Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:50:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Distribution of coins across holders?  (Read 382 times)
tadpole_bitfrog

Activity: 464
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 14, 2019, 11:51:04 AM

Is there a website where I can view the wealth distribution of BTC and different altcoins?

I know such data are only estimates (address != holder, exchange wallets, etc.), but would still like to get a feeling of how different coins are distributed among its holders.
You can only see this in your bank accounts! As for blockchain technology, they do not provide this service. That is also one of the reasons for the high value coins. Those who have lots of money often sell it to buy coins to launder money. That's why identities are never revealed.

───────────────    IMO Ecosystem    ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
TELEGRAM  ]              J O I N   U S              [   TWITTER   ]
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
beerlover
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1156

View Profile
November 14, 2019, 03:14:45 PM

Well, usually there are exchanges that holds most of the coins if you ask me. If you check the blockchains of all coins and see the biggest holders almost all the time it is the exchanges. Even on a coin like XRP you could see that there are exchanges at the tops aside from the owners, sure XRP is owned all by Ripples because they premined it and owned ALL of it but with over time exchanges started to get all of it.

So, no matter what you are trying to look at, if the exchanges started to get the top spot on a premined coin how would they fare in a regular coin that was either coin offering way or just regular publishing like it used to be. List is not something I really know because list is not easy to achieve, there are a ton for bitcoin but there are not that ton in other coins.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
Dart18

Activity: 1400
Merit: 259

View Profile
November 14, 2019, 04:04:55 PM

This is why I am thankful for the anonymous type of ceypto currencies.
Yeah, you wont know it.
How many wallets are there and how many exchange that gives different deposit wallet address.
If this is your project or you are up ro something then better leave it.
You wont go anywhere with those type of homework. Grin
gantez

Activity: 1736
Merit: 121

View Profile
November 14, 2019, 04:59:35 PM

I think the highest you can get is to check different coins and their pool in blockchain. So you could see how many of such coins have been distributed different. It is really going to be a tough task and might not be done manually.
rose9696

Activity: 770
Merit: 10

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
November 14, 2019, 05:10:24 PM

I think not. Our crypto market is famous for money laundering and so wallet information is highly secure and certainly no one knows who holds much bitcoins.
You may only notice a lot of bitcoins being transferred from one wallet to another on the explorer system but you cannot tell who it is.

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
mersal

Activity: 1204
Merit: 38

View Profile
November 14, 2019, 06:25:31 PM

We only can find the distribution of nodes not the coins,as others said those addresses in the charts belongs to exchanges it means it belongs to many people using the same exchanges,if you intention is to know the distribution level of bitcoin its already spread all over the world but only to small percentage.
diazepam666

Activity: 1162
Merit: 516

1BTC Welcome Bonus

View Profile
November 14, 2019, 06:33:28 PM

Is there a website where I can view the wealth distribution of BTC and different altcoins?

I know such data are only estimates (address != holder, exchange wallets, etc.), but would still like to get a feeling of how different coins are distributed among its holders.

there is no such website available in the market now however if you want to check your personal portfolio and your personal wealth in the field you can save everything in a blockfolio application.
But there are some websites only shows the richest Bitcoin addresses kind of stoves but I am not sure how much that is truth.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ████████     ▄█▄▄
       ▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀   ▄██████
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀    ███████▀
 ▄▄███▄▄          ███████▀
█████████▄        █████▀
███████████▄       ▀▀▀▀
▀████████████▄
 ▀████████████▄
  ▀████████████▄
    ▀███████████
      ▀████████▀
        ▀▀████▀
        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ████████     ▄█▄▄
       ▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀   ▄██████
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀    ███████▀
 ▄▄███▄▄          ███████▀
█████████▄        █████▀
███████████▄       ▀▀▀▀
▀████████████▄
 ▀████████████▄
  ▀████████████▄
    ▀███████████
      ▀████████▀
        ▀▀████▀
..Learn More..
BartS

Activity: 980
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 21, 2019, 02:27:53 AM

I think not. Our crypto market is famous for money laundering and so wallet information is highly secure and certainly no one knows who holds much bitcoins.
You may only notice a lot of bitcoins being transferred from one wallet to another on the explorer system but you cannot tell who it is.
This market is famous for allowing its users to move their coins as they wish, after all that is their money and they can do whatever they want with it but that doesn't mean that they are doing anything wrong with it.

The myth that there is a lot of money laundering taking place in this market is being spread by the governments and the media to the population so in the future they may try to ban bitcoin or at least to try to heavily regulate it.
sikke

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 21, 2019, 04:13:39 AM

You mean something like a gini coefficient with coins?

The closest thing that you will get to will be the rich list of addresses and so on. This is the only data that is available publicly. Whether or not these addresses represent actual holders of coins will be a completely different topic, although there are products such as walletexplorer that attempts to clarify who is actually behind addresses.

So yeah, it's difficult, and I think that thus far no one has a foolproof way to quantify distribution equality.
coingecko

Activity: 247
Merit: 40

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2019, 06:00:07 AM

Not to mention potentially forgotten or lost coins among holders
"Lost coins only make everyone else's coins worth slightly more. Think of it as a donation to everyone." - Satoshi

Track bitcoin holdings by public companies and bitcoin price on CoinGecko
davinchi
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1058

View Profile
November 22, 2019, 02:47:33 PM

I think you forgot that one of the purposes of Bitcoin is privacy, so how do you expect to be having such an information? You can't have such information, but you can see transactions that are made on the Blockchain. If you have an address and follow it up Blockchain you will see all the money that is going in and out from that and maybe make an estimate of how that will be in that address.

But, if it's for you to get information on who owns the richest wallet and how much they have,then you're wasting your time because you're not going to get such an information, it doesn't work like that.

Even for other cryptocurrencies, there is nothing like that, they are all about privacy.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: