Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 03:33:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Don't run for merits!  (Read 841 times)
Findingnemo (OP)

Activity: 2338
Merit: 763

Bitcoin = Financial freedom

View Profile
October 16, 2019, 05:42:07 PM

This thing is in my mind for very long time now I decided to share with other forum members.

I can see lot of threads and guides for the newbie and other forum members says about "How to get merits",but is that necessary to chase merits? I never wanted to run behind merits because for me its like I am changing my attitude and posting behaviour to get something in return.Just be yourself and learn more about cryptos,why we wanted it and of course how to make money using cryptos.Help fellow forum members in the way you can,if you got recognized then merits will follow you up.

Ignore this topic if you didn't learn anything from this topic,I just wanted to say how I feels about getting merit. Smiley

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
View ArchiveReport to moderator
Bountyhonter

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2019, 05:48:19 PM

They might not necessarily want to chase merits some newbies just know that some members have merits which gives them extra features on the forum like signatures, avatars & the ability to post pictures so they might be wandering about how to get them. You already know that you get merits by being helpful on the forum but some newbies don't know.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▃▅▆█ L E A D █▆▅▃▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
World's Simplest and Safest Decentralized Cryptocurrency Wallet!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ • STORE • SEND • SPEND • SWAP • STAKE • ▬▬▬▬▬▬
rosezionjohn

Activity: 882
Merit: 301

View Profile
October 16, 2019, 06:04:41 PM

I think those guides are not meant to teach newbies to chase for merits but to teach them how to become better poster. If you happen to learn more about crypto, blockchain, or other topics discussed in this forum through those guides, your posting behavior will naturally change.
thefever333

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 16, 2019, 06:23:24 PM

On this forum, Merit provides great opportunities, so everyone wants it.
CryptopreneurBrainboss
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 4177

eXch.cx - Automatic crypto Swap Exchange.

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2019, 06:30:10 PM

I never wanted to run behind merits because for me its like I am changing my attitude and posting behaviour to get something in return. Just be yourself and learn more about cryptos.

The advice from day one has always revolve around not casing after the merits but that doesn't mean you should remain the way you were if your posting style or habit wasn't productive to the forum.  Don't forget, spammers are alway satisfied with the way they post so them changing won't just benefit them in regards to getting merited but it'll also benefit the forum in general as less spam and more productive discussion will be recorded on the forum.

There's nothing wrong in changing your style of posting when you notice they weren't productive in the first place, bear in mind the merit system was introduced to improve the level of quality contributions on the forum so if users are adjusting to this, you don't discourage them instead encourage them to make it a part of their posting style but not by faking it. It's more beneficial when you start producing quality contributions and this isn't just for the merit as it has other benefits like gaining more knowledge by interacting with other quality contributions and been recognized for your posting abilities (which come with it's own rewards).

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Findingnemo (OP)

View Profile
October 16, 2019, 06:42:17 PM
Merited by CryptopreneurBrainboss (1)

I never wanted to run behind merits because for me its like I am changing my attitude and posting behaviour to get something in return. Just be yourself and learn more about cryptos.

The advice from day one has always revolve around not casing after the merits but that doesn't mean you should remain the way you were if your posting style or habit wasn't productive to the forum.  Don't forget, spammers are alway satisfied with the way they post so them changing won't just benefit them in regards to getting merited but it'll also benefit the forum in general as less spam and more productive discussion will be recorded on the forum.

There's nothing wrong in changing your style of posting when you notice they weren't productive in the first place, bear in mind the merit system was introduced to improve the level of quality contributions on the forum so if users are adjusting to this, you don't discourage them instead encourage them to make it a part of their posting style but not by faking it. It's more beneficial when you start producing quality contributions and this isn't just for the merit as it has other benefits like gaining more knowledge by interacting with other quality contributions and been recognized for your posting abilities (which come with it's own rewards).
No,I don't want to discourage anyone by creating this topic but I feels people chasing it rather than earning.

You can see people posting articles and tweets from someone to get merits which is the thing I feel as chasing.Merit also changed my posting behaviour but when people forcing them to get merits with useless predictions which even mostly from others,they will just add the source so they won't get banned.

Merit may change but people were pretending to be as more productive just for merits.
Merit doesn't offer anything other than reaching ranks.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
teosanru

Activity: 2100
Merit: 618

View Profile
October 16, 2019, 08:01:01 PM

No,I don't want to discourage anyone by creating this topic but I feels people chasing it rather than earning.

You can see people posting articles and tweets from someone to get merits which is the thing I feel as chasing.Merit also changed my posting behaviour but when people forcing them to get merits with useless predictions which even mostly from others,they will just add the source so they won't get banned.

Merit may change but people were pretending to be as more productive just for merits.
Merit doesn't offer anything other than reaching ranks.
I liked your idea a bit but all on all I think running behind merits does provides you an adrenaline to try and make quality posts for the forum by pushing beyond the limits of your regular posting habits. Also I think it serves as a reward for those who make a good post therefore it does provides contentment to a person who has researched a lot to contribute something useful to the forum. Running behind merit has no harm until done in a fruitful manner. But running behind merit by buying them is definitely never an option.
Wysi

Activity: 1624
Merit: 261

View Profile
October 16, 2019, 08:01:23 PM

This thing is in my mind for very long time now I decided to share with other forum members.

I can see lot of threads and guides for the newbie and other forum members says about "How to get merits",but is that necessary to chase merits? I never wanted to run behind merits because for me its like I am changing my attitude and posting behaviour to get something in return.Just be yourself and learn more about cryptos,why we wanted it and of course how to make money using cryptos.Help fellow forum members in the way you can,if you got recognized then merits will follow you up.

Ignore this topic if you didn't learn anything from this topic,I just wanted to say how I feels about getting merit. Smiley

I personally don't chase merit but it's always welcome when someone feels that they have gained some knowledge from my post or learned something from my post and appreciate it by sharing a token of merit then it's a pride but not everyone reads the topic about merits just to earn merits but to learn the basic things.

LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1337

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2019, 10:56:33 PM
Merited by The Cryptovator (1)

I think that mainly people who came here with wrong reasons are mainly trying to chase for merits. They desperately trying to get it because they need to rank up to earn money here. I often see people making very generic guides without putting any effort and they expect that someone will flow them with merits.
I can't say that I don't care about merits at all, but I really don't think much about it.
And in general, I got impression that some people over exaggerate forum stuff, like merits, trust system and etc. It's like they don't have life outside forum. But maybe I'm wrong...

judeafante

Activity: 2254
Merit: 258

View Profile
October 16, 2019, 11:49:26 PM

I never run after merits, what's important to me is I abide on what my campaign manager ask me to do and follow all the rules that he laid down and all the rules that this forum implemented and I just trust that my bounty manager and all the moderators that they can see my motivation and that I'm following what they ask me to do, merits are subject to abuse, it's also important but what matter most is I'm ok with my manager and the admins of these forum.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
terizla

Activity: 555
Merit: 271

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2019, 12:11:00 AM

Just be yourself and learn more about cryptos,why we wanted it and of course how to make money using cryptos.Help fellow forum members in the way you can,if you got recognized then merits will follow you up.
Well, i agree with this. If you only focus for merits, you will get risk about how to create a good topic and maybe your topic will sh*tposting.
Just focus to help each other in forum members and solve any problem in forum member, you'll get it.
Alluro

Activity: 742
Merit: 19

View Profile
October 17, 2019, 03:54:48 AM

That's right, the merit farming post does not work. Because the merit will be given by random forum members. Then you have to be active in this forum and help other members in this forum. The merit will come to you automatically.
Bttzed03
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1149

https://bitcoincleanup.com/

View Profile
October 17, 2019, 04:31:41 AM

People tend to try to be better if there is an incentive. I guess that's just natural or common behavior. I don't have a problem with people improving their content and their posting style expecting to get merit as long as they also have the intention to contribute and not openly beg to be merited for their post.

dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1353

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
October 17, 2019, 05:17:08 AM

This is true. Don't chase merits but instead chase improving your post quality and engage on topics that you know really well and contribute new knowledge and the merits will come naturally.  Oftentimes, chasing merits lead to posts that are not really contributing and/or plagiarizing articles/other forum's comments which will result into bans. There are a lot of merit sources nowadays patrolling around the whole forum, giving out merits to those who deserve them, and not those who seek them, so just improve on your post quality and not go for merits exclusively.

Findingnemo (OP)

View Profile
October 17, 2019, 06:20:10 AM

I never run after merits, what's important to me is I abide on what my campaign manager ask me to do and follow all the rules that he laid down and all the rules that this forum implemented and I just trust that my bounty manager and all the moderators that they can see my motivation and that I'm following what they ask me to do, merits are subject to abuse, it's also important but what matter most is I'm ok with my manager and the admins of these forum.
There is nothing wrong with creating contents related to the signature you are promoting but if you are intentionally doing then its shilling.No campaign managers have their own rules,you need to follow forum rules and also try to be helpful for others,then you may get your first merit soon. Cheesy

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
evgenia_volkova

Activity: 78
Merit: 20

View Profile
October 17, 2019, 01:53:27 PM

I agree with you and also do not have much focus on racing for the merits but, if we think from the other side of the sphere then it is probably because of the privileges that comes with merits people prefer chasing it.

dimonstration

Activity: 2604
Merit: 664

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
October 17, 2019, 02:05:24 PM

When we know our post is worth acknowledging some one out in the forum will surely give some merits, unexpectedly you'll just receive it without begging for it.Though some maybe put high standard but their merit their choice, as long as we contribute our ideas and we learn a lot here in forum that's a good sign that soon we might be able to get merits, keep going till you'll be able to inspire someone who can give you merit because simply you deserve it..

mpufatzis

Activity: 840
Merit: 128

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2019, 02:28:58 PM

Opportunities?
Don't expect to make a lot of money from signature Bounties.
ICOs time is over.
2-3 years before it was much different.

Findingnemo (OP)

View Profile
October 17, 2019, 02:39:18 PM

I agree with you and also do not have much focus on racing for the merits but, if we think from the other side of the sphere then it is probably because of the privileges that comes with merits people prefer chasing it.
Like I said earlier the only privilege of having more merits is next rank but if people trying to chase it with unnecessary contents then it will also leads to uncontrollable spam which may end up with no more signatures in bitcointalk.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
wildey

Activity: 1134
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 18, 2019, 06:56:03 AM

quality of posts is really important to get merit. actually I have tried for it, and tried to provide the best information, but it seems like I have to learn more from this. I often read the news to get information, but some people get information faster than me. but, I will continue to study, and be optimistic.

█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
Stake.com
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████