Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:18:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Forget Bitcoin Halving!  (Read 754 times)
Debonaire217 (OP)

Activity: 644
Merit: 364

In Code We Trust

View Profile
November 02, 2019, 06:09:38 AM
Merited by Reid (1), JC btc (1)

Reference: https://www.forbes.com/sites/billybambrough/2019/10/31/forget-the-halvingcould-this-be-what-sends-bitcoin-soaring-next-year/#2ede27653062

Here are the list of hot news for the past weeks that might impact the bitcoin's market price, volume and adoption.

1. Bitcoin Halving in 2020
2. Implementation of bitcoin to the largest coffee shop (Starbucks)
3. Bitcoin Vs Gold
(I do not include Libra since it don't have direct impact on bitcoin)

In my opinion, through this news about bitcoin, we don't have any reason to leave, or take our money out of the market. What we need is to be prepared for bitcoins market price that will surely soar high any time soon.

We should believe that:
there's no impossible market price that bitcoin cannot achieve.
there's no way government or other party can turn bitcoin down.
nothing can stop bitcoin to help those in needs
bitcoin can be the solution to poor economy
bitcoin will unite the world and make it as one

This might be too pro bitcoin post again. But I know I am doing my best to help bitcoin and crypto in my way.
should you have any opinions about it, post it below.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
joinfree

Activity: 1246
Merit: 260

1A6nybMUHYKS6E6Z3eJFm4KpVDdev8BAJL

View Profile
November 02, 2019, 06:22:08 AM

Reference: https://www.forbes.com/sites/billybambrough/2019/10/31/forget-the-halvingcould-this-be-what-sends-bitcoin-soaring-next-year/#2ede27653062

Here are the list of hot news for the past weeks that might impact the bitcoin's market price, volume and adoption.

3. Bitcoin Vs Gold

In my opinion, through this news about bitcoin, we don't have any reason to leave, or take our money out of the market. What we need is to be prepared for bitcoins market price that will surely soar high any time soon.
Unless you have not really monitored the crypto market during any of the bitcoin halvings because only then would you say we should forget bitcoin halving. having users making purchases of coffee through star bucks would definitely affect the crypto market in a positive way but not as much as bitcoin halving. This i believe need to be set clear and so many crypto enthusiasts are aware of this information hence the more anxious we are about it.  Grin

Crypto Enthusiast supporting innovative ideas for the Liberalization of the world from the Centralized Institutions.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
November 02, 2019, 06:26:55 AM

bitcoin adoption is growing and that is the only reason why its price have ever increased and will continue to increase. in other words you should never even think about halving because halving has nothing to do with adoption (aka demand) but only influences the supply.
things such as adoption of bitcoin by a big chain like Starbucks is a good indication of adoption and that is also helping it in the future (the growth of it) which is why it is important for the price rise.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
Oasisman

Activity: 2604
Merit: 549

Rollbit

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2019, 06:30:47 AM
Last edit: November 02, 2019, 08:52:06 AM by Oasisman

Oh no man! Nobody ever gets to forget the Bitcoin halving that's gonna come our way on May 2020.
Sure anything positive in the crypto market like implementing a consumer app to pay Bitcoin for coffee purchase in Starbucks, will make a huge impact, specially with the price. But , If you take a look how the 1st and 2nd halving took where the market now, you wont be able to resist from remembering how remarkable the Bitcoin reward halving is.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Devawnm367

Activity: 1022
Merit: 144

Penguin Party 🐟

View Profile
November 02, 2019, 07:15:15 AM

I agree I do not think the recent BTC price surge had anything to do with the upcoming Bitcoin halving.  I believe it is just the whales controlling the market, trying to fill there bags as much as possible. With more companies accepting it everyday and Bakkt. We should see greater all time highs very soon. But I believe we will see 8k atleast 1 more time before the next big ralley!

𝕻𝖊𝖓𝖌𝖚𝖎𝖓 𝕾𝖜𝛼𝖕
PENGUIN PARTY BAITSHOP!
Swap, Pool, Stake, or Vote
n0ne

Activity: 2562
Merit: 548

8ombard - Pick, Play, Prosper!

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2019, 07:19:29 AM

The adoption of bitcoin by one amongst the leader in the chained network of coffee shops happened long back. This has made some impact over the price of bitcoin. The recent price pumping is much associated with the President of China giving a speech about adopting blockchain technology and the news from China's People's Bank to develop their own cryptocurrency.

█████▄▄██
███▄█████
██▄███████▄
████████████████
███▀██████████▀
██▄████████████▄
░█████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
████▀████████▀████
▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████▀███████▄████
███████▀▀▄▄▄█████
███████████████▀
████████████▀▀
OMBARD.com|.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████░██░████░██
▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
██████████████
▄▄░▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀
██░██░██████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
PICK,
PLAY,
PROSPER!

██████
██████████
██████████
██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████   ██
PROVABLY
FAIR
1%█████████████████   ██
HOUSE
EDGE
100%█████████████████   ██
DEPOSIT
BONUS
  Play now  
skarais
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 2096

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2019, 07:38:26 AM

~Skip
We should believe that:
~Skip
You have the right to make assumptions about this, but the reality is that the government continues to monitor and make regulations related to bitcoin and not only in one country, but many countries do it. One of the governments rejection that I experienced was that bitcoin can not be used as one of the legal payment systems, only as an investment asset and a store of value in the commodity market.
Bitcoin may be able to unite the world through the innovation that is in it as one of the payment systems, but I believe it is very difficult to achieve in the near future. More time and effort is needed to increase bitcoin adoption globally.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
CryptoBry

Activity: 1008
Merit: 355

View Profile
November 02, 2019, 07:44:44 AM

What is clear to me is that all the factors cited above played their contributing roles in pushing the price of Bitcoin up. Heard about convergence? It is when many things happen to be present at the same time. That could be the very reason why. Now, some can argue with this but taking one reason and giving it the main credit is just absurd.

The coming rewards halving in 2020 is always a big factor but this is going to be an ongoing one which is pushing more people to buy Bitcoin and holding them. Can we not add that as a factor also, even at a minimal level?

And don't forget the reaction of the market to the statement of China's President Xi Jinping on blockchain technology, though no mention of Bitcoin there but people started to see the light of the possibility of soon opening the country for Bitcoin. There are times when market can be acting this way, even irrational if we look at it closely.
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
November 02, 2019, 12:04:30 PM

people are putting too much faith into things such as halving but OP is putting no faith in it and in my opinion both are equally wrong. halving is an important event for bitcoin, it is cutting the block reward (miner's revenue) in half in one action and it has always been the topic for a lot of discussion. it will have a tremendous effect on the price.

as for others , they are excellent news and they will ALSO contribute to the rise that we will continue seeing from this point forward.
in fact i believe that all these positive news are the reasons for the recent drop and lack of rise due to a lot of manipulation. whale accumulators don't want to let the price go up before they are done accumulating.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
teosanru

Activity: 2100
Merit: 618

View Profile
November 02, 2019, 12:13:47 PM

This might be too pro bitcoin post again. But I know I am doing my best to help bitcoin and crypto in my way.
I just want to ask you how can it be a solution to a poor economy? Can you please explain your plan on how can bitcoin lead to an equivalent distribution of assets? Moreover uniting the world is a myth. This world has existed and excelled due to competition and fight between two different communities. No matter on what basis these communities are divided but there will always be some sort of division which people will draw from other people. It isn't only a pro bitcoin post but a post drawing hypothetical situation not practical at all.
error08

Activity: 1036
Merit: 514

View Profile
November 02, 2019, 12:29:15 PM

Since the most rational way to measure the real bitcoin price is mining costs efficiency and miners get bitcoin for every block solved to pay the mining costs, so that the halving really has a great impact on bitcoin price as the block rewards reduce to BTC6.25, which mean the price should increase to cover the cost of mining. Bitcoin adoption is another story, but the impact of bitcoin price can't be measured precisely as the trends in the community determine the price and whales could easily manipulate bitcoin price.
jootn2kx

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

Estimated.Pro - Crypto Signals. Free.

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2019, 12:56:45 PM

3. Bitcoin Vs Gold

We should believe that:

Bitcoin halving events in the past have led to some of the biggest price surges in the coin's history. Well, apart from the one in 2017, that was pure hype. The point is, not a lot of people are going to forget about it. It is an important event, after all. Just think how much it matters to miners, and you'll understand what i mean.

ESTIMATED.PRO
PERSONALIZED PREDICTIONS LIST ACCURACY CHECK REVIEWS AI-BASED PREDICTIONS TOP COINS TO BUY TOP COINS TO SELL
Kyraishi

Activity: 952
Merit: 513

View Profile
November 02, 2019, 12:58:20 PM

Don't think we will ever be able to forget the bitcoin halving - it's likely the biggest thing since ICO's where discovered and became huge.

This is a bit of an interesting story though, from the Forbes article it looks like it's still in development and I am getting a lot of Libra vibes off them. Already several large company partners, wanting to bring to consumers bitcoin, seems pretty similar.

At least this time it's Bakkt, not Facebook, so it has a great chance for success.

Hamphser

Activity: 2478
Merit: 326

View Profile
November 02, 2019, 01:15:25 PM

Since the most rational way to measure the real bitcoin price is mining costs efficiency and miners get bitcoin for every block solved to pay the mining costs, so that the halving really has a great impact on bitcoin price as the block rewards reduce to BTC6.25, which mean the price should increase to cover the cost of mining. Bitcoin adoption is another story, but the impact of bitcoin price can't be measured precisely as the trends in the community determine the price and whales could easily manipulate bitcoin price.
Halving will help the bitcoin price to grow because it will affect the demand and supply. That's why we will never gonna forget the halving since we only have two months left and in May 2020 the start of bitcoin halving. No one knows maybe at Q1 or Q2 in 2020 the bull market will start and that would be the time that most investors are waiting to come.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Memminger

Activity: 540
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 02, 2019, 01:23:40 PM

I agree I do not think the recent BTC price surge had anything to do with the upcoming Bitcoin halving.  I believe it is just the whales controlling the market, trying to fill there bags as much as possible. With more companies accepting it everyday and Bakkt. We should see greater all time highs very soon. But I believe we will see 8k atleast 1 more time before the next big ralley!
To think that Bitcoin halving had anything to do with the price surge is quiet ridiculous. You could say that it affects less (which I don't believe so) but it is true though that it is not just about the halving but rather the collection of good news flooding in like what the OP had stated in his post. Halving is quiet remarkable in a way that it would definitely change the market and would attract a lot of attention among the cryptocurrency enthusiasts in general.
Beparanf

Activity: 2758
Merit: 761

Burpaaa

View Profile
November 02, 2019, 01:32:06 PM

There is really no reason to released our BTC now especially we know that even there are no events upcoming it is able to arise so what more if those events mentioned by OP will about to happen next year, halving can give huge impact and Starbucks if they will promote or give example discount or bonus to gain additional BTC adoption thru them.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
samcrypto

Activity: 2044
Merit: 314

Vave.com - Crypto Casino

View Profile
November 02, 2019, 01:36:49 PM

There is really no reason to released our BTC now especially we know that even there are no events upcoming it is able to arise so what more if those events mentioned by OP will about to happen next year, halving can give huge impact and Starbucks if they will promote or give example discount or bonus to gain additional BTC adoption thru them.
BAKKT will help Starbucks on their adoption and hopefully they succeed on this one. Its true that we should keep our bitcoin while its cheap, don’t sold yet because the best will soon come to us. Halving will still create a big impact especially on the miners and if the miners see this as a disadvantage, we might still see the deep because of this. We have to remain subjective hear every news and don’t predict too much, always play safe this is the best rule for a small investor like me.

rdluffy
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1304

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2019, 01:38:14 PM

It's very good news to make us more confident, but I don't exactly the impact in price, I'm just skeptical about one item:

In my opinion, people always like the idea of companies accepting BTC, but no one pays with BTC and companies stop the support  Huh Huh Huh

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK  
          100%   MULTICHARGER  
Lucius
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 5635

Blackjack.fun-Free Raffle-Join&Win $50🎲

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2019, 02:10:46 PM

With 30 000 stores around the world Starbucks can serve as a great testing platform for Bitcoin payments. While it is not yet clear whether this service will only be available in the US or worldwide, the question is whether US customers will be interested in paying for coffee with BTC. I say this for the reason that, as far as I know, every purchase in crypto is taxable - so it would be a little odd that every coffee purchased would have to be extra taxed.

In my opinion, halving is something which is sure to happen sometime in May, and Bakkt/Starbucks is something that may and may not happen next year. Halving will certainly have an impact on the price as has been the case so far, and I disagree that it just needs to be forgotten.

Regarding Bitcoin&Gold, only the link mentioned by the author of the article is that gold is/was store of value and today it becomes payment method, but where? Try to go to the store or pay bills with gold - but we have thousands of places where it is possible to use Bitcoin as a payment method. Bitcoin is already better than gold, but most are not yet aware of that.

.BLACKJACK ♠ FUN.
█████████
██████████████
████████████
█████████████████
████████████████▄▄
░█████████████▀░▀▀
██████████████████
░██████████████
████████████████
░██████████████
████████████
███████████████░██
██████████
CRYPTO CASINO &
SPORTS BETTING
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
▀███████████████▀
█████████
Shasha80

Activity: 1876
Merit: 318

View Profile
November 02, 2019, 02:11:26 PM

I personally will not forget bitcoin halving in 2020, because as we know in the previous halving event how it influences
its rise to the price of bitcoin is really surprising. So from that halving may 2020 will be the peak price of bitcoin too.
It's not that I underestimate the news about Starbucks adopting bitcoin, but the question is how much influence
to bitcoin prices. And I'm very sure halving will have more effect on raising the price of bitcoin than starbucks adopted
bitcoin. We'll see how it goes.

BIGGEST AND MOST
TRUSTED FULLY LICENSED
CRYPTO CASINO
▄▄▄▄█▄█▄▄▄▄
▄█████████████▄
███▀▀███████▀▀███
█▀      ▀█▀      ▀█
███████████████████
███████████████████
█████████████████
███████████████