Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 11:30:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Beware! You are not safe if you are using facebook!  (Read 775 times)
Baofeng
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1664

View Profile
November 06, 2019, 08:30:35 PM

Just for the record though,

Changes to Groups API Access

Since April of 2018, we’ve been reviewing the ways that people can use Facebook to share data with outside companies. We’ve removed or restricted a number of our developer APIs, such as the Groups API, which provides an interface between Facebook and apps that can integrate with a group.

Before April 2018, group admins could authorize an app for a group, which gave the app developer access to information in the group. But as part of the changes to the Groups API after April 2018, if an admin authorized this access, that app would only get information, such as the group’s name, the number of users, and the content of posts. For an app to access additional information such as name and profile picture in connection with group activity, group members had to opt-in.

As part of our ongoing review, we recently found that some apps retained access to group member information, like names and profile pictures in connection with group activity, from the Groups API, for longer than we intended. We have since removed their access. Today we are also reaching out to roughly 100 partners who may have accessed this information since we announced restrictions to the Groups API, although it's likely that the number that actually did is smaller and decreased over time. We know at least 11 partners accessed group members’ information in the last 60 days. Although we’ve seen no evidence of abuse, we will ask them to delete any member data they may have retained and we will conduct audits to confirm that it has been deleted.

https://developers.facebook.com/blog/post/2019/11/05/changes-groups-api-access/

Ok it seems that there have been breach or data leak again on their part.

Lol, no evidence of abuse? Of course those who have exploited those data won't tell them that.

How can they let some apps retained access to data though? So this has been going on for years even they supposedly changes to the Group API?

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
daarul50
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1034

View Profile
November 06, 2019, 10:09:30 PM

I started to think about this when Facebook is trying to update your profile.
They want more information about you. That is already a signal that something is being cooked which could not be nice.
Although I doubt the CIA is a part of them, it could be used for looking at relatives and photos.
Yes, the CIA could do that. It will be a problem for Mark if he wont give them the information specially when a large criminal or a syndicate is being traced.

Lucky for those who dont have any account with Facebook.
the third party application could access to your data easily in facebook.

CIA could make it even more easier! the speculation about how dangerous facebook has been exploited its user privacy is not something just a baseless speculation. in the big data era exchanging user data is a common thing and facebook abusing it with buggy policiy.
i have deleted my facebook account few years ago when they caught selling data under the table and make a crucial winning for donald trum non sense presidential campaign 3 years ago.

if you feel insecure with your bitcoin under surveillance of CIA , there is no harm to completely stay away from buggy facebook!
julius caesar

Activity: 644
Merit: 127

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
November 06, 2019, 10:22:06 PM

Beware! You are not safe if you are using facebook

because facebook is a network which is managed by CIA, and not only CIA, there are many more agencies those are tracking you, including all of your activities, and furthermore, facebook does not care about your privacy, last year, facebook sold 250+ million users data.
Do you have any proof regarding to this claim? If you don't have any then this accusation is useless and perhaps you could be charged for spreading false information. Facebook is a private company, wasn't held by the government ever before and there is no reason for them to do that so. Regarding to the sold data, it's still unproven and I believe the case is still being processed and if they were proven guilty then that's the time we should draw a conclusion also.

TimeTeller

Activity: 2730
Merit: 588

View Profile
November 06, 2019, 10:30:53 PM

I have uploaded a lot of pictures already before I learned its not safe there. Even with google account is also not safe. If there is any solution to this I probably have done it already but deleting pictures and deactivating facebook profile doesn't help as well because, its all there still. They just don't make my date available for all but its there still.

If government is spying crypto users, its going to be easy for them to see even without libra.

Same here, deactivated my fb for quite a long time but of course all the other info are still stored in their system.
People who don't care about their privacy will post anything about themselves and when something happens, they will cry about it.
I guess we are already in the age that cybersecurity is very hard to fight with.
But the OP's claim that FB is working with CIA, I haven't heard that.
Aying

Activity: 784
Merit: 251

https://raiser.network

View Profile
November 07, 2019, 08:34:31 AM

because facebook is a network which is managed by CIA, and not only CIA, there are many more agencies those are tracking you, including all of your activities, and furthermore, facebook does not care about your privacy, last year, facebook sold 250+ million users data.

There is nothing will happen if we warn them with this. people are still continue to use facebook even their identity will sell and yourself will being tract for your whole life, because facebook is a very easy platform to communicate with others. even a small born baby have a facebook. but if you are afraid on what facebook can do and you are crypto user then avoid a thing that might related to crypto. don't post any kind of events or crypto posts. we cannot even resist it but we can get away with it. imagine how fat can facebook do now compare to past years. crypto users is already aware of this and they don't care about it anymore. 

Watch out for this SPACE!
maxreish

Activity: 1330
Merit: 326

View Profile
November 07, 2019, 10:45:32 AM

You can't expect people to  suddenly stop using facebook. This app has a power what I mean is that majority of the people has a facebook account. And most of them aren't aware of what you are talking about data sold, etc.

However, I myself know that it may possible that our data can be sold but facebook should assure users that they will not do that. I still use facebook until now, we want privacy but I still count on fb. Their reputation is at risk if it was proven that our data is being use for unnecessary purposes.
keyscore44
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1016

View Profile
November 07, 2019, 10:55:13 AM
Last edit: November 07, 2019, 11:08:52 AM by keyscore44

You can't expect people to  suddenly stop using facebook. This app has a power what I mean is that majority of the people has a facebook account. And most of them aren't aware of what you are talking about data sold, etc.

However, I myself know that it may possible that our data can be sold but facebook should assure users that they will not do that. I still use facebook until now, we want privacy but I still count on fb. Their reputation is at risk if it was proven that our data is being use for unnecessary purposes.

At the moment when someone creates an account on Facebook, agree to the use of data for marketing purposes, i.e. to target ads. Many people, consider the use of information from their account activity on Facebook, to determine the best ad for our profile, as data sales. I think, from that, might be a misunderstanding.

Im sure that CIA is very carefully looking on hands of Zuckerberg, so for me it is almost impossible that they will even try to sell some data out.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
Yaunfitda

Activity: 2856
Merit: 593

View Profile
November 07, 2019, 11:04:30 AM

You can't expect people to  suddenly stop using facebook. This app has a power what I mean is that majority of the people has a facebook account. And most of them aren't aware of what you are talking about data sold, etc.

Then it's about time for people out there to stop using Facebook if there have been breach, exploits in the past and put your data into a compromise position.

I have a Facebook to be honest, but I seldom used it, actually I haven't touched it for the last year or so. I'm also thinking of deactivating it since I have other means to contact my friends and families though.

███████████████████████████████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████
█████████████▀▀        ▀▀██████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀████
██████████▀     ▄▄██▄▄     ▀███
██████████      ██████      ███
██████████▄     ▀▀██▀▀     ▄███
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄              ▄████
█████████████▄▄        ▄▄██████
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
SSC NAPOLI
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER
|.ROLLBOTS.|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████▀████████▀████▄
██████▄▄▄█████▄▄█████████
██████▀▀▀█████▀▀█████████
▀█████████▄████████▄████▀
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ROLLBIT COIN
TRADE RLB NOW!
|...PLAY NOW...
Innocant

Activity: 1414
Merit: 260

View Profile
November 07, 2019, 01:47:33 PM

Even if you warned us we always using facebook and they ignore it on what they talking about, Then what this is all about you mention that we need to careful using facebook or stop using facebook ? And ill think they cannot stop people using facebook always because that's the only way can communicate to the people in any country. But we need to be careful always cause of so many facebook account are not comeback or recover.
davinchi
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1058

View Profile
November 07, 2019, 02:17:52 PM

I don’t believe what you have here completely because if it is true that the CIA is having hand in bitcoin business, the united states will not have find them the money they placed on them for not managing the privacy off people very well, because when you talk of CIA, it is still government that is the CIA, so what is the pint fining them when they are the CIA.

There is nothing we can even do about their them for now, because Facebook has grown so big with user of over 2 billion people and even if you announce this here, only few people will get the gist and not even have issue with it, but one thing I can grab is that we have to be very careful of the way we post things on Facebook so that whatever we post will not be used against us in the future by the government.
ashmodeus

Activity: 1638
Merit: 518

View Profile
November 07, 2019, 05:07:54 PM

well, bored , that a old news .
i knew exactly what mark do with my account  Grin
but well, i still using it, because ,to be honest, i needed for day life , i mean like group for buying/selling something.
also chating friend from another country.
as long i still using fake data on my facebook, i guess I have nothing to lose.

In any app and social media, we should be careful if we don't want our personal info to be known by those criminals that they will use for illegal activities, well, I am not that quite into facebook too, most of the time I am just using messenger to keep in touch with my friends and relatives, other than that, I don't usually post my activities, and don't upload much of my photo. From now on, will not use my personal photo anymore too and will delete my albums as well as some of my personal info written in my Bio.

u know what ?
even i just using alias on my facebook account, born in 13-12-1991 , came from Pluto and have a relationship with alien.
even i have no social media account such as instagram,path,or whatever more.
i didn't care with socialite life, too much stupid things there.
what's trend nowdays,what popular today. ppfffttt...

▄▄███████████████████████▄▄
 █████████████████████████████
 █████████████████████████████
   ▀███████████████████████▀
     █████████████████████
      ▀█████████████████▀
     ▄  ███████████████
   ▄███  ▀███████████▀
  ▄█████▄  █████████
 █████████  ▀█████▀
███████████▄ ▀███▀
 ▀███████████▄ ▀
.Syntrum......
            ███
           ███
          ███
         ███
        ███
       ███
      ███   █
     ███   █
    ███   █
   ███   █
  ███   █
 ███   █
███   █
            ███   █
           ███   █
          ███   █
         ███   █
        ███   █
       ███   █
      ███   █
     ███
    ███
   ███
  ███
 ███
███
......JOIN NOW.
MURONDI

Activity: 756
Merit: 257

View Profile
November 07, 2019, 06:55:14 PM

I'm sure in this forum 90% more use Facebook, and never seems to be a problem with Facebook social media, however, I also take care not to upload important information, because almost all my friends use facebook so I can't leave the social media.
dunfida
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1137

View Profile
November 07, 2019, 07:03:57 PM

I'm sure in this forum 90% more use Facebook, and never seems to be a problem with Facebook social media, however, I also take care not to upload important information, because almost all my friends use facebook so I can't leave the social media.
Sad thing but this is actually the reality where people do already know on what are the possible things or tendencies that might happen
when it comes to our privacy yet majority do really upload their images and even their personal info.We cant really say completely that we are safe
yet leakage had already happened and it will happen once again in the future.We dont even know that there were backdoors or just simply making
hidden transactions behind curtains.No one knows!

~Money~

Activity: 1132
Merit: 536

View Profile
November 08, 2019, 06:33:43 AM

Sad thing but this is actually the reality where people do already know on what are the possible things or tendencies that might happen
when it comes to our privacy yet majority do really upload their images and even their personal info.We cant really say completely that we are safe
yet leakage had already happened and it will happen once again in the future.We dont even know that there were backdoors or just simply making
hidden transactions behind curtains.No one knows!

actually we are not safe as long as we use internet, we all know privacy is just a word, nothing more, everyone is watching everyone that they can
we know that the next world trade will be on DATA, which will be our data/habits/interests that smart-A will use to fill their deeper pockets

this is why nobody is safe nowadays, all we can do is just try to leak less data to this dirty world
justdimin

Activity: 3010
Merit: 670

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
November 08, 2019, 10:25:47 AM

Is this warning specifically do anything with crypto traders? I mean you started this discussion under where trading related stuff take places. This sounds like a common warning for all the people and not limited to crypto community nor traders in some sense.

Seriously, this is no longer a new thing, almost everyone knows that Facebook is no longer safe. Even your account can be hacked. I have seen this happen a lot of time to people; hackers will take over their account and change their passwords, and then start to use that account to deceive their friends and all those of rubbish. Sometimes they will hack it and delete every piece of information you have saved there.

I already know that Facebook is selling users information, and not just to CIA as you have said, also to advertisers. I have seen officers show up at someone's house due to a comment on Facebook,  lol, that's when I learnt to respect myself. Well, I am not the type of person that gives out every information about myself on Facebook. Even my name is not the complete real one.

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
jazmuzika217

Activity: 476
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 10, 2019, 06:50:05 AM

As the most powerful social media tools I think you are right. Facebook is not really safe. So do not use facebook to have an important transaction such an crypto trading and other personal information because all we know that this is not the first time that facebook had a security problem like this.
Free1bitco.in

Activity: 1624
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 10, 2019, 08:20:05 AM

the fact that Facebook is permitted in all countries, and has a clear office, makes me think that they won't sell data from their users, especially if there is so much fake data there. In addition, Facebook currently has a very large income, even competing in other large companies. I do not feel that they will do anything stupid enough to sell data from their users. it just makes a lot of people forget it, and I'm sure that they won't take advantage of it that way.
~Money~

Activity: 1132
Merit: 536

View Profile
November 10, 2019, 03:57:48 PM

the fact that Facebook is permitted in all countries, and has a clear office, makes me think that they won't sell data from their users, especially if there is so much fake data there. In addition, Facebook currently has a very large income, even competing in other large companies. I do not feel that they will do anything stupid enough to sell data from their users. it just makes a lot of people forget it, and I'm sure that they won't take advantage of it that way.

surely you are thinking clearly, having office doesnt mean the business is legit, im sure you know that too.
this is crystal clear that facebook, google, yahoo, microsoft and many other giants are using user data (our private info) for making more income for themselves, they even sell it directly or use that and sell analysis to advertising companies, thats why General Data Protection Regulation was came to life.

at least it shows that our data had been selling without our knowledge before
Memminger

Activity: 540
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 10, 2019, 04:28:42 PM

Where’d you get these allegations from? You do sound so sure with your words but you don’t have anything to back it up which is quiet appears to me that you are just spreading fake news or rumors if I would be blunt. Though, on the other hand, I don’t encourage people to store their private keys or anything important through messenger, telegram or anything to do online. You should always prefer to store these kind of information physically or even a gadget where it would never be connected to the internet in order to avoid any malicious snooping people which would invade your privacy and security.
bohr

Activity: 994
Merit: 257

View Profile
November 12, 2019, 07:53:14 PM

It has been known for a very long time that Facebook does in fact sell information about their users or at least allows government agencies to get access to it, but people do not seem to care, it is as if they have just give up and as soon as anyone ask for personal information they just give it to them, it is this attitude that has allowed icos that were clear scams to get away with their crimes and it is one of the biggest obstacles for the success of this market.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: