Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:47:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcointalk.org 10th Anniversary 💓 🦊 🔞 Burlesque Pageant and Revue! [NSFW]  (Read 770 times)
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2019, 08:32:29 PM

Maybe I sounded little salty by using this: so more people see your entry. I know among all reasons, Foxpup certainly didn't create this thread so that his/her art gets more engagement.
But my point was if someone else tried to do something similar, does the community reacted in same way? Is there a common consensus (completely involuntary) grew over time that entitles certain high ranked members to create such threads while others may be regarded as spammers if they try something similar? Just a thought, nothing serious though.

It usually takes far more than one post or one thread in order for someone to be labelled a spammer. Granted someone with a 7-year non-spammy posting history may have a bit more benefit of the doubt in interpreting their intent but I don't think that's unfair, particularly considering that this contest doesn't really give an advantage to "promoted" art:

Prizes:
 - I will distribute at total of at least 1 BTC to the art submissions which I personally like the best, completely subjectively. I might give out more if there are a lot of good submissions.
 - I will give out a ton of merit, probably at least 500 in total, based mainly on effort.
 - Between 1 and 20 (depending on number of submissions) people will receive art contest recognition badges: , based mainly on community consensus of who had the best art. In judging consensus, I will be substantially but not entirely influenced by the total amount of merit your art received.

Only the badge part may be affected by the promotion and even that might backfire if the promoted piece is garbage.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Foxpup (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 4354
Merit: 3044

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
October 27, 2019, 08:48:04 PM

Maybe I sounded little salty by using this: so more people see your entry. I know among all reasons, Foxpup certainly didn't create this thread so that his/her art gets more engagement.
But my point was if someone else tried to do something similar, does the community reacted in same way? Is there a common consensus (completely involuntary) grew over time that entitles certain high ranked members to create such threads while others may be regarded as spammers if they try something similar? Just a thought, nothing serious though.
Rank doesn't factor into whether a user is regarded as a spammer; it's just that spammers so rarely achieve high ranks in the first place. Anyone of any rank who has something worthwhile to say may create a thread about it without fear of being labelled a spammer, the key word being "worthwhile". While the worthwhileness requirement does disqualify most of the entrants in this contest who seem to have put exactly as little effort into their "art" as everything else they post on the forum, that's not my problem.

I also fail to see how it's your problem, either, so I don't really understand what you're complaining about, but if you insist on continuing this conversation I suggest you take suchmoon's advice and create your own thread about it - this one is supposed to just be a fun celebration.

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
malevolent
can into space
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721

View Profile
October 27, 2019, 10:25:11 PM

How long did it take you to draw this?

I'm curious, but get a "403 Forbidden".

Also got this error on Firefox, refreshing the page or copying the link and opening in a new tab helps if someone has the same problem.

Signature space available for rent.
El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 12076

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
October 27, 2019, 10:53:30 PM

Good view, but...

the Sherminator sensors detect no female life forms in the vicinity.

But the again

^
Get the party going!?

XhomerX10 designed my nice avatar HATs!!!!!  Thanks Bro
Foxpup (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 27, 2019, 11:21:12 PM
Last edit: October 27, 2019, 11:50:42 PM by Foxpup
Merited by malevolent (1)

How long did it take you to draw this?
About a hour or so per day for nearly two weeks. Less than half of that time was actually drawing; most of my time was spent on clean-up and post-processing.

I'm curious, but get a "403 Forbidden".

Also got this error on Firefox, refreshing the page or copying the link and opening in a new tab helps if someone has the same problem.
Hmm. It seems I also get a 403, but only when using Wget over Tor. Wget without Tor works, as does every browser I've tried with or without Tor. I don't understand it; I've never had a problem with this host before (except years ago when they messed up their transition to HTTPS, but that's another story). In any case, the forum's image proxy seems to have no such problems, so as a workaround you can quote the OP, replace the image URL, and click Preview (but don't actually post it, of course). EDIT: I've got a better idea.

Good view, but...

the Sherminator sensors detect no female life forms in the vicinity.
Focus your sensors more closely on the NSFW version. When you see it... you'll probably be reaching for another bottle, actually. I can't let Lauda have a monopoly on gender confusion, can I? Tongue

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
El duderino_
Legendary

View Profile
October 27, 2019, 11:24:15 PM

Clear error forbidden 403 ..... on the NSFW.....

*Its Sunday night, a good time for not holding a bottle ....  and time for a well earned HODLsleep Smiley

Foxpup (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 27, 2019, 11:50:01 PM

Clear error forbidden 403 ..... on the NSFW.....
Until I figure out what the actual problem is, I've added a link to access the image via the forum's image proxy, since it seems to work in all cases as far as I can tell. (If it's stupid but it works, it isn't stupid.)

El duderino_
Legendary

View Profile
October 27, 2019, 11:55:50 PM
Last edit: October 28, 2019, 07:41:25 AM by micgoossens

LoL awesome pic, had a good laugh with it.... good I wasn’t sleeping yet, time to dream well Cheesy

Foxpup (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 28, 2019, 09:49:56 AM

Update on the mystery 403 error: Cloudflare bastardness confirmed. I'm not 100% sure what the image proxy is doing to get around this, but I assume Cloudflare just whitelists its IP address. I miss the old Internet, that didn't have a single company that could just randomly decide to break everything. Undecided

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: