Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:18:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Just moved half of my funds off Bitstamp back into nice safe and warm Bank Konto  (Read 6704 times)
Cassius
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 09:30:08 PM

Elliot Wave is hocus pocus. You might as well throw darts at a board instead.

Even if elliot wave has any truth to it, it won't apply to bitcoin. Why? Bitcoin is not a fluid market. You have 100 people who control between 1/3rd to 1/2 of all coins, add another 200 people and that most likely jumps to 3/4th's. Basically, out of the estimated 500k bitcoin holders the absolute vast majority hold the equivalent of zero. Elliot Wave's won't work on such a manipulated market. Even die hard bitcoin believer's had no qualms about cashing out into evil fiat at $1200.

Why are you here? That's the second thread I've seen your trolling on in 10 minutes.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
GigaCoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

Giga

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 11:16:01 PM

in times like these it certainly does feel nice and cosy to have ur fiat back at your bank account  Smiley

its your decision ofcourse, I'm still holding my coins, personally i don't blame you or anyone for cashing out given the bleak circumstances

Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 11:21:39 PM

Streets, blood.

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
master-P

Activity: 868
Merit: 1001

https://keybase.io/masterp FREE Escrow Service

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2014, 04:46:31 AM

If the banking system collapses, then btc price will collapse too. Btc demand is fueled mostly by wires of fiat from bank accounts from speculators.

Shusht!

Be quiet!

You're not meant to say these things! People on this place actually think that Bitcoin is a hedge against collapse of USD and that when the USD actually does collapse, that we are all going to happily exchange things of real value and use for lines of algorithmic computer code backed by no real commodity and backed by absolutely no standing authority! Those of us that have most of these lines of code are going to be the richest!

Looking at the threads on the speculation forum now. One is talking about $1000 BTC, another $10k, and a third mentions $1 million bitcoins. And there's a few people on there saying $1 million is a conservative estimate.  I agree with your sentiments above. While I do see potential in bitcoin, a lot of people seem to be delusionally bullish.

Master-P's Free Escrow Service | 1% Fee for Multi-Party/Sig Campaigns | I Sign ALL of my addresses using PGP Key: https://keybase.io/masterp Verify
Tipping Address: 14PUWBwK854GLenxSa7MAuxXQUXK4DKKi5 | E-mail: masterp.bitcointalk {at} gmail {dot} com (for when/if the forum's offline)
Guide on How to Sign a Message
Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 01:06:45 PM

If the banking system collapses, then btc price will collapse too. Btc demand is fueled mostly by wires of fiat from bank accounts from speculators.

Shusht!

Be quiet!

You're not meant to say these things! People on this place actually think that Bitcoin is a hedge against collapse of USD and that when the USD actually does collapse, that we are all going to happily exchange things of real value and use for lines of algorithmic computer code backed by no real commodity and backed by absolutely no standing authority! Those of us that have most of these lines of code are going to be the richest!

Looking at the threads on the speculation forum now. One is talking about $1000 BTC, another $10k, and a third mentions $1 million bitcoins. And there's a few people on there saying $1 million is a conservative estimate.  I agree with your sentiments above. While I do see potential in bitcoin, a lot of people seem to be delusionally bullish.
Yeah, can you imagine reaching dollar parity? LOLOL!

fcmatt
Legendary

Activity: 2072

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 06:00:19 PM

Shusht!

Be quiet!

Speculators have an easier time, psych wise, dealing with a dollar per btc. They can work with that in their heads. They can also justify several or a few hundred dollars per btc. That is still low enough to suck in speculators to keep the price up or stable. But once you get past 800 dollars per btc you are talking a lot of money for a normal joe. Like a weeks worth of labor to buy a bitcoin. That is when fresh blood is hard to find unless mania sets in. Tulip mania.

Look at lottery ticket prices in the US as a good example of what the market bears before tickets dont sell. Btc is very close to that.
Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 07:21:55 PM

Shusht!

Be quiet!

Looking at the threads on the speculation forum now. One is talking about $1000 BTC, another $10k, and a third mentions $1 million bitcoins. And there's a few people on there saying $1 million is a conservative estimate.  I agree with your sentiments above. While I do see potential in bitcoin, a lot of people seem to be delusionally bullish.

Speculators have an easier time, psych wise, dealing with a dollar per btc. They can work with that in their heads. They can also justify several or a few hundred dollars per btc. That is still low enough to suck in speculators to keep the price up or stable. But once you get past 800 dollars per btc you are talking a lot of money for a normal joe. Like a weeks worth of labor to buy a bitcoin. That is when fresh blood is hard to find unless mania sets in. Tulip mania.

Look at lottery ticket prices in the US as a good example of what the market bears before tickets dont sell. Btc is very close to that.
Bullshit. Speculators make money by not being braindead like the rest of the masses.

fcmatt
Legendary

Activity: 2072

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 04:14:50 AM

Shusht!

Be quiet!

Looking at the threads on the speculation forum now. One is talking about $1000 BTC, another $10k, and a third mentions $1 million bitcoins. And there's a few people on there saying $1 million is a conservative estimate.  I agree with your sentiments above. While I do see potential in bitcoin, a lot of people seem to be delusionally bullish.

Bullshit. Speculators make money by not being braindead like the rest of the masses.

I dont think a non brain dead speculator would jump into this btc market right now. They would wait for a definite barrier being breached. In other words a clear rally to get in on the upswing. This means to me the price of a bitcoin lottery ticket is still too high. Joe Average aint gonna toss 500+ plus dollars around for a coin. Speculators arent excited yet. This train is heading south. Sub 500 in a few weeks easy.

Pysch wise... The current price in this atmosphere is poison for bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: