couple of features in the settings menu.
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
November 02, 2019, 03:53:47 PM

Thanks. I found linking to CDNs can drastically degrade perfromance depending on your connection. Maybe I'm wrong here but I like having everything coming from one server.
Drastically how? Downloading a script every time you open a website is much slower than serving the cached version of it from the CDN. That's why all these libraries are hosted on a CDN.

I would need to know how the text file is formatted. You currently can paste/import as many addresses as you want for any supported coin.
Every new address will be on a new line. That's how my wallet generated text file looks like.
hatshepsut93
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 2145

View Profile
November 02, 2019, 06:38:02 PM

If you don't want to use CDN, you can cache it on client's side with service workers (plus you'll get offline capabilities). If you are using webpack or other bundler, it can be as easy as adding a few lines of code to your build config.

But I've noticed that you use cloudflare and it already caches resources for you, so you probably shouldn't worry about it too much.

.BEST.CHANGE..███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
tjatwallypw (OP)

View Profile
November 02, 2019, 07:35:13 PM

Drastically how? Downloading a script every time you open a website is much slower than serving the cached version of it from the CDN. That's why all these libraries are hosted on a CDN.

Well the tool will only load as fast as the slowest server it's pulling files from. Since you already pulling the main fails from my server it can only get slower from there. And if any of the CDNs is not reachable the tool will not load at all.
Caching is already done by your browser, cloudflare and my server. I don't see any benefit by using a CDN except savings in bandwith and at this point that's not really a problem.

Every new address will be on a new line. That's how my wallet generated text file looks like.

How will the tool know what coin the addresses belong to? If your tool is just exporting addresses you can already import them in one go by pasting them in the coin manager.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: