Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 06:02:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New to this. Why am I not making any bitcoins what so ever?  (Read 2454 times)
Aesthetic (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 10:42:28 PM

I have been mining for a day now and have received even half of a penny. Absolutely no money has been made.

I did about .000003% of work total thus far; though I find that it's still a balance of some amount of currency. Why is my balance still at 0?
Bitminter
KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 10:47:36 PM

I have been mining for a day now and have received even half of a penny. Absolutely no money has been made.

I did about .000003% of work total thus far; though I find that it's still a balance of some amount of currency. Why is my balance still at 0?
Bitminter

You have not done your homework let alone any reading in these very forums, have you..........?

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
Aesthetic (OP)

Activity: 7

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 11:02:05 PM

Keywords New to this You got the time to respond? Why not respond with an answer? Cheesy
nachius

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 01:35:17 AM

Because there is a search function and it shows more initiative if a new user does at least SOME research.  It is a great community for those that stick around to learn, but hand holding can only get you so far.  I can't be sure if your attitude was a smart ass or it just came across like that, but there are a lot of members that TRY to help when provided enough information!

What are you mining with first off? 
What do your stats on bitminter show?
What is your payout set at?
Does your stats show that you have passed that payout threshold?

My quick guess with the limited information provided is you have not mined anywhere near enough for a payout.
vmfx

Activity: 30

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 02:48:23 AM

Yes you need serious juice to make cash these days Smiley getting in at < 2GH makes no sense and even that will take forever to make a payout.

Bitminter payouts also start at  0.02 BTC so until you hit that amount you wont be able to pull cash out...
BeepBeep2

Activity: 184
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 04:55:17 AM

Bitminter
Don't you think that .000003% of work total is not very much?
Pools do not pay out unless you meet a certain balance. Usually you can set this balance in your account settings, but only within the pool's specified limits.
ex. (BTC0.01 - BTC10)

I really doubt you've made BTC.01 yet...
Also, in the pool, balances could probably be rounded.

If the pool makes BTC1 over a period of time, and you do .000003% of the work, you'd have BTC.000003. In USD, that's $0.0018.

So for every $650 the pool is making, you will make about 2/10ths of a penny at that rate.

BTC: 184DMeGc6E7CoQVH3A9NvcCuRVRcv3wE2Y | LTC: LP4iqohSWKiws4j9jTTnqd89EEffEymsoJ
Join Cryptsy, which is now faster than ever! https://www.cryptsy.com/users/register?refid=102995
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: