Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 05:54:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Account locked for a full year at HitBtc making me lose $17000.  (Read 274 times)
ytrezq (OP)

Activity: 285
Merit: 27

View Profile
October 20, 2019, 01:14:41 PM
Last edit: October 20, 2019, 01:32:29 PM by ytrezq

And about $8000 could had been saved if the ticket was solved in 9 months (which means last June) instead of a full year.

After recovering access (which did occur from a technical solution from me and not even thanks to HitBtc), funds got/are locked so I still can’t withdraw the remaining. But that time, no reply in tickets whoever they are assigned to even those not related about the problem. Said multiple ticket bumping from mods in trollbox doesn’t change anything.
And worst : if I open a ticket and it’s about about unlocking the funds it ends up being closed 1 or 4 days laters instead of being answered (which suggests this is from manual action) ! (an example being #474483 or #475117 but they are many others).

Linked flag to be supported if you are in the same situation : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;flag=894

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkStar
Copper Member

Activity: 1204
Merit: 737

✅ Need Campaign Manager? TG > @TalkStar675

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2019, 04:41:53 PM

Before opening a flag against anyone it is your responsibility to provide proper evidence on your thread. I haven't found any necessary link or screenshots on your topic to make decision for giving support or oppose. Its a complete inappropriate way to open flags against someone. Please try to provide strong evidence to make your scam accusation much stronger which will definitely help topic viewers to make their decision about the flag. You have mentioned that they locked your trading account so in this case you can post real screenshots of their support tickets.  

Hope you understand  Smiley.

▄██████████████████████████▄
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
▀██████████████████████████▀

████░█▄
████░███▄
████▄▄▄▄▄
█████████
█████████
█████████

████░█▄
████░███▄
████▄▄▄▄▄
█████████
█████████
█████████

.KUCOIN LISTING WORKFLOW.
.KUCOIN COMPANY PROFILE..

Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
October 20, 2019, 07:14:03 PM

Before opening a flag against anyone it is your responsibility to provide proper evidence on your thread. I haven't found any necessary link or screenshots on your topic to make decision for giving support or oppose. Its a complete inappropriate way to open flags against someone. Please try to provide strong evidence to make your scam accusation much stronger which will definitely help topic viewers to make their decision about the flag. You have mentioned that they locked your trading account so in this case you can post real screenshots of their support tickets.  

Hope you understand  Smiley.

I don't think additional evidence is required for this case but I also think that it's necessary to add a flag because there is already an existing one for similar cases created by DiamondCardz. This alone should be considered as an additional case to be put on DiamondCardz thread for the flag. And apparently OP is not the only one that hitbtc locked their accounts and freeze their trading he is just one of the many members here who have lost money because of it.
ytrezq (OP)

View Profile
October 20, 2019, 07:28:12 PM

They aren’t related to my case.
ytrezq (OP)

View Profile
October 20, 2019, 07:30:09 PM

Hope you understand  Smiley.

I don't think additional evidence is required for this case but I also think that it's necessary to add a flag because there is already an existing one for similar cases created by DiamondCardz. This alone should be considered as an additional case to be put on DiamondCardz thread for the flag. And apparently OP is not the only one that hitbtc locked their accounts and freeze their trading he is just one of the many members here who have lost money because of it.

Yes, I’m not the only one, but I’m maybe the only one to the extent ticket status were awaiting reply for 11 consecutive months.

Also my flagging level is supposed to be viewed by not only newbies unlike the DiamondCardz’s one.
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
October 20, 2019, 07:43:32 PM

Maybe provide some screenshots to support your case? You can't just claim something and not back up with evidence.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if this was true, though. HitBTC is known for their notorious customer service and draconian KYC procedures that they seem to go through solely for the purpose of being an excuse to hold onto customer funds for longer.

Don't use them. There's a reason why they've got a neg tag on their account on the forum.
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
October 20, 2019, 07:52:36 PM

Yes, I’m not the only one, but I’m maybe the only one to the extent ticket status were awaiting reply for 11 consecutive months.

Also my flagging level is supposed to be viewed by not only newbies unlike the DiamondCardz’s one.

Well I just realized that DiamondCartdz did include your thread to his accusation thread against HitBTC so I think magneto and TalkStar is right to say that you need to include evidence to support your claim since it will support DiamondCardz' flag as well as make your own case credible for him. So I think adding more screenshots from your emails and conversations might be helpful.
JanpriX

Activity: 1708
Merit: 606

Buy The F*cking Dip

View Profile
October 20, 2019, 10:01:44 PM

For those who are wondering what's happening here, just go to the Twitter link above and read the thread there. But, I can also summarize it here based on my understanding (which can be correct or incorrect).

• 1. Rabbot wanted to withdraw his coins but the withdrawal fees are too high and his coins that is within HitBTC will not be able to cover those fees.
  • 2. When Rabbot tried to trade his coins to different ones (coins that has way lower withdrawal fees), his account got suspended for trading.
  • 3. HitBTC will now then require Rabbot to undergo KYC so that he can trade his coins and withdraw it with minimal fees.

Quick question Rabbot, you do not want to undergo KYC with them, right?

EDIT:
Apologies for being off-topic. I just read the whole thread again and realized Rabbot's case is completely different from ytrezq. Again, my bad for being off-topic.
Rabbot

Activity: 1036
Merit: 269

View Profile
October 21, 2019, 10:15:52 AM

They aren’t related to my case.
I guess I chose the wrong topic, I misunderstood this message:
For all those whose accounts funds are locked for over three months without support awaiting a response during a month and having attempted to reach them through legal@hitbtc.com and pr@hitbtc.com multiple time without receiving a response or whose said actions didn’t results in a reply about what’s happening in tickets, please support this : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;flag=894

I heard about their KYC procedure, so I won’t try. I believe that if so-called "regulation" requires it, they should warn about this in advance and give a choice either to withdraw funds or pass verification. For example, like Bittrex.
They did this without warning, "for security reasons"
We cannot allow you to trade on HitBTC as your account is not verified. It may put at risk other traders security and the work of the platform in general.
I don’t know what that means.
Grab

Activity: 377
Merit: 110

View Profile
October 21, 2019, 03:33:07 PM

For those who are wondering what's happening here, just go to the Twitter link above and read the thread there. But, I can also summarize it here based on my understanding (which can be correct or incorrect).

• 1. Rabbot wanted to withdraw his coins but the withdrawal fees are too high and his coins that is within HitBTC will not be able to cover those fees.
  • 2. When Rabbot tried to trade his coins to different ones (coins that has way lower withdrawal fees), his account got suspended for trading.
  • 3. HitBTC will now then require Rabbot to undergo KYC so that he can trade his coins and withdraw it with minimal fees.

EDIT:
Apologies for being off-topic. I just read the whole thread again and realized Rabbot's case is completely different from ytrezq. Again, my bad for being off-topic.

Next time just read topic before comment, i know it can be hard for signature spammer Cheesy
ecnalubma

Activity: 1526
Merit: 420

View Profile
October 22, 2019, 06:55:27 AM

That’s unfortunate and too much waiting for a single ticket, probably they have no interest in resolving your issues.  Before I haven’t heard issues about this exchange, I stop using it long time ago shocked with their unreasonable withdrawal rates. I still have some coins there not worth to withdraw due to high fees.
Rabbot

Activity: 1036
Merit: 269

View Profile
October 23, 2019, 08:18:09 PM

there is already an existing one for similar cases created by DiamondCardz. This alone should be considered as an additional case to be put on DiamondCardz thread for the flag. And apparently OP is not the only one that hitbtc locked their accounts and freeze their trading he is just one of the many members here who have lost money because of it.
That thread is locked now, and TS removed his support for flag.
elisabetheva

Activity: 1708
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 25, 2019, 02:35:32 PM

Sad to also read about this, frankly, I also experienced something with HitBtc (not a locked account). maybe I'm still one of the lucky ones to get the solution even though it takes quite a long time but compared to the time you are clearly not up to that long. at this time I rarely use HitBtc because there are only many alternative places to exchange, so I don't know what's happening right now there.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: