Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 03:06:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: In 2019 over 40m cryptocurrency wallets have been created  (Read 644 times)
Baofeng
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1667

View Profile
October 28, 2019, 06:05:22 AM

It's pretty obvious that around 2017 alone, I'm sure a lot of newbies started to find bitcoin or crypto in general that's why the statistics shoots up up to mid-year 2019.

But does the data offer has significance? I don't think so, it's just another numbers in the growing fields of data analysis in this ecosystem, how many wallets owe at least 1 BTC, 10 BTC or 100 BTC?

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Eclipse26

Activity: 658
Merit: 268

bullsvsbears.io

View Profile
October 28, 2019, 06:36:30 AM

On topic reply about those increasing numbers,yeah its good to look at but doesnt mean those are real users considering that multiple wallets can be created by a single person.

Next one which this post is just simply a side advertisement of https://www.coin.space/ ? lol
Indeed we cannot tell the hundred percent accuracy of the statistic since a single person can create multiple account. But what I'm sure is that it really increases. Because among those addresses for 2019 statistics, for sure there are new people. Not only the second or third wallets of a certain person.

We cannot yet say it is a mass adoption but it's slowly going to that path.

MURONDI

Activity: 770
Merit: 257

View Profile
October 28, 2019, 06:39:36 AM

Crypto is increasingly known by many people so it is natural to have fast growth, but in my opinion the number does not represent the number of users, I am sure that everyone who likes crypto has more than one wallet.
Mandoy

Activity: 644
Merit: 264

Aurox

View Profile
October 28, 2019, 10:16:34 AM

On topic reply about those increasing numbers,yeah its good to look at but doesnt mean those are real users considering that multiple wallets can be created by a single person.

Next one which this post is just simply a side advertisement of https://www.coin.space/ ? lol

Though there are certain cryptocurrency holders who uses multiple wallets but it does not account the total number of wallets that has been increased. There are still new users who uses that wallet. Though we cannot account how much has the community have increased using the wallets but given the facts it is still a good news that there is an increase in the community. Though we cannot give the exact number but the rise in the number of wallets is already a big thing to the community.

Aurox.

Designed to make
you money
|Proprietary Indicators
& Signals
|||                  ▄██▄▄▄▄▄
                ▄████████▀█▄▀
            ▄▄██████████▀
           ██████████▀██
          ███████████▄▄ ▄▄
         ██████████████ ▀▀█▄
     ▄▄████████████▀▄█▀   ▀▀
▄▀▀ ███████████▀▀▀ ██▀
▀▄▄▀ ██████▀ ▄▄
      ████▀ ██▀
     ███▀  █▀
     ▄█▌  ▐█▌
     ▀██   ▀▀
██████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████   ████

Get Started. FREE!
██   ████   ██████   ████████   ██████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
AGroose

Activity: 48
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 28, 2019, 10:33:25 AM

Crypto is increasingly known by many people so it is natural to have fast growth, but in my opinion the number does not represent the number of users, I am sure that everyone who likes crypto has more than one wallet.
But at the same time, the number of people who have heard about cryptocurrencies is constantly growing. For example, in the USA, about 50% of the people known about cryptocurrencies according to information from Neironix
BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
October 28, 2019, 06:31:14 PM

The London-based wallet provider offers one of the most widely-used wallet clients which includes support for Bitcoin (BTC), Ether (ETH), Stellar (XLM), Paxos Standard Token (PAX), and Bitcoin Cash (BCH).

that doesn't even make sense!
bitcoin (and by extension altcoin) wallets are open source projects that are run by programmers not companies. if there is a company behind something then it is not a wallet, instead it is a highly risky centralized place which should not be trusted. and as a result they are NEVER "widely-used" at all.

There is a FOMO brewing...
Reosta_

Activity: 994
Merit: 20

View Profile
October 28, 2019, 08:59:23 PM

More than 40 million cryptocurrency wallets have been created, as of mid-2019, according to market data provider Statista. The report from Statista revealed that there were only around 8 million digital asset wallets in 2016.

The latest numbers from Statista’s report are quite staggering when you consider they’re based on the growth of a single crypto wallet provider, Blockchain.com.

The London-based wallet provider offers one of the most widely-used wallet clients which includes support for Bitcoin (BTC), Ether (ETH), Stellar (XLM), Paxos Standard Token (PAX), and Bitcoin Cash (BCH).

Full article

It is good news if there are not multiple accounts belong to the same person mostly. It shows that the number of people who start to use cryptos is increasing very fast. Also, it shows that the popularity of this market is rising quickly too.

DatKing

Activity: 1022
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 28, 2019, 09:49:27 PM

40 million is a huge number just for one year. It seems there are many people who give a chance to cryptocurrencies. Definitely it doesn't mean it is 40 million people considering the multiple accounts.

xvids

Activity: 1176
Merit: 301

View Profile
October 28, 2019, 09:54:41 PM

More than 40 million cryptocurrency wallets have been created, as of mid-2019, according to market data provider Statista. The report from Statista revealed that there were only around 8 million digital asset wallets in 2016.

The latest numbers from Statista’s report are quite staggering when you consider they’re based on the growth of a single crypto wallet provider, Blockchain.com.

Full article
Yes the number of wallet increase for the past few years because of the Bitcoin popularity the crypto manage to attract new people.
But those 40 Million wallets doesn't really mean that it is the number of owner since we could create multiple wallets.
Maybe next time they could also know how many people are using crypto in each country or the percentage of people who are active in crypto on each country.
But this kind of information seems so hard to gather accurately.

dimastegar

Activity: 798
Merit: 251

Small Trader

View Profile
October 28, 2019, 11:01:57 PM

We know that everyone can have more than one crypto wallet. The factors vary. I have more than ten wallets because I trade in many exchangers for arbitration. Besides the wallet on the exchanger, I also have a personal crypto wallet like blockchain. and MEW. So, I'm sure everyone has more than one wallet. Especially crypto users who trade daily.

██████████████████
            █████  █████  █████  █████
         ███████████████████████████████
       ████  ████████████████████████  ███
      ██████████████████████████████████████
     ██  ████████████████████████████████████
    ████████████████████████████     █████  ██
   █████████████████████████████ ▐█▌ ██████████
  ███  █████████████████▌     ██ ▐█▌ ██████████
  ██████████████████████▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████  ██
  ███████████████      █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████████
  ██  ███████████  ██  █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████████
  ███████████████  ██  █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████  ██
  █████████        ██  █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ██████████
   ██  █████████████████▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ██████████
    ██████████████        ██  ██ ▐█▌ ██████  █
     ███████████████████████████ ▐█▌ ████████
      ██  ███████████████        ▐█▌ ███  ██
       ███████████████████████████████████
         ████  ████████████████████  ███
            ██████  ████  ████  ██████
                ██████████████████

IDEX
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

Start Trading Instantly
  BOUNTY
  Telegram
deadsilent

Activity: 1148
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 28, 2019, 11:16:39 PM

That's the evidence of massive number of cryptocurrency user's all over the world. Though it's not the real number of users. Some of them are using multi account but for sure some  of them are new too. Still good number to me.

It's pretty obvious that around 2017 alone, I'm sure a lot of newbies started to find bitcoin or crypto in general that's why the statistics shoots up up to mid-year 2019.

But does the data offer has significance? I don't think so, it's just another numbers in the growing fields of data analysis in this ecosystem, how many wallets owe at least 1 BTC, 10 BTC or 100 BTC?

Yeah, that's for sure. Because cryptocurrency way back 2017 is too much hype. That's why a lot of pumping is happening. But it leaves a bad marks on cryptocurrency because that year also was the year of scamming ICOs which made a impression to public.
Digitalbitcoin

Activity: 1554
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2019, 11:17:36 PM

It clearly indicates that major audience is moving towards crypto. Now if we focus on reasons behind it, then we can conclude that Bitcoin initially launched by the 2008 ending and get on board by Jan 2009. Since launching Bitcoin was always in discussion with its specifications, and its price. It takes 10 years to know people about Bitcoin and other altcoins(cryptocurrencies).

Now as in OP mentioned this year by 2019 over 40m crypto wallets created, these are clear indications of global acceptance and existence.

Surely it will still take time to dream comes true, but it will be futuristic currency and World have accepted it.
chaoscoinz

Activity: 1151
Merit: 260

☆Gaget-Pack☆

View Profile
October 28, 2019, 11:31:06 PM

Nice, that means millions are aware of Cryptocurrency and possibly of its hidden potential. Those wallet numbers will only grow and to think that it's really been 10 long years since the birth of Bitcoin.
  I think crypto has come a long way, too bad proper regulation could take a little while longer, but at least Congress is fully aware, especially since Zuckerberg presented his Libra platform to them, he caused quite a stir, even ruffling of a few feathers.

maxreish

Activity: 1330
Merit: 326

View Profile
October 29, 2019, 01:04:28 AM

Those 40 million crypto wallets, how many wallets do we really use and trust? Three? Four? Five? This just means creating millions of wallets doesn't mean they all been used. Majority of them weren't successful and closed down.

I read the article, i think it's some kind of shilling about a particular wallet.  42 million users of a certain wallet gives an optimistic view. But to tell you the truth, the mentioned statistics in the article seems lacking a further information.
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1213

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
October 29, 2019, 02:31:29 AM

8 million wallets now 40 million wallet is a big increase. From 2016 to the mid of 2019 the signing up of wallets have increased five times. This is a big growth for blockchain.com wallet. Though they've added support for bitcoin cash, ethereum, pax and xrp these 40 million wallets weren't created by individuals. In terms of count this is fair, but when we calculate about the users it'll get round off at 20 million users. Even 20 million users is big for crypto market. This is a positive information portraying the growth of cryptocurrency network.

█████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Kyraishi

Activity: 952
Merit: 513

View Profile
October 29, 2019, 02:35:45 AM

It clearly indicates that major audience is moving towards crypto. Now if we focus on reasons behind it, then we can conclude that Bitcoin initially launched by the 2008 ending and get on board by Jan 2009. Since launching Bitcoin was always in discussion with its specifications, and its price. It takes 10 years to know people about Bitcoin and other altcoins(cryptocurrencies).

Now as in OP mentioned this year by 2019 over 40m crypto wallets created, these are clear indications of global acceptance and existence.

Surely it will still take time to dream comes true, but it will be futuristic currency and World have accepted it.
Depends what angle your going at hear, it definelty wasn't 10 years for a lot of the community to hear about bitcoin and other crypto-currencies, I know a lot of people in fact that have actually known about it for years.

I think, after those 10 years people are able to have a fair and unbiased opinion of bitcoin (with some exceptions obviously), and we've already seen how the media used to portray crypto-currencies and this has been a welcome change.

diahsw

Activity: 756
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 29, 2019, 03:09:56 AM

that's a fantastic number, I think it's normal if that happens, considering that digital currency is currently very popular and even sought as material for a living, even in my opinion it could increase again to double it .. !!

S T R A Y   ███  ANIMAL TOKEN - CHARITY AND INVESTMENTS
───── ─    BUY NOW       ─ ─────
WEBSITE     TWITTER     TELEGRAM     REDDIT     WHITEPAPER
Astvile

Activity: 1484
Merit: 276

View Profile
October 29, 2019, 06:09:04 AM

I'm glad I've read in that article that the number of wallets will not represent the total and exact amount of users online because there are some misleading articles/post I've seen before about wallets thing and the whole cryptocurrency user population.
Those statistics are astounding indeed. 5X more wallets in 3 years and let's be serious...most of the crypto users are not using web based wallets like the one blockchain.info provides. Most of the wallets are software wallets like Electrum, Armory, Bitpay, etc. Of course that web wallets are more convenient and maybe people who are not concerned about their security and feel safe to trust a third party with their funds would use them, but still.. I strongly believe that the vast majority of crypto wallets are not web-hosted.
True, most of them are using web-based or phone-based wallets because some of them really can't afford to invest on hardware wallets and instead of putting money to buy hardware wallets they just use those funds for investments.

[ monero.cx ]        CREATE A NEW EXCHANGE
  Contact Us            PGP Key            Mirror URLs  |
████████████EXCHANGE ████████████
meanwords

Activity: 1624
Merit: 163

View Profile
October 29, 2019, 06:54:30 AM

This is not news though. Everyone can create multiple wallets and they they can just leave it forever. Take a look at exchange and third paty wallets, you can see that they have have multiple wallets that isn't even needed. 40m wallets doesn't mean 40m are using Bitcoin right now so I don't find this statistic exciting.

I have created 10 wallets but I don't use them all now.
hotmom

Activity: 69
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 29, 2019, 09:55:09 AM

Next year, that figure will double, I'm sure.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: