Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:57:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: 32 ETH for staking?!  (Read 866 times)
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
October 29, 2019, 09:52:12 PM

I came up with an article across the web, explaining Ethereum's staking requirements in the future which is going to be a minimum of 32 ETH. Multiplying this with current prices, I get an average of $5,780 (USD) (at $180 per coin). This doesn't seem cost-effective for the average person, as it's somewhat expensive to start earning rewards from the ETH blockchain. If ETH devs leave that requirement for staking upon the launch of Ethereum 2.0, I'm afraid that the blockchain will be less secure than what it is right now (as less people will be able to keep the network strong).

The best solution would be to lower the minimum ETH required for staking in order to encourage the average person to support the blockchain as much as possible. With lower costs, nearly anyone will be able to join the ETH blockchain, making it much more resilient against third-party attacks. What do you think about this? Huh

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
October 29, 2019, 11:58:30 PM

I'm interested with that topic and actually researched about them before. I've read that there's like a pool where you can join with any amount of ETH just to complete that 32 ETH as minimum requirement for staking.
I wholly forgot that discussion but it's somewhat like that, since we are not yet onto that point but I think some devs will do something like that to offer for smaller holders that wants to stake their ETHs.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Pearls Before Swine

Activity: 1190
Merit: 306

View Profile
October 30, 2019, 12:27:26 AM

While I think 32 Eth is rather high, it's not an astronomical sum by any means.  It *will* exclude a lot of lower net worth investors who might otherwise be interested in staking it, and that's unfortunate.  I don't know why the new pos protocol can't make Eth stake-able like other pos coins, where there is no minimum.  I'm very interested in staking, but I can't say I have 32 Eth right now and it is a lot of money for me to invest in a single coin.

The best solution would be to lower the minimum ETH required for staking in order to encourage the average person to support the blockchain as much as possible.
That would be nice, but I bet they're not going to back down now.
ivaf

Activity: 980
Merit: 109

View Profile
October 30, 2019, 07:24:51 AM

I am sure that if we need 32 ETH for a stake, then pools will surely appear. They will help those who do not have enough money, but who want to take part in the PoS on Ethereum.
I myself would be happy to use the services of such a pool.
TGD

Activity: 1288
Merit: 620

Wen Rolex?

View Profile
October 30, 2019, 07:29:18 AM

Shrimp holders can do a group staking same idea on a group buy. They just need a trusted person to hold and stake there funds on the ETH contract. They might decided to set the amount high so that it will not flood ETH network for too much mini transaction.

Don't mind me | Just checking out here for Duelbits Promotion | Bitcoin 1M | Duelbits no 1
Ken_terrance

Activity: 574
Merit: 18

Making Smart Money Work

View Profile
October 30, 2019, 07:39:15 AM

I came up with an article across the web, explaining Ethereum's staking requirements in the future which is going to be a minimum of 32 ETH. Multiplying this with current prices, I get an average of $5,780 (USD) (at $180 per coin). This doesn't seem cost-effective for the average person, as it's somewhat expensive to start earning rewards from the ETH blockchain. If ETH devs leave that requirement for staking upon the launch of Ethereum 2.0, I'm afraid that the blockchain will be less secure than what it is right now (as less people will be able to keep the network strong).

The best solution would be to lower the minimum ETH required for staking in order to encourage the average person to support the blockchain as much as possible. With lower costs, nearly anyone will be able to join the ETH blockchain, making it much more resilient against third-party attacks. What do you think about this? Huh
Lol the ETH 2.0 staking reward is not for average people in the space, the way i see things only whales will benefit from the staking, well this won't be a problem though because ETH is the second biggest coin in crypto space today so many people will still rush to buy and start staking

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  ▬   Prasaga   │   Making Smart Money Work   ▬  ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Tech WP  /  Commercial WP  //  Twitter  /  Facebook  /  Discord  /  Telegram
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
tsaroz
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1069

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2019, 07:39:52 AM

Lol the ETH 2.0 staking reward is not for average people in the space, the way i see things only whales will benefit from the staking, well this won't be a problem though because ETH is the second biggest coin in crypto space today

32ETH for a validator is very cheap compared to similar node of DASH. Currently there are about 109000 wallets that holds above 32 ETH.
Still many things are to be revealed about the validator node. Whether it would be a server friendly or not.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
VDraci

Activity: 560
Merit: 28

SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!

View Profile
October 30, 2019, 07:43:41 AM

I still find it hard to belief this high ETH staking requirement but its too early to judge until the upgrade is complete, seriously its way too much for people like myself that can hardly provide or buy 2 eth
joinfree

Activity: 1246
Merit: 260

1A6nybMUHYKS6E6Z3eJFm4KpVDdev8BAJL

View Profile
October 30, 2019, 07:43:51 AM

The collateral amount of ETH required is very huge and i believe this would not allow us to experience the full decentralized network of Ethereum. I think the developers might come up with a shared staking mechanism where individuals can contribute amounts in order to reach the collateral amount. This would help so many miners to stay up with and support the network other than leaving it all in the hands of some few whales which can make the network susceptible to 51% attack.

Crypto Enthusiast supporting innovative ideas for the Liberalization of the world from the Centralized Institutions.
Yaunfitda

Activity: 2842
Merit: 575

View Profile
October 30, 2019, 07:44:39 AM

For average casual Joe's like me, yes this seems to be very high.

But I guess they are targeting mid tier to high level investors here in the beginning and see how it goes. And I'm sure they will get a lot of backlash here, I mean 32 ETH really?

@MinerVGA - the point is that there are a lot of average investors/traders here believed me. If this is their plan they then are very wrong and they could get a bad impression with their staking rule here.

███████████████████████████████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████
█████████████▀▀        ▀▀██████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀████
██████████▀     ▄▄██▄▄     ▀███
██████████      ██████      ███
██████████▄     ▀▀██▀▀     ▄███
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄              ▄████
█████████████▄▄        ▄▄██████
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
SSC NAPOLI
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER
|.ROLLBOTS.|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████▀████████▀████▄
██████▄▄▄█████▄▄█████████
██████▀▀▀█████▀▀█████████
▀█████████▄████████▄████▀
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ROLLBIT COIN
TRADE RLB NOW!
|...PLAY NOW...
Rodeo02

Activity: 1302
Merit: 577

avatar and signature space for rent !!!

View Profile
October 30, 2019, 08:21:02 AM

Lol the ETH 2.0 staking reward is not for average people in the space, the way i see things only whales will benefit from the staking, well this won't be a problem though because ETH is the second biggest coin in crypto space today so many people will still rush to buy and start staking
The idea was good and it will help to increase the demand of ETH. This 32 ETH is worth almost 6000$ as of today but the price might be different when ETH  2.0 started . That time ,only largest funds investors can only be able to stake it or else like others said make a join pool if you have low ETH holdings.
Javi_Anibarro

Activity: 1526
Merit: 282

tBTC - https://dapp.tbtc.network/

View Profile
October 30, 2019, 09:06:03 AM

I still find it hard to belief this high ETH staking requirement but its too early to judge until the upgrade is complete, seriously its way too much for people like myself that can hardly provide or buy 2 eth
It has been determined every validator needs 32 ETH, you can see it the detail here: https://docs.ethhub.io/ethereum-roadmap/ethereum-2.0/proof-of-stake/.
This PoS will work as other PoS which means there will be a pool for people that can not afford to get a single validator.
That is not much actually for a big project, look at Dash for example requires $72.000 worth of Dash to run a single masternode.
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
October 30, 2019, 09:30:59 AM

I totally agree.
The minimum requirement is strange considering that Ethereum developers want true decentralization.
I guess it will be cheaper to sart a mining business on Proof of Work Blockchains than on Ethereum proof of stake.
$5,780 minimum requirement is too high. Not like I care about PoS though. Pow is better so far
sorrros

Activity: 954
Merit: 104

ludenaprotocol.io

View Profile
October 30, 2019, 09:39:29 AM

When I read this information for the first time I was shocked, why they are going to make Ethereum centralized for big whales?
Okay now it is only 5000$, but if Ethereum goes back to its ATH then the price for participating on staking will be around 40 000USD! I think, that it is not a good idea.

► LudenaProtocol ◄ ♦️ A Gamified Social Platform for Worldwide Gamers ♦️ ► LudenaProtocol ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Instagram|Whitepaper
barnes13

Activity: 1274
Merit: 521

7enius - Your Cryptocurrency Marketing Consultant

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2019, 09:50:48 AM

I am sure that if we need 32 ETH for a stake, then pools will surely appear. They will help those who do not have enough money, but who want to take part in the PoS on Ethereum.
Well, you are right. If 32 ETH is the minimum capital to do staking for 1 person, then I think not everyone can enjoy it because the funds needed are very large to start. I'm sure someone will provide something like this (pools) later. But the reason behind this may be that the developer wants to increase new demands that make ETH prices higher quickly.
tinyteapot

Activity: 1148
Merit: 275

View Profile
October 30, 2019, 11:11:57 AM

The eth staking does not really impress me because the speculations at this time shows staking returns on sliding scale from 18.10% down to 1.56% depending on how many ETH are being staked, this i consider too low for an annual investment, it can be however be profitable if the eth price really appreciate.

The 32 Eth can be shared through an ethereum staking pool, read more at https://medium.com/rocket-pool/rocket-pool-beta-v2-guide-cc68ddf90e61
please do your findings before sending your eth to any staking pool.
BigBoy89
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
October 30, 2019, 11:27:51 AM

I guess the point to be so high (32ETH) is to keep the big wallets locked/staking and small amounts in circulations.
IMO this could lead to substantial price surge because of the artificially lowered coins in actual circulation.

But then the staking pools will pop-up as mushrooms. And scams along with them, offering too-good-to-be-true staking conditions.

.AMEPAY.
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
│▌
       AMEPAY IEO       
▄██████▄ ▀██████▄
█████████  ▀█████
███████▀     ▀███
██████▀  ▄█▄  ▀██
██████▄  ▀█▀  ▄██
███████▄     ▄███
█████████  ▄█████
▀██████▀ ▄██████▀
   AMEPAY LISTING   
   ▐███▄
   ████▌
▐██████████▄
████████████
 ████▌  █████
▐████  ▄████
██████████▀
 ▀█████▀▀
▐│
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
akmal1984

Activity: 1120
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 30, 2019, 11:33:57 AM

That is a very large number and will definitely not be able to be reached by many people. But on the other hand this will make many big investors going to staking ethereum. This clearly makes the position of ethereum will be stronger in the future. This is also good for maintaining the stability of ETH prices in the market. I'm sure the ethereum developers must have thought of all the consequences.
Xxmodded

Activity: 2268
Merit: 309

Seabet.io | Crypto-Casino

View Profile
October 30, 2019, 11:38:55 AM

I am glad with staking coin and ethereum is very recommendation coin for staking because etehreum have good price at the future, could you give source link which one better for staking coin, I want to staking coin than I holding without increase our ethereum, just give me website link for staking coin and how much earning for every month and how much percent I got if staking coin.

████████▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄
████████▄▄▄    ▄▄█▀▀▀██▄
   ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄███████▄
  █▀██████▄█▀ ▄█▀▀▀██▀▀▀███
  ██████▄██▀▀▀██████▀█▄ ███
  █▄ ▀▀ █████████████████
▄  ██   █▀████████████▄█ █
▀█  ▀█▄ ▄████████████▀▀▄██
 ▀█   ▀████████████████▄█▀
  ▀█▄    ████▄▄██████▄▄██▀
    ▀▀█▄▄ █▄▄  ▀▀▀▀███▀
████████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀
Seabet.io
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
SPORTS
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
🎰.
CASINO
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████████████   ████████████████   ██████
..PLAY NOW..
██████   ███████████████████   █████████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Bananington

Activity: 1414
Merit: 344

View Profile
October 30, 2019, 11:43:37 AM

Personally I don't think 32ETH is way much compared to some other masternode projects, even though I prefer free staking.  However I get your point here, the more people involved, the more people who support the network and that's reasonable.  Let's just keep our fingers crossed as there is no official update to this end with regards ETH2. 0 staking from Ethereum foundation. Or if there is any official update, please a link will do, thanks.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
Khuongcute2503

Activity: 256
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2019, 11:53:23 AM

You were right about this. Only whales will benefit from these moves. There will be lots of risks if we get involved. Although ETH ranked second in the rankings, it brought too many risks. Compared to the ATH, the current price is /10
Casdinyard

Activity: 2058
Merit: 882

Leading Crypto Sports Betting and Casino Platform

View Profile
October 30, 2019, 12:15:53 PM

Let's just keep our fingers crossed as there is no official update to this end with regards ETH2. 0 staking from Ethereum foundation. Or if there is any official update, please a link will do, thanks.

I heard eth staking will be next year though there's still no specific date. While the ROI per annum will be in between of 1.5% to 18% but still depends on the validators.

And yes 32 eth is big for us however if you guys really want to join the staking without running your own software and doesn't need to stay online, you could consider RocketPool to do staking on your behalf. You just need 1 eth to be eligible.

But then again, stake at your own risk.

Disclaimer: I'm not related to RocketPool or any affiliates.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
o48o
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1132

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
October 30, 2019, 12:32:25 PM

I understand wanting more people to participate, but wouldn't the incentive to become validator come too low after diluting the earnings from it even more? I thought that 32 eth entry was maybe too low already.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
SvonioneFromMangoCoinz

Activity: 663
Merit: 10

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
October 30, 2019, 02:13:38 PM

Their big system will only spend time dealing with big data or big money. Besides, the staking with large amount of new money can bring good profits for you and the system. because they need your money to be able to handle blocks much like PoW now.
so it is a rule and the more money a person pays, the bigger the reward.

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
pishite

Activity: 966
Merit: 132

View Profile
October 31, 2019, 04:25:53 AM

The pool will open and everyone will run to invest their coins in it, but what is the probability of the reliability of my investments that I will not lose my funds?
Such a pool should be implemented by coin Ethereum developers, where everyone could invest their funds.
Even if you implement the pos with 2 coins, it will be almost impossible to receive%, as there will always be whales who will confirm transactions faster than anyone else.
Leyss

Activity: 574
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 31, 2019, 07:12:10 AM

I do not yet know the mechanism for holders of 32 ETH in the future to receive actual passive income, but this is probably due to the fact that the number of wallets in excess of even such a minimum amount of 32 ETH is about 110,000. Apparently, this way the possible number of wallets to which payments will need to be transferred is reduced. Even 110,000 wallets, this is a huge job to make payments.
Of course, I would like the minimum amount in ETH to be less.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
October 31, 2019, 09:35:21 AM

the whole purpose of this ethereum 2.0 advertising campaign is to revive the ethereum project and pump it again. so with that whole purpose they have to force people to buy more ethereum in order to be able to participate in the free money giveaway called staking. 32 seems like a good choice in my opinion to server that purpose. and  in the end it is only benefiting the whales and the super whales such as Vitalik and the ethereum foundation that own about 70 million ETH among themselves.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
notblox1
Legendary

Merit: 1264

Logo Designer ⛨ BSFL Division1

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2019, 10:41:35 AM

This will probably result in some pump of Ethereum price before they implement ETH 2.0
but I am not sure this will be sustainable, and I even have doubts that whole thing will even work.
Smart contacts and tokens are not going to transfer easy to PoS

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
... LIVECASINO.io    Play Live Games with up to 20% cashback!...██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
CryptoInsights

Activity: 141
Merit: 19

View Profile
October 31, 2019, 10:57:29 AM

I think staking of 32 ETH is actually required else any tom, dick or harry would enter into mining ETH which is not safe. Also, 32 ETH can be pooled up and even the income can also be divided. I did not find it a huge issue.

target
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 1041

View Profile
October 31, 2019, 11:03:41 AM

This will probably result in some pump of Ethereum price before they implement ETH 2.0
but I am not sure this will be sustainable, and I even have doubts that whole thing will even work.
Smart contacts and tokens are not going to transfer easy to PoS

That pumps is going to be anticipated, they've already spread the word about this and I think Vitalik also spill this information during his speech about ETH2.0. For an average person he will really be trying to accumulate 32ETH just to get into this opportunity. Right now I guess the right is pretty high but when the pump is over I think we can still buy ETh at less than $150. Save your BTC for it if you have some plans.

NathanJB

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 31, 2019, 11:04:02 AM

the whole purpose of this ethereum 2.0 advertising campaign is to revive the ethereum project and pump it again. so with that whole purpose they have to force people to buy more ethereum in order to be able to participate in the free money giveaway called staking. 32 seems like a good choice in my opinion to server that purpose. and  in the end it is only benefiting the whales and the super whales such as Vitalik and the ethereum foundation that own about 70 million ETH among themselves.

There is this. Ethereum is doing this for the demand of ETH to rise. The stake reward is of course attractive but since the 32 ETH requirement is asked, it will be achievable only by the rich. 32 is not that big of a deal but it is not also one which is open to everyone who is interested. But I think this is not really to revive the Ethereum Project. There is nothing to revive with Ethereum because Ethereum is working pretty well. Developments are lined up on the project.  
cudora
Copper Member

Activity: 336
Merit: 3

Cryptoknowmics - World's First Decentralized Media

View Profile
October 31, 2019, 01:12:56 PM

I hardly believe that ETH 2.0 will solve any problems. On the contrary, will create such a mess and will make the whole blockchain less secured. ETH needs to do something to attract new investors because the whole picture seems very disappointing.

masterrex

Activity: 1820
Merit: 107

View Profile
October 31, 2019, 01:13:35 PM

Honestly speaking 32 ETH was too high for me, if that's true and it was required will we have no choice but wait! until it was launch Ethereum 2.0 was long overdue and thats not good either for Ethereum Network and now that the rumor staking requirement of 32 ETH now whats next!
kanayaTabitha

Activity: 980
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 31, 2019, 01:15:51 PM

I think ETH want to test their new staking system with low amount of people first, so they made the requirements like that so not many people can join it.
Maybe if they reach their success with staking, i'm sure they will lower the requirement for inviting more people to join their staking feature.
Ryan Dugan

Activity: 924
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2019, 01:29:43 PM

There will surely people doing stake pools for eth if this is the case. That does mean that you will need to give your eth to someone else. Maybe the high entry-level price will encourage growth in the price?
Let us first see how the staking works and what it has to offer before we jump to any conclusions. $5k might be worth it.

Pet240

Activity: 486

View Profile
October 31, 2019, 01:59:27 PM

If people can come together in form of joint investment, I think they will be able to achieve the 32 ETH requirement. However, this comes alongside with trust.
If they cannot trust themselves, then such will not occur.
With this assertion and looking at the high level of it, it mighty not work.
pawanjain

Activity: 2674
Merit: 713

Nothing lasts forever

View Profile
October 31, 2019, 03:11:48 PM

That is a very large number and will definitely not be able to be reached by many people. But on the other hand this will make many big investors going to staking ethereum. This clearly makes the position of ethereum will be stronger in the future. This is also good for maintaining the stability of ETH prices in the market. I'm sure the ethereum developers must have thought of all the consequences.
Your logic is completely wrong here. Though you think that many big investors will buy ether and stake it, you miss the point here that very less number of people will be able to validate the blocks/transactions which means less number of people will have control over the network and this is bad for a reputable blockchain. A blockchain should have as many number of miners as it can have to be stable and widely distributed peer to peer network.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
DaMut

Activity: 1246
Merit: 263

View Profile
October 31, 2019, 04:10:28 PM

If people can come together in form of joint investment, I think they will be able to achieve the 32 ETH requirement. However, this comes alongside with trust.
If they cannot trust themselves, then such will not occur.
With this assertion and looking at the high level of it, it mighty not work.
Of course, we can not easily trust them and nobody will do that either. That is why major exchanges will open a staking pool for their users that want to stake their ETH coins on their platform.
Look at Binance for example, they have opened a staking pool for some projects. This is not a big issue for them to add more coin in their platform since they are going to get a reward from the staking.

████████████████████████
SPORTS
███████▄███▄▄
█████████▀▀████▄▄
▄███▄▄███████▀▀████▄▄
███▀█████▄███████▀▀███▄
████████████▄▄█████████
█████████░▀▀████▄▄████▀
████████████████████
█████████░▄▄████▀▀████▄
████████████▀▀█████████
███▄█████▀███████▄▄███▀
▀███▀▀███████▄▄████▀
█████████▄▄████▀▀
███████▀███▀▀
bets.io
████████████████████████
CASINO
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
October 31, 2019, 08:09:56 PM

32 ETH is only a lot if ETH was over 1K a coin. At its current levels, perhaps that number should be higher. It's certainly more doable than some masternode coins... even Dash at its rock bottom prices would run you about 70K.

Besides, I wouldn't be surprised if they have staking pools or leasing, that sort of thing, for smaller holders.
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 31, 2019, 10:47:40 PM

Pools would be an ideal solution for encouraging other people to earn rewards on the ETH blockchain. But, this would effectively centralize the system as we know it. The more people are able to stake on their own, the better it'll be for the decentralization and security of the ETH blockchain. This is somewhat similar to Bitcoin's PoW consensus, where only wealthy individuals are able to earn rewards and secure the network at the same time. Given that Bitcoin ASIC miners are not highly accessible to everyone, the Blockchain's consensus has been somewhat centralized by a few mining pools controlled by Bitmain. With Bitcoin's current state, a 51% attack could happen in any point in time.

I believe that the same thing would happen with ETH in the future if devs don't lower the requirement of 32 ETH for staking. The Ethereum blockchain would effectively become centralized by big whales and corporations instead of the average person. Of course, people will still be earning rewards with any amount of ETH in staking pools. But they won't be able to support the ETH blockchain itself as costs will be too high. Imagine if ETH continues to rise in price to infinity and beyond. You multiply 32 ETH times the current price in USD (like for example $1,000) and the result will be an insane amount of money. The more expensive Ethereum becomes, the worse it'll be for its longevity as the barrier of entry for securing the Blockchain becomes higher over time.

Nonetheless, time will tell us whenever ETH will truly adopt this requirement or not (with a community debate would be ideal). If it does, then expect ETH to become more centralized over the coming years. By then, we'll have Ethereum Classic as the true decentralized implementation of the ETH blockchain. Just my thoughts Grin

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
boltz
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1187

View Profile
October 31, 2019, 10:50:05 PM

32 ETH is okay in order to stake. Lets compare the price to masternodes and we will get the same amount of money for a decent masternode who does decent rewards/month. Maybe in time they will lower the necessary ETH for start to stake but for the beginning I think they're making the right decision to keep it above 30 ETH.

If ETH keeps climbing in price and goes over 500$ soon , then they should reduce the amount immediately in order to extra secure their networks and provide confidence to buyers as the whales will earn so much from staking eth....just my thoughts...

███▄▀██▄▄
░░▄████▄▀████ ▄▄▄
░░████▄▄▄▄░░█▀▀
███ ██████▄▄▀█▌
░▄░░███▀████
░▐█░░███░██▄▄
░░▄▀░████▄▄▄▀█
░█░▄███▀████ ▐█
▀▄▄███▀▄██▄
░░▄██▌░░██▀
░▐█▀████ ▀██
░░█▌██████ ▀▀██▄
░░▀███
▄▄██▀▄███
▄▄▄████▀▄████▄░░
▀▀█░░▄▄▄▄████░░
▐█▀▄▄█████████
████▀███░░▄░
▄▄██░███░░█▌░
█▀▄▄▄████░▀▄░░
█▌████▀███▄░█░
▄██▄▀███▄▄▀
▀██░░▐██▄░░
██▀████▀█▌░
▄██▀▀██████▐█░░
███▀░░
Kemarit
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1353

View Profile
October 31, 2019, 11:19:03 PM

I don't know how the hell they got that numbers, so that's roughly $6000 with today's price. So that's a huge amount to begin with. And I think it will only benefited those who have a lot of money to throw around the market and it could spell centralization for Ethereum. Could Ethereum here just wanted to make sure that they will survived after their ETH 2.0 plans that's why they raise the stakes so high in the beginning and then re-asset everything in the future?

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
DarkDays
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1189

View Profile
October 31, 2019, 11:42:41 PM

$5,000 isn't actually too bad. At some points, acquiring a DASH Masternode was somewhere in the order of $100,000.

If you actually look at the amount of ETH held in the average ETH wallet, you'll find that a large number of Ethereum holders are actually wealthy enough to participate in staking.

I personally wouldn't want to lock up $5k just to secure the Ethereum network, unless the staking rewards were pretty lucrative (e.g. 10%+ per year).

Ethereum is too volatile to lock up for long periods.
TaliskerDarkStorm

Activity: 1106
Merit: 273

View Profile
October 31, 2019, 11:53:59 PM

I'm okay with the amount which is 32 ETH. But ETH is highly popular cryptocurrency. There will be incredible demand for staking. Some will buy 32.000 EH for staking. So your 32 eth staking reward probably means nothing at this moment. That's why I think.
dark08

Activity: 798
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 31, 2019, 11:54:56 PM

I agree to you this 32 ethereun is a huge amount of money specially if you are average people butto think on the other scenario you will get a good amount of return by staking your ethereum. I think those people who have a lot ethereum on their bags will benefits this staking.

poornamelessme

View Profile
November 01, 2019, 01:05:06 AM
Merited by daarul50 (1)

$5,000 isn't actually too bad. At some points, acquiring a DASH Masternode was somewhere in the order of $100,000.

If you actually look at the amount of ETH held in the average ETH wallet, you'll find that a large number of Ethereum holders are actually wealthy enough to participate in staking.

I personally wouldn't want to lock up $5k just to secure the Ethereum network, unless the staking rewards were pretty lucrative (e.g. 10%+ per year).

Actually at some points (early 2018, to be exact) a Dash masternode was over a million.

Which is why staking/rewards doesn't mean a whole lot to me. I mean, what good is 5-10% a year when a coin can lose 90%+ of its value? It's not quite the same as bonds. If I had 1-1.5 M worth of Dash, and it's now worth about 75K, I wouldn't think to myself, "Yay, I got 5% in rewards for the year." I'd be grumbling about losing over 90% of my investment.

Although in a bear market like we are currently, staking rewards are at least something, assuming folks invest at the bottom. I don't view 5-6K as being too high a price to stake. But as I understand it (and I may understand it incorrectly) for the first year or two there will be two ETH blockchains, one staking and the current one. And if you decide to stash away your ETH to the staking chain, it's sort of locked there until the next dev stage.

Which means it might be an opportunity for the coin to pump with so many coins locked away. Or none of it will matter and the markets collapse... who knows...
meliodas

Activity: 742
Merit: 329

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 01, 2019, 04:24:14 AM

I agree to you this 32 ethereun is a huge amount of money specially if you are average people butto think on the other scenario you will get a good amount of return by staking your ethereum. I think those people who have a lot ethereum on their bags will benefits this staking.
32 Ethereum is not a huge amount of money if we will compare it to other cryptocurrency that offers staking and masternode. With the performance and the vision of ethereum for the future, I think that it is really worth it investment and to be honest, I am saving up my money to reach that minimum so I can have another source of income.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $| 
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
SamarasLoch

Activity: 250

Crypto Trader/Enthusiast/Investor

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2019, 05:00:28 AM

The advent of a staking option on the ETH blockchain is a step in the right direction without a doubt. Although, I must agree with you that the minimum requirement thus far seems too big for the average person. But then, we could always pool funds together and maximize the potential of the staking so it isn't much of a problem. The Ethereum 2.0 is one to look out for

█████     |       E3T.co       |       IEO on Dcoin       |    █████
───────              Connecting Global Entrepreneurs              ──────
studio1one

Activity: 1218
Merit: 500

BintexFutures

View Profile
November 01, 2019, 05:53:17 AM

True they should drop the minimum requirement for staking because I would not like to use staking pools to get my rewards and pay them a %.

BINTEX

Powered by,
Absolutep

Activity: 434

View Profile
November 01, 2019, 05:58:20 AM

If 32 ETH is required then there must be a pool which can bring people that cannot afford the 32 ETH together.  It will be nice and many will be willing to be a part of it.
lousie9

Activity: 1680
Merit: 263

View Profile
November 01, 2019, 06:00:47 AM

risking 32ETH is a large amount, even I don't have that amount of investment, I think if the team can reduce the minimum cost it might be able to attract the attention of investors back, because with the low network costs in the platform, more and more users will join and use it for their needs.

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
cogwise
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights   ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

huu78

Merit: 253

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
November 01, 2019, 08:30:07 AM

I'm not interested in staking because the profit taking is pretty long, and it takes 32ETH? It includes a fantastic nominal for its own staking. If fewer requirements may be more interesting.
If that, mending me throwing into IEO or trading days to get a faster and maximal advantage.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
poornamelessme

View Profile
November 01, 2019, 05:18:21 PM

If 32 ETH is required then there must be a pool which can bring people that cannot afford the 32 ETH together.  It will be nice and many will be willing to be a part of it.

I'd think eventually there will be pools, but that may be odd to start with in the early stages. As all staked coins will be locked up during the beacon stage. And it'd seem weird to have staking pools where folks can't withdraw their coins ... and that may end up being a year or more.
lolgato1

Activity: 793
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 01, 2019, 05:25:55 PM

Probably there is not a problem with an amount what is needed for staking, but with the interest. Don´t you think that 10% interest is too generous? I am afraid that this will lead to huge inflation and Ethereum as a coin will not be as rare as Bitcoin.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
daarul50
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1034

View Profile
November 01, 2019, 06:25:29 PM

even with the alltime high like $1000 price/ 1 ethereum that 32 ethereum is worth $32000 which still far below most well known crypto staking system like dash as you said , require around $75000.

ethereum staking especially for now where the price is very low , it should be profitable to lock it up for staking.
it should be an opportunity to gain more ethereum, to gain more value by staking it. why not? it worth the risk.
i don't mind to do that with those staking amount is still in the fair line.
ethereum price is not as volatile as any other cryptocurrency i guess unless if you compare it to stable coins which it is not fair., how can you say that?
cunguks

Activity: 854
Merit: 101

Polkadog - Multi-Chain Defi Meme

View Profile
November 01, 2019, 06:31:41 PM

Probably there is not a problem with an amount what is needed for staking, but with the interest. Don´t you think that 10% interest is too generous? I am afraid that this will lead to huge inflation and Ethereum as a coin will not be as rare as Bitcoin.
different from bitcoin, if staking ETH with 10% interest in the specified time not so long it might be profitable. but before doing so, do a market analysis for the likelihood of future ETH prices. Indeed, no one will know, but from the trend and plan for the renewal, we will be able to make a possibility. we can profit from the amount of ETH and interest we get.

CryptoVzla

Activity: 560
Merit: 290

www.thegeomadao.com

View Profile
November 01, 2019, 07:19:35 PM

That is high sick for staking, i cant effort it for sure, i hope vitalik will consider minimum amount for staking is 1 or 2 eth
so everyone can earn passive income by stake their eth on chain !

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓           
          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓███       
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██████▓     
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓████████▓   
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████▓▓▓██████ 
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████ 
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████████████████████
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████▒
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓████████
▓▓▓▓▓▓█████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████
▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓████████
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████▓▓▓█▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████████████████▓▓▓▓█▒
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████▓▓▓▓██
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████▓▓▓▓███ 
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████▓▓▓▓▓██▓ 
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▓   
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓   
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
               ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓           

GEOMA DAO

Take a Look Into the Future

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
gensol

Activity: 714

View Profile
November 01, 2019, 08:06:00 PM

Staking is high team should provide pools to encourage small investors to be part of the PoS mechanism when it's launched. Many small investors will be I teredted nut won't be able to afford the cost to stake their tokens.
Casdinyard

Merit: 882

Leading Crypto Sports Betting and Casino Platform

View Profile
November 03, 2019, 11:19:15 AM

Staking is high team should provide pools to encourage small investors to be part of the PoS mechanism when it's launched. Many small investors will be I teredted nut won't be able to afford the cost to stake their tokens.

Quite a bit more agree though participants shouldn't expect a quick and high return of investment as it will be just few considering how many people will participate in the pool. And I guess 32 eth is final, whether you grab it or not. Vitalik won't mind if there will be fewer people who will do PoS and considering the whales are enough for the meantime, IMHO.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
3DBrushes

Activity: 617
Merit: 253

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 03, 2019, 12:01:00 PM

It is definately high but while comparing it with some popular masternode coins like dash etc it is quite affordable for some people. But still it is not for average people. Average people must not do staking as it is not profitable for them.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
ronaldo40
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1014

View Profile
November 03, 2019, 12:05:54 PM

I came up with an article across the web, explaining Ethereum's staking requirements in the future which is going to be a minimum of 32 ETH.

will we get a higher chance of finding a block if we hold more than 32 ETH?
because right now there is a few addresses that holding 200k eth++ so if that account starts staking will they get a higher chance than the people that just staking with just 32 eth?

Abiky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 06, 2019, 10:53:02 PM

Well, Dash masternodes are extremely expensive making the cryptocurrency centralized by a few players. It would've been best for Dash to adopt a "dynamic" collateral fee for masternodes in order to encourage decentralization. With a static collateral fee of 1000 DASH per masternode, only wealthy individuals will be able provide additional services to the Dash blockchain. In the case of Ethereum, the 32 ETH required for staking may not seem that much with current prices. But if the requirement for staking remains static, you could expect for prices to skyrocket in terms of USD. After that, most people couldn't afford to earn staking rewards for securing the ETH blockchain rendering it centralized over time.

Nonetheless, if Ethereum decides to keep the 32 ETH requirement for staking there are always other options out there on the market. We already have Ethereum Classic which has adopted a monetary policy and aims to remain a PoW cryptocurrency for the foreseeable future. If ETH fails in terms of decentralization, at least the original version of Ethereum (ETC) would remain decentralized and censorship-resistant enough for the mainstream world to rely on. Just my opinion Smiley

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
auntyjmary

Activity: 368

View Profile
November 07, 2019, 12:00:49 AM

The future certainly looks exciting for ethereum, I believe we are just in the process where every altcoin enthusiast must trust the power of ethereum. In the near very future, ethereum would be able to mount more pressure on the current dominance of bitcoin.
danherbias07
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1119

View Profile
November 07, 2019, 12:36:28 AM

Did Vitalik though people in the crypto world are rich people now?  Grin

Yes, that is a lot of money and I wont risk that much just for staking. I know I could keep it in my wallet but the thing is how about the new guy?
$5760? That is just $180 per ETH. What if it goes larger?
You are right, an average person like me cannot reach that kind of amount in just a blink of an eye. Maybe it will take 6 months of my salary without eating anything.  Grin
They should lower the requirement.

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
poornamelessme

View Profile
November 13, 2019, 08:08:33 AM

Did Vitalik though people in the crypto world are rich people now?  Grin

Yes, that is a lot of money and I wont risk that much just for staking. I know I could keep it in my wallet but the thing is how about the new guy?
$5760? That is just $180 per ETH. What if it goes larger?
You are right, an average person like me cannot reach that kind of amount in just a blink of an eye. Maybe it will take 6 months of my salary without eating anything.  Grin
They should lower the requirement.

As others have stated, too low an amount isn't ideal either. I realize $5800 isn't a small amount of money to some, but we aren't talking about Dash masternode numbers here.

I also don't quite understand why anyone would make that big a deal of it anyway. 5% year on a coin that sometimes fluctuates more than that in a day ... it's not like holding 32 ETH will provide huge rewards and remain a stable price. Take your money and stick it in a 5% junk bond if you really, really want that 5%, it'll be more stable than ETH or any crypto.

And I assume there will be pools, so go with that if you want.
zabir.brutov

Activity: 280

View Profile
November 13, 2019, 05:19:43 PM

Is not worth it in my opinion, because ETH is showing literally nothing throughout the last several years. I hardly doubt that the next update and staking opportunity will push the price forward, mining brings more money.
bigcash2011

Activity: 1442
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2019, 06:41:35 PM

Yeah if they lower the amount of eth that can be staked it wil be better as more people will be able to safeguard the network as well as earn reward which will increase demand and value of eth, i just hope that this change of algorithm will be coming soon and before the eth 2.0 launch and also i hope eth will introduce easy staking like just holding eth in mew as vps and other complex procedures can discourage common investors.

boris1044

Activity: 42

View Profile
November 13, 2019, 07:46:55 PM

I am under the impression that you can lose your staked ETH if you validate an incorrect block. But places like Coinbase will stake for you and guarantee your returns and that you don't lose your ETH. I'll go that route. No way I'm losing 32 ETH
HungryTigerGrouchyCrotch

Activity: 278
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 13, 2019, 07:56:28 PM

I think that still many people will be able to stake their Ether coins thanks to staking as a service programs. But, it will lead to a centralization, that´s why I do not understand why Vitalik and team didn't think about it in this way.

Abiky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 15, 2019, 12:38:20 AM

That's the entire point, they wanted nodes to have some skin in the game so they would actually pay for a vps or have some infrastructure to keep them online 24/7 if it's too low people will drop constantly. Just do a pooled staking if you can't make the 32 eth requirement.

Pooled staking is great for earning rewards from amounts lower than 32 ETH, but it's not enough for preserving the decentralization of the underlying Blockchain network. This would be the same as PoW where mining is concentrated in the hands of a few. Still, PoW's model has far greater decentralization than PoS itself. The problem here is not the amount of coins required for staking, but rather the price in terms of Fiat. At $180 per coin, you'd need to spend $5,760 in order to maintain/support the Ethereum blockchain for the foreseeable future. Imagine if prices per coin where $1,000 and above. The costs for securing Ethereum would've been enormous, greatly diminishing the decentralization of the Blockchain.

With Pooled Staking, only pool operators will be able to secure the ETH blockchain. This gives the power in the hands of a few, increasing the centralization of the network. Most people only care about the rewards rather than the long-term stability and censorship-resistance of a cryptocurrency. They're only in it for the money than anything else. Only a few are vigilant taking their efforts to protect decentralization at all costs.

Nonetheless, while 32 ETH looks like a hefty sum in terms of USD, it's still cheaper than running a DASH masternode. People have different Blockchains to choose from (like Ethereum Classic) in case they're not comfortable with Ethereum itself. In this world of diversity, there's a cryptocurrency for everyone. Just my thoughts Grin

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
Dart18

Activity: 1400
Merit: 259

View Profile
November 16, 2019, 04:29:46 PM

They would just say it aint fair.
I have one of the largest amount of ETH as an example.
I wouldn't dare to say that we should be equal in this field.
I want more than what you will receive because I am one of the prime holders.
Giving intensives to low number holders could just make the value go down.

Imagine I am  holding .1 ETH but yet I can receive the same thing as you are with 10  ETH in your account. Will you be happy with that?!!!
Bonenx14

Activity: 1033
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 16, 2019, 04:58:11 PM

It is definately high but while comparing it with some popular masternode coins like dash etc it is quite affordable for some people. But still it is not for average people. Average people must not do staking as it is not profitable for them.

If the beginner does not have a good strategy it is best not to take the bet and that is absolutely right. This becomes a matter that continues to be thought of by them if losses begin to approach them.
I was thinking about using a little money first to learn the market algorithm. Large capital certainly has a big risk, if you are just starting out, you should use less funds to find knowledge and use other funds for real work in daily life.

█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
Stake.com
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
electronicash
Legendary

Merit: 1051

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2019, 05:14:30 PM

If the beginner does not have a good strategy it is best not to take the bet and that is absolutely right. This becomes a matter that continues to be thought of by them if losses begin to approach them.
I was thinking about using a little money first to learn the market algorithm. Large capital certainly has a big risk, if you are just starting out, you should use less funds to find knowledge and use other funds for real work in daily life.

if you earn by just staking its still profitable.
you don't know yet how much will eth be after they are going to shift to POS but i'm almost certain before this shift will happen there will be huge dumps, if you want to stake you might consider waiting for that to happen first. 32 eth isn't a huge as what Dash needs to run MN. if there will be pool, i guess you can just invest few ETH and join the pool.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
▬▬▬▬▬
Tipstar

Activity: 1764
Merit: 280

Smart World Global Token

View Profile
November 17, 2019, 06:55:48 AM

It's a gradual way to gain knowledge about opportunities to make money from what we have invested. If you are smart at it maybe this is not so dizzy for you.

Ethereum mining is also not for everyone. You need to have enough capital if you want to start a Ethereum validator node and 32 ETH is not only the full cost of the node. There would be other expenses involved. Most probably a VPS would be required for your node to remain active 24/7.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

Yudhisthir

Activity: 1038
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 17, 2019, 06:59:19 AM

It's a gradual way to gain knowledge about opportunities to make money from what we have invested. If you are smart at it maybe this is not so dizzy for you.

Ethereum mining is also not for everyone. You need to have enough capital if you want to start a Ethereum validator node and 32 ETH is not only the full cost of the node. There would be other expenses involved. Most probably a VPS would be required for your node to remain active 24/7.

If you want to get involved, there certainly would be a online pool to invest in. Binance has already hinted they'll support staking of Ethereum in their wallet. Though the rates would be a bit lesser than running your own node but you would not need to worry about technical aspects of setting up and running.
Nadziratel

Activity: 1568
Merit: 321

★777Coin.com★ Fun BTC Casino!

View Profile
November 17, 2019, 07:01:44 AM

you don't know yet how much will eth be after they are going to shift to POS but i'm almost certain before this shift will happen there will be huge dumps, if you want to stake you might consider waiting for that to happen first. 32 eth isn't a huge as what Dash needs to run MN. if there will be pool, i guess you can just invest few ETH and join the pool.

What I have to say has nothing to do with just Ethereum, it applies to all staking coins.

How do you decide which coin you want to stake? I hope this is not a decision based on the amount required for participation. I think the future value of that coin should be taken into consideration when choosing the coin to be staking. Because the number of coins increased with staking can cause the price to fall. If you do staking coins that you think the price will rise in the future, it will not affect you even if the price decreases. I think that's an important detail. The market also has coins offering 20-30% staking returns. But their future is very uncertain ... And I don't think you have a chance to profit from that coin. If you think Ethereum will increase in value in the future (which I think), it is certainly a logical investment.

bileq
Legendary

Merit: 1068

View Profile
November 18, 2019, 03:43:25 PM

guys i can not find any official document for validator account's amount of ethereum. everyone says that 32 ethereum needed for validator but does it rumours or announced officaly? and the another thing everyone says vitalik offered %5 annual rate for validator revenues. please give an official link about it. i want to clearify this v2 phases.
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 21, 2019, 05:26:29 PM

Well, at least the 32 ETH requirement is quite affordable compared to a DASH masternode. As long as ETH remains relatively low in price, anyone could easily afford 32 ETH with their Fiat currency of choice. The real deal would be if ETH rises to new ATHs across the market. Imagine how costly it would be to obtain 32 ETH with a price of over $1,000 per ETH. By then, only wealthy people will be able to effectively secure the ETH blockchain. For the rest, staking pools seems to be the way to go to make some "extra cash" with any amount of ETH held onto the service.

Nonetheless, the minimum requirement of 32 ETH can be left as is or lowered at will if devs decide to do so. After all, it's too early to talk about this since ETH is not a full-fledged PoS coin yet. Some say that ETH will turn into a hybrid coin (PoW + PoS) while others believe that Ethereum will adopt PoS in its entirety. If it turns out to become a hybrid coin, then it'll be a blast as there will be flexibility for people looking to support the ETH blockchain in every way. The ETH dev team should look for ways to maintain the blockchain as decentralized as possible instead of focusing on profit. Just my thoughts Grin

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
fuer44

Activity: 1638
Merit: 262

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2019, 03:08:07 AM

I'm interested with that topic and actually researched about them before. I've read that there's like a pool where you can join with any amount of ETH just to complete that 32 ETH as minimum requirement for staking.
I wholly forgot that discussion but it's somewhat like that, since we are not yet onto that point but I think some devs will do something like that to offer for smaller holders that wants to stake their ETHs.
I have not checked anything about the info but I have one question, do we get rewarded as participants of the 32 eth stake? for example we are part of the 32 eth with a value of 0.1 eth, then whether we will get twice the reward or a percentage of what we bet before? or the reward will be calculated based on the big or small amount of our stake?
Fundamentals Of

Activity: 2310
Merit: 366

View Profile
November 24, 2019, 03:51:24 AM

I have not checked anything about the info but I have one question, do we get rewarded as participants of the 32 eth stake? for example we are part of the 32 eth with a value of 0.1 eth, then whether we will get twice the reward or a percentage of what we bet before? or the reward will be calculated based on the big or small amount of our stake?

Of course you will get rewarded if you join in the staking. But you need to have 32 ETH first and then you will have to store them in the specified wallet. The reward is fixed per 32 ETH I think. So if you double your 32 ETH stake then you will also get double reward. The 32 ETH is just the minimum. You have the choice to make it higher if you want. Your reward will also go higher. But we need to wait for the specific instructions of Ethereum itself regarding this.
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 26, 2019, 04:17:06 PM

Of course you will get rewarded if you join in the staking. But you need to have 32 ETH first and then you will have to store them in the specified wallet. The reward is fixed per 32 ETH I think. So if you double your 32 ETH stake then you will also get double reward. The 32 ETH is just the minimum. You have the choice to make it higher if you want. Your reward will also go higher. But we need to wait for the specific instructions of Ethereum itself regarding this.

Believe me, once you get the minimum ETH required for staking, you'll be able to earn a constant reward over the long term. This will be just like a savings account at a bank, but better as you'll earn much more money over time if prices start to rise all the way to the moon. Getting 32 ETH for staking is much more affordable than saving money for a DASH masternode. Ethereum could remain a decentralized cryptocurrency for the world, because of its high accessibility.

While PoS may lead to a certain level of centralization for the ETH blockchain, it's the best way to go in order to increase scalability and reduce energy consumption by a long shot. People who can't afford 32 ETH would simply choose a staking pool to reap the rewards. While the earnings won't be the same, at least it's something that will accumulate over time which serves to be a nice source of passive income.

Nonetheless, we'll just have to wait for the ETH dev team to give out specific instructions on how to stake the cryptocurrency on our wallets. The 32 ETH requirement could be temporary as the underlying blockchain hasn't done the switch to PoS yet. As we get closer to this phase, developers could decide to either lower or increase the ETH requirement to become a validator. It's best to set a dynamic amount of coins required for staking instead of a fixed value, since ETH prices are volatile. Otherwise, the cost of obtaining 32 ETH for staking may increase according to the coin's price across the market. In the end, people will decide whenever they'll keep supporting ETH with its PoS implementation or simply switch to another coin that's much easier to mine or stake. With an ever-growing crypto market, there's a choice for everyone. Just my opinion Smiley

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
seramania

Activity: 827
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 26, 2019, 04:29:58 PM

by lowering the minimum ETH many participants will be, but maybe with the decrease the results obtained cannot be maximized, and inevitably decrease. so with a big bet it only applies to a few participants who have large capital, but also large income

|   Facebook   |     Twitter     |                                       R A N G E R S                                       |    Discord    |    Medium    |
|    Telegram   |                                        ─────     PROTOCOL     ─────                                        |    Gitbook    |
████  ███  ██  █          VIRTUAL WORLDS BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE          █  ██  ███  ████
bileq
Legendary

View Profile
November 26, 2019, 04:45:28 PM
Merited by electronicash (2)

there will be 2 chain, eth1 (POW chain) will continues, and eth2 (POS chain) will created as beacon chain.
and there will be a smart contract on pow chain to send eth coins to pos chain. this chain is one direction and contract only has deposit method. so you can never take your coins back from pos chain to pow chain.

on pos chain 32 ether needed for validator account

https://blog.ethereum.org/2019/11/21/eth2-quick-update-no-4/
electronicash
Legendary

Merit: 1051

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2019, 05:15:03 PM

Well, at least the 32 ETH requirement is quite affordable compared to a DASH masternode. As long as ETH remains relatively low in price, anyone could easily afford 32 ETH with their Fiat currency of choice. The real deal would be if ETH rises to new ATHs across the market. Imagine how costly it would be to obtain 32 ETH with a price of over $1,000 per ETH. By then, only wealthy people will be able to effectively secure the ETH blockchain. For the rest, staking pools seems to be the way to go to make some "extra cash" with any amount of ETH held onto the service.

Nonetheless, the minimum requirement of 32 ETH can be left as is or lowered at will if devs decide to do so. After all, it's too early to talk about this since ETH is not a full-fledged PoS coin yet. Some say that ETH will turn into a hybrid coin (PoW + PoS) while others believe that Ethereum will adopt PoS in its entirety. If it turns out to become a hybrid coin, then it'll be a blast as there will be flexibility for people looking to support the ETH blockchain in every way. The ETH dev team should look for ways to maintain the blockchain as decentralized as possible instead of focusing on profit. Just my thoughts Grin

i've read the update so its a hybrid just like you said. will it help the network to enable more TPS?

what i'm saying though is that to secure the profit, you may want to wait first because every time a coin shifts to another algo, the price usually sinks. if you buy ETH today the price could be higher than what might it be after the POW. it could be less $100, so save some USD til you see what will happen. prices will always dip, some whales are going to drag its price down.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
▬▬▬▬▬
dnsokoljuk

Activity: 924
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2019, 06:40:17 PM

For sure! If staking will be lower - more peoples will enter this scheme. Furthemore - it will be a good effect for a price. A ot of people decide to buy ETH for receving their percents for a staking.
naska21

Activity: 1358
Merit: 635

View Profile
November 26, 2019, 06:54:20 PM

there will be 2 chain, eth1 (POW chain) will continues, and eth2 (POS chain) will created as beacon chain.
and there will be a smart contract on pow chain to send eth coins to pos chain. this chain is one direction and contract only has deposit method. so you can never take your coins back from pos chain to pow chain.

Read that update but didn't find any requirement on 32 ETH to launch validator contract. Could you be a more specific on that by providing the link to official source?
bileq
Legendary

View Profile
November 27, 2019, 08:38:30 AM
Last edit: November 27, 2019, 01:58:21 PM by bileq

Read that update but didn't find any requirement on 32 ETH to launch validator contract. Could you be a more specific on that by providing the link to official source?

actually, i am searching this 32eth for validator account argument. its rumour too Smiley its not announced official but on this message vitalik confirmed this rumours Smiley
https://twitter.com/vitalikbuterin/status/1002914813578637312
Chukwunonso

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 28, 2019, 03:25:13 AM

Shrimp holders can do a group staking same idea on a group buy. They just need a trusted person to hold and stake there funds on the ETH contract. They might decided to set the amount high so that it will not flood ETH network for too much mini transaction.

I still believe that shrimp holders will be more beneficial to this staking option. I doubt if individuals would risk 32 eth into a single staking program. Even the whales would find it difficult to invest such a sum considering the inherent nature of the industry. I would advise that they should reconsider the minimum amount of investment to attract more investors or better still, create a strategy that will help more ethereum holders to come into the fold.

On a second thought, I have a strong conviction that this staking program could contribute to an increase in the value of ethereum. I would personally love to see ethereum grow in value and compete rightly with Bitcoin.
VanDeinsberg12

Activity: 1540
Merit: 507

View Profile
November 28, 2019, 08:02:37 AM

actually, i am searching this 32eth for validator account argument. its rumour too Smiley its not announced official but on this message vitalik confirmed this rumours Smiley

If you are actively watching reddit and you can easily find an interesting discussion about why vitalik was taking 32 ethereum as the minimum requirements to be the validator.
https://www.reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/9zyv29/when_will_we_know_32_eth_for_pos_is_the_final/
It's clear if vitalik has been answering so many questions about that and it's not just only a rumour without argumentation.

.......[url]CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS...........[URL].....►  C O M I N G   S O O N.....
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 02, 2019, 07:51:09 PM

i've read the update so its a hybrid just like you said. will it help the network to enable more TPS?

what i'm saying though is that to secure the profit, you may want to wait first because every time a coin shifts to another algo, the price usually sinks. if you buy ETH today the price could be higher than what might it be after the POW. it could be less $100, so save some USD til you see what will happen. prices will always dip, some whales are going to drag its price down.

That's certainly true, mate. Ethereum's price could experience a short term increase in price as a result of its PoS upgrade. However, it could quickly decline in price as hype comes to an end. This is the same as Zcash where it reached an ATH of over $5k per coin, just to be valued at nearly $40 per coin today. The steep decline in price, has left many early investors financially bankrupt. The smart people would buy ETH a couple of months after the PoS upgrade is released. Only then, they'll be able to obtain the minimum 32 ETH for staking at the lowest prices possible.

Considering that PoS hasn't even launched yet, it may be too early to tell if the 32 ETH requirement will be fixed or changed over time. If I were part of the dev team, I would encourage the decentralization of the network as much as possible. Setting a dynamic requirement instead of a fixed amount, could prove to be ideal in a highly-volatile crypto market. Imagine if 1 ETH would've cost $500. It would take the average person $16,000 to secure the ETH blockchain for the foreseeable future. While there's still the choice of staking pools, the number of participants in ETH's consensus will be very low increasing the chance of centralization.

Nonetheless, if ETH remains a hybrid cryptocurrency forever, then there would be no need to worry about the required number of coins for staking. People who can't afford 32 ETH, could simply resort to mining the cryptocurrency with GPUs. This will maintain the decentralization of the underlying blockchain for many years to come. But if ETH goes full PoS, the decentralized model of the blockchain will be put at risk threating the security of the world's second largest cryptocurrency by market cap. Just my opinion Smiley

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
jacafbiz

Activity: 2072
Merit: 529

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
December 02, 2019, 09:21:24 PM

I don't think the 32Ethers is much if you want to stake, they need to make it worthwhile for the stakers, if you stake over $5000 in asset the ROI on investment need to be significant to encourage more people to stake. I believe there would be services that would offer staking for those that do not have 32Ethers to stake. Just like that of Dash shared Masternodes

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
poornamelessme

View Profile
December 03, 2019, 01:38:46 AM

I don't think the 32Ethers is much if you want to stake, they need to make it worthwhile for the stakers, if you stake over $5000 in asset the ROI on investment need to be significant to encourage more people to stake. I believe there would be services that would offer staking for those that do not have 32Ethers to stake. Just like that of Dash shared Masternodes

That's why I don't think the argument that 32 ETH is too high makes much sense. Just go with a service or pool or something similar for those who have less. We aren't talking about insane amounts of money regardless ... this isn't like 1M, what a Dash node used to cost.
BitcoinHunt3r
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 1155

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2019, 03:48:04 AM

That's why I don't think the argument that 32 ETH is too high makes much sense. Just go with a service or pool or something similar for those who have less. We aren't talking about insane amounts of money regardless ... this isn't like 1M, what a Dash node used to cost.
Maybe it all because a lot of people already expect that they will stake their coin with any amount of ETH. And then with this amount, and people don't know maybe there are service or pool for they who have less (honestly i just know it too because read your post), will complain about it. At first, i think 32 ETH is a big amount too because maybe there are a lot of people who can't afford that amount of ETH.

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
rez303

Activity: 338

StartFi

View Profile
December 03, 2019, 04:12:46 AM

Historically, staking a lot of coins is a common thing. reducing it is impossible because its default mechanism is so and this game is only for the rich. That $ 5,780 symbolizes that you spend money to mine coins but you don't lose your electricity or land rental costs. you will be much more profitable and so will the business doing staking. So that is a very normal level.

S t a r t F i     ▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▄     SELL YOUR CONTENT, START YOUR LIFE     ▀▄  ▀▄▄▄▄▄     S t a r t F i
|    WEBSITE   | WHITEPAPER |   TL GROUP   | TL CHANNEL |    TWITTER    |    MEDIUM    |
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE  ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
rose9696

Activity: 770

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
December 03, 2019, 04:15:39 AM

I think it is quite expensive for me and the poor. and I have heard more about the new staking information that the more people who deposit the money into the staking system, the more rewarded they will be than those with less money. There is mechanism that will be blocks with more ETH will have more slots to handle blocks => have more bonuses. This is truly an injustice for us.

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
TanakabZX

Activity: 504
Merit: 16

View Profile
December 03, 2019, 05:12:24 AM

Not everyone will be able to start staking eth because of its minimum requirement of 32ETH, honestly its way too much, i don't see how this will help because if the minimum is 5ETH it will be easier for people like me and Eth stakers will be many as well

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
naska21

Activity: 1358
Merit: 635

View Profile
December 03, 2019, 02:44:20 PM

Hm...one and half year old message... , that could change at the end. From where I sit....the minimum of 10 ETH for staking  would be more fair deal.
poornamelessme

View Profile
December 04, 2019, 08:43:36 PM

Maybe it all because a lot of people already expect that they will stake their coin with any amount of ETH. And then with this amount, and people don't know maybe there are service or pool for they who have less (honestly i just know it too because read your post), will complain about it. At first, i think 32 ETH is a big amount too because maybe there are a lot of people who can't afford that amount of ETH.

The thing I don't get is why it even matters. If someone has say, 10 ETH, and gets 5% a year, so then he has a earned a mighty .5 ETH on an investment that can change in value at a greater rate than 5% daily. And if we pretend things remain stable, that half an ETH is worth a mighty $75 or so (currently). It's not enough to get riled up about. The only way it'll matter is with huge sums of ETH (and then 32 ETH is nothing), or if ETH goes to insane prices. But in that case, just time the market right to sell and you'll be better off.

As coins that are staking will be locked up in the early phases. With smaller amounts, one probably would be better off trading than staking.
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 05, 2019, 08:41:36 PM

Historically, staking a lot of coins is a common thing. reducing it is impossible because its default mechanism is so and this game is only for the rich. That $ 5,780 symbolizes that you spend money to mine coins but you don't lose your electricity or land rental costs. you will be much more profitable and so will the business doing staking. So that is a very normal level.

If you're able to achieve ROI in the long run, then the 32 ETH requirement is fine. Then main issue would be ETH's price across the crypto market. At current prices, 32 ETH may not seem like much in terms of USD, but it could be a lot of money once prices start to rise on the market. While there's still the choice of staking pools, the profit you'll earn will never the same as staking with 32 ETH. We're still early from experiencing a PoS version of Ethereum, though. In the long run, devs could either decide to lower or increment the ETH requirement depending on the community's approval.

As many have said earlier, ETH will be a hybrid cryptocurrency which is a plus for maintaining decentralization. If it remains a hybrid crypto for the foreseeable future, people will have a choice to either stake or mine ETH greatly encouraging the decentralization of the entire network. Even the 32 ETH requirement seems to be much more affordable than 1000 DASH for a masternode. So I've figured that there may be no reason to worry about the staking requirements for ETH as long as the cryptocurrency remains self-sustainable for years to come. Just my opinion Smiley

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
GeorgeFeb

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 05, 2019, 09:13:44 PM

There are will be staking pools for sure.
And 32eth is not so much actually if we are talking about real investment

Wouldn't mind to have at least this amount, lol!

joshua123

Activity: 527
Merit: 113

View Profile
December 06, 2019, 01:34:38 AM

There are will be staking pools for sure.
And 32eth is not so much actually if we are talking about real investment

Wouldn't mind to have at least this amount, lol!

Actually for a good investment this isn't bad. Currently the price of eth is $147 and if you would be needing 32eth you will consume $4,704 in my country this money is so huge already and some will be scare to send spread some money on their pocket. But knowing Eth has POS blockchain this something new and will probably change the eth route either price increase or depleted.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: