Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:10:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Vault of Satoshi asks What Coins Do You Want to See?  (Read 31508 times)
wationg

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 12:04:37 PM

What is the altcoin options?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
foodies123

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 02:26:12 PM

Disclaimer : this coin has no funny pictures, no pumpy promises, no "look we copied another coin and renamed it and premined it *for bounties and stuff*, no bribed exchanges or "news articles", no animals, no celebrities, no countries, no ipo scams, no fun gimmick, no confetty launches, not even a hyping backstory. no, this coin has only innovation and equality for miners to back it up.

I first thought it would be pointless to make this post because it would get lost within several hundred of other coins being spammed in this thread by miners who think coins that just copy paste the litecoin (insert any other algo pioneer coin here) and modify the name and reward system are THE NEXT BIG THING. NO THEY WON'T ! and just because you mined it for a few days when the diff was low and now you have a wallet full of crap doesn't make it a good coin. Everyone is crying about the shit/crap/scam coins flood but, when a coin with a concept that benefits ALL miners and gives everyone a chance to mine against asics (take notice that the monster scrypt asics are already being sold making gpus obsolete for scrypt) with gpus, and against gpus with cpus emerges, everyone nods their head in approval but do nothing to support it.

This is the concept that satoshi nakamoto wanted to create when he created bitcoin but failed to take into account that large asic farms could gain monopoly over bitcoin.

Now I'm not saying myriad will be the next bitcoin... far from that, all I'm saying is that it's one step twards a better future for the crypto world. It may not be perfect but it's very close to perfection and the fact that algos can be swapped for newer and better ones at the community's request makes it a diamond in the rough waiting for the community to polish it.

History has taught us that you cannot stop progress by refusing it and that's where coins with Nscrypt are trying to do to asics, by denying miners with asics the posibility to mine them. On the other hand myriad accepts asics with open arms but limits their coin intake to only 40% (20% for sha asics and 20% for scrypt when scrypt asics will render gpu mining of scrypt useless) of the coins being created leaving 60% for miners with no means of aquiring these monstruos machines. It even gives miners with older model gpus a chance against newer ones with algos like groestl where older models outperform newer gpu models.

This coin is miners' heaven and 90+% of miners ignore it because it doesn't promise get-rich quick schemes, the comunity refuses to bribe exchanges to pump the coin other ridiculos reasons that most agree are what make a cryptocurrency bad.

In conclusion: point me to a coin that trully provides the mining comunity, the backbone of cryptocurrencies, with a more inovative and fair concept and I will donate all of my mined myriad and retire from the crypto world or accept myriad for what it is (a big step twards the future) and lend it a shoulder to climb on out of this sea of scams and copycat coins and be seen by people who trully think cryptocurrency is the way of the future so that it may help pave the way to what we all believe to be a better future.

tl;dr : myriad coin is the only fair and inovative concept coin launched in a very long time and yet is largely unnoticed by the masses because no confetti was thrown at launch : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=483515

nope
luck5

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 04:17:52 PM

Disclaimer : this coin has no funny pictures, no pumpy promises, no "look we copied another coin and renamed it and premined it *for bounties and stuff*, no bribed exchanges or "news articles", no animals, no celebrities, no countries, no ipo scams, no fun gimmick, no confetty launches, not even a hyping backstory. no, this coin has only innovation and equality for miners to back it up.

I first thought it would be pointless to make this post because it would get lost within several hundred of other coins being spammed in this thread by miners who think coins that just copy paste the litecoin (insert any other algo pioneer coin here) and modify the name and reward system are THE NEXT BIG THING. NO THEY WON'T ! and just because you mined it for a few days when the diff was low and now you have a wallet full of crap doesn't make it a good coin. Everyone is crying about the shit/crap/scam coins flood but, when a coin with a concept that benefits ALL miners and gives everyone a chance to mine against asics (take notice that the monster scrypt asics are already being sold making gpus obsolete for scrypt) with gpus, and against gpus with cpus emerges, everyone nods their head in approval but do nothing to support it.

This is the concept that satoshi nakamoto wanted to create when he created bitcoin but failed to take into account that large asic farms could gain monopoly over bitcoin.

Now I'm not saying myriad will be the next bitcoin... far from that, all I'm saying is that it's one step twards a better future for the crypto world. It may not be perfect but it's very close to perfection and the fact that algos can be swapped for newer and better ones at the community's request makes it a diamond in the rough waiting for the community to polish it.

History has taught us that you cannot stop progress by refusing it and that's where coins with Nscrypt are trying to do to asics, by denying miners with asics the posibility to mine them. On the other hand myriad accepts asics with open arms but limits their coin intake to only 40% (20% for sha asics and 20% for scrypt when scrypt asics will render gpu mining of scrypt useless) of the coins being created leaving 60% for miners with no means of aquiring these monstruos machines. It even gives miners with older model gpus a chance against newer ones with algos like groestl where older models outperform newer gpu models.

This coin is miners' heaven and 90+% of miners ignore it because it doesn't promise get-rich quick schemes, the comunity refuses to bribe exchanges to pump the coin other ridiculos reasons that most agree are what make a cryptocurrency bad.

In conclusion: point me to a coin that trully provides the mining comunity, the backbone of cryptocurrencies, with a more inovative and fair concept and I will donate all of my mined myriad and retire from the crypto world or accept myriad for what it is (a big step twards the future) and lend it a shoulder to climb on out of this sea of scams and copycat coins and be seen by people who trully think cryptocurrency is the way of the future so that it may help pave the way to what we all believe to be a better future.

tl;dr : myriad coin is the only fair and inovative concept coin launched in a very long time and yet is largely unnoticed by the masses because no confetti was thrown at launch : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=483515

+1
snubeg

Activity: 6

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 07:35:39 PM

Next Coin ...
Best coin ever
sdmathis

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

AKA The Rubber Monkey

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 07:45:39 PM

+1

foodies123

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 07:31:09 AM

sorry for basically putting your thread in check mate adam Smiley

nope
AdamSC1 (OP)

Activity: 34

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 02:23:06 PM

Thanks for all the feedback folks!

This thread will be closing at 5PM today and from there the VoS team will move it to internal discussion!

Cheers,
Adam
james6546

Activity: 691

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 03:26:03 PM

One more reply from me before closing, I know I have already commented on my preference for NobleCoin, but I would like to build on it.

I am just a supporter of the coin and am in no way associated with it, but since this coin was released I have stopped following new releases of coins.

The reason for this is that I feel that there isn't a coin that could be better than Noble in terms of transparency, dedication from the team, and a general great community.

If there was a coin to back for the future Noble would be it. As far as I see, it can't fail.

Thanks,

James

lacrossewacker

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 03:37:42 PM

Noblecoin by far....

Just look at its developer and its community.  The developer has poured his tears into his efforts and is very active in his vision. 

Mainly though, look at the state of the cryptomarket.  It's full of idiotic coins that are meant for fun and games..but they actually HURT the market.  Sexcoin?  Spaincoin?  What the heck??

This isn't your average pump and dump.

It has a tried and true marketplace where they give you an extra 10% in value (amazon cards, newegg cards, etc.)

The community is strong as well.  Not "hype" strong, but strong willed because they believe in the developer and his mission.  (most coins lack a MISSION)

This coin has continued to fall under the radar by more self-centered coins.  Look at where those coins are, in the dumpster, because they were trash to begin with.
TN5

Activity: 119

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 03:53:17 PM

My vote goes for Noblecoin.

It have a best developer who has clear visions for the future. There's Marketplace which in this point is mainly offering discount gift card, it's not huge thing but you have to start from somewhere and I can only imagine what it will be in the near future. Now some precious metals are being able to be bought with Noble. There have been lots of talk about getting fiat-noble running which will clear things up even more. Noble developer gives constantly updates and what he's planning to do. I haven't read a single negative post from this coin in the [ANN] thread.

I'd like to thank everybody involved with Noblecoin, mainly my thanks goes to Rofo and the ambassadors and of course the great community. This has been an amazing journey this far and I wish us the best in the future as well. I hope people will see the true potential of this coin because this is real and this is going to stay here no matter what. We are solid, we are humble, we are Noble Smiley

Noblecoin
murkster

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

CLOAKCOIN. NOBLECOIN. VERICOIN.

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2014, 04:13:40 PM
Last edit: March 21, 2014, 05:00:31 PM by murkster

Please consider Noble. It ticks all the boxes for longevity and trust. Value will follow with no doubt. As the ethos with bitcoin decentralised uncontrolled by banks upheld by a community that belives in its coins name and what it stands for.

Pretty please Smiley

~NOBLE: 9nob1eN1GAte3sbZsfPDkw74JDxT2hbXRo ~
CryptAxe

Activity: 100

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2014, 05:19:19 PM

I've been in the crypto mining game for quiet a while now. I would be lying if I told you that I didn't take advantage of the thousands of pump and dump short lifetime coins but what I found a month or so ago is something completely different that was entirely missing from crypto. Some things that we need in order for crypto to survive in the mainstream are trust, fast transactions, and a good marketplace. The only coin that suits these needs is called Noble coin and you might be crazy if you're not getting into it right now before people start to realize just how great it is and prices soar. I've personally bought hundreds of dollars of amazon gift cards on the Noble marketplace (with a very nice discount) and had some communication with the Dev Rofo who you can tell is a stand up guy as every post before me mentions just how great he is. So it's up to you really, do you want thousands more junk coins or do you want to start focusing on something good, with real long term potential with the goal of making the world and crypto better?

foodies123

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 05:30:21 PM

yes op pick noble ... because it's nice ... and the dev is a nice dude ... that's what crypto needs, niceness because it's already at it's peak techwise so who needs advance, we can just get a really nice guy to clone bitcoin or litecoin and there we have it ... the future.

//irony (I really really apologize I don't usually bash coins or troll but really ? .... really ? is that all noble brings to the table ?, again sorry I don't want to offend anyone)

nope
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 05:45:49 PM

yes op pick noble ... because it's nice ... and the dev is a nice dude ... that's what crypto needs, niceness because it's already at it's peak techwise so who needs advance, we can just get a really nice guy to clone bitcoin or litecoin and there we have it ... the future.

//irony (I really really apologize I don't usually bash coins or troll but really ? .... really ? is that all noble brings to the table ?, again sorry I don't want to offend anyone)

please be more informed before trolling like this.. noblecoin offers much more than just a nice dev and much more than all those 'technological innovative' coins that only benefit the miners, not the end users of a currency. sure it is nice to have cutting edge technology, but if the dev then offers nothing afterwards it is still your avarage pump n dump.

noblecoin might be just a litecoin clone, but it is being developed beyond most other alts. it has merchants on board, charities on board and a working marketplace . it is helping cryptocurrencies become mainstream, sponsoring e-sports.

how many coins can you name that offer this?
foodies123

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 06:01:41 PM

please be more informed before trolling like this.. noblecoin offers much more than just a nice dev and much more than all those 'technological innovative' coins that only benefit the miners, not the end users of a currency. sure it is nice to have cutting edge technology, but if the dev then offers nothing afterwards it is still your avarage pump n dump.

noblecoin might be just a litecoin clone, but it is being developed beyond most other alts. it has merchants on board, charities on board and a working marketplace . it is helping cryptocurrencies become mainstream, sponsoring e-sports.

well you didn't really debate me, you just said what I said but made it sound good and about naming other coins ? well most of the scrypt clones started doing just that (usde kdc mint etcetcetc) after dogecoin did it so that's not even original. alas you are right about one thing I am not very well informed because if I were I would have probably bashed all your pro arguments into the ground and will remain uninformed because looking into a clone coin is not my thing. saying a clone coin is better than any other clone coin is like saying a chinese a+ replica is better than an original iphone/samsung/htc etc... phone because more people bought it. it's just a clone and if a flaw is found in the original all these clones will crumble to dust.

nope
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4863

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 06:40:38 PM

Currently I use Coinbase for Fiat exchange but If I didn't have to convert to BTC first I'd switch here.

IOW NobleCoin.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
james6546

Activity: 691

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 08:55:32 PM

well you didn't really debate me, you just said what I said but made it sound good and about naming other coins ? well most of the scrypt clones started doing just that (usde kdc mint etcetcetc) after dogecoin did it so that's not even original. alas you are right about one thing I am not very well informed because if I were I would have probably bashed all your pro arguments into the ground and will remain uninformed because looking into a clone coin is not my thing. saying a clone coin is better than any other clone coin is like saying a chinese a+ replica is better than an original iphone/samsung/htc etc... phone because more people bought it. it's just a clone and if a flaw is found in the original all these clones will crumble to dust.

That's a bit of a harsh post on somewhere where people are supposed to be making arguments for new coins, not trashing other peoples.

as far as new tech goes, all of us have had discussions regarding new tech in coins and if anything comes up that would in any way benefit Noble then it would be implemented. There currently isn't a thing that would set a coin above noble, and as innovative coins such as grain show that you need both innovation and a good community and marketing.
teskky721

Activity: 34

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 09:09:40 PM

I would like to see coin2 added because of the community support it has.
miKnutty

Activity: 336

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 09:46:48 PM

NobleCoin brings much more to the table than just having an approachable lead developer who literally works night and day to find innovative new ways to market and sustain NobleCoin as a legitimate cryptocurrency. Wait... that in itself already puts NobleCoin way ahead of hundreds of these scamcoins and we haven't even had a chance to dive into the framework that Rofo and the rest of NobleCoin's intelligent community have created. An independant marketplace, allowing users to purchase pretty much anything through Amazon/Steam/Newegg Gift Cards. Silver and Gold Bullion... people are able to purchase Precious Metals (REAL CURRENCY) with Noblecoin. These things create real world value for this alternative currency and we haven't even discussed what makes this coin Noble. Donations of up to $5000 to The Water Project providing clean drinking water to people less fortunate than yourself. Sponsoring an eSports organization and having over 35 merchants around the world who accept NobleCoin as a form of payment.

This coin may be a clone of litecoin but it has addressed all of the weaknesses and issues plauguing the altcoin community and as of this moment the developers are still working tirelessly to try and find ways to improve NobleCoins position for long-term investment. If you have to sit here and trash talk the only coin doing things right just to improve your own position in this thread then you are not as uninformed as you say. You understand the value of NobleCoin and are afraid of its potential for long term success. Bad troll foodies, 1/10.
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4863

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 09:50:51 PM

Your name Foolies or what? Because you certainly made a fool of yourself with this post.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: