Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 03:07:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fastest coin to use when sending between exchanges?  (Read 410 times)
poornamelessme (OP)

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 08:58:15 PM
Last edit: March 17, 2014, 09:10:10 PM by poornamelessme

Just curious what coin most people use when you need to move a coin to another exchange, either for arbitrage or simply because there may be a coin there not on other exchanges -- situations where you want the funds there quickly?

Maybe litecoin? Then convert that to bitcoin? Something else?

I tried to do a little arbitrage just now, and was able to get a little done, but needed to move a small amount of funds from Cryptsy to the other exchange (Poloniex). I had doge on Cryptsy, so figured I'd just swap that over and since the buy/sell prices were close, it'd be pretty even. Convert the doge to btc on Poloniex, buy what I wanted, and I'd ship it back to Cryptsy... seemed simple to do, in my mind, anyway.

I first bought what I could at Poloniex with the btc I had there already, and moved that over to Cryptsy for selling. I was able to have it sent, and sell it on Cryptsy, before Cryptsy even sent me a confirmation email to do the withdrawal of the doge. I am still waiting for it, like 20 min later... and of course by now, it's too late.

Is there a better coin to use for these sorts of transfers?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: