Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:22:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: 10th anniversary art contest  (Read 6418 times)
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 4110

View Profile
October 19, 2019, 08:47:41 AM

Judging by the entries submitted so far, many of which seem to consist of the text "bitcointalk.org" or a Bitcoin logo slapped on an assembly of entirely unattributed Google image search results, I think there needs to be some clarification on this rule. Undecided
Theymos has merited some users who have used stock images so I'd assume its fine. They probably won't be winning submissions, but effort can still be made with pre existing stock images. I highly doubt slapping a Bitcointalk logo on something will get you win considering some of the talented submissions we've had.
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2019, 01:07:15 PM

There is some decent work starting to show up, which makes sense considering that we have a month so no rush. Hopefully this will continue to improve.

Coming from someone who was first to post some fridge art - you know I'm an expert obviously Grin
finaleshot2016
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1007

Degen in the Space

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2019, 06:03:19 PM

Judging by the entries submitted so far, many of which seem to consist of the text "bitcointalk.org" or a Bitcoin logo slapped on an assembly of entirely unattributed Google image search results, I think there needs to be some clarification on this rule. Undecided
They probably won't be winning submissions, but effort can still be made with pre-existing stock images.
There's no problem with getting stock images because it depends on the way how will you use it creatively. Your senses will be used to make a better image/art using those stock images or vectors on google. Well, There's a part of me that I also dislike stock images where they use it just to cover up the whole image/art then adding text of 'bitcointalk.org', less effort you know.

Regarding web app tools that automatically create images or art with your preferences, it's less effort and meaningless, instant artwork with the help of AI? eh? There's a lot of amazing artworks in there that have meanings and probably hand-made(digital or physical art), art always has meanings. In the end, I don't want to argue with that because art will be always art, we should appreciate it all.
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 16618

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2019, 06:07:58 PM

Coming from someone who was first to post some fridge art - you know I'm an expert obviously Grin
In my search for a method to convert avatars into a bigger picture, I found a site which I'm pretty sure you used too. I didn't want to replicate your idea, otherwise I would have submitted this:
Image loading...

The text is based on Satoshi's whitepaper.
I used wordart.com to create it.
Original image credits: worldvectorlogo.com.

finaleshot2016
Legendary

Degen in the Space

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2019, 06:53:02 PM

In my search for a method to convert avatars into a bigger picture, I found a site which I'm pretty sure you used too. I didn't want to replicate your idea, otherwise I would have submitted this:
--

The text is based on Satoshi's whitepaper.
I used wordart.com to create it.
Original image credits: worldvectorlogo.com.

There's a lot of other art tools that can be used on this contest:
https://wordart.com/
https://cooltext.com/
http://makewordart.com/
https://www.wordclouds.com/
https://flamingtext.com/
https://coolinfographics.com/word-clouds
etc.
--
Due to this issue and the opinions of users on this contest, the judgment should be fair and not be based on the votes 'cause probably it will be easily manipulated by some 'alt accounts' here. This is the suggested criteria for the contest:

My criteria:
  • Originality/Uniqueness-30% (Should be given a high percentage for those who made that type of art, a low score for those who copied the idea)
  • Votes-10% (Low percentage only since it can be manipulated. Should be limited to 2-3 votes per user.)
  • Relevance to the theme-20% (optional since the theme is only 10th anniversary and all participants can make their own themes.)
  • Creativity-40% (Obviously, It's how you manage to create the art and its components: elements, meaning, and style)

And absolutely, there's no room for effort, maybe merits are enough for appreciation.

Probably the judges on votes are all of us while in the other criteria will be judged by reputable staffs especially the admin, @theymos.
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2019, 07:20:49 PM

I tried wordclouds.com and wordart.com and couldn't get them to use the font that I wanted (Ubuntu Bold Italic) so I ended up with some ugly hack that takes 40 minutes to render. Now I found out that wordart can load a TTF file so feeling a bit dumb.

~

I'm quite certain we'll see some outstanding works later in the contest and there won't be any doubt as to the originality or creativity. None of the 15-minute (or 40-minute) "artists" stand a chance if that's what you're concerned about.
Raja_MBZ
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505

View Profile
October 20, 2019, 07:57:47 PM

I'm trying to get 100 images like this one in a single mosaic gallery (10 years x 10 images each of each year). However, when I try to use them all in a single frame, it all gets completely blurred and everything gets ruined. For example:

This:

looks like this when resized in one image:

(which doesn't make any sense at all)

...so are you guys gonna give me any suggestion(s) or should I just give up? Cry
Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2198

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2019, 10:51:59 PM

I've been loving this contest, since I can finally give away some of my merit without having to go look for posts Cheesy

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
Oasisman

Activity: 2604
Merit: 549

Rollbit

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2019, 02:34:53 AM

My criteria:
  • Originality/Uniqueness-30% (Should be given a high percentage for those who made that type of art, a low score for those who copied the idea)
  • Votes-10% (Low percentage only since it can be manipulated. Should be limited to 2-3 votes per user.)
  • Relevance to the theme-20% (optional since the theme is only 10th anniversary and all participants can make their own themes.)
  • Creativity-40% (Obviously, It's how you manage to create the art and its components: elements, meaning, and style)

If your criteria is to be followed, I think It would be better If the Originality/Uniqueness category  has to have the highest percentage.
As what I can see from the current entries, theres a lot of edited stock images blended with additional colors and some fonts. I dont find it Original, although It was creative.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
finaleshot2016
Legendary

Degen in the Space

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2019, 07:46:41 AM
Merited by Oasisman (1)

My criteria:

If your criteria is to be followed, I think It would be better If the Originality/Uniqueness category  has to have the highest percentage.
As what I can see from the current entries, theres a lot of edited stock images blended with additional colors and some fonts. I dont find it Original, although It was creative.
In the originality, im referring about the idea that brings the art into existence. There are different ways of creating art so I think creativity is the one we should prioritize. The category of creativity is very wide and without it, you can't create a good art with meaning.

Creativity have many components like what I've said, meaning, elements, symbols and the style. You can't based your judgment because they used stock images. They can use stock images as long as it's part of the element to create a wonderful art, that's creativity.

It's already a common sense in an art ompetition that we should create unique art so if they wanted to have good percentage of originality then they should think a good and unique concept. And even you're the original maker of that specific art, you can be surpassed by a creative art with meaning.
Oasisman

Activity: 2604
Merit: 549

Rollbit

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2019, 08:59:14 AM

My criteria:

If your criteria is to be followed, I think It would be better If the Originality/Uniqueness category  has to have the highest percentage.
In the originality, im referring about the idea that brings the art into existence. There are different ways of creating art so I think creativity is the one we should prioritize. The category of creativity is very wide and without it, you can't create a good art with meaning.

Creativity have many components like what I've said, meaning, elements, symbols and the style. You can't based your judgment because they used stock images. They can use stock images as long as it's part of the element to create a wonderful art, that's creativity.

It's already a common sense in an art ompetition that we should create unique art so if they wanted to have good percentage of originality then they should think a good and unique concept. And even you're the original maker of that specific art, you can be surpassed by a creative art with meaning.

I get your point. Very well explained. Although we have different views and opinions, and I cant blame you with your own definition of the distinctive qualities of Originality and Creativity. Interesting discussion indeed.

IMHO, Originality somehow sits just a little bit upfront from Creativity, because Originality literally starts from the scratch and the level of difficulty to create a "Creative" art is a bit harder than those (lets say)who used stock images. Plus, Originality implies that its the very first of it and nothing else in existence yet.

Being Original is a way of being creative too. Nevertheless, everything will be judged accordingly. There will be point deductions from each category If the judge finds it "not original" or not so "creative". So, it all goes down to the highest pointer.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 4110

View Profile
October 21, 2019, 11:18:29 AM
Merited by Raja_MBZ (1)

There's no problem with getting stock images because it depends on the way how will you use it creatively. Your senses will be used to make a better image/art using those stock images or vectors on google. Well, There's a part of me that I also dislike stock images where they use it just to cover up the whole image/art then adding text of 'bitcointalk.org', less effort you know.
Using stock images can have an amazing composition, and should be recognition as a talent on its own. I remember seeing a recreation of a old painting with just stock images. It was incredible, and took the person over 80 hours, and 1000s of stock images.

...so are you guys gonna give me any suggestion(s) or should I just give up? Cry
Increase your resolution of the pictures, and they won't be so small, and blurred. The only issue with that is your final piece with everything stitched together is going to be huge.
Raja_MBZ
Legendary

View Profile
October 21, 2019, 04:43:32 PM

Increase your resolution of the pictures, and they won't be so small, and blurred. The only issue with that is your final piece with everything stitched together is going to be huge.

Hmmm... that's a nice idea, thanks! The overall resolution will then become incredibly high though; I'm looking forward to somewhat like 4096x3072 pixels at this point.
LoyceV
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2019, 05:12:06 PM
Merited by Raja_MBZ (1)

I'm looking forward to somewhat like 4096x3072 pixels at this point.
Mine is 9448x6297 pixels, it just means you'll have to zoom and scroll a bit to view everything.

Raja_MBZ
Legendary

View Profile
October 21, 2019, 06:17:32 PM

I'm looking forward to somewhat like 4096x3072 pixels at this point.
Mine is 9448x6297 pixels, it just means you'll have to zoom and scroll a bit to view everything.

Sounds awesome. I think I should then multiply my resolution with a further 1.5x; that should allow me to input some nice addons in the graphics.

At one point in 2014, I was a full-time graphic designer. Since then, I didn't touch Photoshop (at all) until yesterday. Now it's time to revise a few concepts and participate nicely in this contest! Wink
Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4354
Merit: 3044

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
October 21, 2019, 06:32:16 PM
Merited by Raja_MBZ (1)

Sounds awesome. I think I should then multiply my resolution with a further 1.5x; that should allow me to input some nice addons in the graphics.
Just watch your RAM usage, especially if you're using multiple layers. It can quickly get out of hand at these absurd resolutions, and losing your work to a crash or OOM killer isn't fun (save often and keep backups).

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2019, 11:40:12 PM
Last edit: October 21, 2019, 11:53:31 PM by DiamondCardz

It's been a while since I painted, but I've been meaning to get some canvases to do some painting anyway and this competition finally gives me a kick up the backside to order some. So I've ordered some, hopefully I'll have something to show after a few weeks - it's definitely not something I intend to rush! I just hope my entry won't be buried amongst all the others, especially as it will probably come fairly late into the competition.

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
LoyceV
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2019, 09:46:27 AM

Someone asked me for the avatars I used, so I'll share it for everyone: avatars.zip.

Kalemder
Legendary
artcontest

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1727

Be A Hope

View Profile
October 22, 2019, 09:48:31 AM

Thank you @LoyceV thank you very much

How do I copy all user names in a sequence? or in order of activity? I have a video idea but I am looking for data.

Kripto Para Rehberi: Koinmen
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄
▄▄██████████████████████▄
 █████████████▀█████████████▄
▄█████████████▀ ▄█▀ ███████████
▄██████████      ▀▀  ████████████
▄█████████████   ▄▄▄   ▀▀██████████
█████████████▀   ████▄   ▀█████████▄
█████████████    ▀▀█▀▀   ▄██████████
████████████▀   ▄▄      ████████████
████████████   ▄████▄    ███████████
█████████      ██████    ██████████
█████████▄▄            ▄██████████
▀██████████  ██  ▄▄▄▄████████████
▀█████████▄▄█▄ ███████████████▀
▀██████████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
LoyceV
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2019, 09:51:40 AM

or in order of activity?
BPIP has 1000 users ordered by Activity. If you want it all avatars in my collection, you'll have to scrape the profiles to get their Activity.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: