Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:33:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Did you ever get Gold vs HODL on BTC?
Yep went Gold. - 0 (0%)
Nope went HODL. - 1 (25%)
HODL. Mostly. - 2 (50%)
Blew most of BTC. - 0 (0%)
Prefer Not to Say. (Crying!) - 1 (25%)
Total Voters: 4

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Timeline: Gold vs BTC price from start of mining and HODL. 9.18.2013. poll.  (Read 109 times)
Searing (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
November 07, 2019, 10:46:07 PM
Merited by Epochjump (3)

Why you don't listen to those in the 'know' from back in the day. The 'you have to use BTC for Gold argument, as a newbie, rather than 'virtual BTC' Glad I went with my gut on this. Smiley

The price of gold and Bitcoin when I started mining BTC Sept 18th, 2013. I really started with the KNC Jupiter ASIC miner on 10/18/2013...but hey, 0.69 BTC on the GPU cards count. Smiley

price of gold exactly 0 years start 2013 (more or less) it was $1,348.09 USD and BTC was about $130.86 (more or less) the same/closest day on the charts.

price of gold exactly 1 year later 2014 (more or less)  was $1,226.96 USD and BTC was about $475.37 USD (more or less) the same/closest day on the charts.

price of gold exactly 2 years later 2015 (more or less) it was $1,121.32 USD and BTC was about $229.09 (more or less) the same/closest day on the charts.

price of gold exactly 3 years later 2016 (more or less) it was $1,328.57 USD and BTC was about $606.97 USD (more or less) the same/closest day on the charts.

price of gold exactly 4 years later 2017 (more or less) it was $1,327.06 USD and BTC was about $3,630.70 USD (more or less) the same/closest day on the charts.

price of gold exactly 5 years later 2018 (more or less) it was $1,202.50 USD and BTC was about $6,371.30 USD (more or less) the same/closest day on the charts.

price of gold exactly 6 years later 2019 (more or less) it was $1,502.51 USD and BTC was about $   10,242.27 USD (more or less) the same/closest day on the charts.

The price of gold as of TODAY 11/7/2019 is $1,470.65 USD and BTC is currently today $9,271.90 USD as I type this here.

Using this chart for days closest on such chart (iffy by a day or so) for the price of GOLD historically.

https://www.moneymetals.com/precious-metals-charts/gold-price

Using this chart for days closest on such chart (iffy by a day or so) for the price of Bitcoin historically.

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitcoin/

Hmmm....good thing I did not listen to all the Gold Bugs who said I needed something 'Tangible' as a store of value.

I know a LOT of folk back in 2013 that cashed out or put it in Gold/Silver. It was a lot of talk about which was better, back in those early days. I just went with the HODL

idea on Bitcoin and so far it seems to be working out quite well.

Take the poll if you wish. Smiley

later

Brad

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Searing (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
November 07, 2019, 10:46:27 PM

Reserved.

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
CryptoBry

Activity: 1008
Merit: 355

View Profile
November 08, 2019, 04:28:46 AM

Hmmm....good thing I did not listen to all the Gold Bugs who said I needed something 'Tangible' as a store of value.

I know a LOT of folk back in 2013 that cashed out or put it in Gold/Silver. It was a lot of talk about which was better, back in those early days. I just went with the HODL

Hello Brad. Thanks for reminding us here that siding with Bitcoin is definitely much idea than sticking it out with the physical gold. I actually have nothings against anyone invested with gold as it is definitely playing the safe haven role for the many decades due to its stabler stance in the market, with only a little volatility affecting it unlike Bitcoin. Volatility can be coming like a two-way street, one is going up and the other is down.  Now, in terms of ROI there is no other winner but Bitcoin, comparing it to gold, stocks and commodities. Still, we don't advice anybody to just stake his investment with one asset because the proven wisdom of the ages is to spread the risks by distributing the eggs in many baskets.
Searing (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
November 08, 2019, 09:35:20 PM
Last edit: November 08, 2019, 09:48:56 PM by Searing
Merited by PuertoLibre (1)

Hello Brad. Thanks for reminding us here that siding with Bitcoin is definitely much idea than sticking it out with the physical gold. I actually have nothings against anyone invested with gold as it is definitely playing the safe haven role for the many decades due to its stabler stance in the market, with only a little volatility affecting it unlike Bitcoin. Volatility can be coming like a two-way street, one is going up and the other is down.  Now, in terms of ROI there is no other winner but Bitcoin, comparing it to gold, stocks and commodities. Still, we don't advice anybody to just stake his investment with one asset because the proven wisdom of the ages is to spread the risks by distributing the eggs in many baskets.

Yeah, back in 2013 to say 2016 some of the bigger BTC miners was like put it in GOLD...not so many fanboys for that now..but those years it was tempting...now not so much... Smiley

The chart below stolen from Micgoossens post on wall observer thread on here: https://bitcointalk.org//index.php?topic=178336.msg53024290#msg53024290]

Hello Brad. Thanks for reminding us here that siding with Bitcoin is definitely much idea than sticking it out with the physical gold. I actually have nothings against anyone invested with gold as it is definitely playing the safe haven role for the many decades due to its stabler stance in the market, with only a little volatility affecting it unlike Bitcoin. Volatility can be coming like a two-way street, one is going up and the other is down.  Now, in terms of ROI there is no other winner but Bitcoin, comparing it to gold, stocks and commodities. Still, we don't advice anybody to just stake his investment with one asset because the proven wisdom of the ages is to spread the risks by distributing the eggs in many baskets.

Yeah, back in 2013 to say 2016 some of the bigger BTC miners was like put it in GOLD...not so many fanboys for that now..but those years it was tempting...now not so much... Smiley

The chart below stolen from Micgoossens post on wall observer thread on here: https://bitcointalk.org//index.php?topic=178336.msg53024290#msg53024290

Searing (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
November 09, 2019, 01:14:30 AM

As an aside, for a comparison of Bitcoin to Gold outside of the price, is the fact that Gold Reserves conceivably can be still found in the world.

Bitcoin is becoming a more 'rarified' ...er....product I'd guess you'd say.

Just saying this puts another bit of pressure on Gold vs Bitcoin Price..that would not be otherwise apparent.

Also got this from Micgoossen's Wall Observer post (He is on a roll). Looking at 2028, man, that is gonna be a 'bitch' to mine then.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=178336.msg53023803#msg53023803

Brad

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: