Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 03:14:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Current cryptocurrency ranking in China  (Read 278 times)
migws (OP)

Activity: 65
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 29, 2019, 10:14:57 AM

EOS is again the leader in China. This time Bitcoin was in 11th place.
I have several questions:
1) Why does EOS have such respect among Chinese crypto users?
2) Recently, the Chinese media resource cctv.com released a reportage about Blockchain and how Bitcoin is based on technology and how it works. Could this affect the change of leader among cryptocurrencies in China, I mean, will Bitcoin be more used in the country?

https://cointelegraph.com/news/eos-holds-top-spot-bitcoin-11th-in-chinas-latest-crypto-rankings
big_daddy

Activity: 1666
Merit: 583

xUSD - The PRIVATE stable coin - Haven Protocol

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2019, 10:18:50 AM

the next interesting asset is on the 2nd place, TRX (Tron)
well, I like those numbers cause I have faith in those projects too, but on the question why they are on the top of the China leaderboard I have no logic answer

If you don't believe it or don't get it, I don't have the time to try to convince you, sorry.
Mandoy

Activity: 644
Merit: 264

Aurox

View Profile
October 29, 2019, 10:42:01 AM

This is a very exciting thing to look at. This topic really piques the interest of many and I also have read that list. China have really made its moves and is really making itself known in the world as one of the countries that have blockchain advantage.But something is bugging me, why is it that EOS is number on where in fact it is relying on Ethereum platform. I also dont know why bitcoin has been left behind in that list.

Aurox.

Designed to make
you money
|Proprietary Indicators
& Signals
|||                  ▄██▄▄▄▄▄
                ▄████████▀█▄▀
            ▄▄██████████▀
           ██████████▀██
          ███████████▄▄ ▄▄
         ██████████████ ▀▀█▄
     ▄▄████████████▀▄█▀   ▀▀
▄▀▀ ███████████▀▀▀ ██▀
▀▄▄▀ ██████▀ ▄▄
      ████▀ ██▀
     ███▀  █▀
     ▄█▌  ▐█▌
     ▀██   ▀▀
██████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████   ████

Get Started. FREE!
██   ████   ██████   ████████   ██████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
ChrisPop
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1033

Not your Keys, Not your Bitcoins

View Profile
October 29, 2019, 11:11:16 AM

well, I like those numbers cause I have faith in those projects too, but on the question why they are on the top of the China leaderboard I have no logic answer

The thing is that Bitcoin does not have smart contracts or sidechains built upon it. In my opinion that is the reason why it has been ranked lower than shitcoins like EOS, Tron, NEO, etc. As the name of the index implies the rankings assess the technology behind the public blockchain, not their popularity, already built use cases, ecosystem economy or positive evaluation potential. I wouldn't put much emphasis on these rankings, but it is good that we get this kind of analysis. It means the world is interested in these technologies and we might see their implementation sooner rather than later.
shark1006

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 29, 2019, 11:19:03 AM

The thing is that Bitcoin does not have smart contracts or sidechains built upon it. In my opinion that is the reason why it has been ranked lower than shitcoins like EOS, Tron, NEO, etc. As the name of the index implies the rankings assess the technology behind the public blockchain, not their popularity, already built use cases, ecosystem economy or positive evaluation potential. I wouldn't put much emphasis on these rankings, but it is good that we get this kind of analysis. It means the world is interested in these technologies and we might see their implementation sooner rather than later.

I think so. Most likely the reason for dominating these altcoins finds in the technology behind the public blockchain. I wonder which cryptocurrency is most popular as a means of payment in China? If Bitcoin is in 11th place, so unlikely this coin is
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1353

View Profile
October 29, 2019, 11:20:34 AM

There are only small avenues for profit on bitcoin whereas these coins provide a much wider variety of profit sources apart from the token/coin itself. Also, given that bitcoin market is already saturated with tons of traders making a move of their own, it will be harder for the Chinese folks to influence the price of bitcoin and collect profits on the fly.
Astvile

Activity: 1484
Merit: 276

View Profile
October 29, 2019, 11:21:00 AM

China didn't based the rankings by their popularity in the outside of china market but instead they use the ease of using such a coin and it's potential. Maybe EOS and tron are accepted there and more adopted and accepted by people there making then number 1 and 2 on china.

[ monero.cx ]        CREATE A NEW EXCHANGE
  Contact Us            PGP Key            Mirror URLs  |
████████████EXCHANGE ████████████
Haunebu

Activity: 3094
Merit: 972

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
October 29, 2019, 11:39:43 AM

Honestly, who cares? Everyone knows that BTC will always be the king and anyone saying otherwise are simply fooling themselves. There are many cryptocurrencies with far more advanced tech when compared to BTC, but the popularity factor is what matters the most in this case.

The Chinese government just like many other world governments fear Bitcoin and will probably never accept it though they admire the tech behind it which is the sole reason why they appreciate the advanced tech behind EOS etc.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
MURONDI

Activity: 770
Merit: 257

View Profile
October 29, 2019, 12:04:03 PM

I want to know why EOS is ranked top in China, I visited the eos site and tried to analyze the cause, maybe because eos has a good concept,
Visi Strategis EOS :
Scalability: More apps, more users
Developers: Better tooling, faster app development
Users: Greater security, less friction
Enterprise: Greater flexibility, better compliance
Although bitcoin is the main crypto, in my opinion, rarely people use it because the transaction costs are expensive and slow.
nienzer

Activity: 65

View Profile
October 29, 2019, 12:06:01 PM

2) Recently, the Chinese media resource cctv.com released a reportage about Blockchain and how Bitcoin is based on technology and how it works. Could this affect the change of leader among cryptocurrencies in China, I mean, will Bitcoin be more used in the country?

https://cointelegraph.com/news/eos-holds-top-spot-bitcoin-11th-in-chinas-latest-crypto-rankings

After the reportage by CCTV, the number of 'Bitcoin' requests in WeChat has doubled. I think this will add popularity to Bitcoin in China
teosanru

Activity: 2100
Merit: 618

View Profile
October 29, 2019, 12:11:51 PM

As far as I can think the only reason is that EOS has the most swift  blockchain and moreover it's also developed in China itself. Chinese are always known to promote things developed in house. Other Cryptocurrencies are innovated outside China. i think EOS and TRON will always be leader in chinese markets.
CryptoBry

Activity: 1008
Merit: 355

View Profile
October 29, 2019, 12:15:45 PM

This is really interesting. EOS is on top, Ethereum at number 3 and Bitcoin at just number 11. It should be noted however that this is just an opinion of a department of the Chinese government -- China Electronic Information Industry Development (CCID) to be exact -- and as to how they made the ranking that could be subject to some debates. In CMC, EOS is ranked number 7. There must be something with EOS that Chinese are falling in love with. The three criteria used in the rankings are: technology, application, and innovation.

There is a possibility for that. We know the media and all departments of the government will always toe their line whenever there is that directive from the top. In case, top honchos will decide that it is time to support Bitcoin am sure this ranking will be changed as fast as lightning. That is how China works. they speak the language of their top leader, come what may. In the meantime, a great congratulations to EOS for this unexpected recognition.

Youghoor

Activity: 1036
Merit: 275

View Profile
October 29, 2019, 12:19:40 PM

It is always a good thing that countries are gradually accepting the use of cryptocurrencies. Even if bitcoin is not the first crypto coin used by people in a country, I'm always happy when they accept the use of cryptocurrencies in general.  The use of cryptocurrencies in China will bring great improvement to the adoption of cryptocurrency in the world. The world need to adapt to the use of cryptocurrencies first before the dominancy of a particular crypto coin can be considered. For now, we adoption rather than the most used crypto coin in a particular country...
abdobe

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 29, 2019, 12:21:04 PM

Honestly, who cares? Everyone knows that BTC will always be the king and anyone saying otherwise are simply fooling themselves. There are many cryptocurrencies with far more advanced tech when compared to BTC, but the popularity factor is what matters the most in this case.

The Chinese government just like many other world governments fear Bitcoin and will probably never accept it though they admire the tech behind it which is the sole reason why they appreciate the advanced tech behind EOS etc.

Bitcoin cannot be controlled, which is why China only admires Bitcoin but does not accept it. However, I see China`s strong desire to create its own national cryptocurrency, however, I doubt that the Chinese will choose “secured” Chinese cryptocurrency instead of Bitcoin lol
Reatim

Activity: 2870
Merit: 362

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
October 29, 2019, 12:51:33 PM

China didn't based the rankings by their popularity in the outside of china market but instead they use the ease of using such a coin and it's potential. Maybe EOS and tron are accepted there and more adopted and accepted by people there making then number 1 and 2 on china.
But for me no enough reason to kick bitcoin to number 11 position,imagine those shitcoins are more adopted by the Chinese people things that this market of ours will never be accepted ,but anyway let’s respect its their country and why we need to be affected since their president release a important message about blockchain technology and so for the crypto community as well

I want to know why EOS is ranked top in China, I visited the eos site and tried to analyze the cause, maybe because eos has a good concept,
Visi Strategis EOS :
Scalability: More apps, more users
Developers: Better tooling, faster app development
Users: Greater security, less friction
Enterprise: Greater flexibility, better compliance
Although bitcoin is the main crypto, in my opinion, rarely people use it because the transaction costs are expensive and slow.
Since you have invested in EOS there’s no doubt all the good things about your coin will be mentioned 😂

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
Diirtmaan

Activity: 60

View Profile
October 29, 2019, 01:07:06 PM

I also believe in the future dominance of TRX. Justin Sun takes great care and develops the TRON ecosystem now
Willitivity

Activity: 1190
Merit: 256

View Profile
October 29, 2019, 01:28:11 PM

Regardless of which Cryptocurrency is topping the charts in China, the hood thing there is that there has been some good solid development from China as regards to cryptocurrencies and Blockchain technology in general. EOS is a good alt with a very nice project behind it.
Eclipse26

Activity: 658
Merit: 268

bullsvsbears.io

View Profile
October 29, 2019, 03:15:31 PM

China has been showing a great impact with the value of bitcoin but I don't think so... After the insight of the president to blockchain, he's only into blockchain but not literally bitcoin. What if the government will ban bitcoin or would create their own cryptocurrency. Then that will make most of the Chinese people to adopt that currency rather than bitcoin.

Mahanton

Activity: 2744
Merit: 633

View Profile
October 29, 2019, 03:25:01 PM

So they do still remain EOS on their top choice yet its been published the same thing on last year too: https://www.ccn.com/china-ranks-eos-as-the-1-blockchain-bitcoin-doesnt-make-top-ten/

Dont know on whats their criteria on choosing up on which project to support but well its their own choice.Its clear somehow that they dont like BTC.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Genemind

Activity: 1596
Merit: 335

View Profile
October 29, 2019, 05:24:57 PM

It simply means that they're not focusing on the ranking of coins. It's actually a good thing that they're also into altcoins. It will bring a positive impact on the prices of altcoins which could bring hopes for most holders. EOS is also a promising coin with huge potential. If China is accepting altcoins, I'm sure that massive altcoin adoption could happen in the future.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: