Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 12:31:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Leveraged: BitMEX Android App  (Read 138 times)
PhilippeM91 (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 23, 2019, 02:57:55 PM
Last edit: October 24, 2019, 08:23:36 AM by PhilippeM91

Hi guys,

I finished development of my BitMEX trading app for Android (iOS following soon).

It's a fully featured mobile client:

* Buy/long or sell/short every market available on BitMEX using Limit, Market, Stop ( Market/Limit), Take Profit (Market/Limit) or Trailing Stop orders.
* Manage your orders: edit the amount / price of your open orders, or cancel them.
* Manage your positions: change the leverage or Limit/Market close your positions.
* Check your wallet balance in a glance while having access to your accounts wallet, order and trade history.

Check it out here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=io.leveragedapp.leveraged

FAQ:

* Why would I trust you with  my API keys
Allow me to discuss the possible risks depending on the type of Key you create (in case I have your API, which I don't because they don't leave the app):
- "Order" to allow the placement and cancelation of orders
So I would be able to place orders and cancel orders  .. but what would be the point, what would be my personal gain?
- "Order Cancel" to allow *only* the cancelation of orders
Why would I cancel your orders, again, whats the point?
- Read-Only key
I couldn't do anything with your account

* Why would you take the time to create a free app like this if there is no personal gain?
- I wanted to learn React Native / JavaScript / ES6, and I learn best by having a project
- I enjoy programming
- I use this as part of my resume
- I plan to add some premium functions: order notifications, widgets, multiple accounts, position calculator and a special kind of order (only check stop orders at candle close - prevents getting wicked out of a position)
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TheNewAnon135246
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1989

฿uy ฿itcoin

View Profile
October 23, 2019, 03:08:58 PM

Do you expect people to enter their Bitmex login credentials in a third party app?
DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2019, 03:11:15 PM

You're expecting people to trust you a lot here mate. Asking people to freely trust you with their exchange credentials is no different to you asking them to trust you with a private key or give them a loan - it's the same level of risk for them. Not particularly helped by the fact that you have no history on this forum.

Also, I've requested this be moved to Service Announcements or Trading Discussion. Threads like these shouldn't be in Project Development - you literally admit yourself in the original post that development is finished.

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
PhilippeM91 (OP)

View Profile
October 23, 2019, 03:14:26 PM

The API keys don't leave the device, they are only stored locally in the app. Too bad there is no way to guarantee this..

You could also leave "Key Permissions" on "-" when creating the keys on BitMEX.
This way users can be sure their keys are safe, since these keys are "Read-Only", and still use it to quickly check on their positions.
TheNewAnon135246
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1989

฿uy ฿itcoin

View Profile
October 23, 2019, 04:33:38 PM

The API keys don't leave the device, they are only stored locally in the app. Too bad there is no way to guarantee this..

You could also leave "Key Permissions" on "-" when creating the keys on BitMEX.
This way users can be sure their keys are safe, since these keys are "Read-Only", and still use it to quickly check on their positions.

The only way to 'guarantee' it is by open sourcing the app. Or let a few trusted people verify the code.
JeromeTash
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1211

Heisenberg

View Profile
October 24, 2019, 06:18:26 AM

Quite hard to trust a brand-new app that barely has reputation.
Yes, i know you gotta start off from somewhere but at least put an effort to make the app trustworthy like include more details about the team behind the app, make it open source etc.

Otherwise, what makes you think people will leave the likes of Tabtrader for your app?

█████████████████████████
██
█████▀▀███████▀▀███████
█████▀░░▄███████▄░░▀█████
██▀░░██████▀░▀████░░▀██
██▀░░▀▀▀████████████░░▀██
██░░█▄████▀▀███▀█████░░██
██░░███▄▄███████▀▀███░░██
██░░█████████████████░░██
██▄░░████▄▄██████▄▄█░░▄██
██▄░░██████▄░░████░░▄██
█████▄░░▀███▌░░▐▀░░▄█████
███████▄▄███████▄▄███████
█████████████████████████
.ROOBET 2.0..██████.IIIIIFASTER & SLEEKER.██████.
|

█▄█
▀█▀
████▄▄██████▄▄████
█▄███▀█░░█████░░█▀███▄█
▀█▄▄░▐█████████▌▄▄█▀
██▄▄█████████▄▄████▌
██████▄▄████████
█▀▀████████████████
██████
█████████████
██
█▀▀██████████████
▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
    PLAY NOW    
PhilippeM91 (OP)

View Profile
October 24, 2019, 08:21:14 AM

Asking people to freely trust you with their exchange credentials is no different to you asking them to trust you with a private key.

I don't agree because the API Keys don't allow withdrawal, totally different to a "private key".

Quite hard to trust a brand-new app that barely has reputation.

I understand. But allow me to discuss the possible risks depending on the type of Key you create (in case I have your API, which I don't because they don't leave the app):
- "Order" to allow the placement and cancelation of orders
So I would be able to place orders and cancel orders  .. but what would be the point, what would be my personal gain?
- "Order Cancel" to allow *only* the cancelation of orders
Why would I cancel your orders, again, whats the point?
- Read-Only key
I couldn't do anything with your account

The only way to 'guarantee' it is by open sourcing the app. Or let a few trusted people verify the code.

But how would you know if this code is the same as the one of the app?

You might ask the question: why would you take the time to create a free app like this if there is no personal gain?
- I wanted to learn React Native / JavaScript / ES6, and I learn best by having a project
- I enjoy programming
- I use this as part of my resume
- I plan to add some premium functions: order notifications, widgets, multiple accounts, position calculator and a special kind of order (only check stop orders at candle close - prevents getting wicked out of a position)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: