Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:32:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: (Yes or NO) The 2020s belong to DEXs  (Read 5500 times)
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
October 23, 2019, 01:49:40 PM

every time there is some sort of restriction from the government or exchanges like KYC,... on centralized exchanges it pushes people towards the decentralized alternatives, also every time there is another big exchange scamming people it pushes people towards them but it works both ways. whenever there isn't that much things changing like these days, no big exchange pulling scams,... people start feeling falsely safe and forget about DEXes. which means development, innovation and progress slows down or sometimes even stops. and we are at that point and that makes 2020 nearly the same as this year. unless something big changes like Binance scam!

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
malekbaba
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1026

SellDefi.com | Earn by selling files

View Profile
October 23, 2019, 02:23:13 PM

Centralized exchanges are nothing but a joke. Why should I believe 3rd party with my assets? Stealing people's money is not uncommon, so are the hacks. And lastly KYC. Dont you think KYC is against whole crypto concept. You are not anonymous if you do the KYC. So yes, dex is the future.
ice18

Activity: 2492
Merit: 542

View Profile
October 23, 2019, 02:24:28 PM

I will say NO to DEX for now or in 2020, there are many problems you may experience while using DEX at the moment one most obvious is speed like for example if you are trading at fd and attempting to buy on the current order book as I usually experienced I always got some error says that order was already taken etc,,order book not updated as we all know theres no blockchain for now that can process same with centralized exchange like Binance can process almost 1m orders/s its a long way to go before many users will eventually transfer into DEX.

kidbounty

Activity: 1064
Merit: 101

HELENA

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2019, 03:00:31 PM

When up-and-coming DEXs become more convenient than Binance...

Projects like:

Stakenet
Komodo Atomic DEX
Nash
Blocknet
Bisq
Switcheo
Loopring
IDEX
WAVES
Bithumb
...And many more...

Why would anyone ever want to keep using centralized exchanges, especially when their volume becomes irrelevant?

Why would anyone voluntarily send their funds to a wallet on a vulnerable exchange where they don't own the keys and their funds could be frozen at the drop of a hat?

I think the days of centralized figureheads acting as gatekeepers are numbered.
we still need centralized exchange. maybe in the future DEX will become popular, but there are still some problems that cannot be solved by DEX. one of the difficult problems for DEX is combining several blockchain in one platform. on average DEX currently only supports one or two blockchain networks, whereas there are many blockchain networks today such as waves, ethereum, EOS, bitcoin and others.

therefore if DEX cannot solve this problem we still need CEX.

▀█████▄▀██▄▀█▄          H   E   L   E   N   A          ▀▄▀          1,000,365%   APY          ▄█▀▄██▀▄█████▀
▄                    |          TWITTER          |        TELEGRAM        |          DISCORD          |                    ▄
▄        The Best in Space Auto-Compounding DeFi 3.0 Protocol on BSC        ▄
electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1051

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2019, 03:10:11 PM

Projects like:

Stakenet
Komodo Atomic DEX
Nash
Blocknet
Bisq
Switcheo
Loopring
IDEX
WAVES
Bithumb
...And many more...

Why would anyone ever want to keep using centralized exchanges, especially when their volume becomes irrelevant?

Why would anyone voluntarily send their funds to a wallet on a vulnerable exchange where they don't own the keys and their funds could be frozen at the drop of a hat?

we still need centralized exchange. maybe in the future DEX will become popular, but there are still some problems that cannot be solved by DEX. one of the difficult problems for DEX is combining several blockchain in one platform. on average DEX currently only supports one or two blockchain networks, whereas there are many blockchain networks today such as waves, ethereum, EOS, bitcoin and others.

some of them are popular already, every body knows about forkdelta and idex already providing market for the ERC tokens. the volume of each of them are just not enough to make them compete the bigger centralize exchanges. the possible solution is probably organize them all to have one volatility pool where orders from the other dex can be sent to all dex. this way exchanges might just be used widely. i have read this idea from a dex project actually can't remember which one as there are many of them.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
biddicoin

Activity: 1077
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 23, 2019, 03:44:45 PM

DEX has a lack of features compared with big exchanges. based on trader perspective, they need good platform to trade
big centralized exchange gives it and DEX doesnt, so it is reasonable if centralized exchanges get more attention and ofc volume
even they know that centralized is so risky, but they still do

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
beerlover
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 1158

View Profile
October 23, 2019, 04:52:48 PM

DEX unfortunately doesn't make as much profit as the centralized ones which means they do not have the means to fight the centralized ones which is why they don't get super recognized and get bigger. Dex is by far the better option for many people and I would prefer to use it as well but looking at how horrible they are usually done I am afraid even I won't be using them for a little more while.

Maybe one day a much better version will come up and they will make money (since they are usually working on token system and could still profit) but until then there is really no DEX that could rival the goliaths that is centralized ones. Who could really fight against Binance for example, those guys are making millions every month, no DEX could profit that much.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
nightflightcourt (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 23, 2019, 08:39:43 PM

Provide us a DEX that is competitive and at par with the big private exchanges. It should be fast and has a good interface. And people may consider this. Until then, centralized exchanges will continue to enjoy the highest trading volumes.
Stakenet is the best example I can think of. They've been aiming to be the "Apple of DEXs" - friendly and intuitive UI, convenient, easy to use, professional but efficient and geared towards performance. They're using LN to power it and aggregating the "DEXosphere", if you will. That will immediately benefit every DEXs orderbooks.

I think that it's a great situation for us, the users. Competition is like a breeze of fresh air, always brings something beneficial for the entire sector. Whatever it will be some sort of DEX revolution, we, as users, will become just a bit more satisfied with the quality of crypto exchanging. This process of moving majority of the marketcap. on to DEX, may take some significant amount of time though. Thus, I have a feeling that 2020 will remain in the realm of old, well established CEX type market places. Nevertheless the end game, is going to be good for us. One question, why all those dex'es look so ugly?  Wink
2020? CEXs... but what about 2024?
I guess a lot of DEXs are more about function than form. Stakenet looks nice, though.

Decentralized exchanges are gaining huge attention in the cryptosphere but i don't think it would take over Centralized exchanges really quick. Also, most DEXs are quite slower than CEXs hence crypto users would still prefer to use centralized exchanges over decentralized ones. So yeah, it's a big no for me at least not within the next 5 years. CEXs would still rule the cryptospace.
I think Lightning will have a great use case in speeding up DEXs and making them less clunky.

Agreed. I also think Decentralised  can not overtake Centralized exchange. In my opinion Dex exchange is not frendly to use like Cex. And always people are finding Something which is user-friendly. But it is right that we need some Dex  also and sometime dex become very usefull.
DEXs have generations to them now. The newer ones are all about making UI friendly and setup/use convenient.

I agree with you! DEX came later, so, people picked the Centralized exchanges as it came first! But DEX will be more popular than Centralized exchange gradually! Because centralized exchange has many issues like the hacking problem, fake/bot volume, lack of liquidity, high listing and withdraw fee and so on. Where DEX is almost hacked free, not much fake trading volume like CEX and withdraw fee is near zero and token listed fee also reasonable.
Agreed.

it is not about quantity of decentralized exchanges it is about their quality. so far 90% of the projects that are calling themselves "decentralized exchange" are created only to sell people a certain token they also create and raise funds to get rich because of it. and these exchanges don't have that much volume to begin with not to mention that they usually only support a limited number of coins mostly only the ethereum tokens not even altcoins!
so i don't think any kind of big transition from centralized to decentralized exchanges happening any time soon.
A DEX that needs placeholder tokens to substitute for real ones isn't a proper DEX. Native interoperability is as key as not having a central authority in control over it.

Centralized exchanges have several advantages over decentralized ones. The main advantage is the volume of trading. I think that someday the crypto community will begin to switch to decentralized exchanges, but so far we are not ready.
DEX aggregation may very well change that - and sooner than later!

Yes! I'm on the same boat with you mate as I believe that DEX will have a major jump in 2020 and also we can already see a part of the volume moving to dex no wonder why even Binance opened a "dex" even if its not a fully dex like blocknet or waves.

In my personal opinion , waves , blocknet and stakenet are about to bring huge surprises in 2020 for traders , holders and users of dex and their coins.
I think the general sentiment will change quickly when people see how easy to use the newer ones are.
Stakenet is by far one of the most promising ones I've seen.

Speed: It's based on Lightning, so you'll be able to trade instantly/just as fast as any CEX.
Liquidiity/Volume: Their DEX Aggregator will combine DEX orderbooks together, which will benefit all existent DEX's and add a TON of liquidity to the DEX.

At some point I'm sure we'll see a shift, where people move away from the centralized solutions, and only use them whenever they want to "Cash Out".
So back in 2017, I used Bittrex to daytrade a lot. I did pretty well and ended up getting a 10x chasing pumps here and there.
Apparently, it was just enough money to raise a red flag for Bittrex. They reset my verification level and froze withdrawals from my well-established account. They held my funds hostage in exchange for high-level verification. Their support was both worthless (avg response time was 4 weeks) and powerless to do anything about my account that was suspiciously reset. Eventually, I managed to get my money back but it took months of fighting. Suffice to say, I never made a single trade on Bittrex after that and I'm delighted that they've pulled a Bitfinex/Polo and became irrelevant.

This is exactly why I'm excited for Stakenet. Zero hassle, just trade. It'll be fast and have the liquidity to hold it's own. Put simply, I can be at peace knowing that I can access my money at any time - even if my bags moon and my balance becomes 10x what it was overnight.
I hope people aren't still in the habit of keeping more than a few hundred dollars on exchanges. If your bags moon, they may just freeze your account because they can.
nightflightcourt (OP)

View Profile
October 23, 2019, 08:48:59 PM

Decentralized exchanges will likely get better in the future but I doubt they will replace centralized exchanges or have more users. As decentralized exchanges become better, centralized exchanges will probably get even better. Centralized platforms are easier to use.. most people will prefer the easiest platforms.
Current steps for using a centralized exchange to attain true ownership of an altcoin.

1.) Register an account
2.) Verify and KYC
3.) Wait to be verified (depending on exchange it may take up to a week)
4.) Buy Bitcoin (oftentimes somewhere else like Kraken or Coinbase)
5.) Transfer Bitcoin to exchange
6.) Wait for Bitcoin to show up
7.) Buy off exchange
8.) Download individual wallet and let it sync
9.) Transfer off exchange
10.) Wait for coin to show up in private encrypted wallet where you finally have direct ownership of the alt you want to own

...Then it's yours.

Future steps for using a DEX like Stakenet or KMD Atomic DEX to attain true ownership of an altcoin

1.) Register an account
2.) Verify and KYC
3.) Wait to be verified (depending on exchange it may take up to a week)

4.) Buy Bitcoin (oftentimes somewhere else like Kraken or Coinbase)
5.) Transfer Bitcoin to exchange
6.) Wait for Bitcoin to show up
7.) Buy off exchange
8.) Download individual wallet and let it sync
9.) Transfer off exchange
10.) Wait for coin to show up in private encrypted wallet where you finally have direct ownership of the alt you want to own

...Then it's yours.
No accounts. No KYC. No downloading individual wallets. 100% ownership. Trading from a private encrypted wallet. I'll take that any day of the week.
adjed

Activity: 400
Merit: 268

View Profile
October 23, 2019, 09:02:35 PM

Centralised exchanges get more users and would continue to get more users, infact the highest decentralized exchange(Idex) is now asking for KYC before users can trade, so I seriously doubt that decentralised exchanges would start making an impact in 2020, I see no signs of it at all, Centralised exchange are presently the kings and would likely remain so next year.
boltz
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1187

View Profile
October 23, 2019, 09:09:24 PM

Seems that StakeNet is about to make another jump in price despite the fact that the all market is down and struggling to maintain a stable price, this is what a strong project does when the market takes a dive , it stays strong. There are a lot of people talking about DEX lately and this could be only positive news that could reflect in 2020 in both volume and more users. I wouldn't not exclude Blocknet who is stronger and always push updates and waves even if they marketing lately seems to have issues regarding their vision.

███▄▀██▄▄
░░▄████▄▀████ ▄▄▄
░░████▄▄▄▄░░█▀▀
███ ██████▄▄▀█▌
░▄░░███▀████
░▐█░░███░██▄▄
░░▄▀░████▄▄▄▀█
░█░▄███▀████ ▐█
▀▄▄███▀▄██▄
░░▄██▌░░██▀
░▐█▀████ ▀██
░░█▌██████ ▀▀██▄
░░▀███
▄▄██▀▄███
▄▄▄████▀▄████▄░░
▀▀█░░▄▄▄▄████░░
▐█▀▄▄█████████
████▀███░░▄░
▄▄██░███░░█▌░
█▀▄▄▄████░▀▄░░
█▌████▀███▄░█░
▄██▄▀███▄▄▀
▀██░░▐██▄░░
██▀████▀█▌░
▄██▀▀██████▐█░░
███▀░░
SolarWindMiningCompany

Activity: 966
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 23, 2019, 11:38:27 PM

How can it be a year for DEXs when the Centralized exchangea like Binance, Upbit, OKEx, Bittrex are still waxing strong and further positioning itself to satisfy the regulatory demands of SEC and the US Market. Just recently, Some privacy coins were delisted from Okex, Upbit on the demands of the Korean Government. I think I am seeing crypto tilting further to centralization with DEXs like IDEX now running KYC for its users

center]
ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
[/center]
bustedsynx

Activity: 859
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 23, 2019, 11:41:29 PM

The problem with decentralized exchanges is that you have to have a deeper understanding about connecting your wallets to the exchange's smart contract. And trade execution is really 10x slower than the centralized exchanges. Maybe someday but not now.

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade crypto with FTX - 5% off fees with this link
nightflightcourt (OP)

View Profile
October 24, 2019, 02:27:25 AM

Decentralized exchanges will likely get better in the future but I doubt they will replace centralized exchanges or have more users. As decentralized exchanges become better, centralized exchanges will probably get even better. Centralized platforms are easier to use.. most people will prefer the easiest platforms.
Central exchanges have far more barriers and rules to them and yet they will always be playing catch-up with DEXs in terms of security.
Let's say you have a CEX and a DEX. Both are fast, both user-friendly, both with impressive volume, both easily downloadable.
Do you side with the CEX when so many have been hacked and you don't have full ownership of your keys/coins, or the DEX where you do?

Probably because the global exchange like Binance or other exchange is more famous nowadays. So they still use the platform.
Maybe later in 2020 will happen a new trend where Dex is more widely used people than the market usually. As it's the trend of ICO to be a trend of IEO today.
Yeah IEOs have been the buzzword for awhile now, that's for sure.

Binance already have decentralized exchange and there are some major exchanges following this dex trend aswell. from so long ago decentralized exchange always lacking the volume but with the help of all these major exchange to support dex hopefully it could atleast fill its weakness which is volume so that the community could further use dex for their trading. It's always irritating to see a decentralized exchcange that overall gives you advantage in security is being underrated just because it's either too complex for average joe or lacking the volume.
Binance DEX is decentralized in name only. It has geo-blocking and uses placeholder coins. It's not a good example of a DEX, namely because it isn't one.

It's a good thing to see more and more crypto enthusiasts getting to realise that DEX are the future exchanges we all need. The irony is that most decentralized exchanges lack decent trading volumes, and speed of operation is usually not cool compared to centralized exchanges. Decentralized exchanges need to improve in so many features, including user interface. It's a good thing that one can access most DEX via web 3 extensions like Metamask or via wallets like Trust wallet without necessarily directly inputing private keys or mnemonic phrase,  which makes it more secure comparatively. Let's see what the future brings, for now no one knows if 2020 will be the era for decentralized exchanges. By the way, I didn't know Bithumb has a DEX, I only know of the centralized exchange.
Speed, volume, accessibility. A lot of people have been saying that in this thread. It's true there are setbacks for now, but not for long.
I think you will all be blown away when you see what Stakenet's gonna do for the DEX space.  Grin
Beparanf

Activity: 2758
Merit: 761

Burpaaa

View Profile
October 24, 2019, 02:40:26 AM

The problem with decentralized exchanges is that you have to have a deeper understanding about connecting your wallets to the exchange's smart contract. And trade execution is really 10x slower than the centralized exchanges. Maybe someday but not now.
Everything takes time, just like how Binance is as it launche before, more doubts and just time goes by it provides a better performance. They even add a Binance dex simce they see the potential to more trader who prefers a decentralized exchange than their normal exchange Binance. In time as more Dex exchanges appears we can identify whice are better to use in terms of trading, services, profits and performances.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
NeuroticFish
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 6379

Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!

View Profile
October 24, 2019, 10:26:02 AM

but even you phrase it in a way that makes it seem like their days are numbered ("it will still be there for a good number of years")
What happens when Lightning gets to a point where it can provide even cheaper instant off-chain trades between BTC and numerous high volume coins like LTC and stablecoins? All with no central authority or limits imposed by the exchanges?

That would be one great moment in history. I can't wait for it.
At that point the centralized exchanges will remain only a gateway for fiat, which I guess that DEXes will be unable to address.

.HUGE.
▄██████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████▌██▌▐██▐██▐████▄███
████▐██▐████▌██▌██▌██▌██
█████▀███▀███▀▐██▐██▐█████

▀█████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████▀

▀██████████▀▀
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CASINSPORTSBOOK
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄█
desticy

Activity: 1512
Merit: 292

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
October 24, 2019, 07:03:44 PM

A very very complex and controversial issue is when such things can happen at all. Those scenarios that I see are very sad. S
omething must happen that will make people stop trusting centralized exchanges, for example, hacking all exchanges at the same time, which if it happens it will be very soon.
It is also worth noting that the exchanges you are talking about have fairly mediocre liquidity (possibly except IDEX, but this is a partially centralized exchange) and this is a problem,
the speed of order execution leaves much to be desired because decentralization works this way.
But this is not the main problem, perhaps the most important problem is that servers for detailed exchanges are very expensive.

nightflightcourt (OP)

View Profile
October 24, 2019, 10:17:11 PM

There is a possibilty that decentralized exchange will boom next year because even top exchanges like Binance will launch their own DEX which means that users in Binance platform might switch into DEX and also we know that Binance is good at marketing so I'm pretty sure that their own DEX will be the hot topic next year.
I don't know. Binance has a fine CEX, but their DEX isn't a DEX and the way they manipulated BlockDX for info remains suspicious.

The best decentralised exchange with real trading volume is Forkdelta, all others are partly centralised or manipulating trading volumes. Unfortunately, Forkdelta is the only reasonable choice for decentralised traders as for now.
Aggregation should eliminate the liquidity problem for good.

YES and NO! DEX will be better next year and i think they grow more! you forgot to add Binance Dex by the way!
They need to grow alot but for sure in the 2021 they are much ready by  that time!
I didn't add Binance DEX because it's not a real DEX so it doesn't count. It has geo-blocking. I can't even access it in my own country

Yes. Well, they won't be creating a lot of it if the trend isn't going to be there one day. The financial crisis that finance gurus were talking about will probably the least of your worries when your funds are all in the DEX or in your personal wallet. I came across to a question in youtube video where centralize exchange may be affected when crisis actually happen. I have no idea how  Cheesy
Their position is similar to a casino's. If crypto tanks, less people might gamble but they'll always win money from whoever still comes in to play.

We still have to see that because it's too early I have experienced trading on both exchanges and I find trading on Decentralized Exchange much easier, I really don't like KYC so it's really my choice between the two but some of the coins I'm trading are not listed in DEX but if these Dex's can offer better security and easiness of use then we can expect traders to have it as one of their choices.
CEXs had a 5 year start. Even still, I see DEXs catching up with them fast.
bassbity

Activity: 1092
Merit: 284

View Profile
October 25, 2019, 02:20:47 AM

Projects like:

Stakenet
Komodo Atomic DEX
Nash
Blocknet
Bisq
Switcheo
Loopring
IDEX
WAVES
Bithumb
...And many more...

Indeed, the problem cannot be broken because centralized exchange is still on the Ethereum blockchain network. DEX exchange is currently still in demand but the most widely used is CEX, and I have not seen any project that can solve this problem, DEX and CEX are used to trade the same so from trading it has a different performance.
Aabcde

Activity: 1050
Merit: 256

View Profile
October 25, 2019, 02:27:33 AM

DEX is the future. For now it is rather difficult to compete with cetralized exchange. Because of their greater prestige, trading volume too, and most recently they added the IEO feature. This makes them increasingly used by crypto activists. Now, large exchanges have started to make a lot of new DEX. This is a sign that the DEX era will soon develop because it is safer, without fake volume, and also buyers and sellers are connected directly without a third party.

▄▄█████   ▄▄█████   ▄▄█████  ▄▀▄
    ███████▌  ███████▌  ███████▌  ▀▄▀
   ████████  ████████  ████████   ▐▌
  ▐███████▌ ▐███████▌ ▐███████▌▄▄ █
  ████████  ████████  ████████ ██▐▌
 ▐███████▌ ▐███████▌ ▐███████▌▐█▀
 ████████  ████████  ████████
▐███████  ▐███████  ▐███████
█████▀▀   █████▀▀   █████▀▀
Metaspins 

▄▄█████▄▄▄
     ▄▄██████████████▄