Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:00:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Protect Yourself And You Protect Your Assets  (Read 2222 times)
gunhell16

Activity: 1694
Merit: 475

View Profile
October 24, 2019, 09:56:32 PM

I've read people asking and posting how to protect their wallet but apart from educating yourself on how to protect your wallet, private keys and passwords, It's also very important that you protect yourself from exposing your portfolio you don't go around telling friends and random people, coins that you are keeping.
And also It's important to have other businesses or jobs and not rely on all your needs to Cryptocurrency, people will notice this and they will think you are making a fortune from Cryptocurrency and they might target you.

So are you protecting yourself and how do you protect yourself and your family?

Thank you for this and you are right you should protect your self for you and your family.
Also if you lost your self you are losing your crypto also. Business or having a job is one good thing to have in life to earn and also hide the fact that you are earning alot from cryptocurrency. Ill keep safe everything and everyone more than before...

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jossiel

Activity: 2982
Merit: 632

View Profile
October 24, 2019, 10:02:35 PM

I don't boast what's on my portfolio and stop posting on social media related to bitcoin/cryptocurrencies after hearing the news about those robbery. Personal robbery because the robbers know the actual guy and keeps on publishing on how successful he was with crypto.

I have other businesses and ventures that why I'm okay whether the market plunges because I have a long term holding. I'm protecting myself by remaining lowkey and being not boastful about it. I'm sharing some ideas and knowledge to the willing people but in a humble way.

Signature for rent
Pelunize12

Activity: 658
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 24, 2019, 10:42:32 PM

i protect myself by following things :

1. i use trusted exchange to trade, yeah most of my asset is on exchange because i trade cryptocurrency.
i know and understand if placing coin in exchange is same as give it to exchange, but what may i do? centralized exchange isnt good as decentralized right now

2. i never expose my total asset to public, i think that looks like stupid thing that shouldnt do

3. i use antivirus and do safe internet browsing, just trust good source
sirminesalot

Activity: 1148
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 24, 2019, 10:50:39 PM

i protect myself by following things :

1. i use trusted exchange to trade, yeah most of my asset is on exchange because i trade cryptocurrency.
i know and understand if placing coin in exchange is same as give it to exchange, but what may i do? centralized exchange isnt good as decentralized right now

2. i never expose my total asset to public, i think that looks like stupid thing that shouldnt do

3. i use antivirus and do safe internet browsing, just trust good source
thank you for your suggestions and opinions that you convey are very good and useful for us all and from what you say, I conclude that all security regarding asset security or related to crypto currencies is our own responsibility because there are no legal institutions that protect assets we are in crypto currency
Suharti12

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 24, 2019, 10:53:05 PM

To protect our assets, we really need to do that.  we don't need to expose what we have publicly.  Do not tell too many stories about what we do with the World of Cryptocurrency, it is very necessary for us to maintain our identity.  So that we are protected from people who are not responsible.  Because no one will help us to protect ourselves, our families and our assets unless we ourselves do it.

●          ◯        M O N O P O L Y   M I L L I O N A I R E        ◯          ●
████ ███ ██ █        Diversified Gaming Platform Covering Staking, NFT and Metaverse Games        █ ██ ███ ████
Facebook     |     Twitter     |     Telegram     |     LinkedIn     |     Github     |     Discord     |     Medium     |     Reddit
carriebee

Activity: 1148
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 24, 2019, 11:52:30 PM

I've read people asking and posting how to protect their wallet but apart from educating yourself on how to protect your wallet, private keys and passwords, It's also very important that you protect yourself from exposing your portfolio you don't go around telling friends and random people, coins that you are keeping.
And also It's important to have other businesses or jobs and not rely on all your needs to Cryptocurrency, people will notice this and they will think you are making a fortune from Cryptocurrency and they might target you.

That's  true some people is more  confident to show their portfolio to others to show them the proof that have a good earnings but didn't notice that this kind of attitude will bring to them in harmful way. Much better to keep your portfolio private and don't show to any one especially in social media because you don't know some of them frauders. Be more vigilant and be more private to anything about your crypto earnings, wallet and etc...
lienfaye

Activity: 2926
Merit: 629

View Profile
October 25, 2019, 01:06:47 AM

Its a must to protect ourselves against people who might put us in danger, never trust easily even if its someone you know.

Its fine to spread awareness about crypto and teach others how to earn but dont expose your own earnings especially your private keys.

fosco333

Activity: 1260
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 25, 2019, 06:40:52 AM

Yes, because it is very important to protect our asset so it won't gone or lost.
The first thing to protect our coins is by using a reliable wallet to store our coins.
It is very recommended to use hard wallet so our coins won't be lose easily.

erickastella

Activity: 826
Merit: 281

View Profile
October 25, 2019, 07:20:37 AM

yes there are so many ways people to commit crimes including social engineering even our closest friends might try to seize our assets by all means, therefore we must take good care of our assets in order to avoid bad things.
lolgato1

Activity: 793
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 25, 2019, 07:34:02 AM

You are wrong, still you are connected to the internet, connected to the world and this is the point where everything could be abused. Even you have hardware wallet, there is a chance that hacker will change the copied address to his one. Be careful and do not trust anything.  Smiley

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
xOdiumNostrumx

Activity: 1064
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 25, 2019, 07:39:59 AM

I am seriously considering buying a safe for my hardware wallet, mostly as a decent protection from the fire if anything goes haywire, but I am aware that the proper bank safe would be the best option. So this is in a way an upgrade from only owning a hardware wallet and keeping it hidden somewhere.
tenakha

Activity: 1470
Merit: 509

View Profile
October 25, 2019, 01:17:52 PM

I say I am unemployed to protect myself so the best way to protect myself is that nobody knows what I do. Only one of my friends knows about it, but he is the person I can trust if I die. Based on my life experience I can say that the more people know something, the more problems you have in life. Even in systems like crypto, we need to follow this rule more stringently.
aioc

Activity: 2898
Merit: 567

View Profile
October 25, 2019, 01:44:00 PM

I also have a lot of friends who does this on social media, it's ok if they do not show their face only their income but showing your face holding your proof of income is not good, people will envy you and find you boastful and they might even target you, we don't know if their area has bad elements or bad people and they might target them.

pedpedped101

Activity: 552
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 25, 2019, 02:42:54 PM

The reference point here is security, which is very essential. The reason it is quite difficult to guarantee 100% security, is because it is online and we are online. So users need to be conscious of the fact that anything can happen and should always be at alert.
Genemind

Activity: 1596
Merit: 335

View Profile
October 25, 2019, 03:24:38 PM

This is definitely true. We are the ones who are responsible for our assets. We should know how to keep it safe and secure and we shouldn't put it at risk by exposing everything online and even with our friends. It's fine to share an idea about the coins that we're holding only with our trusted friends but we should keep our private keys and wallets safe at the same time. We have to be mindful and careful all the time and keep things in private.
Mianae

Activity: 798
Merit: 14

View Profile
October 25, 2019, 04:37:47 PM

We tend to forget self protection every effort of safety has been made solely on wallet not lives. We should keep ourselves and family inclusive anonymous in this sphere, people can hurt others down due to their possessions in cryptocurrency. Life safety is key to our efforts here.
Insomnia family

Activity: 868
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 25, 2019, 04:45:51 PM

Yes, I think most investors always protect themselves and protect their investment assets. the way that I use to protect the cryptoqurrency assets that I have by swapping portfolios, I mean to renew coins that do not have development or replace them with better coins.

Swap, Earn, Bridge, Mint Crypto & NFT in Multiple Chains
▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬ ▬     ❶ ❷ ❸ s w a p     ▬ ▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬
[   M V P   L I V E   ]   -   9 Blockchains Integrated Already
10BTCaDay

Activity: 770
Merit: 100

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
October 25, 2019, 05:43:18 PM

I also have a lot of friends who does this on social media, it's ok if they do not show their face only their income but showing your face holding your proof of income is not good, people will envy you and find you boastful and they might even target you, we don't know if their area has bad elements or bad people and they might target them.
I think you're wrong. Now a lot of people doing blogging and show their crypto income and they are doing well. Public people now make very good money in this market. Tone Vays. everyone knows that he is a fan of bitcoin and I'm sure he has a lot of bitcoin, but no one hunts him

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
yulionoo

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 26, 2019, 10:27:37 AM

yes you are right OP we don't need to post our portfolio or assets on social media. because if we post our assets on social media will trigger people who have envy towards us to commit crimes on us. and to protect our wallets from hackers we should have several digital wallets or store them in a hardware wallet I think it will be safer.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
ecnalubma

Activity: 1526
Merit: 420

View Profile
October 26, 2019, 11:25:27 AM

Honestly I really don't tell other people about my detailed portfolio and how much I earn in crypto, makes me uncomfortable to start a topic about it unless for educational purpose. So far in 3 years I think I'm doing well, I learned to be very careful in everthing I do specially that I'm doing my financial routine daily. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: