Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 06:30:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Visiting Istanbul? Cash out your bitcoin in Istanbul  (Read 391 times)
Doell

Activity: 2156
Merit: 531

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2019, 02:45:31 PM

Metting a random person from the internet for trading Bitcoins in a foreign country is a really stupid idea and the worst way to go.
Better to use localbitcoins website and trade with verified people.

I can't imagine what could happen if things go wrong. I see myself sodomized inside a penitentiary building like the stories I've seen in TV series Lockup Abroad. You'd rather be doing it here in the forum exchange currency section of bticointalk, there are people willing to buy your coins without you having to meetup. Be safe do not do it in any country where you don't have any one you can trust.
I was afraid when I read what you wrote and thought it was true that when I met later was sodomized and imprisoned ,my money was robbed and then I couldn't go home ,thanks for the useful input Secure and anonym must take precedence

█████▄▄██
███▄█████
██▄███████▄
████████████████
███▀██████████▀
██▄████████████▄
░█████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
████▀████████▀████
▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████▀███████▄████
███████▀▀▄▄▄█████
███████████████▀
████████████▀▀
OMBARD.com|.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████░██░████░██
▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
██████████████
▄▄░▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀
██░██░██████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
PICK,
PLAY,
PROSPER!

██████
██████████
██████████
██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████   ██
PROVABLY
FAIR
1%█████████████████   ██
HOUSE
EDGE
100%█████████████████   ██
DEPOSIT
BONUS
  Play now  
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Apes

Activity: 1316
Merit: 257

View Profile
October 24, 2019, 04:24:28 PM

In my view there is nothing wrong with the OP offering an exchange service for getting some fee. This service regulary provided in several tourism destinations, Because it is useful to facilitate the exchange for tourism without having to search for it, especially looking for an official exchange on holidays that are mostly closed.
However, users must remain cautious about using this service because of criminal concerns.
malevolent
can into space
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721

View Profile
October 25, 2019, 03:06:35 PM

What fee does the buyer you're referring people charge? It's the most important detail. Posting what the opening hours are would be good too.

Signature space available for rent.
boltz
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1187

View Profile
October 25, 2019, 04:34:10 PM

Thanks for the offer but if I ever visit Istanbul with Bitcoin I will prefer to convert them into cash in my country instead of converting btc in Turkey as its super risky to travel with your Bitcoin on you. That offer is shady and I don't think someone will trust you as you simply tell you have an office but not a website , an article , some photos of you and the office , your schedule and some extra elements to bring confidence. Stay safe , convert btc-fiat in your own country until more details will come from "the office".

███▄▀██▄▄
░░▄████▄▀████ ▄▄▄
░░████▄▄▄▄░░█▀▀
███ ██████▄▄▀█▌
░▄░░███▀████
░▐█░░███░██▄▄
░░▄▀░████▄▄▄▀█
░█░▄███▀████ ▐█
▀▄▄███▀▄██▄
░░▄██▌░░██▀
░▐█▀████ ▀██
░░█▌██████ ▀▀██▄
░░▀███
▄▄██▀▄███
▄▄▄████▀▄████▄░░
▀▀█░░▄▄▄▄████░░
▐█▀▄▄█████████
████▀███░░▄░
▄▄██░███░░█▌░
█▀▄▄▄████░▀▄░░
█▌████▀███▄░█░
▄██▄▀███▄▄▀
▀██░░▐██▄░░
██▀████▀█▌░
▄██▀▀██████▐█░░
███▀░░
malevolent
can into space
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2019, 06:40:32 PM

as its super risky to travel with your Bitcoin on you.

It's the other way around, if someone wants to mug you or steal your wallet, your money is safer if it's in the form of bitcoins on a hardware wallet as opposed to pure cash or cards.

djefes (OP)

Activity: 209
Merit: 14

View Profile
October 30, 2019, 07:39:52 AM
Last edit: October 30, 2019, 02:13:45 PM by djefes

What fee does the buyer you're referring people charge? It's the most important detail. Posting what the opening hours are would be good too.

Charging fee is 1%. If 1 btc is 10,000$, you will get 9,900$ for 1 btc. It is 100$ in this case. Store opens at 8:00 and closes at 22:00
djefes (OP)

View Profile
October 30, 2019, 07:40:46 AM

Thanks for the offer but if I ever visit Istanbul with Bitcoin I will prefer to convert them into cash in my country instead of converting btc in Turkey as its super risky to travel with your Bitcoin on you. That offer is shady and I don't think someone will trust you as you simply tell you have an office but not a website , an article , some photos of you and the office , your schedule and some extra elements to bring confidence. Stay safe , convert btc-fiat in your own country until more details will come from "the office".

Converting the money in your own country is always the option unless your goverment will deduct taxes from it.
malevolent
can into space
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2019, 02:01:09 PM

Charging fee is 1%. If 1 btc is 10,000$, you will get 9,990$ for 1 btc. It is 10$ in this case. Store opens at 8:00 and closes at 22:00

$10 from $10`000 is 0.1%. So is the fee 1% or 0.1%? And you might want to edit the OP, maybe even the title of the topic. 1% isn't unreasonable so maybe you'll find more people if you let them know what's the fee.

djefes (OP)

View Profile
October 30, 2019, 02:14:16 PM

Charging fee is 1%. If 1 btc is 10,000$, you will get 9,990$ for 1 btc. It is 10$ in this case. Store opens at 8:00 and closes at 22:00

$10 from $10`000 is 0.1%. So is the fee 1% or 0.1%? And you might want to edit the OP, maybe even the title of the topic. 1% isn't unreasonable so maybe you'll find more people if you let them know what's the fee.

Just edited it to 1%
EdenHazard
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1048

View Profile
October 30, 2019, 05:20:35 PM

If you ever plan to visit Istanbul, We have an office in Grandbazaar and we pay cash for your bitcoins. You can cash out your bitcoins tax free. Pm me here or my telegram is @djefess
Guys I dont own the store. If I refer someone, I get paid. That is why I did not write the name of the store. Sorry. You can also meet in anywhere to transact but I wrote Grandbazaar because it is a wellknow public place. Also if you have Turkish bank account, It is possible to wire the money in your bank account But you can easily do it with localbitcoins too.
There is a contradiction in the story, you said "We have an office in Grandbazaar" and then scrapped it "Guys I dont own the store.."
The problem is that making a deal in a public place "especially famous and open to tourists" is used by thieves to steal money as foreigners do not know much about the geography of the place.
Many prefer to conduct transactions in less crowded places such as cafes and others or using some legal stores.
It may be better for you to promote the service using localbitcoin or try to follow legal means if Turkey allows cryptocurrencies.
Haha gotcha. This tradional way to exchange your bitcoin for cash unprofessionally-managed won't work , people would prefer to use a professional services such as local bitcoin of course for security reason , op you do aware about this right? The first principle when you deal with people on the internet is to not trust anybody!

Of course unless if there's something to prove / verify in real word to see your track records such as a well known registered company to make us feel secure , otherwise this is unlikely happened unfortunately.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
joinfree

Activity: 1246
Merit: 260

1A6nybMUHYKS6E6Z3eJFm4KpVDdev8BAJL

View Profile
October 30, 2019, 05:25:19 PM

I can see why you guys are afraid but most of the tourists in Istanbul visit the Grandbazaar for shopping. They also buy jewelries and gold. This is from one of the stores located in Grand Bazaar. Instead of buying jewelry or gold, you can cash out bitcoin. The risk is the same as paying for the jewelry. You can pay for the jewelry and you can't get your money. Believe it or not, large amount of bitcoins transactions happenes in Grand Bazaar. https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/8qlnz7/bitcoin_accepted_in_550_year_old_istanbul_market/
Oh great, this looks a bit convincing now. Initially i also had my doubts Cheesy which obviously is normal if you have lost some your money doing trades like this. Once bitten twice shy but i guess visitors can really use this services of yours. it would be very handy, imagine running out of fiat currency whiles in Istanbul and with their help you can cash out some assets of yours and still go about your duties.

Crypto Enthusiast supporting innovative ideas for the Liberalization of the world from the Centralized Institutions.
djefes (OP)

View Profile
October 31, 2019, 08:18:52 AM

If you ever plan to visit Istanbul, We have an office in Grandbazaar and we pay cash for your bitcoins. You can cash out your bitcoins tax free. Pm me here or my telegram is @djefess
Guys I dont own the store. If I refer someone, I get paid. That is why I did not write the name of the store. Sorry. You can also meet in anywhere to transact but I wrote Grandbazaar because it is a wellknow public place. Also if you have Turkish bank account, It is possible to wire the money in your bank account But you can easily do it with localbitcoins too.
There is a contradiction in the story, you said "We have an office in Grandbazaar" and then scrapped it "Guys I dont own the store.."
The problem is that making a deal in a public place "especially famous and open to tourists" is used by thieves to steal money as foreigners do not know much about the geography of the place.
Many prefer to conduct transactions in less crowded places such as cafes and others or using some legal stores.
It may be better for you to promote the service using localbitcoin or try to follow legal means if Turkey allows cryptocurrencies.
Haha gotcha. This tradional way to exchange your bitcoin for cash unprofessionally-managed won't work , people would prefer to use a professional services such as local bitcoin of course for security reason , op you do aware about this right? The first principle when you deal with people on the internet is to not trust anybody!

Of course unless if there's something to prove / verify in real word to see your track records such as a well known registered company to make us feel secure , otherwise this is unlikely happened unfortunately.

It has been working quite well for a while Smiley
djefes (OP)

View Profile
October 31, 2019, 09:10:35 AM

localbitcoin link is added to post, thanks for the suggestion  Smiley
enhu
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018

View Profile
November 05, 2019, 04:55:25 PM

MATHRex and enhu are typical of majority of "bitcoiners". They probably own some bitcoin, but have never really transacted, much less on the p2p sites they claim to prefer. So don't worry about them. Their choice of affiliations should help you decide if their opinions are worth it or not.

That been said, probably best to offer cash out in a safer way. Prepaid cards, for example, so people don't worry about fake bills, very common also in bazaar exchanges.

Well it should help if a person visits Istanbul and find out what tourist had been saying too. A tourist at least have to virtually see what is in the city before going. I haven't been there too but Scam City series shows a a scary scene. Its all over youtube though so I guess warning here is just a bit of tiny peephole for a tourist to see how daring scammers in the area. Bare in mind, BTC is valuable and scammers knew it.

Its a historical place though so missing it out could a miss of a lifetime. I would probably go there with 5-10 people along with me.

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████
mersal

Activity: 1204
Merit: 38

View Profile
November 06, 2019, 05:57:43 PM

So local bitcoin still serves personal trades in your country,if I am not wrong they removed all personal trade advertisements and stop escrowing them due to issue while trade and not getting the actual fee for the trade amount.But I still can see that advertisement on localbitcoin site which makes me confused about the scenario.
djefes (OP)

View Profile
November 15, 2019, 06:48:52 AM

So local bitcoin still serves personal trades in your country,if I am not wrong they removed all personal trade advertisements and stop escrowing them due to issue while trade and not getting the actual fee for the trade amount.But I still can see that advertisement on localbitcoin site which makes me confused about the scenario.

Not working for cash deals but It doesnt stop publishing an ad
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: