Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 11:45:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ATM Coin Founders Forced to Pay $4.25M Fine Following Binary Options Fraud  (Read 136 times)
cheezcarls (OP)

Activity: 2254
Merit: 658

Revolutionized copy gaming platform

View Profile
November 06, 2019, 12:18:33 PM

Oh well, they’ve paid the big price for committing fraud to their clients. I haven’t heard of ATM coin yet by the way.

Can you guys verify that this is the one that they’re talking about? https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/atmcoin/. Or is it different than this?

Here are the first two paragraphs of the news article:

“A New York Court has charged the founders of ATM Coin with committing fraud and misappropriating client funds, ordering them to pay $4.25 million to settle the case. Four companies associated with ATM Coin have also been charged.

The U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York has ordered Blake Harrison Kantor and Nathan Mullins, in addition to four associated companies, to pay $4.25 million stemming from charges of fraud and misappropriation of funds. The case was first launched by the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission’s (CFTC) Division of Virtual Currency on April 16, 2018.”

You can find more information about this news right here.

What can you say about this recent news guys? I would love hearing your feedback about this. Thanks!

Pla
                             ▄██████████▌
████             ▐███████████▌
  ████         ▐████    ███
   ▐████     ▐████     ███       ███      ▂▃▅
     ████    ████        ███      ███████
        ███    ████        ███      ███████
         ▐██    ████        ███      ███          
                 █████         ███      ███
              █████▌         ███      ███
           █████▌            ███      ███
     ██████▌
███████
ade.win
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
.R E V O L U T I O N A R Y   C O P Y   G A M I N G   P L A T F O R M  .
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██ 
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ ████▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀████ █
█ █████▄  █ ████▀  ▄█████ █
█ ██████▄  █ █▀  ▄███████ █
█ ███████▄  █  ▄█████████ █
█ ████████▄  █ ██████████ █
█ ██████▀  ▄█▄ █ ████████ █
█ ████▀  ▄███▄  █ ███████ █
█ ██▀   ██████▄  █ ██████ █
█ ██▄▄▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Play Smart Win Big!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
November 06, 2019, 05:23:59 PM

Oh well, they’ve paid the big price for committing fraud to their clients. I haven’t heard of ATM coin yet by the way.

Can you guys verify that this is the one that they’re talking about? https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/atmcoin/. Or is it different than this?

Here are the first two paragraphs of the news article:

“A New York Court has charged the founders of ATM Coin with committing fraud and misappropriating client funds, ordering them to pay $4.25 million to settle the case. Four companies associated with ATM Coin have also been charged.

The U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York has ordered Blake Harrison Kantor and Nathan Mullins, in addition to four associated companies, to pay $4.25 million stemming from charges of fraud and misappropriation of funds. The case was first launched by the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission’s (CFTC) Division of Virtual Currency on April 16, 2018.”

You can find more information about this news right here.

What can you say about this recent news guys? I would love hearing your feedback about this. Thanks!

When I read about news like this, I just have this sense of delight because it shows that someone is watching and people are being brought to face the responsibility of their actions and when that happen, the people involved if they are convicted of wrong doing, it just becomes part of their records for life unless they are able to obtain a presidential pardon though. Without knowing the details of the case or when it started, I am sure reprieve must have come the way of the victims that have been affected by the actions of some people who think they can take others for granted.

It should also be a message to people not to be ruled by the motive for profit making and forget the signals to fraud and some ventures that should be avoided in all totality and in this case binary options top the list.
Theb

Activity: 1680
Merit: 655

View Profile
November 06, 2019, 07:59:56 PM

One of the biggest thing that happened here is finally one of the white collar criminals will serve a term in prison, Harrison Kantor will serve more than 7 years in prison for his fraud and I think one of the factors about that is that he lied with the FBI, I'm happy that someone already will serve as an example as mostly crypto related white collar criminals only gets a slap in the wrist. The most recent one I know is Mark Karpeles who is the CEO of Mt. Gox who was found guilty of data manipulation and was suppose to serve a 10 year jail sentence but the Japanese court was good enough to hand him a suspended 30 month jail sentence which he won't receive if he maintained good behavior for four years. I just want to see these kinds of punishments more and more for them to stop attempting to destroy the industry anymore.

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......
CryptoBry

Activity: 1008
Merit: 355

View Profile
November 07, 2019, 01:45:57 AM

One of the many things we should thank for with the government is that it is still doing its job of running after the many crooks now taking up residence in the cryptocurrency industry. All the schemes and scams should be exposed so they can't look for more victims. Sadly, programs like this will continue to be attracting many participants as they are usually appealing to our sense of greed.

Whenever I heard a successful prosecution on the government's side against scammers and fraudsters, I am celebrating inside me because this is the way we can be bringing the justice the victims are clamoring for. And we are sending a strong message to scammers to stop spreading many traps around and go back to where they came from.

The cryptocurrency industry has no reserved space for scammers, hackers and all the evils in between.
hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 3649

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2019, 05:59:21 PM

Let us not give the issue greater than it’s size, it is not about cryptocurrencies, but several crimes.
These people run a "fraudulent scheme that includes binary options."  the options must be traded on an exchange registered with the CFTC.

- they tried to change the ownership of documents, which is a crime.
 - Manipulated site data for fraud.
 - Mislead users using cryptocurrencies.

So the punishment was for several crimes, one of which related to cryptocurrencies.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██