Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 07:07:36 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which is better, Dogecoin or Litecoin?  (Read 15858 times)
Trololo2060

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 11:08:29 AM

I think Litecoin is a cryptos that could work in real life, online shopping and etc., and it is the concurent to BTC,

for anycoin now marketing and promotion are the most important things
History is one of marketing points

So I do not believe in future of DOGE
El Dude

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 11:10:21 AM

A coin needs to be easy to buy before big stores can accept it . Now that litecoin will be on all the big exchanges it's a matter of time before Overstock and tigerdirect also start accepting litecoin.

Huobi and Btcchina exchanges are irrelevant for that, because a) Chinese stores can't accept cryptos as legal tender, and b) Chinese customers wouldn't be buying at overseas stores, that's why Huobi and Btcchina introducing Litecoin trading won't bring in a lot of new buyers, and are a purely speculating factor. Some buying is possible, but those who wanted to buy into Litecoin have had other options for a long time, there is no shortage of exchanges for that matter, both in China and US/EU.

Huobi and Btcchina put pressure on other exchanges like Coinbase to accept litecoin. It's still hard for people in the US to buy Litecoin , Coinbase will change all that.

Bitcoin and Litecoin hodler
devphp

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 11:22:34 AM

Huobi and Btcchina put pressure on other exchanges like Coinbase to accept litecoin. It's still hard for people in the US to buy Litecoin , Coinbase will change all that.

It's a chicken and egg problem. Why would they buy it if they can't spend it anywhere? Especially so, if they could buy bitcoin which they can spend. People buy something when they can use it (spend it if we talk about a currency) or for speculation. Most people like to buy when the price is growing. Well, the alts are all trending down right now with tiny dead-cat bounces here and there, but the general trend is down.

What are the reasons to buy bitcoin now?
I see 3 reasons, more or less:
To preserve wealth, for speculation, spend it.

What are the reasons to buy altcoins now?
The only reason is for speculation at this point in time.
But since the trend is down, you won't see a lot of speculative interest either, which means you really have to think of all possible factors not to lose your shirt within a few weeks/months. That's what I am trying to do here, and that's what the OP intended: to weigh all pros and cons. We don't need to tout the same old from a few months ago, times change quickly in crypto currencies scene.
El Dude

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 11:38:28 AM

It's a chicken and egg problem. Why would they buy it if they can't spend it anywhere? Especially so, if they could buy bitcoin which they can spend. People buy something when they can use it (spend it if we talk about a currency) or for speculation. Most people like to buy when the price is growing. Well, the alts are all trending down right now with tiny dead-cat bounces here and there, but the general trend is down.

What are the reasons to buy bitcoin now?
I see 3 reasons, more or less:
To preserve wealth, for speculation, spend it.

What are the reasons to buy altcoins now?
The only reason is for speculation at this point in time.
But since the trend is down, you won't see a lot of speculative interest either, which means you really have to think of all possible factors not to lose your shirt within a few weeks/months. That's what I am trying to do here, and that's what the OP intended: to weigh all pros and cons. We don't need to tout the same old from a few months ago, times change quickly in crypto currencies scene.

General trend is up for Litecoin , also litecoin has way more stores accepting it then any other coin.

weuselitecoin.com and uselitecoin.com

KIRAZ

Activity: 392

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 11:49:22 AM

Looks like you have answer it yourself, Litecoin is all way ahead of doge there's
still a long ground to cover up if it stays that long.
And i still think it's meme thing is worn off already.
So, there's not a very bright future ahead of it in crypto-world.
WompRat

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 12:14:41 PM

For me, Litecoin just doesn't have any unique selling points.  When the code is open source you need a strong brand and identity to set you apart otherwise you have nothing.   Coke and McDonalds didn't get to where they are now by having the best product.  Dogecoin has a strong brand which sets it apart.  I can't say it is better because you have to have faith that it will survive being fully mined out and can keep adding users faster than the coin inflation.  It's still an interesting experiment in my opinion. 
viriat0

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 12:15:16 PM

Litecoin Smiley is the father of them all
WompRat

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 12:19:11 PM

Litecoin Smiley is the father of them all

Several studies looking at first mover advantage in a variety of different industries have found no statistically significant advantage for first entrants. 
bl0ckchain

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 12:50:25 PM

Coke and McDonalds didn't get to where they are now by having the best product.  Dogecoin has a strong brand which sets it apart.

This is an excellent point. But what if you gave people more?

Consumers want convenience and brand familiarity, but also need awesome code. If you were to combine great development with great name recognition, you could create the perfect altcoin storm. That's a recipe one coin is now following thanks to the mastermind that some are calling the next Satoshi. He's the inventor of the 51% defense.
WompRat

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 01:10:11 PM

and yet more Goldcoin pumping.  You guys would be much better off buying real gold.
El Dude

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 02:05:28 PM

I like how you guys subtly try and pump ur shit clonecoin in every litecoin thread.

wasamata

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 02:17:15 PM

I like how you try to ramp your failed clone coin too, now with 100's of clones the most overvalued coin currently going arround  Roll Eyes. Litecoin is a complete failure. Built to combat ASICS-NOW BEING RAPED BY SCRYPT ASICS=Mega fail.
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 02:33:56 PM

Built to combat ASICS-NOW BEING RAPED BY SCRYPT ASICS=Mega fail.

lol ltc was not built to combat asics  Roll Eyes
El Dude

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 03:03:34 PM

I like how you try to ramp your failed clone coin too, now with 100's of clones the most overvalued coin currently going arround  Roll Eyes. Litecoin is a complete failure. Built to combat ASICS-NOW BEING RAPED BY SCRYPT ASICS=Mega fail.

marketcap                                             24 hour volume
 Litecoin   $ 491,793,556   $ 18.43   26,680,054 LTC   $ 12,806,345   +7.88 %

just end your life already

wasamata

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 03:23:02 PM

my point exactly, why buy when you can get 100 of clones for a fraction of the price? r.i.p off.
El Dude

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 03:25:19 PM

my point exactly, why buy when you can get 100 of clones for a fraction of the price? r.i.p off.

wtf r you saying ? why buy a good coin that merchants will accept and has a future with a real dev team when you could buy a clone coin that will die after the next pump ?

welcome to my ignore list , u retard.

devphp

Activity: 336

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 08:43:22 AM

As the saying goes: buy the rumor, sell the fact.

El Dude, I hope you managed to offload your overvalued LTCs to the suckers while you were mouth-pumping it and it bounced a la dead-cat style. Too late now if you didn't Smiley
XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 12:40:43 PM

Dogecoin have something that touch hearts ^^ ..
You can lought from Doge meme but this is marketing hit...
Soon with 5% inflation and BIG market it can be easier to use hold Doge than LTC...
Even tha stupid inflation of BTC and DOge will matter in future but you wont see that today when Doge have HIGH inflation.
Process will take year or two to establish price lvls.
I respect LTC but only for Doge ASICs are win high ash power with low cost that is something that Doge needed...
LTC with so high inflation when wil hit top profit of scypt coins will go down like other script coins.
High diff and roi of ASICs will couse headake LTC miners too soon like it is with BTC miners...
In logn run LOW new points of dystrybution of LTC few datacenters like with BTC with centralize minig in same time
Doge will have 95% coins mined out and that 5% year is in real tip to maintenance network...
That makes Doge ASICs proof it was mined without ASICs mostly...
We will see diffrenece when doge will hit lat halfing ^^ and year later.

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
sumone

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 01:28:27 PM

When's the next doge halving?
El Dude

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 01:46:14 PM

Dogecoin have something that touch hearts ^^ ..
You can lought from Doge meme but this is marketing hit...
Soon with 5% inflation and BIG market it can be easier to use hold Doge than LTC...
Even tha stupid inflation of BTC and DOge will matter in future but you wont see that today when Doge have HIGH inflation.
Process will take year or two to establish price lvls.
I respect LTC but only for Doge ASICs are win high ash power with low cost that is something that Doge needed...
LTC with so high inflation when wil hit top profit of scypt coins will go down like other script coins.
High diff and roi of ASICs will couse headake LTC miners too soon like it is with BTC miners...
In logn run LOW new points of dystrybution of LTC few datacenters like with BTC with centralize minig in same time
Doge will have 95% coins mined out and that 5% year is in real tip to maintenance network...
That makes Doge ASICs proof it was mined without ASICs mostly...
We will see diffrenece when doge will hit lat halfing ^^ and year later.

this makes no sense.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: