Bitcoin Forum
May 20, 2024, 07:15:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help. Rx 580 8gb sapphire edition only getting 314 h/s  (Read 193 times)
Cheesedagod (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 08, 2019, 06:27:57 AM

So i bought this refurbished rx 580 8gb sapphire nitro edition and tried it out on nicehash and honey miner making around 300 h/s .   i bought this card to game on and mine when im not using my pc all the research i did said i should be getting atleast 20 mhash/s. Can someone help me out youtube hasnt been very much help rn thank you in advance
Freemine-001010

Activity: 139
Merit: 46

View Profile
November 08, 2019, 06:36:01 AM

a prerequisite for obtaining a better result is the BIOS firmware flashing. This can be called one of the conditional minuses of AMD cards, due to which some miners choose NVidia Angry

Hive OS has several important advantages over windows , might try usb boot to see if it yields results your looking for
crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
November 08, 2019, 06:49:57 PM

Can you tell us what algo are you trying to mine if you are using nicehash there are many algo you can use before you able to mine coins with RX580. Maybe you are mining with RandomX/cryptonight?

If your plan is to mine ETH better use Claymore or Phoenix miner and lets see if the hashrate still the same.
tg88
Legendary

Activity: 2394
Merit: 1411

View Profile
November 08, 2019, 09:27:43 PM

Have you tested games to see if her FPS is normal? As you mentioned it is refurbished you need to confirm if the performance is normal make some benchmarks and see if the result matches.
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1718

View Profile
November 09, 2019, 05:05:19 AM

If he is only getting 314 h/s its most likely trying to mine the Monero algo.

What he needs to do is just download the Claymore miner and mine ETH directly that way, not thru Nicehash software. It will be more stable that way.

Right now i think ETH is most profitable for the RX series. So you will need to mod your bios by changing the memory straps and use 1150/2100mhz clock settings and you should get 31mh/s on ETH.

You can't game on this bios however, you will need to switch back to original stock bios if you want to game. Luckily your GPU should have a dual bios switch so you can just easily switch and restart. Less hassle than reflashing every single time.
boris1044

Activity: 42
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 13, 2019, 05:51:00 PM

So i bought this refurbished rx 580 8gb sapphire nitro edition and tried it out on nicehash and honey miner making around 300 h/s .   i bought this card to game on and mine when im not using my pc all the research i did said i should be getting atleast 20 mhash/s. Can someone help me out youtube hasnt been very much help rn thank you in advance

Windows is garbage for mining, especially with RX card you will need to BIOS flash it. So best is to dual boot it: you can install HiveOS on a USB and boot into it when you are not using Windows for everything else.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: