Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 06:48:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Curious about this OKEx Place  (Read 179 times)
Thinking-Crypto (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 17, 2019, 02:04:16 PM

As a fellow trader, I found this new place to trade cryptocurrency called Okex. I’m just wondering if the place is good for trading currency as I have seen other sites with the same functionality, but this one seems new and different.

So far when I was looking around in the site it had all things the other sites had when it comes to trading cryptocurrencies such as real-time graphs, the ability to trade cryptocurrency in an instant and all the hottest traded cryptocurrencies in their front page. It looks really legit.

I honestly don’t have the slightest clue on what places are good or not when it comes to trading, but this one looks alright, but what do you guys think. I’m curious to know whether if the site is good for me to trade cryptocurrencies.
Thinking-Crypto (OP)

View Profile
October 17, 2019, 02:12:58 PM

What do you guys think? I really want to start trading.
CryptoDoomslayer_69

Activity: 5
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 17, 2019, 02:13:48 PM

The site looks rather reliable in my opinion.
Thinking-Crypto (OP)

View Profile
October 17, 2019, 02:19:17 PM

How so? Can you elaborate?
CryptoDoomslayer_69

View Profile
October 17, 2019, 02:21:24 PM

The site has all of the features that any normal trading site usually has such as the ability to trade coins and so and so.
Thinking-Crypto (OP)

View Profile
October 17, 2019, 02:25:53 PM

Anything more? That makes it unique compared to the other trading sites?
CryptoDoomslayer_69

View Profile
October 17, 2019, 02:30:02 PM

Well you can convert the currency into fiat currency & back.
Thinking-Crypto (OP)

View Profile
October 17, 2019, 02:33:33 PM

Oh that’s something I would need later on. Thanks
CryptoDoomslayer_69

View Profile
October 17, 2019, 02:38:00 PM

Sure no problem.
Cypto_Anarchist

Activity: 2

View Profile
October 17, 2019, 02:46:57 PM

I don’t see the difference between the other sites, but there doesn’t seem to any harm in trying.
Rodeo02

Activity: 1302
Merit: 577

avatar and signature space for rent !!!

View Profile
October 17, 2019, 04:44:13 PM

This a good exchange , i am using this one since early 2018 and selling some of my token. The good things about okex they have always a giveaway contest which users are able to particiapte and win even USDT. They actively promoting this exchange in many social platform in facebook, youtube etc.
Murat

Activity: 2156
Merit: 711

Telegram @tokensfund

View Profile
October 17, 2019, 04:53:56 PM

I like this exchange for the following things -

* Trusted
* Fast & Easy
* Unique trading Competition
* Community Engagement
* Futures Contract
* All in one

DaveWave

Activity: 806
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 18, 2019, 12:26:02 AM

OKEx is one of the biggest exchange in their industry so it should be safe and reliable. But personally, I will still pick Binance because of its SAFU. All exchanges have the chance to follow Mt.Gox and Cryptopia. At least in Binance they are starting to allocate some of their income to secure its users funds. But you may also consider the volumes of the specific coins that you are looking into. 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
hello_good_sir

Activity: 1008
Merit: 531

View Profile
October 18, 2019, 01:10:40 AM

Really weird first couple of posts to this thread... Reminds me of the telegram scams that would basically be 2 people shilling something while trying to make it seem like geniune conversation.

Okex is a pretty popular product, so I don't think thats the case then. They've been pretty involved in everything, with their own launchpads, and have been a top 10 crypto-exchange in the last couple of years - and they are very popular in the asian markets.

TravelMug

Activity: 2646
Merit: 851

View Profile
October 18, 2019, 01:31:57 AM
Last edit: October 18, 2019, 02:12:04 AM by TravelMug

As a fellow trader, I found this new place to trade cryptocurrency called Okex. I’m just wondering if the place is good for trading currency as I have seen other sites with the same functionality, but this one seems new and different.

OKex is pretty much a stable exchanges since 2017 so I would say that it's good and reputable.

So far when I was looking around in the site it had all things the other sites had when it comes to trading cryptocurrencies such as real-time graphs, the ability to trade cryptocurrency in an instant and all the hottest traded cryptocurrencies in their front page. It looks really legit.

Most top tier crypto platforms has this sort of offering as well. real-time graphs is just fairly common amongst them.

I honestly don’t have the slightest clue on what places are good or not when it comes to trading, but this one looks alright, but what do you guys think. I’m curious to know whether if the site is good for me to trade cryptocurrencies.

I would advise you to visit coinmarketcap, but with so many exchanges faking their trade volumes, its very hard to give you one, except Binance perhaps.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
s92225

Activity: 105

View Profile
October 18, 2019, 09:27:46 AM

Wow, ok.
First of all, you come to the right place to ask about exchanges i think we do have quite a few Experienced traders here.
Do remember to do a lot of researches before buying Any type of cryptocurrencies.

So cut into the cheese,
From my experience with Binance, bitmex and OKEX, i come up with the following analysis.

Binance:
Good - the OG of crypto exchanges, wide range of trading pairs, relatively reliable.
Bad - suffer from security issue

OKEX:
Good - lots of promotions, airdrops, relatively cheap fees, wide range of products
Bad - too many promotions!

Bitmex:
Good -  high risk high return derivatives
Bad - price manipulation

Source:
www.Okex.com
www.binance.com
www.bimex.com
elda34b

Activity: 910
Merit: 351

View Profile
October 18, 2019, 11:01:30 AM

Aside from the weird case of newbies replying to each other within 10 minutes, I think you can find the answer with googling. Spend 1 hour on Reddit and you'll find lots of post, analysis, experience, etc from people about OKex. In short, it's one of the biggest (wash trading) exchanges out there.
bassbity

Activity: 1092
Merit: 284

View Profile
October 18, 2019, 04:11:12 PM

The Okex exchange is exactly the same as the Coinall exchange in terms of appearance and way of trading, but I have never seen traders complain about Okex exchanges so that is good, Okex exchanges are indeed large exchanges from Korea with many users and real volume.
deadsilent

Activity: 1148
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 19, 2019, 10:37:30 PM

So far, this Exchange performing good. Many say that Okex is good when it comes to margin trading. I don't do margin trading though. Better than Binance margin trading. But for regular trading. I rate it neutral. It's a good Exchange so far. Never heard anything bad about the Exchange. So no worries about getting scammed there. It's safe.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
October 20, 2019, 05:30:59 PM

So cut into the cheese,
From my experience with Binance, bitmex and OKEX, i come up with the following analysis.

Binance:
Good - the OG of crypto exchanges, wide range of trading pairs, relatively reliable.
Bad - suffer from security issue

OKEX:
Good - lots of promotions, airdrops, relatively cheap fees, wide range of products
Bad - too many promotions!

Bitmex:
Good -  high risk high return derivatives
Bad - price manipulation

My two cents about the 'bad' that you specified;

Binance; They did suffer from security problems, but they are fixed. Any new security problems that may occur are just as much of a risk on other platforms.

OKEx; It's a crappy Tether wash trading exchange. Too many promotions is the last "problem" to worry about when using them.

Bitmex; I do agree that there is an increased incentive for the exchange to manipulate the prices and front run orders of other traders because of their in-house trading bots.

I personally would never use or recommend anyone to use OKEx because they are just a shady exchange. BTI report about wash trading can be found here.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: