Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 01:55:58 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do politicians take us for granted?  (Read 525 times)
styca

Activity: 1078
Merit: 354

View Profile
November 13, 2019, 06:10:50 AM

But luckily in these days, people are getting smarter in choosing their leaders. They carefully look for someone who is competent enough to represent them, having the ability and skills enough to meet their standards and having concerns with the others without ill motives.

Bezobraznike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 261

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
November 14, 2019, 08:25:48 AM

But luckily in these days, people are getting smarter in choosing their leaders. They carefully look for someone who is competent enough to represent them, having the ability and skills enough to meet their standards and having concerns with the others without ill motives.

Well done Styca! This picture shows how smarter people are in choosing their leaders! It's the same situation in many
countries, including my own.
   I would not call this leader, and many other leaders 'competent'! This new politicians are making things worst then they
been ever before.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
styca

View Profile
November 14, 2019, 08:46:56 AM

Well done Styca! This picture shows how smarter people are in choosing their leaders! It's the same situation in many
countries, including my own.
   I would not call this leader, and many other leaders 'competent'! This new politicians are making things worst then they
been ever before.

Thanks. A picture says a thousand words. My own country (UK) is the same. We have 'Trump-Lite' Boris Johnson...

Bagaji

Activity: 1330
Merit: 291

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2019, 11:33:09 AM
Last edit: November 15, 2019, 10:30:31 AM by Bagaji

Is not only applicable in your country but the whole of African countries and some other developing countries of the world. Politicians in Africa are self centered, corrupt and they lack leadership quality and they built a political system in such a way that good people with good intentions will not be able to attain any of such position expecially if you are in there group.
styca

View Profile
November 14, 2019, 02:14:36 PM

Is not only applicable in your country but the whole of African countries and some other developing countries of the world. Politicians in Africa are self centered, corrupt and they lack leadership quality and they the system in such a way that good people with good intentions will not be able to attain any of such position expecially if you are in there group.

Sadly, yes. It happens everywhere. In some countries the electorate has very little choice. I'm lucky that in my country the electorate is able to vote freely. The problem in the UK at least is that many people have a sufficiently good standard of living that they couldn't really care about politics. They will vote according to whichever way the tabloid press and TV news (and carefully curated social media feeds) pull them, rather than voting after carefully considering the pros and cons of each argument from their own independent viewpoint.
Bagaji

Merit: 291

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2019, 10:37:17 AM

Is not only applicable in your country but the whole of African countries and some other developing countries of the world. Politicians in Africa are self centered, corrupt and they lack leadership quality and they the system in such a way that good people with good intentions will not be able to attain any of such position expecially if you are in there group.

Sadly, yes. It happens everywhere. In some countries the electorate has very little choice. I'm lucky that in my country the electorate is able to vote freely. The problem in the UK at least is that many people have a sufficiently good standard of living that they couldn't really care about politics. They will vote according to whichever way the tabloid press and TV news (and carefully curated social media feeds) pull them, rather than voting after carefully considering the pros and cons of each argument from their own independent viewpoint.
UK is a develop country and cannot in any way be compared to any of the African countries. I would have love to say one day some African country will get to such level in terms of politics and development but sadly, I don't think it will ever happen in decades to come because the level of corruption in African countries is so high that they can't even feed themselves despite the fact that they have all the resources at their disposal.
audaciousbeing

Merit: 569

View Profile
November 15, 2019, 04:47:52 PM

The story here in most African countries is weird. Its like the only time these politicians seem to care is when election is approaching. They visit us, give us empty promises and a whole lot. Funny enough, they are voted for massively. Then once they are in power, we are out of the picture. In my country for instance, apart from what I was taught back in school, I cant really pinpoint the essence of the Legislature. From my observation, this has become a cycle. Its like instead of them bringing up policies that will improve lives, they waste resources just like that and master how to make us vote for them when the time comes.
My worry is, are we naive or thats just how the game of politics is played?

That is one thing the politicians in Africa are good for and the reason why they can get away with it is because the people allowed them and its even rampant to the extent that a politician who have offered nothing to its people in its first term could have the effrontery to go for second term by winning its party ticket and even contesting for election but the people are just there rallying behind such individual giving him the right to ride them and cheat them for the next four years without any apology.
Naida_BR

Activity: 980
Merit: 62

View Profile
November 15, 2019, 04:59:03 PM

Is not only applicable in your country but the whole of African countries and some other developing countries of the world. Politicians in Africa are self centered, corrupt and they lack leadership quality and they built a political system in such a way that good people with good intentions will not be able to attain any of such position expecially if you are in there group.

In my opinion, the problem exists worldwide.
Due to the fact that African countries have a lot of citizens that live under the poverty level this is more intense in the region. That's why politicians promise a better future and also end up as corrupted governments. It is easier to do so in the African continent.
Cynthia Adoma

Activity: 111
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 16, 2019, 03:50:55 PM

Yes they do. In most African countries especially in the West, this is a norm. Prior to election, they come home, campaigning, making unbelievable promises. The same town they haven't visited in years, they do during electioneering campaign. And after the election, they disappear. Feigning memory loss as per their manifesto. The little things they do like road construction is broadcasted on air like they are doing the masses a favor. Why else where they voted into office if not to fix things/fulfill their promises? But they act like the masses needed them badly to save them. There's no accountability on the part of politicians. They seem to do as they please, with reckless abandon.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: