Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:54:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone have stock BIOS for GV-R928XOC-3GD REV2? Fan issues in Ubuntu.  (Read 648 times)
ShakinHandz (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 04:26:02 PM

Need to reflash my card, issue described below. If you have stock BIOS for both switches I would greatly appreciate it. Explanation below:

So I'm running a 5 GPU miner on a A88X-PRO. Went out to my miner today to switch a 7970 for a 290, and began running into issues right away. I noticed then that one of my Gigabyte 280xs (Model # in title), would shut off its fans after the rig reached the splash screen in Ubuntu.

Tried to troubleshoot the issue and began switching locations of the card. Even to the first slot. Surprisingly when I ran the display through it, the display worked but the fans stayed off.

Got frustrated and reinstalled with the card in the first slot. As before fans were running during boot and stayed on during the install. As soon as I reboot after install, same behavior. What gives?

Should also mention that my miner lives in a garage, and right now it's cold as shit outside. But my other card, same model, doesn't exhibit this behavior. Any ideas?

TL;DR: GPU runs fans during boot, but stops at 12.04 Ubuntu splash screen.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: