Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 12:29:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BitCoinRush.io Hacked?  (Read 178 times)
Narcissistic (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 23
Merit: 5

View Profile
October 25, 2019, 08:53:25 AM
Last edit: October 25, 2019, 10:49:14 AM by Narcissistic
Merited by LoyceV (2), DarkStar_ (1)

Hey guys,

So aswell as being the Director of Marketing for a cryptocurrency exchange, I double as a pen-tester/infosec researcher, and recently came across a database being sold on the deepweb purporting to be from BitCoinRush.io.

I obtained a copy and checked some of the logins against their website and to my surprise they worked. Albeit most of them were banned for suspicious activity, probably due to people logging in and attempting to rob the balances from IP's originating in different countries than where the user signed up from.

I contacted the admins via email ( https://imgur.com/a/S9nTh3h ) to no avail. And apparently from what I can tell, they most likely know but haven't informed their users, which is a real piece of crap move considering how many people these days re-use passwords across many websites and is the number 1 attack happening against people these days.

If you use this service please change your passwords immediately.

https://imgur.com/a/sAgn6Vh

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Haunebu

Activity: 3052
Merit: 969

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
October 25, 2019, 09:41:00 AM

I don't think this is the right place for your thread op. I suggest shifting it to gambling discussion board asap. Also, you contact them through their main thread(Link below) on Bitcointalk to notify them regarding this situation.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=228243.0

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
SyGambler
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1804

guess who's back

View Profile
October 25, 2019, 10:33:24 AM

I'm not sure if this is really the case or not but I wouldn't be surprised , not sure why Tim didn't say a word here or on telegram regarding that
somebody on the telegram group just sent a message now regarding your thread so I guess we will be getting answers soon , if you want you can join Monsterbyte telegram group and find the admin there
https://t.me/MonsterByteTelegram
Narcissistic (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
October 25, 2019, 10:35:58 AM
Last edit: October 25, 2019, 10:52:03 AM by Narcissistic

I'm not sure if this is really the case or not but I wouldn't be surprised , not sure why Tim didn't say a word here or on telegram regarding that
somebody on the telegram group just sent a message now regarding your thread so I guess we will be getting answers soon , if you want you can join Monsterbyte telegram group and find the admin there
https://t.me/MonsterByteTelegram

Thanks will do that shortly.

**Edit - just spoke to Tim, he said someone would be in touch with me shortly.
Narcissistic (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
October 27, 2019, 05:30:06 AM
Merited by TimeTeller (1)

Can't say I am surprised with how they handled the news, essentially (I can only assume) Tim's response is implying I am hiding behind a fake account or something, (yet I gave him my work email to contact me on) and tried to downplay the seriousness of the fact their database and over 12,000 (of a purported 20,000) members details are leaked online. Tim also stated on Telegram to me that they used to use md5 hashing, and later changed to bcrypt after they "realised" a breach had happened in the past (yet they never informed their users of any such breach), yet 97% of the hashes in the leaked database are hashed with bcrypt, with the remaining 4% being md5. Many red flags here.

Users should always be informed of any breach. I'm going to submit this to haveibeenpwned.
TimeTeller

Activity: 2716
Merit: 588

View Profile
October 27, 2019, 11:56:42 PM

Can't say I am surprised with how they handled the news, essentially (I can only assume) Tim's response is implying I am hiding behind a fake account or something, (yet I gave him my work email to contact me on) and tried to downplay the seriousness of the fact their database and over 12,000 (of a purported 20,000) members details are leaked online. Tim also stated on Telegram to me that they used to use md5 hashing, and later changed to bcrypt after they "realised" a breach had happened in the past (yet they never informed their users of any such breach), yet 97% of the hashes in the leaked database are hashed with bcrypt, with the remaining 4% being md5. Many red flags here.

Users should always be informed of any breach. I'm going to submit this to haveibeenpwned.

Yes, that is the right thing to do here.
I think most websites will not divulge to its users if they have been breached for the fear that the players will leave them.
However, if they are really concern with their clients, they should have informed them of that situation to avoid possible great loss from their clients side.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: