Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 08:02:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which is better, Dogecoin or Litecoin?  (Read 15853 times)
Beef Supreme (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Put your trust in MATH.

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 02:06:11 PM

Dogecoin have something that touch hearts ^^ ..
You can lought from Doge meme but this is marketing hit...
Soon with 5% inflation and BIG market it can be easier to use hold Doge than LTC...
Even tha stupid inflation of BTC and DOge will matter in future but you wont see that today when Doge have HIGH inflation.
Process will take year or two to establish price lvls.
I respect LTC but only for Doge ASICs are win high ash power with low cost that is something that Doge needed...
LTC with so high inflation when wil hit top profit of scypt coins will go down like other script coins.
High diff and roi of ASICs will couse headake LTC miners too soon like it is with BTC miners...
In logn run LOW new points of dystrybution of LTC few datacenters like with BTC with centralize minig in same time
Doge will have 95% coins mined out and that 5% year is in real tip to maintenance network...
That makes Doge ASICs proof it was mined without ASICs mostly...
We will see diffrenece when doge will hit lat halfing ^^ and year later.

LOLZ.  Pig latin.
El Dude

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 02:13:05 PM

Dogecoin certainly has the marketing advantage. Just look at them go!

http://altcoinpress.com/2014/03/dogecoin-to-sponser-nascar-driver-josh-wise/

that's the only thing it has it fails at every other aspect.

Bitcoin and Litecoin hodler
pbj sammich

Activity: 272
Merit: 250

Fighting Liquid with Liquid

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 02:26:23 PM

Soon with 5% inflation and BIG market it can be easier to use hold Doge than LTC...
Even tha stupid inflation of BTC and DOge will matter in future but you wont see that today when Doge have HIGH inflation.
I respect LTC but only for Doge ASICs are win high ash power with low cost that is something that Doge needed...
LTC with so high inflation when wil hit top profit of scypt coins will go down like other script coins.
High diff and roi of ASICs will couse headake LTC miners too soon like it is with BTC miners...
In logn run LOW new points of dystrybution of LTC few datacenters like with BTC with centralize minig in same time
Doge will have 95% coins mined out and that 5% year is in real tip to maintenance network...

Wow. Many Words, Such Run On ..
hellscabane
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 02:42:15 PM

A really good point that has been brought up is the battle between infrastructure and marketing.

My take is that whoever wins the infrastructure battle will win this overall. And one of the keys is whoever can get onto Coinbase first. Mind you, getting on Coinbase itself is quite unlikely at the moment, but I can see a startup that functions like Coinbase dealing in either LTC, DOGE, or really any other coin getting picked up by Coinbase.

That will give them a significant edge as the amount of integration that Coinbase provides is frankly astounding for how young the crypto-currency scene is. After all, Overstock partnered with Coinbase to start accepting BTC. And whatever other currency can get picked up by them will have the clear advantage.

Sure having a marketing edge is nice, but it doesn't mean anything without strong infrastructure. The reason why McDonald's is so strong is not only because of marketing. They have insane Logistics and Supply Chains that are well-managed and well-formed that allows them to not fall under the weight that they have. That's why for a long time, prior to the 2008 recession, McDonald's was the price-maker in the fast food scene. Their infrastructure allowed them to provide the most competitive price.

Going back to Coinbase once again, I don't think they will transact in another coin other than BTC for the short- to medium-term. It's much more likely they would acquire a startup dealing in another crypto-currency. After all, I'm pretty sure Coinbase would rather not have to get through the legal and financial hurdles that they had to with BTC.
Pangia

Activity: 406

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 02:52:33 PM

The simple fact that there is a thread with multiple pages debating between which digital currency (Litecoin vs. Dogecoin) is better sums everything up.

Just to put things in perspective for those blinded by emotions; let's just say we're comparing cars.

Someone creates a thread asking which car is better, a 2014 Mercedes Bens S class or a 2014 BMW 700 series.  The debate would go on for multiple pages, sort of like this thread.  You'd have lots of posters saying how Mercedes were better and why, whilst others espouse the virtues of BMW's.

But lets say we started a thread and asked if a 2014 Mercedes S class was better than a 2014 KIA (save me the semantics, you know which car most people would want). How far would that thread go? Would there even need to be anything beyond the first page?

What you have here is Litecoin (Mercedes Benz) vs. Dogecoin (BMW) and as such you have multiple pages of passionate people voicing their beliefs as to why one or the other is better.

While most other alt-coins including Dogecoin are just Litecoin clones, Dogecoin makes up for being late to the digital currency world by having a massive community that's making crypto easy for the average person. Dogecoin is the first crypto for many thousands of people and all we have to do is keep rinsing and repeating.  

The digital currency that will win out over all other digital currency will be the one that gets embraced by the main stream.

Right now there is a developing story about a relatively popular main stream website that will be implementing Dogecoin for its visitors to use. If that comes to fruition, we're just a few more steps towards main stream adoption.  Maybe it won't happen for Dogecoin, but just like Bitcoin and Litecoin, Dogecoin is paving the way for things to come.  

You can sit behind your keyboards and cast aspersions against Dogecoin all you want, but in the end, Dogecoin's success will be the success of your preferred digital currency.  

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 03:04:36 PM

this makes no sense.

Let make it in short:

Doge: fast distribution 1 year - 5% inflation after
LTC: long distribution but much higher inflation this year 30%

LTC ASICs = centralized mining in one year just look at cex.io and their 40% hash rate soone or later it will be same with LTC.... ( 65% - of new coins in such distribution )
Doge ASICs will help keep high hash power (last about 10%-15% will be mined in such way and centralized mining)

Doge even in 3 months enormous market.
LTC allso big market even bigger but coin is much older that Doge.

Speed:
Doge 1min
LTC 2.5mn

Winner for me is Doge.
But LTC have some strong pints like market position and Devs.

Biggest Doge + is community and creative people...
Eg. some RobinHood wanted give away on reddit 14m Doges to people and he gave...
i just can't imagine such situation with LTC sry.

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
expertiz

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 03:11:58 PM

LTC<3
hyunsookmom

Activity: 420

Kamehameha!!!

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 03:25:08 PM

shit or shite whats better?

El Dude

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 03:38:27 PM

A really good point that has been brought up is the battle between infrastructure and marketing.

My take is that whoever wins the infrastructure battle will win this overall. And one of the keys is whoever can get onto Coinbase first. Mind you, getting on Coinbase itself is quite unlikely at the moment, but I can see a startup that functions like Coinbase dealing in either LTC, DOGE, or really any other coin getting picked up by Coinbase.

That will give them a significant edge as the amount of integration that Coinbase provides is frankly astounding for how young the crypto-currency scene is. After all, Overstock partnered with Coinbase to start accepting BTC. And whatever other currency can get picked up by them will have the clear advantage.

Sure having a marketing edge is nice, but it doesn't mean anything without strong infrastructure. The reason why McDonald's is so strong is not only because of marketing. They have insane Logistics and Supply Chains that are well-managed and well-formed that allows them to not fall under the weight that they have. That's why for a long time, prior to the 2008 recession, McDonald's was the price-maker in the fast food scene. Their infrastructure allowed them to provide the most competitive price.

Going back to Coinbase once again, I don't think they will transact in another coin other than BTC for the short- to medium-term. It's much more likely they would acquire a startup dealing in another crypto-currency. After all, I'm pretty sure Coinbase would rather not have to get through the legal and financial hurdles that they had to with BTC.

The Litecoin creator works at Coinbase , the next coin on Coinbase will be Litecoin and that's 100%.

hellscabane
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 04:29:20 PM

The Litecoin creator works at Coinbase , the next coin on Coinbase will be Litecoin and that's 100%.

I should clarify, I think that LTC has a higher likelihood of being picked up by Coinbase than any other crypto-currency. That said, just because the creator of Litecoin works at Coinbase doesn't mean that it'll be the next crypto-currency on there. This was discussed 6 months ago when that news was released; after all, he's not the owner of Coinbase and let's face it, they are still developing their platforms for Bitcoin as it is right now. Additionally, there are tons of barriers and legwork that needs to be done in order to add a second crypto-currency systematically. I mean even the U.S. government is still murky on so many points regarding Bitcoin; so for a single company to add a second coin wouldn't make sense. I still stand by my comment that it's more likely for another startup to deal with LTC before that startup being acquired by Coinbase. It just makes much more prudent business sense at the moment.
One Six

Activity: 281

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 05:55:15 PM

Litecoin
sudoku

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 06:27:47 PM

This. The history of technology is filled with examples of marketing winning over technical merits. Doge is winning in the marketing arena.

1SudokuNgdzsYuANDinxUBwKgfyv5cptW
El Dude

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 06:39:36 PM

This. The history of technology is filled with examples of marketing winning over technical merits. Doge is winning in the marketing arena.

And will fail once asics 51% it , 3 forks in 3 months.

counter

Activity: 798

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 07:40:07 PM

I don't even see how it is a comparison but that is just me.  From my understanding dogecoin has been falling in value and litecoin is currently on the rise.  I don't think dogecoin will be around longterm but I believe Litecoin has a long future ahead.  I'm interested to see what others think.
El Dude

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 07:47:58 PM

I don't even see how it is a comparison but that is just me.  From my understanding dogecoin has been falling in value and litecoin is currently on the rise.  I don't think dogecoin will be around longterm but I believe Litecoin has a long future ahead.  I'm interested to see what others think.

it's a phenomenon where everyone owns millions of these crapcoins , so everyone thinks it will one day go to $1.

barbaricmustard

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 03:11:20 AM

it's a phenomenon where everyone owns millions of these crapcoins , so everyone thinks it will one day go to $1.

If you hate altcoins and "crap coins" so much... why the hell do I see you posting in every other thread in this subforum?
devphp

Activity: 336

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 09:55:23 AM

Litecoin reached almost 0.05 ltc/btc back in November, since then it's been falling, and is now half that price.

Dogecoin reached 0.00000280 doge/btc a month ago, since then it's been falling and is now half that price.

Both have had their moments of dead-cat bounces recently.

Dogecoin just does everything faster than Litecoin, rising, falling, building websites Smiley

But the race is still on. I believe it will be clear in a few months who wins. But right now, both have fallen about the same percentage-wise from their peak values, so it's an interesting battle to observe. Only one of them can survive when dust settles Smiley
Warning__3

Activity: 154

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 10:11:15 AM

I would do 50/50 because i like like them both Tongue

Ignition75

Activity: 462

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 10:30:15 AM

It always amuses how much technocrats are removed from reality...

The reality is, you talk to the average punter on the street and most people don't even know what a Bitcoin is.

So it will be about the first to be adopted by the masses, Doge is going to cream everybody because they are marketing lead.

The new generation have arrived and they brought their own currency...
erono

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 10:35:54 AM

I think Litecoin create more wealth.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: