Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:20:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WARNING - SBObitcoin.com appears to be closed - accounts suspended.  (Read 4287 times)
Gogo ppp (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 07:39:31 PM

WARNING WITHDRAWN.

Someone contacted me and told me that his account had also been suspended.
He found out that:

Had nothing to do with VPN/no VPN login.

SBObitcoin locked all accounts (except Peeps based on what he says !!!?Huh) to do a currency update - changing all to a system based on 6k HKD/BTC rather than the previous 4k HKD/BTC.

Communication didn't exist for 5 hours or more.

Apparently and hopefully just a perfect storm appearing to be a situation following in the footsteps of too many other btc books.

Will report if any problem remains but an acquaintance informed me his account was now reactivated with the new HKD amount.

Hopefully all is well...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Rating Place
Legendary

Activity: 3677
Merit: 1058

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 08:18:12 PM

Gogo said that SBOBitcoin was a scam a few months ago. As another poster pointed out, you don't deposit in to scam books so Gogo never played there.

With my account SBOBitcoin told me that they were changing the exchange rate. They asked me if I wanted to withdraw my money or have a new account with the rate changed. It may have been the same account number with a change in Hong Kong dollars but I don't remember since I took a withdrawal. They gave me all my money including the 10% bonus even though I hadn't met the 3x roll.

Rating Place
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 08:20:37 PM

gogo- Why don't you just go to live chat and ask them if your Pinnacle account was closed? It obviously wasn't funded. They will give you a new account. This may have been done when the exchange rate was changed.

Gogo ppp (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 08:23:56 PM

gogo- Why don't you just go to live chat and ask them if your Pinnacle account was closed? It obviously wasn't funded. They will give you a new account. This may have been done when the exchange rate was changed.

You're already aware that it was a currency exchange, as I was the first to report this, and that my issue is resolved.
You read this in the other thread 10 minutes ago.

"Quote from: Peeps Place on Today at 11:54:19 AM
Gogo- If you really had accounts with these books, as you have said, then you would have known this."

Raiders - You are the biggest fraud and the most loathsome and hated poster on all the sportsbetting forums, and this is an example:

"If you really had accounts with these books, as you have said, then you would have known this."

You didn't know yourself  or you would have stated it when I first raised the issue.

You just found out when Melody came back online. This is evident to anyone reading this thread.

Not only that, but you are the one with no account at the book:

"All accounts were shut down and people were given new accounts. You either had the opportunity to withdraw or transfer the money to the new account."

Wrong.  I reported above my acquaintance's experience - I can now state that mine was identical to my acquaintance's - they did a currency amount change - the account number and password is unchanged - there is no new account."
Rating Place
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 09:27:37 PM

You're already aware that it was a currency exchange, as I was the first to report this, and that my issue is resolved.
You read this in the other thread 10 minutes ago.

"Quote from: Peeps Place on Today at 11:54:19 AM
Gogo- If you really had accounts with these books, as you have said, then you would have known this."

Raiders - You are the biggest fraud and the most loathsome and hated poster on all the sportsbetting forums, and this is an example:

"If you really had accounts with these books, as you have said, then you would have known this."

You didn't know yourself  or you would have stated it when I first raised the issue.

You just found out when Melody came back online. This is evident to anyone reading this thread.

Not only that, but you are the one with no account at the book:

"All accounts were shut down and people were given new accounts. You either had the opportunity to withdraw or transfer the money to the new account."

Wrong.  I reported above my acquaintance's experience - I can now state that mine was identical to my acquaintance's - they did a currency amount change - the account number and password is unchanged - there is no new account."

Just stop already. You've never played there. I told you my experience not one of an acquaintance.

boosblock

Activity: 126
Merit: 22

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 12:43:33 AM

I spent over 30 min today in chat explaining to them that by changing their exchange rate they have effectively lowered limits.  Somehow they still dont understand this. 

I'm going to ask for a withdrawal and see how it goes.

Gogo ppp (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 01:09:54 AM
Last edit: March 18, 2014, 01:59:14 AM by Gogo ppp

I spent over 30 min today in chat explaining to them that by changing their exchange rate they have effectively lowered limits.  Somehow they still dont understand this.  

I'm going to ask for a withdrawal and see how it goes.

Boosblock - Were you lowered from 6000 HKD/btc to 4000 HKD/btc?

I reported accurately earlier today that in my case they had initially given me 4000 HKD/btc, and today they upped the rate to 6000 HKD/btc.

Please confirm asap, as this is troubling if they are not being consistent and switching some from 4k to 6k like myself, and switching others from 6k to 4k.
It also makes no sense.

"SBO Bitcoin New Rate Update‏‏‏‏"

"Dear [X],

As you may all know bitcoin value is volatile, in view of this, we are changing your credits to the new rate of 6,000 HKD. Please be guided of the conversion below:

New rate = 6,000 HKD
Old rate = 4,000 HKD"

...[It then shows my balance, and then the conversion math to the New Rate of 6k HKD /btc]

"I spent over 30 min today in chat explaining to them that by changing their exchange rate they have effectively lowered limits."

Can you explain further what you mean by this? [Also, as asked above, did they increase or decrease your HKD to btc ration?].

"I'm going to ask for a withdrawal and see how it goes."

Would be grateful if you could report how it goes asap.

Thank you.

Gogo ppp (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 01:56:09 AM

Is there anyone else reading this who has funds currently at SBObitcoin? (I.e., under their control?).

Weigh in please.

Was your rate changed today (or very recently)?

Did they move you from 4k HKD/btc to 6k HKD/btc, or the reverse?

Recent withdrawal experiences?
boosblock

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 03:49:41 AM

If my limits were effectively lowered then of course the changed the exchange rate from 4000HKD/1btc to 6000HKD/1btc

Unless i'm reading something totally wrong i dont see the cause for concern if they're still paying everyone.

I havent requested a withdrawal yet.
boosblock

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 03:51:09 AM

I need blockchain to come back up before i request a w/d. 

Dont ask  Grin
waylon james

Activity: 53
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 04:14:07 AM

Talk about jumping the gun.  "appears to be closed"

What a fucking idiot.

Gogo ppp (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 04:22:57 AM
Last edit: March 18, 2014, 04:47:55 AM by Gogo ppp

If my limits were effectively lowered then of course the changed the exchange rate from 4000HKD/1btc to 6000HKD/1btc

Unless i'm reading something totally wrong i dont see the cause for concern if they're still paying everyone.

I havent requested a withdrawal yet.

Yes, it made no sense that they would be changing me from 4000 HKD/btc to 6000  HKD/btc, but changing others from 6000 to 4000.

At the same time, the claim was made by one person that they were changing him from 6000 to 4000:

Peeps Place - "Here's the email that SBOBitcoin sent to me.

'We would like to inform you on the update regarding the change of rate for all members.

With your existing account,if you will not play and you want to withdraw, you can do so anytime you want.  We will still use the 6000 rate as the rate for the first time you joined us. But your account now can only be used till Sunday, March 9, 2014. After that, we will suspend the ID but we guarantee you can still withdraw from that ID use 6000 rate. From now on we use the new rate is 4000 to all members. If you want to play, we can transfer your balance to the new account using 4000 rate.

I did discount the info, as it was coming from Peeps, and figured he was providing outdated and/or invalid info, as is his norm. But wanted to make sure - thanks for the response.

Gogo ppp (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 04:33:18 AM
Last edit: March 18, 2014, 08:26:59 PM by Gogo ppp

Talk about jumping the gun.  "appears to be closed"

What a fucking idiot.

Some agents who no one knows and who have been in business for 3 months.

Their website has always provided 24/7 chat.

Suddenly for a period of 5 hours during which time I tried to contact them, there is no chat.
The email "Notify us this way because our Live Chat is down" is also disabled.
But the website is up, so it's not a DDOS attack or server down or the other usual issues.
Another poster confirms that the chat is down for him as well.

Simultaneously the account they have provided at pinnaclesports.com is suspended.
Not only mine but Peeps also reports he can't get into his account as well, so it's not a singular issue solely related to my account.

Pinnaclesports will give no further info.

Somehow you find it ridiculous to conclude that it appears that they have closed shop, as numerous other shops have done.

I had nothing to personally gain if I was correct by putting out the "appears to be closed" warning.

But if correct, I could possibly have saved some people from sending reload money to SBO's wallet.
If not correct, I could withdraw the warning, as I did.

I would certainly do the same in a similar situation, as the only downside is getting stalked by an unhappy troll who is frequently ridiculed on these boards for his worthless posts.
E.g.:

"Quote from: waylon james on March 04, 2014, 02:37:31 PM - "Did you guys raise the juice on college basketball to -109?"

Quote from: jeremypwr on March 05, 2014, 08:14:19 PM - "Do you always post questions when the answer is 100% obvious? LOL jk"

Thus far in the 6 weeks you've been a member, you've made 24 posts, and more than 20% of those are stalking me and fellating Peeps Place.
Perhaps some day you will add something of value to the boards.
Although I'll bet on the "No".
Rating Place
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 04:47:24 AM

Gogo- Being anonymous has nothing to do with a bitcoin book. The two oldest books in Anonibet and BTCSportmatch remain anonymous.

sbobitcoin

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 06:55:39 AM

According to our customer service within shift at march 17 starts at 9pm-6am (GMT+8) live chat was fine, there was no error occur. We apologize for you inconvenience if you had any trouble.
boosblock

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 08:05:55 PM

I was paid with seconds of making my request today FYI.

Gogo ppp (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 08:16:45 PM
Last edit: March 18, 2014, 08:34:05 PM by Gogo ppp

Good news.

Interesting that both you and I were changed from 4k HKD/btc to 6k HKD/btc (and I'm sure that is the case for all).

But Peeps Place claims the reverse - that he was just lowered from 6k HKD/btc to 4k HKD/btc.
How odd.

Peeps Place - ""Here's the email that SBOBitcoin sent to me.

'...From now on we use the new rate is 4000 to all members. If you want to play, we can transfer your balance to the new account using 4000 rate.'  "

Peeps Place - ""If you really had accounts with these books, as you have said, then you would have known this."

Right.
Rating Place
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 08:43:16 PM

Good news.

Interesting that both you and I were changed from 4k HKD/btc to 6k HKD/btc (and I'm sure that is the case for all).

But Peeps Place claims the reverse - that he was just lowered from 6k HKD/btc to 4k HKD/btc.
How odd.

'...From now on we use the new rate is 4000 to all members. If you want to play, we can transfer your balance to the new account using 4000 rate.'  "

Peeps Place - ""If you really had accounts with these books, as you have said, then you would have known this."

Right.

This is the last time that I reply to your lies. You know a guy that plays there. You called him an acquaintance. You never played there since you called the book a scam a while back. BTC prices are volatile. Here's the email that I was sent. As you can see it goes back some time. If you played at SBBitcoin you would know this. Look at the date of the change Match 9.

We would like to inform you on the update regarding the change of rate for all members.

With your existing account,if you will not play and you want to withdraw, you can do so anytime you want.  We will still use the 6000 rate as the rate for the first time you joined us. But your account now can only be used till Sunday, March 9, 2014. After that, we will suspend the ID but we guarantee you can still withdraw from that ID use 6000 rate. From now on we use the new rate is 4000 to all members. If you want to play, we can transfer your balance to the new account using 4000 rate.  

We highly appreciate a response from you as soon as possible regarding this matter.

Best regards,
SBO Bitcoin

Rating Place
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 08:46:35 PM

It went from 6000 to 4000 and then back up to 6000. Everyone that had played there prior to 3/7 would know this.

Gogo ppp (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 08:53:35 PM

It went from 6000 to 4000 and then back up to 6000. Everyone that had played there prior to 3/7 would know this.

"Everyone that had played there prior to 3/7 would know this."

Except you.

'...From now on we use the new rate is 4000 to all members. If you want to play, we can transfer your balance to the new account using 4000 rate.'  "

I realize that you've now checked with them since my post, realize you posted incorrect and out of date info, and are now covering up and pretending you realized this all along (I suppose that you felt it was helpful yesterday to post an out of date email with no longer current info).
Typical Raiders behavior. And why no one should take you seriously. (And why those familiar with you don't).
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: