Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 04:53:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Post count inconsistency  (Read 191 times)
Laskoo (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 144

View Profile
November 06, 2019, 12:13:02 PM

Today I found out that my total post count is not the same as my total posts count.  Grin I saw this happening "live", after I made my last post the numbers didn't changed to 348 but it remained 347 -not counting the current post- (I noticed since I were in a thread where I posted earlier and saw my post count before I replied).

First I thought some of my posts were deleted, but the coincidence were too big for this to happen when I was writing the reply so I made some digging and I saw that my post count from Profile summary doesn't match the total count of my posts (the number of my first post) see below:

Is this a bug or I am missing something?

P.S. This happened when posting using Tor.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bL4nkcode
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305

Limited in number. Limitless in potential.

View Profile
November 06, 2019, 12:19:21 PM

It happens when you ignore some boards, as it will not show on your post history. I visited your profile, I see 348 posts on your profile summary but only see 295 on your post history. Coz I ignore lots of local boards and some.
DdmrDdmr
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 10759

There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2019, 12:52:34 PM
Last edit: November 06, 2019, 02:49:17 PM by DdmrDdmr

<…>
You’re right. I do not have any boards on ignore, and I’m seeing 348 posts in your profile, but 350 on your history, with no gaps in between the post numbers.

Same goes for my profile: post count stated 3519, but posting history 3531.

The post count I think goes out of sync for undetermined reasons, as sometimes happens in the post count on threads themselves, and may need the forum to perform some sort of sync/recount every now and then to correct the issue.

<…>
You’re probably right there. OP has two posts in Serious Discussion, and as per what you mention (detailed here: Rules for Serious Discussion and Ivory Tower), they are accountable for the two post difference in the OPs case.
hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 3649

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2019, 02:26:21 PM
Merited by LoyceV (1), DdmrDdmr (1), Laskoo (1)

Do you have any post/topic in the Serious discussion boards (Serious discussion & Ivory Tower)? Posts in that section are not counted.
Note that the number of posts is not important in making payments because of the campaign manager review posts, not the number in your account.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Laskoo (OP)

View Profile
November 06, 2019, 05:47:30 PM

Do you have any post/topic in the Serious discussion boards (Serious discussion & Ivory Tower)? Posts in that section are not counted.
Note that the number of posts is not important in making payments because of the campaign manager review posts, not the number in your account.

Then probably this is the trick, I didn't knew that the posts in that section doesn't count. Thanks!
I don't participate in bounty campaigns but thanks for the tip anyway Smiley

EDIT: Since this is case closed, thread may be closed also.
actmyname
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 2504

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2019, 06:08:19 PM

You can lock it yourself. Bottom-left of the thread, and click the "lock" button.

Laskoo (OP)

View Profile
November 06, 2019, 06:38:42 PM

You can lock it yourself. Bottom-left of the thread, and click the "lock" button.

Thanks! Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: