Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 04:51:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If you don't like it, then leave.  (Read 6241 times)
JA37

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 15, 2011, 10:59:26 PM

Theft is never justified.

Really? Never? You can't think of a single situation where theft could be justified?
Nope. Unless you hate life and believe an organism has no inherent right to sustain.

Huh? I'm sure there was a point in there somewhere. Care to elaborate?

If an organism has a right to live and sustain, it must be fully entitled to the resources it claims.
I'm an organism and I claim everything, known and unknown, seen and unseen...Most of it is tangible and enforcable.

No, it isn't.

Isn't tangible? Or isn't enforceable?
Well, it's certainly tangible. And enforceable? You're all stealing, and you won't stop. I should just get a BFG and go postal on all of you. Or do you propose that I'm not fully entitled to my claim?

Both.
Actually there were three questions in there.
I disagree. Explain why "Everything" doesn't include tangible goods. Then the other parts too.

Ponzi me: http://fxnet.bitlex.org/?ref=588
Thanks to the anonymous person who doubled my BTC wealth by sending 0.02 BTC to: 1BSGbFq4G8r3uckpdeQMhP55ScCJwbvNnG

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
chickenado

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 16, 2011, 08:01:38 PM

Wealth isn't finite.

I presume you are only talking about finite resources, such as land.

In principle, I think that inheritance of finite resources is immoral.

Bitcoin is a finite resource. Opinion on leaving your heir a USB stick with a few 100k BTC?...

My opinion:  A true Bitcoiner takes his private keys to his grave.

What I like about Bitcoin is that it already has an archaic type of "social justice" built in:

The only way that you can call your Bitcoins truly yours is to store the password to your encrypted wallet in your head and in your head only.  

Any other storage method is corruptible. Attorneys can be bribed, Bank vaults can be plundered, loved ones can be conned.

So de facto, you can either assume full ownership of your BTC or you can have conditional ownership with the chance of passing them on to your heirs (and various degrees in between).

But you can't get more of one without sacrificing the other.
BitMagic

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 17, 2011, 04:55:10 PM

But you can't get more of one without sacrificing the other.

That's amazing! That means that I truly own SO MUCH STUFF BECAUSE I NEVER WRITE DOWN MY PASSWORDS!

Please give me your money, because I am a shameless libertarian elite who deserves your money more than you do: 9Hkao8U82WWDp6SQGn4k7ad9gT1LWeL5s3
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: