Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:10:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Build a bankroll with pool and system sport betting  (Read 89 times)
pleasureteam (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 207
Merit: 32

View Profile
November 04, 2019, 07:47:47 PM

Hey guys,

I am part of SmashTheBookie, a small group of friends pooling money together in sport bets. We all screwed up in the past by playing individually and now we have teamed up for over 2 years and bet on sports as a small syndicate (team) ever since.

We also have a smashthebookie thread in gambling discussion and we have a giveaway thread in the games and round section also.
This thread will only be a reference to show how we bet and results we make. Of course I will not guarantee any profits but by playing system bets and pool bets you can decrease the variance cause you do not loose entirely when 1 of your picks is wrong.

So this thread will be some kind of journal to keep track of this account progress.

Account details

·Starting bankroll is 600€
·Betting platform is Betfair.com
·Betting types pool betting and system betting

What is pool betting?

Pool betting is some kind of lottery kind sport betting. A pool bet gives you predetermined picks to choose from. You have to pick 1x2, under/over, both teams to score, correct score,... depending on the pool that is offered by the platform.
Every pool has a guaranteed prize pool just like in lotteries. And payouts are a little similar as well. Jackpot is shared amongst all the winners and just like in lotteries, the less winners the more you can win.

The reason why we play pool bets is because you can win massive jackpots for smaller amounts. For as less as 2€ you can participate in jackpots up to 1,000,000€ in the weekly pick 6.

In the picture you see a couple pool bets we participated I the previous months.

What are system bets?

System bets are a way of betting on multiple different games and still have the opportunity to make profit or get break even, even when 1 or 2 games are wrong.
The most common system bet we play are Super Heinz or Goliath bets.

A Goliath bet consists out of 8 different games. By choosing the goliath system the system creates a ticket with every possible double up to 8-fold bet. So if you put up a goliath bet you will actually have 247 different bets. And from the moment 2 games are correct you are already making returns. Even in some cases you will get break even, even when 3 picks are wrong.

Reason why we play system bets is to decrease the variance. Everyone knows that playing parlays often results in a 1 bet loss. When you get 1 leg wrong in a parlay the entire ticket is lost. But a system bet is also some kind of parlay but this one keeps making money even when 1-2-3 selections are wrong.
Check below for examples. You see 1 or 2 selections were wrong in this system bets. In a normal parlay you would have lost the entire ticket but as you see because of using system bets we still were able to make profits. Profits made with 1 or 2 wrong selections aren't that big but at least a profit was made and not the entire ticket got lost. So by doing system bets you can keep a better control on your bankroll and decrease variance.

Examples of system bets that were profitable even with 1 or 2 selections wrong.

So lets give this a try. As told above the starting bankroll is 600€ and lets see where it will bring us.

If someone is interested in joining our group after seeing some results just go to our smashthebookie thread or our thread in games and rounds. We always are willing to welcome new members to our 'syndicate'.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pleasureteam (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
November 04, 2019, 07:59:51 PM

A little one to warm up a little.

Some explanation.

This pool bet is a pick 5 1X2.
The initial prize pool for this pool bet is 5,000€ if you play 2€ per line but I decided to play 0.2€ (0.1 unit) for this one.

I strategically picked 4 first games 3 way. so no matter what the first 4 games are correct no matter what happens in the game. This is a little gamble and hoping there are a couple weird results which will decrease the amount of units that are in the running to win a share of the jackpot.
Also very interesting in this pool bets are. During half time and after the end of the game there also is a cash out option. So while the ticket is running you can already lock some profits.

Recently we had a 17,000€ winning ticket. We played for 500€. during the games we locked already 1,000€ and couple games later another 4,000€. then we decided to let the rest run until the end of the ticket and luckily we grabbed another 12,000€. So pool betting also is a little bit of calculation and keeping a close eye on the amounts of units in play after every leg and having an upfront look on how those units are divided over the next games. In this way you can calculate wether it is worthwhile to take a CashOut or not
pleasureteam (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
November 04, 2019, 08:01:33 PM

Small teaser. This was result of a yesterday small syndicate we joined. Our team contributed only 2€ and we cashed 22€ in that syndicate which is 11x our stake.

tyKiwanuka
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1670

#birdgang

View Profile
November 04, 2019, 08:20:58 PM

We all screwed up in the past by playing individually

This is no wonder Smiley Judging by one of your posts....

I would say skip German leagues to go under 2.5 goals. German and for example dutch leagues are known for lots of goals.

....you seem to have no idea about value and the importance of odds vs probabilty when doing sportsbetting.

Super Heinz or Goliaths are not made for lowish odds, you should play high(er) odds with those systems. Just one losing selection makes you barely go breakeven, two losing selections put you already in the red. System bets are fun and can bring you huge money with low stakes, but building a bankroll with them is pretty ambitious - especially when you are using the wrong bets/odds with them.

Anyway, good luck and don't forget to post some losing bets inbetween as well, so people don't get a wrong impression here Wink

.....wie die Zeit fliegt.....
pleasureteam (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
November 04, 2019, 08:36:39 PM

Super Heinz or Goliaths are not made for lowish odds, you should play high(er) odds with those systems. Just one losing selection makes you barely go breakeven, two losing selections put you already in the red. System bets are fun and can bring you huge money with low stakes, but building a bankroll with them is pretty ambitious - especially when you are using the wrong bets/odds with them.

Anyway, good luck and don't forget to post some losing bets inbetween as well, so people don't get a wrong impression here Wink
[/quote]

yeah those ones where just as an example that you can still make profits if selections are wrong. We know that most money can be won and ticket be profitable if odds are higher. Lower odds indeed get less opportunity to get break even when 1 our more selections are wrong. We personally also love system bets most with odds all between 1.7 up to 2.2/2.5. they can give most value.

but will definitely show loosing bets as well. the above were just meant as an example. You can never win 100% of your bets.

About not knowing value and importance of odds versus probability. I am long enough in sport betting to know that importance. I use multiple value betting softwares that track most valuable picks compared to probability. I am for example using rebelbetting software on a daily basis to track value bets on my registered bookies.
So its not up to you to judge me just on a post.

About your quote about one of my replies. thats only my opinion. I personally do not like playing unders in German and dutch leagues. But thats  a personal opinion. I had most of my under successes in for example French league 1 and 2 and Spanish second division. But not playing them that much or it must be in one of the pool bets
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: