closed
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1341

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2019, 07:52:27 PM

IMO, I'm not sure that Bitcointalk is the best place to look for for sellers of such thing or for people who can persuade someone to buy it. I don't know what would be best place to post such offer, but I think you hardly will find potential buyers here. Anyway, good luck!

wwzsocki
Legendary

Activity: 2800
Merit: 1710

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2019, 10:46:00 PM

"I will pay $500 if you find a buyer" but I don't see the price you are asking for this Oxford English Dictionary in a machine-readable format.

If we take into consideration that original of The Oxford English Dictionary: second edition (20 Volumes Set) in hardcover, cost 1500GBP - 1900USD

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Oxford-English-Dictionary-second-Volumes/dp/0198611862

Then how much you ask, if this is only a readable XML file of that?

It has to be a minimum 501$, taking into consideration the 500$ bounty offered and this is already too much and there will be no buyers.

Especially, with so many free alternatives to use: 3 dictionaries to download in PDF

amhoba

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 27, 2019, 03:56:40 AM

Actually there will be buyers if you make it in a way that makes it convenient to use for others and offer more features than the ones that are out there (even free ones).

But there are people who pay for this kind of stuff. Sure they are out there, A close person to me was selling CSGO knives for 1000$, A dictionary is surely worth more than a just a piece of knife code!

wwzsocki
Legendary

Activity: 2800
Merit: 1710

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2019, 10:51:36 AM

Snip

Despite I have asked about the price you never told it, why? How can I find you a buyer if I don't know the price?

Every normal human being will ask for the price and I  fully understand this. You can say even an estimate or add that there is a possibility of an agreement when it goes to the price, but this is just impossible (in my opinion) to look for a buyer without knowing the price at all.

So one last time, how much you want to get?

It is the source code of that. For example, you can buy Windows, but you cannot buy its source code. And there are people who will pay a lot of money to get it.

OK now I can see some value, but who can need this and for what? The only people I can think of are publishers am I right?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: