Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 07:19:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CryptoRushShares: not worth it?  (Read 626 times)
David Latapie (OP)

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2014, 10:08:43 PM

Hi,

I tried to evaluate the ROI (return on investment of CRS), with the assumption that I will not sell it:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1OEE1qXwxX-sx_mrfKOkW5bPwaDapGIjXs6OIdynRMyk/edit#gid=0

As I did with mcxFEES, I feel like it is completely unprofitable (ROI of 74 years).
Someone says that the ROI when it was at 1500 satoshi the ROI was 30 days. With my calculation, the ROI at 1500 is 57 years. Maybe this person calculated the time to erase the transaction fee of buying and selling back at same price, I don't know.

Anyway, I'd like some input. Are my formulae wrong, can you give me a correct one? I'm most interested in fire-and-forget strategy, I don't want to spend my life glaring at a monitor and day-trading.
Thank you.

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
tokyoghetto
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 10:26:29 PM

Perhaps you can calculate the ROI for Cryptsy shares. Listed on cryptostocks. based on my "back of a napkin" math the ROI on the shares, based on current price and dividend, is 1.6 years approx.

74 year ROI?!?! wow.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: