Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 06:32:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What Beagle Board /control board do i have? Antminer S9 ?  (Read 192 times)
Dragonizer (OP)

Activity: 279
Merit: 107

View Profile
November 04, 2019, 07:38:32 PM
Last edit: November 05, 2019, 12:48:26 AM by frodocooper

Hi

After being informed that the latest S9 FW that allows under/overclock i noticed that it speculates it only works on certain control boards.

How do i know what type of board do i have? I can see nothing printed on the Control Board?

It stated on the FW page '7010 xilinx control board, not for C5 control board.' ?

LINK - https://service.bitmain.com/support/download?product=Antminer%20S9

Do i have to look at the Bagle Board or are the details somewhere in the miners log?

THanks Guys.

Also i would like to add that the FW i asked for Here - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5198341.0 is NOT Either of the Bitmains FW that are in the link provided.

It is nothing like it at all. It contains NO autotune, no individual chip freq/temps. you ONLY get to adjust  how you want to over/underclock it.

It is by FAR the best FW i have used!

It also has no way of altering each card/chain frew/voltage all you get is what is in the pic i firstly posted, below again  -

https://imgur.com/a/66apTET

It is the simplest/,ost reliable FW i have ever used.

Cheers.
mikeywith
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 6405

be constructive or S.T.F.U

View Profile
November 04, 2019, 09:31:33 PM

How do i know what type of board do i have? I can see nothing printed on the Control Board?

It stated on the FW page '7010 xilinx control board, not for C5 control board.' ?

Check the kernel log , there is a line where it states the control board type

Code:
1970-01-01 00:00:53 driver-btm-soc.c:6529:bitmain_soc_init: Detect 256MB control board of XILINX

I have seen a dozen of antminer S9, never had a C5 version, and i assume they are rare, so you most likely have XILINX.

is NOT Either of the Bitmains FW that are in the link provided.
https://imgur.com/a/66apTET

you are confusing yourself and everyone else reading this, the firmware you refer to is indeed Bitmain's default firmware , the latest two firmware on their website have all the features you talk about, the image you uploaded also confirms it, i am not sure why do you keep insisting on the theory that it's a different firmware  Huh

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Dragonizer (OP)

View Profile
November 05, 2019, 08:14:50 PM

It is a totally different FW, i have put both Bitmains ones on 2 machines and it is nothing like the one i was looking for.

The bitmain FWs have control for each board does have the optpn BUT it also allows you to alter each board/chain freq/voltage etc.

The one i took a pick off ONLY gives you the option to alter the hashrate, NOTHING else, it is the only option available and very simple ascan be seen in link.

Cheers
mikeywith
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 6405

be constructive or S.T.F.U

View Profile
November 05, 2019, 09:36:04 PM
Last edit: November 06, 2019, 02:39:56 AM by frodocooper

Dude, it's either you are smoking something too strong, or I am going insane  Grin

below is a screenshot from one of my S9s running bitmain 2019 firmware

it is 100% identical to the firmware you showed, now let's say I have lost my mind and have no idea what I am talking about, here is a link from the official bitmain website https://support.bitmain.com/hc/en-us/articles/360023715154-Instructions-of-new-multi-option-firmware

check the images from the multi-option , compare mine , the one from bitmain and yours here > https://i.imgur.com/WEqoFHR.png

how are these any different ?

the firmware you describing , in which you are able to tune each hash board individually is not from bitmain, to my knowledge, bitmain never released a firmware that would allow you to play with the voltage/frequency for every single board, I am willing to bet my first born that they haven't done it, and they never will.

here is what I think :

your PC / miner are either infected with a virus or hijacked, whatever firmware you have running is not from bitmain, the fake firmware gives you the "firmware update successful" when it's not , i don't know how you got that firmware, maybe you used a fake download link , there are many possibles , non is certain, but what is certain here is that the  firmware  which you think belongs to bitmain does not, and the once you think doesn't belong to bitmain does.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Dragonizer (OP)

View Profile
November 05, 2019, 10:53:44 PM

Your right mate, the miner i flashed did not take the Bitmain FW for some reason?

I'm not sure where the current FW on the miner come from tbh, it was already on it when i purchased it.

Which one of the top two FW's did you use?, the second one down seems to have more functions plus is a larger 42.18MB file=
2.S9 multi-option user firmware which provides the options that can increase the hash rate or decrease the power consumption. It is only for 7010 xilinx control board, not for C5 control board.

I need to now its the correct one as i only have one chance"""

https://service.bitmain.com/support/download?product=Antminer%20S9

Sorry for the confusion and for explaining, showing me a screenshot.

Cheers
PassThePopcorn

Activity: 465
Merit: 309

View Profile
November 11, 2019, 07:55:29 PM
Last edit: November 12, 2019, 01:08:36 AM by frodocooper

I have seen a dozen of antminer S9, never had a C5 version, and i assume they are rare, so you most likely have XILINX.

The C5 was a very very old (think first / second version) of the S9. The likely-hood of it being a C5 is very low.

@OP
You can always factory reset with the SD card flash if you don't like it, personally I don't like the newer restricted versions.

As for which you use, many here will say the same thing
1. Does what you currently have work -> if yes don't do anything
2. If it doesn't work try something else.
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 2549

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
November 11, 2019, 08:44:06 PM
Last edit: November 12, 2019, 01:09:02 AM by frodocooper

The OP mentions a BeagleBoard -- if their S9 has one (as a daughter board plugged onto the main control board) then yes it is from the first few batches. The BB was used up to batch-5 and it was with batch-6 that they started using the 1-piece XILINX control board.

If they do have one of those old batch-1 thru 5 miners they also need to be aware that the hash boards are different: They have no Vcore regulators and instead are directly fed from the PSU. Given that, there is NO way to change the Vcore voltage as can be done on later versions that have the on-board regulators.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: