Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 04:41:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Burning of the XLM supply  (Read 231 times)
Wysi

Activity: 1624
Merit: 261

View Profile
November 06, 2019, 07:22:02 AM

Those some large amounts of XLM, I'm sure they have some other plans other than burning their huge supplies. they really need to do something now, with the tight competition in the market, the higher the chance that they will left behind by the other developed project. XLM is better than XRP when it comes to their technology, but when it comes to the price TRON and XLM are left behind because of their lack of development. When you see the Ripple's developers they doing the best they could to continuously promote their project and also with the help of investors XRP remains on top of them.

XLM is indeed the best altcoin which has helped me to use it real time with my business transactions and way better than XRP which honestly has not proved it's worth since the last bull run. I would always vouch for XLM and TRON but we cannot compare XLM and XRP even though they have similar characteristic still XRP is controlled and centralized. Anyway this is a great move by XLM to pump up.

tinyteapot

Activity: 1150
Merit: 275

View Profile
November 06, 2019, 07:45:59 AM

I knew this will happen since XLM collaborations with Coinbase.

Half of the XLM supply is gone. The team has burned about 55BXLM, do you think this is a good step for the tokenomics

It is a good step for the tokenomics since it will reduce the number of total supply and thereby have some positive impact in the price of XLM.

For me, does supply really have much impact on token price? Token demand is crucial regardless of the supply number

I agree with you that token demand is crucial regardless of the supplied amount but research has shown that coin with infinite amount of supply always have low price value and vice-versa.

jootn2kx

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

Estimated.Pro - Crypto Signals. Free.

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2019, 07:54:17 AM

Stellar XLM burnt half of their total supply to help boost the current XML market price. But I'm afraid the people are no longer interested on buying Stellar XML. People tend to focus on what is selling, the most profitable coin in the market and as of now it is bitcoin. 

Bitcoin is always the most profitable, stellar goes up and down by mere cents or fractions of cents. When bitcoin moves, hundreds, or even thousands of dollars can be gained or lost. Not to mention that it still controls what other coins do. So yeah, regardless of what happens to stellar price, i think bitcoin is the way to go for anyone who doesn't want to experience second-hand market behavior.

ESTIMATED.PRO
PERSONALIZED PREDICTIONS LIST ACCURACY CHECK REVIEWS AI-BASED PREDICTIONS TOP COINS TO BUY TOP COINS TO SELL
timmmers

Activity: 1176
Merit: 265

View Profile
November 06, 2019, 07:58:51 AM

It shows how this coin is centralized, when team could decide what happens with half of its supply, then we can´t talk about decentralization.
Many people push Ripple to do something similiar, if they do that, then XRP token will be an interesting investment opportunity because see how XLM pumped after this announcement.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM
lunobird

Activity: 846
Merit: 115

View Profile
November 06, 2019, 08:05:25 AM

Im glad to see the devs burning the tokens instead of just dumping on investors for their own gains.

Xlm price over the year is still down by a lot. Been smashed 6 ft down to the ground. So i don't see this pump as anything special.  Needs to be above 20 cents to get back to were it was a year ago which was bad as well,  neck deep in the bear market.

EdvinZ

Activity: 994
Merit: 260

View Profile
November 06, 2019, 08:48:18 AM

I missed the big news again. It is worth noting that XLM reserves were burned, not those coins that are already circulating. But even this fact did not prevent XLM to grow in price. The project is certainly worthy.

Reid

Activity: 2898
Merit: 642

View Profile
November 06, 2019, 08:54:04 AM

Yes, supply have a lot of impact with the price and value of one coin.
If I remember it correctly PundiX (NPXS) does the same with their token.
from millions they added 3 more Zeros and it went to billions making the price lower than it could possibly had.
The largest was .1 USD per NPXS before the swap and then it became .00001 afterwards when it hits the market which should have been just .0001 adding 3 zeros also.
dimonstration

Activity: 2604
Merit: 668

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
November 06, 2019, 09:07:10 AM

I missed the big news again. It is worth noting that XLM reserves were burned, not those coins that are already circulating. But even this fact did not prevent XLM to grow in price. The project is certainly worthy.
XLM no advanced notice in these move that makes us missed it, those who really trust and believe in stellar potential got a right decision of still having it. It might not be in their plan or roadmap but it will give importance to their holders to still keep them since the supply is lessen and can be limited soon. If Stellar will put more interesting update their product and token can continuously pump since they been trying to increase their price.

filmawee

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 06, 2019, 12:49:01 PM

i hope XLM token will not dump in this month. Because in the middle of November there give distribution of Spacedrop to Keybase users
goaldigger

Activity: 2366
Merit: 356

View Profile
November 06, 2019, 12:54:24 PM

It shows how this coin is centralized, when team could decide what happens with half of its supply, then we can´t talk about decentralization.
Many people push Ripple to do something similiar, if they do that, then XRP token will be an interesting investment opportunity because see how XLM pumped after this announcement.
They did this for them to survive and its true that a centralized coin can really this kind of actin anytime they want. If XRP make an update like this, for sure they hype on this coin will be high again and someone can manipulate its price. Burning XLM with a half of their supply is the latest good updates with them, the hype is still on so buy and play short.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
BeginToMine

Activity: 434
Merit: 101

https://www.payaccept.net/

View Profile
November 06, 2019, 01:47:35 PM

Xlm coin burn really impressed me and the burn really increased the volume, I am happy the team recognized how potential this platform is and worked towards heading to its mate. It was a shocking news to all and it's what crypto is. I hope and wish to see XLM moon to 1$ soon. They really deserve it and should get in there soon. Congrats to you guys, more winning, more moon.

red4slash

Activity: 1302
Merit: 435

View Profile
November 06, 2019, 01:56:29 PM

They did this for them to survive and its true that a centralized coin can really this kind of actin anytime they want. If XRP make an update like this, for sure they hype on this coin will be high again and someone can manipulate its price. Burning XLM with a half of their supply is the latest good updates with them, the hype is still on so buy and play short.

in that way there may be hype, but need to be careful with price manipulation as you say. don't get carried away with hype, I think if the market demand is big, hype will emerge, unless you have a way to handle it

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBITCRYPTO
FUTURES
[
1,000x
LEVERAGE
][
COMPETITIVE
FEES
][
INSTANT
EXECUTION
]██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRADE NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
kogozer714
Copper Member

Activity: 593
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 06, 2019, 02:22:35 PM

it is a good step for XLM to burn some of their coin supply to increase prices in the market, I think in a very large supply will affect the price which makes the price also more difficult to improve. I hope the steps taken by the XLM team can be good.
Inkdatar

Activity: 1582
Merit: 523

View Profile
November 07, 2019, 01:47:39 AM

it is a good step for XLM to burn some of their coin supply to increase prices in the market, I think in a very large supply will affect the price which makes the price also more difficult to improve. I hope the steps taken by the XLM team can be good.
This is a good move indeed for this project to burn some of xlm supply. By knowing that supply to be lessen I have a hopes on this coin since I am one of those who hold XLM until now. I believe it will have an impact to boost the price in the market.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: