Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:51:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Titan BTC coin redeem scam  (Read 186 times)
Bitcoin_Evolution (OP)

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2019, 07:35:31 AM

What happened::

Several years ago I bought one of Titan BTC 0.1 coins, 2fa kind. I bought it directly from company, not from re-seller. Received it in yellow paper envelope with documents and little bag for the coin. I put it in my closet and forget for several years. And about year ago I decided to redeem my coins from Titan custody. So I vent to the website, opened VERIFY VALUE page and entered coin ID. Site said something like "everything ok, you have 0.1 btc, to redeem your coins follow the instructions". So I followed the instructions and REDEEM PAGE told me "congratulations, redeem is successful". So I checked my address - there was nothing there. I waited couple hours, then couple days, and then I visited site again. VERIFY VALUE showed me the same message I saw previously - "everything ok, you have 0.1 btc, to redeem your coins follow the instructions". So I repeated everything again and there was the same message in the end - "congratulations, redeem is successful".
I tried several times but every time result was the same. Redeem page says redeem is successful but when I check verify value page it says coins are still in custody.

So I tried to contact administration. Sent a letter via their contact form - no answer. Sent letter to guardians@titanbitcoin.com - no answer. Sent private message to user TitanBTC - no answer. Tried to find any help here or on Reddit - nothing useful. Eventually I was distracted and forgot about this coins.

Recently I remembered about it and decided to try again. So I visited VERIFY VALUE page, entered my coin ID and now it showing information that coins were redeemed. I couldn't believe it first, I thought somebody stole my coins creds, but under the coin value I see my btc address, my real btc address I entered myself a year ago. First I though maybe I missed the tx and coins are in my wallet? Of course I checked it and there was nothing there. Well, there was txs, but there were only 11 of them and none of them was for 0.1 btc.

I wrote a message via contact form, to email guardians@titanbitcoin.com, to user TitanBTC here, but received no answer.

If anybody had experience dealing with this guys your help would be very appreciated.

Scammers Profile Link:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=112605

Amount Scammed: 0.1 BTC
Payment Method: Bitcoins
Proof of Payment:

I don't have proof of payment coz it was in 2014, but i have actual coin with documents in original package, i have email communication with titan mint confirming my purchase, i have letter from titan btc with redeem link, and i have screenshot from titan btc site saying coins are redeemed to my address but no such record on blockchain.

So beware of buying this coins and if you know how to get it from this company please share your advice.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin_Evolution (OP)

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2019, 07:43:27 AM

About a month ago I tried to contact TitanBTC once more and suddenly they answered.

Reply come from guardians@titanbtc.com email and they asked for my coin ID.

https://prnt.sc/pnwbfm

I sent my coin ID and other additional information. During this month I was trying to contact them again and get any updates, but there was no answer since.

All this situation makes me think even more that this company stole my coins and now trying to avoid consequences.

Is there a legal way to pressure them to give my coins back?
TitanBTC

Activity: 366
Merit: 258

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2019, 05:43:47 PM

Hi,

I'm sorry for your frustrating experience.  I did have our customer service team reach out when you contacted us here.  They requested your coin ID but we didn't see your email responses with the ID so that we could take action.

We have repeatedly had spam email attacks against our mail servers so you may have been the victim of a false spam flag.  We'll go back and search to see if you got caught in the spam filters for some reason.  

In the meantime, Please email me directly at tim@titanbtc.com with your coin ID so I can follow up.

TitanBTC

Activity: 366
Merit: 258

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2019, 06:22:51 PM

Just following up, we were able to recover some emails that went to spam.  I've got your coin ID from those emails and I've looked up the record on your coin.

We show you requested redemption twice, with two different addresses.  It was redeemed to the first address you requested in September of 2018, but the website is showing the most of the addresses you requested redemption to (that address is from a bit of automation that isn't based on the redemption transaction).  I'm omitting the details from this public post but I've emailed you the transaction ID so you can verify.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: