Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 09:02:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking To Monetize My Software With Crypto Mining  (Read 195 times)
testing17 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 15, 2019, 11:13:56 AM
Last edit: October 15, 2019, 11:36:03 AM by testing17

Hello
I have developed a windows and mac software (that displays sorts of content for users) and looking to monetize it with crypto mining  users will be mining crypto, after their explicit consent to support the software financially, and I receive the mining revenues, they have to be able to control their mining power)

What is the best way to do that? (aint got any mining knowledge) or who is the right person/team to hire ?

I'd really appreciate your help!

Thank you
mocacinno
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 4984

https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2019, 11:21:44 AM
Merited by ABCbits (1)

Well... First off, welcome to the community.
That being said, i'm not completely sure if you completely tought this one trough...

One of the few crypto's that's both relatively succesfull, AND cpu-minable is monero. But if you look up these two resources:
https://monerobenchmarks.info/
https://www.cryptocompare.com/mining/calculator/xmr

You'll see an i5 (wich is a pretty decent cpu) mines at ~5H/s
If you have a customer that mines 24/7, 100% load, you'll make about $0.51 A YEAR at current diff, block reward and price....

Mining other popular coins like bitcoin or litecoin with a cpu or gpu is just plain nonsense. Monero is one of the best ones, but like i've shown you, you'll make almost nothing.
I guess subscribing to an affiliate advertising company and showing ads in your software will increase your earnings imensely over using your customers devices to mine. And by showing ads, you don't risk being sued if one of your customer's phones overheats and breaks due to mining.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
testing17 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 15, 2019, 11:29:33 AM

Well... First off, welcome to the community.
That being said, i'm not completely sure if you completely tought this one trough...

One of the few crypto's that's both relatively succesfull, AND cpu-minable is monero. But if you look up these two resources:
https://monerobenchmarks.info/
https://www.cryptocompare.com/mining/calculator/xmr

If you have a customer that mines 24/7, 100% load, you'll make about $0.51 A YEAR at current diff, block reward and price....

Mining other popular coins like bitcoin or litecoin with a cpu or gpu is just plain nonsense. Monero is one of the best ones, but like i've shown you, you'll make almost nothing.
I guess subscribing to an affiliate advertising company and showing ads in your software will increase your earnings imensely over using your customers devices to mine. And by showing ads, you don't risk being sued if one of your customer's phones overheats and breaks due to mining.

Thank you!! Joined in 2017.. been only reading threads in here

So, how do pieces of software that use crypto mining survive? Cryprotab is an example (I see their ads all day long)
mocacinno
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2019, 11:53:39 AM

Thank you!! Joined in 2017.. been only reading threads in here

So, how do pieces of software that use crypto mining survive? Cryprotab is an example (I see their ads all day long)

To tell you the truth... I have no idear how they survive...
Probably either because they're not actually mining but doing something else in the background, or maybe because they run a fake miner to get their users to watch ads or get their info, or maybe they just don't care and make a couple of cents per user per year while making their users burn a lot of energy and potentially damaging their user's phone in the process.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Subbir

Activity: 812
Merit: 104

🎄 Allah is The Best Planner 🥀

View Profile
October 15, 2019, 12:37:39 PM

Hi mocacinno
First comment you said mining need i5, i3 Gigabyte motherboard Intel processor Is that enough?

mocacinno
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2019, 12:52:14 PM

Hi mocacinno
First comment you said mining need i5, i3 Gigabyte motherboard Intel processor Is that enough?

Well... If you re-read my post, you'll see that mining monero with an i5 with 100% load, 24/7 for a full year will "earn" you about 50 cents ($0.5), and only IF the diff doesn't rise, the block reward stays the same and the price doesn't drop... This calculation does NOT take into account the amount of money your electricity company will bill you (depending on your country, this can be quite a lot... For me, the power bill would probably be ~$200/year, so my "income" would be NEGATIVE $200/year).

So, mining monero with an i5 will result in negative profit... Don't mine with an i3...

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
taserz

Activity: 800
Merit: 293

Created AutoTune to saved the planet! ~USA

View Profile
October 15, 2019, 12:55:10 PM

Hi mocacinno

Well... If you re-read my post, you'll see that mining monero with an i5 with 100% load, 24/7 for a full year will "earn" you about 50 cents ($0.5), and only IF the diff doesn't rise, the block reward stays the same and the price doesn't drop... This calculation does NOT take into account the amount of money your electricity company will bill you (depending on your country, this can be quite a lot... For me, the power bill would probably be ~$200/year, so my "income" would be NEGATIVE $200/year).

So, mining monero with an i5 will result in negative profit... Don't mine with an i3...

50 cent is 50 cents  though... If you got 7 users that's tree fiddy...

Seriously Subbir it's a bad idea

Autotune Firmware for S19 and S19j! Overclock, Underclock, AutoTuning. Asic.to The MOON Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency 30w/TH up to 85th/s!!Mining bitcoin since 2011 • Best nerd decision of my life
Reiva

Merit: 502

View Profile
October 15, 2019, 02:54:31 PM

But what if his software has thousands of customers? You can still make small profit and hold it till "better" times. But the software has to be auto adjustable, imagine working on pc with 100% CPU load Grin  Think about Antivirus blocking also, they can track and block this type of software. But anyway, yeah, diff will increase eventually

Donations or selling the software is not an option in your case?

Want to earn $$$ just for searching stuff on google? / Xoтитe зapaбaтывaть $$$ пpocтo ищя инфopмaцию в гyглe?
Follow this link -> https://presearch.org
Subbir

Merit: 104

🎄 Allah is The Best Planner 🥀

View Profile
October 15, 2019, 05:48:03 PM

hello taserz,
Really my idea is not good misunderstood something mining, I have never had such a good experience before that was misunderstood for that reason was thinking about buying it or my lack of knowledge about it.

I'm trying to learn more get into the details mining blockchain.

MATHReX

Activity: 861
Merit: 281

View Profile
October 15, 2019, 09:07:32 PM

It's true that mining XMR won't yield much now but the upcoming algo change for XMR to RandomX will make CPU mining viable again.

If the transition works out well and good, a simple i3 processor may yield 10-15 cents per day.

So, if your goal is to generate around $1 per user from your software. You can implement a point-based system and ask users to contribute that amount of points to reach $1 and provide the software AD free per month.

Thus, the user gets AD free, original software and you can generate $$ for your upkeep and service.
joblo
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1114

View Profile
October 15, 2019, 10:41:05 PM

It's not a new idea and has a bad rep.

Some web sites were caught doing it without the users' consent and the shit spread to everyone else.
Even with consent there was user resistance as they didn't realize the impact running a miner would
have on their system.

I'm talking about real mining with real CPUs, not the fake mining on mobile apps.

AKA JayDDee, cpuminer-opt developer. https://github.com/JayDDee/cpuminer-opt
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5226770.msg53865575#msg53865575
BTC: 12tdvfF7KmAsihBXQXynT6E6th2c2pByTT,
jmigdlc99

Activity: 784
Merit: 282

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2019, 02:18:57 PM

But what if his software has thousands of customers? You can still make small profit and hold it till "better" times. But the software has to be auto adjustable, imagine working on pc with 100% CPU load Grin  Think about Antivirus blocking also, they can track and block this type of software. But anyway, yeah, diff will increase eventually

Donations or selling the software is not an option in your case?

If he had that many users anyway then monetization via ads would probably be a more profitable venture. Like others have said, mining with other people's low-end CPUs will not make you rich and it may be better to focus your efforts elsewhere.

Social media advertising seems like a new and hip way of earning money these days.

0xacBBa937A57ecE1298B5d350f40C0Eb16eC5fA4B
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: