Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:52:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 32 ETH for staking?!  (Read 866 times)
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
October 29, 2019, 09:52:12 PM

I came up with an article across the web, explaining Ethereum's staking requirements in the future which is going to be a minimum of 32 ETH. Multiplying this with current prices, I get an average of $5,780 (USD) (at $180 per coin). This doesn't seem cost-effective for the average person, as it's somewhat expensive to start earning rewards from the ETH blockchain. If ETH devs leave that requirement for staking upon the launch of Ethereum 2.0, I'm afraid that the blockchain will be less secure than what it is right now (as less people will be able to keep the network strong).

The best solution would be to lower the minimum ETH required for staking in order to encourage the average person to support the blockchain as much as possible. With lower costs, nearly anyone will be able to join the ETH blockchain, making it much more resilient against third-party attacks. What do you think about this? Huh

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
October 29, 2019, 11:58:30 PM

I'm interested with that topic and actually researched about them before. I've read that there's like a pool where you can join with any amount of ETH just to complete that 32 ETH as minimum requirement for staking.
I wholly forgot that discussion but it's somewhat like that, since we are not yet onto that point but I think some devs will do something like that to offer for smaller holders that wants to stake their ETHs.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Pearls Before Swine

Activity: 1190
Merit: 306

View Profile
October 30, 2019, 12:27:26 AM

While I think 32 Eth is rather high, it's not an astronomical sum by any means.  It *will* exclude a lot of lower net worth investors who might otherwise be interested in staking it, and that's unfortunate.  I don't know why the new pos protocol can't make Eth stake-able like other pos coins, where there is no minimum.  I'm very interested in staking, but I can't say I have 32 Eth right now and it is a lot of money for me to invest in a single coin.

The best solution would be to lower the minimum ETH required for staking in order to encourage the average person to support the blockchain as much as possible.
That would be nice, but I bet they're not going to back down now.
ivaf

Activity: 980
Merit: 109

View Profile
October 30, 2019, 07:24:51 AM

I am sure that if we need 32 ETH for a stake, then pools will surely appear. They will help those who do not have enough money, but who want to take part in the PoS on Ethereum.
I myself would be happy to use the services of such a pool.
TGD

Activity: 1288
Merit: 620

Wen Rolex?

View Profile
October 30, 2019, 07:29:18 AM

Shrimp holders can do a group staking same idea on a group buy. They just need a trusted person to hold and stake there funds on the ETH contract. They might decided to set the amount high so that it will not flood ETH network for too much mini transaction.

Don't mind me | Just checking out here for Duelbits Promotion | Bitcoin 1M | Duelbits no 1
Ken_terrance

Activity: 574
Merit: 18

Making Smart Money Work

View Profile
October 30, 2019, 07:39:15 AM

I came up with an article across the web, explaining Ethereum's staking requirements in the future which is going to be a minimum of 32 ETH. Multiplying this with current prices, I get an average of $5,780 (USD) (at $180 per coin). This doesn't seem cost-effective for the average person, as it's somewhat expensive to start earning rewards from the ETH blockchain. If ETH devs leave that requirement for staking upon the launch of Ethereum 2.0, I'm afraid that the blockchain will be less secure than what it is right now (as less people will be able to keep the network strong).

The best solution would be to lower the minimum ETH required for staking in order to encourage the average person to support the blockchain as much as possible. With lower costs, nearly anyone will be able to join the ETH blockchain, making it much more resilient against third-party attacks. What do you think about this? Huh
Lol the ETH 2.0 staking reward is not for average people in the space, the way i see things only whales will benefit from the staking, well this won't be a problem though because ETH is the second biggest coin in crypto space today so many people will still rush to buy and start staking

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  ▬   Prasaga   │   Making Smart Money Work   ▬  ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Tech WP  /  Commercial WP  //  Twitter  /  Facebook  /  Discord  /  Telegram
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
tsaroz
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1069

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2019, 07:39:52 AM

Lol the ETH 2.0 staking reward is not for average people in the space, the way i see things only whales will benefit from the staking, well this won't be a problem though because ETH is the second biggest coin in crypto space today

32ETH for a validator is very cheap compared to similar node of DASH. Currently there are about 109000 wallets that holds above 32 ETH.
Still many things are to be revealed about the validator node. Whether it would be a server friendly or not.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
VDraci

Activity: 560
Merit: 28

SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!

View Profile
October 30, 2019, 07:43:41 AM

I still find it hard to belief this high ETH staking requirement but its too early to judge until the upgrade is complete, seriously its way too much for people like myself that can hardly provide or buy 2 eth
joinfree

Activity: 1246
Merit: 260

1A6nybMUHYKS6E6Z3eJFm4KpVDdev8BAJL

View Profile
October 30, 2019, 07:43:51 AM

The collateral amount of ETH required is very huge and i believe this would not allow us to experience the full decentralized network of Ethereum. I think the developers might come up with a shared staking mechanism where individuals can contribute amounts in order to reach the collateral amount. This would help so many miners to stay up with and support the network other than leaving it all in the hands of some few whales which can make the network susceptible to 51% attack.

Crypto Enthusiast supporting innovative ideas for the Liberalization of the world from the Centralized Institutions.
Yaunfitda

Activity: 2842
Merit: 575

View Profile
October 30, 2019, 07:44:39 AM

For average casual Joe's like me, yes this seems to be very high.

But I guess they are targeting mid tier to high level investors here in the beginning and see how it goes. And I'm sure they will get a lot of backlash here, I mean 32 ETH really?

@MinerVGA - the point is that there are a lot of average investors/traders here believed me. If this is their plan they then are very wrong and they could get a bad impression with their staking rule here.

███████████████████████████████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████
█████████████▀▀        ▀▀██████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀████
██████████▀     ▄▄██▄▄     ▀███
██████████      ██████      ███
██████████▄     ▀▀██▀▀     ▄███
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄              ▄████
█████████████▄▄        ▄▄██████
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
SSC NAPOLI
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER
|.ROLLBOTS.|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████▀████████▀████▄
██████▄▄▄█████▄▄█████████
██████▀▀▀█████▀▀█████████
▀█████████▄████████▄████▀
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ROLLBIT COIN
TRADE RLB NOW!
|...PLAY NOW...
Rodeo02

Activity: 1302
Merit: 577

avatar and signature space for rent !!!

View Profile
October 30, 2019, 08:21:02 AM

Lol the ETH 2.0 staking reward is not for average people in the space, the way i see things only whales will benefit from the staking, well this won't be a problem though because ETH is the second biggest coin in crypto space today so many people will still rush to buy and start staking
The idea was good and it will help to increase the demand of ETH. This 32 ETH is worth almost 6000$ as of today but the price might be different when ETH  2.0 started . That time ,only largest funds investors can only be able to stake it or else like others said make a join pool if you have low ETH holdings.
Javi_Anibarro

Activity: 1526
Merit: 282

tBTC - https://dapp.tbtc.network/

View Profile
October 30, 2019, 09:06:03 AM

I still find it hard to belief this high ETH staking requirement but its too early to judge until the upgrade is complete, seriously its way too much for people like myself that can hardly provide or buy 2 eth
It has been determined every validator needs 32 ETH, you can see it the detail here: https://docs.ethhub.io/ethereum-roadmap/ethereum-2.0/proof-of-stake/.
This PoS will work as other PoS which means there will be a pool for people that can not afford to get a single validator.
That is not much actually for a big project, look at Dash for example requires $72.000 worth of Dash to run a single masternode.
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 401

View Profile
October 30, 2019, 09:30:59 AM

I totally agree.
The minimum requirement is strange considering that Ethereum developers want true decentralization.
I guess it will be cheaper to sart a mining business on Proof of Work Blockchains than on Ethereum proof of stake.
$5,780 minimum requirement is too high. Not like I care about PoS though. Pow is better so far
sorrros

Activity: 954
Merit: 104

ludenaprotocol.io

View Profile
October 30, 2019, 09:39:29 AM

When I read this information for the first time I was shocked, why they are going to make Ethereum centralized for big whales?
Okay now it is only 5000$, but if Ethereum goes back to its ATH then the price for participating on staking will be around 40 000USD! I think, that it is not a good idea.

► LudenaProtocol ◄ ♦️ A Gamified Social Platform for Worldwide Gamers ♦️ ► LudenaProtocol ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Instagram|Whitepaper
barnes13

Activity: 1274
Merit: 521

7enius - Your Cryptocurrency Marketing Consultant

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2019, 09:50:48 AM

I am sure that if we need 32 ETH for a stake, then pools will surely appear. They will help those who do not have enough money, but who want to take part in the PoS on Ethereum.
I myself would be happy to use the services of such a pool.
Well, you are right. If 32 ETH is the minimum capital to do staking for 1 person, then I think not everyone can enjoy it because the funds needed are very large to start. I'm sure someone will provide something like this (pools) later. But the reason behind this may be that the developer wants to increase new demands that make ETH prices higher quickly.
tinyteapot

Activity: 1148
Merit: 275

View Profile
October 30, 2019, 11:11:57 AM

The eth staking does not really impress me because the speculations at this time shows staking returns on sliding scale from 18.10% down to 1.56% depending on how many ETH are being staked, this i consider too low for an annual investment, it can be however be profitable if the eth price really appreciate.

The 32 Eth can be shared through an ethereum staking pool, read more at https://medium.com/rocket-pool/rocket-pool-beta-v2-guide-cc68ddf90e61
please do your findings before sending your eth to any staking pool.
BigBoy89
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
October 30, 2019, 11:27:51 AM

I guess the point to be so high (32ETH) is to keep the big wallets locked/staking and small amounts in circulations.
IMO this could lead to substantial price surge because of the artificially lowered coins in actual circulation.

But then the staking pools will pop-up as mushrooms. And scams along with them, offering too-good-to-be-true staking conditions.

.AMEPAY.
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
│▌
       AMEPAY IEO       
▄██████▄ ▀██████▄
█████████  ▀█████
███████▀     ▀███
██████▀  ▄█▄  ▀██
██████▄  ▀█▀  ▄██
███████▄     ▄███
█████████  ▄█████
▀██████▀ ▄██████▀
   AMEPAY LISTING   
   ▐███▄
   ████▌
▐██████████▄
████████████
 ████▌  █████
▐████  ▄████
██████████▀
 ▀█████▀▀
▐│
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
akmal1984

Activity: 1120
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 30, 2019, 11:33:57 AM

That is a very large number and will definitely not be able to be reached by many people. But on the other hand this will make many big investors going to staking ethereum. This clearly makes the position of ethereum will be stronger in the future. This is also good for maintaining the stability of ETH prices in the market. I'm sure the ethereum developers must have thought of all the consequences.
Xxmodded

Activity: 2254
Merit: 309

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
October 30, 2019, 11:38:55 AM

I am glad with staking coin and ethereum is very recommendation coin for staking because etehreum have good price at the future, could you give source link which one better for staking coin, I want to staking coin than I holding without increase our ethereum, just give me website link for staking coin and how much earning for every month and how much percent I got if staking coin.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Bananington

Activity: 1414
Merit: 344

View Profile
October 30, 2019, 11:43:37 AM

Personally I don't think 32ETH is way much compared to some other masternode projects, even though I prefer free staking.  However I get your point here, the more people involved, the more people who support the network and that's reasonable.  Let's just keep our fingers crossed as there is no official update to this end with regards ETH2. 0 staking from Ethereum foundation. Or if there is any official update, please a link will do, thanks.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀