Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 02:36:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie looking for advice  (Read 797 times)
Best Dreams

Activity: 1008
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 10, 2019, 09:58:07 AM

You can go for an alts if you want but if the bull comes those alts will left behind, I suggest to you to focus on btc because you once been fooled by alts in the market, you better go with the high potential coin in the market which is btc all you have to do is to wait and have a patience on the market to come.
Yeah that’s right we should buy bitcoin if we are new as after researches you will know by yourself that in market there is no other good coin but only Bitcoin so better instead of trying other coins you directly buy some bitcoin and hold it with patience until it recovers,  a new investors will have to keep calm and face fluctuations bravely.
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1337

View Profile
November 10, 2019, 05:07:25 PM

Diversify it mate. Sticking to one option isn't a advisable nor recommended atleast. Try distributing your funds with different altcoins as well may be a quarters of your over all fund with Bitcoin like 40% - 50% is for bitcoin and the remaining is for different alts. Well you seemed familiar with the basics then try looking out for other techniques, and try doing it just follow what they do and you'll never be at least failed.

Diversifying is not the issue but selecting the right coins to split the fund is the toughest choice it but I would suggest we need to select couple of altcoins like XLM and TRX who are undervalued from long time and have potential to explode anytime as this will be perfect time to invest in those coins along with a major share into bitcoin itself.
I always find interesting how many claim that a way to protect yourself from losing all your money is to diversify your investment but when more than 90% of the coins are scams diversifying is not protecting your capital at all and it is in fact putting it at risk, a newbie should go for a simple strategy at first and there is nothing more simple than holding only one coin and when that coin is bitcoin then you cannot really go wrong with it, buying any other coin will only add problems for a newbie.
Triffin

Activity: 952
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 10, 2019, 07:14:59 PM

Add more if you are holding although that is a good start.
Maybe you could spare some with every salary that you will have from your job.
Something like a savings which will go directly to bitcoin.

I wont worry much if you will be a holder. There will be a time that you will not regret what you did and somehow just imagine if you had added larger than what you have now.
For newbies, as you suggested the best way to secure your profits and avoid losses is that you simply put maximum of your investment into bitcoin. Holding simply takes time ret you don’t lose anything. In the mean time, you can spend few bucks that you can afford to take risk with into altcoins and carry out trading on weekly basis in order to make some cash and also you would learn about trading strategies.

jhonjhon

Activity: 1316
Merit: 126

View Profile
November 10, 2019, 10:18:56 PM

You can go for an alts if you want but if the bull comes those alts will left behind, I suggest to you to focus on btc because you once been fooled by alts in the market, you better go with the high potential coin in the market which is btc all you have to do is to wait and have a patience on the market to come.
It also we have to consider for ethereum as well knowing how potential it was than of the other altcoins. But it doesn't mean that we have to put big amount into ETH, I could say 30% for ETH and 70% for BTC.

At OP, we should have to think wisely before investing crypto, we should have to know how the risk it was and be prepared for the possible happenings later either we lose or gain.
Silberman
Legendary

View Profile
November 15, 2019, 05:26:25 PM

Add more if you are holding although that is a good start.
Maybe you could spare some with every salary that you will have from your job.
Something like a savings which will go directly to bitcoin.

I wont worry much if you will be a holder. There will be a time that you will not regret what you did and somehow just imagine if you had added larger than what you have now.
For newbies, as you suggested the best way to secure your profits and avoid losses is that you simply put maximum of your investment into bitcoin. Holding simply takes time ret you don’t lose anything. In the mean time, you can spend few bucks that you can afford to take risk with into altcoins and carry out trading on weekly basis in order to make some cash and also you would learn about trading strategies.
Not only this is the least risky strategy for a newbie this is also the best strategy for them, over the years I have seen many newbies come to the forum and invest in the market and the ones that eventually become successful are the ones that choose bitcoin as their first coin and then they begin to slowly invest in other coins, those that invest all their money in exotic altcoins lose their money many times more quickly and as you may guess they never recover it.
FrankNoland
Copper Member

Activity: 560
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 18, 2019, 07:16:55 PM

Hello all;
I used to have a little btc which sold and use in 2017-2018 , i had lost a good portion of it trying to profit trading with altcoins (bad option).
Now a days i dont have any crypto as i have used the crypto i had in 2017-2018 as my principal funds, i spent it on good and cash out the rest ( a little at a lost but i needed that money) as a student ive used it as my principal money.
Last month i spent my lasts sathosis, owning now 0.0000

But after doing some research and thinking a lot im reconsidering to buy a little (like 100-300dollars) and hold it.

Maybe selling goods i dont use i can buy a little more..
Ive spent some of that crypto in collectibles which maybe i sell here

What do you think people? go all in btc or diversify a little on alts?

Thanks in advance
I think investing in BTC and a few altcoins which you believe might be a good start, it's actually a good time to buy now compared to previous weeks, this clearly indicates that you can start making profit after a few weeks if you buy in now.

Digital asset exchange for settlement, clearing, custody and trading of various digital assets, utilizing distributed ledger technologies, programmed on the blockchain -https://bex.global
Hypnosis00

Activity: 2366
Merit: 342

View Profile
November 18, 2019, 09:52:33 PM

Hello all;
I used to have a little btc which sold and use in 2017-2018 , i had lost a good portion of it trying to profit trading with altcoins (bad option).
Now a days i dont have any crypto as i have used the crypto i had in 2017-2018 as my principal funds, i spent it on good and cash out the rest ( a little at a lost but i needed that money) as a student ive used it as my principal money.

Trading isn't a bad option for me mate. The only thing that I've to look to this situation is your altcoins selection for trade and (maybe) you're not choosing potential altcoins in the market. It can be a big loss to our end if we badly choose altcoins. But the worst thing happens to you is that you bring it entirely to altcoins which are supposed to make share it to bitcoin. Then, too hope that you have learned something from this and for your future reference as well.
Silberman
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2019, 05:20:17 PM

Hello all;

Trading isn't a bad option for me mate. The only thing that I've to look to this situation is your altcoins selection for trade and (maybe) you're not choosing potential altcoins in the market. It can be a big loss to our end if we badly choose altcoins. But the worst thing happens to you is that you bring it entirely to altcoins which are supposed to make share it to bitcoin. Then, too hope that you have learned something from this and for your future reference as well.
But he already lost a good portion of his money what he tried to trade during 2017 and 2018, and that is worrying because if you have not learned anything from those days it is very likely that you are going to repeat the same mistakes again, so before anyone begins to trade after they had lost a significant portion of their capital they need to make a very deep research about what happened and why it happened otherwise the same will happen again.
Yamifoud

Activity: 2758
Merit: 517

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
November 19, 2019, 10:21:37 PM

Hello all;

But he already lost a good portion of his money what he tried to trade during 2017 and 2018, and that is worrying because if you have not learned anything from those days it is very likely that you are going to repeat the same mistakes again, so before anyone begins to trade after they had lost a significant portion of their capital they need to make a very deep research about what happened and why it happened otherwise the same will happen again.
He probably can't escape to that. Looking back to what we've done before is leading us to make new steps ahead. We know that consequences already so better we have to think of other ways for not going to happen again. Though we say we're not perfect and yes we are but can't just let it happens all the time, cause why not to have a change and correct those mistakes we've been commit before.

For the reason that is why most traders experience losses is because of there emotions and choose coins to trade. It can't be a good sign for him to continue in trading if he never changes or learns from what has got. This (big) mistake serves as a sort of learning, it was a bad experience but can't neglect it from happening since we are still learning.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
yulionoo

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 20, 2019, 04:02:46 AM

if I will diversify investment. I think it is more profitable to diversify. because when bitcoin goes down we can sell altcoins that have risen. yes even though most of altcoin also follows the bitcoin movement. but there are some crypto currencies that don't follow bitcoin prices.
but of course my main investment is bitcoin. 80% of my portfolio is bitcoin and the rest are altcoins like ethereum, litecoin and stellar.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
Lecam

Activity: 700
Merit: 254

View Profile
November 20, 2019, 08:19:04 AM

Hello all;

But after doing some research and thinking a lot im reconsidering to buy a little (like 100-300dollars) and hold it.

Thanks in advance
I advice you to buy btc and also altcoins like ether and xrp and some altcoins there are many altcoins that you can buy for now and good to hold it for a long term investment. As they say don't put your egg in one basket so that you can avoid losing your capital. In that situation you can buy and hold btc and some altcoins. But its your choice because you are the one can decide it if you want only bitcoin.
bitzizzix

Activity: 2394
Merit: 448

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
November 21, 2019, 06:40:00 AM

Hello all;

Thanks in advance
I advice you to buy btc and also altcoins like ether and xrp and some altcoins there are many altcoins that you can buy for now and good to hold it for a long term investment. As they say don't put your egg in one basket so that you can avoid losing your capital. In that situation you can buy and hold btc and some altcoins. But its your choice because you are the one can decide it if you want only bitcoin.
Many people say the saying does not put your eggs in one basket and the saying applies to profitability when one coin is unprofitable and it will be better if it benefits all.
and bitcoin is the right choice for you to have and some altcoins like Erherum and Litecoin which in my opinion will provide good returns and make long-term investment methods to avoid worries when the market is bad.

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
barabarian1

Activity: 938
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 21, 2019, 07:49:43 AM

in my opinion the current altcoin market condition is still bad and no one knows when the altcoin market will be green again. you better use all of your money to buy bitcoin because it's safer and bitcoin won't crash. although at the moment the value of bitcoin is down I'm sure it can go up again we just need to be patient waiting for bitcoin to pump again. buying altcoin now is very risky because most altcoins are also following the bitcoin price movements.

▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀  █████████████████▀      ▀████████████████▀      ▀████████
▄█████████     ████████████████   ▄██▄   ██████████████   ▄██▄   ███████▄
████████████   ███████████████████████   ████████████████████▀   ████████
████████████   █████████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████     █████████
████████████   ███████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████████▄   ████████
▀███████████   █████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████   ▀██▀   ███████▀
███████████   ████████████████          ███████████████▄      ▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀
swapSwap, Earn, Bridge, Mint Crypto
& NFT in Multiple Chains
vintages

Activity: 966
Merit: 153

View Profile
November 21, 2019, 01:53:46 PM

Will join with others who have said this to say, that you should never ever put a bigger or even considerable part of your fund in altcoins. Though you might want to try the first top coins in coin market but don't put all your hopes in it.
Whether you are going all in Bitcoin or a smaller part in altcoins. Do that with money you are willing to forgo.
dunfida
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1138

View Profile
November 21, 2019, 10:49:05 PM

Will join with others who have said this to say, that you should never ever put a bigger or even considerable part of your fund in altcoins. Though you might want to try the first top coins in coin market but don't put all your hopes in it.
Whether you are going all in Bitcoin or a smaller part in altcoins. Do that with money you are willing to forgo.
All investment should really be treated like that where we should only use those amounts that we can afford to lose.Diversifying isnt that bad though
and you cant completely stop people not to consider alts knowing that these coins do have smaller amounts and when bull run happens it can potentially make enourmous
returns unlike if they do purely go all in with btc thats why it do always have that consideration for those coins to be an option.

Silberman
Legendary

View Profile
November 23, 2019, 05:35:44 PM

if I will diversify investment. I think it is more profitable to diversify. because when bitcoin goes down we can sell altcoins that have risen. yes even though most of altcoin also follows the bitcoin movement. but there are some crypto currencies that don't follow bitcoin prices.
but of course my main investment is bitcoin. 80% of my portfolio is bitcoin and the rest are altcoins like ethereum, litecoin and stellar.
Diversifying your investment doesn't seem like the best idea in this market, I know that cryptocurrencies other than bitcoin can move at an incredible fast rate but even if that is true most altcoins had been performing really badly against bitcoin for years, and this is true even for some of the most popular coins and when you understand that then it is preferable to only hold bitcoin especially if you are a newbie, once you learn more about the markets and you have years of experience then you may diversify and get some altcoins.
Best Dreams

Activity: 1008
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 23, 2019, 08:33:39 PM

It’s good to buy some Bitcoin for newbies but it’s not smart planning to invest your entire savings into it. We should invest the amount we have added with us so that at a low price we will be able to control our emotions and will not get affected as much we can get effected by investing all. Just buy some coins and keep holding it for the long term it will make a profit for you.
royalfestus

Activity: 2408
Merit: 516

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
November 23, 2019, 08:48:43 PM

The timing was the wrong decision. You can take the same decision when market revises and get good return. Most traders and investors had been quiet since last year, the strategy is more of patient wait. Most Altcoins enthusiast left their coin for bitcoin before the bullrun and at some point after the bullrun they move their portfolio to fiat. You will need advice to decide to hold some potential altcoins with you ATM or sell to hold bitcoin

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Bezobraznike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 261

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
November 23, 2019, 10:05:12 PM

I think that newbies should know one thing, crypto-currencies are open for everyone! You can come here and learn about crypto-
currencies. After some time you can even start earning some crypto-currencies, or you can choose to invest some of your own money,
you can do both if you want.
   Crypto-community is full with possibilities, I advise everyone to come and check what's happening around. They can develop their
skills and maybe earn more money eventually.
  In all that time you will meet with different projects, with the time you will learn how to spot some good coin and how to avoid bad coins.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
crossabdd
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1145

View Profile
November 25, 2019, 06:19:33 AM

keep holding in BTC. if you buy with your personal money, don't put it on altcoin. fixed on BTC. but if you feel not good, good altcoin options to hold are ETH, BNB, ADA, NEO. in my opinion this is the best. use your funds wisely, so you don't lose more. because I believe, Bitcoin will give you something big after you graduate from school.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: