Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 03:31:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you want the feature to follow people? So,you get notified whenever they make a new thread.  (Voting closed: November 08, 2019, 07:12:10 PM)
Yes, why not. - 15 (71.4%)
No, why you want that - 1 (4.8%)
Maybe, I'll think about it later - 5 (23.8%)
Total Voters: 21

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Feature Request: Follow users on bitcointalk.org  (Read 434 times)
DdmrDdmr
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 10731

There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2019, 10:23:26 AM

<…>
That’s more or less how I was picturing it: a non-intrusive feature (i.e. no emails), on a configurable personal list in a tab, where a numeric symbol next to the profiles you follow would indicate new threads (or posts, whatever the configuration) from those profiles. A simple luminescent number on the toolbar could indicate new entries, and one could go into a tab to access those entries of the followed profiles.

Not something I would thrive for personally, but I’m not really personally too keen the on the social following thingy per se. Many are though, and it would probably be attractive for them.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SM23031997 (OP)

Activity: 1092
Merit: 582

View Profile
October 31, 2019, 07:27:33 PM

I guess that's more of a Facebook feature that if you have followed that user and click the option of "See first" on every post, and if you open your Facebook app you'll eventually see that user's posts. Since this is a forum and every time you open the site you'll get eventually on the main index and not on the post/s of the user/s you've followed, so to say the least, this should be on one of the headers on the index just like what we used on our Watchlist and be sorted out base on your preference may it by date, alphabetical, etc. maybe a link saying "Show unread topics of the users you've followed".

Yeah, why not but if this is going to be implemented better it will be on epochtalk forum.
I have quoted something like that in OP. I also think it will be a better approach but why not both.
You can select mail for some specific users while just follow the others to get an update when you login into your account.
SM23031997 (OP)

View Profile
November 17, 2019, 08:51:15 PM

So, poll results out. Not many people voted but it clearly shows where the majority goes.
I forget to bump it every morning. You can still vote if you want, I won't lock the poll till eternity.
ChiBitCTy
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 3002

View Profile
November 18, 2019, 08:18:44 AM

Would love this feature personally.  Examples how I’d use it-
*Favorite members who rarely post (Casascius , Smoothie & Kialara) if they release a coin by some miracle, I NEED to know!  Cheesy
* If Nullius comes back, I’d want to know. I’ve got a bit of a man crush on true Mr Robots and from everything I’ve read from others, this dude is like Elliot himself. That’s someone I want to keep up with.
*Scammers/ghosters -Normally scammers take off and are never to be seen again, but not all. If they do come back online, not that it can do much for a victim, but I’d absolutely want to know.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
SM23031997 (OP)

View Profile
November 22, 2019, 07:27:50 AM

Would love this feature personally.  Examples how I’d use it-
*Favorite members who rarely post (Casascius , Smoothie & Kialara) if they release a coin by some miracle, I NEED to know!  Cheesy
* If Nullius comes back, I’d want to know. I’ve got a bit of a man crush on true Mr Robots and from everything I’ve read from others, this dude is like Elliot himself. That’s someone I want to keep up with.
*Scammers/ghosters -Normally scammers take off and are never to be seen again, but not all. If they do come back online, not that it can do much for a victim, but I’d absolutely want to know.

The third one was lit. Nice use cases ChibitCTy. Added to OP
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 16540

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2019, 08:28:50 PM

Theymos please introduce the feature to follow people. There are some people I want to follow and get notified whenever they make a new thread.

Of course, you are one of them. You will be the first one I'll follow.
minerjones, Mitchell, LoyceV will be on my list as well.
I got you this: LoyceV's: Follow users on Bitcointalk.org (posts and/or topics).

Would love this feature personally.  Examples how I’d use it-
*Favorite members who rarely post (Casascius , Smoothie & Kialara) if they release a coin by some miracle, I NEED to know!  Cheesy
Feel free to test my latest feature with all those users Smiley

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀