Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:08:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How Paxful sellers cash their prepaid gift cards when they sell BTC?  (Read 220 times)
dkali2 (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 08, 2019, 08:55:07 PM

I've seen so many power sellers on Paxful.com are selling BTC for prepaid VISA & Mastercard gift cards or Amazon/iTunes cards.
I wonder how they quickly cash or redeem the cards numbers which they get from their buyer because it needs to be transfer the
card balance immediately because the buyer can reuse the card after getting btc, so how sellers quickly cash these gift
cards?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6119

View Profile
November 09, 2019, 07:47:08 AM
Merited by eaLiTy (1)

I'm not sure how Visa and MasterCard gift cards work but for iTunes and Amazon, I don't see the problem. Once you get the code, you redeem it first to your account (which will make it invalid to anyone else trying to redeem it after you) and then release the funds from the escrow.

The only risk here is that these cards might have been bought using stolen credit cards, and in this case, the only way to protect yourself is to immediately order your goods because if there is ever a chargeback, your balance will be withheld.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 3643

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2019, 01:05:47 PM
Last edit: November 09, 2019, 01:27:39 PM by hugeblack

If you bought it from a reliable seller, why would it? This is a scam case and will gain a negative trust with a bad reputation. Besides, Escrow is released after you have secured the card value.
Note that buying/selling digital products need trust (because it is difficult to prove scam) so it is better to buy from companies rather than individuals.
Do not let discounts tempt you and buy from official sources.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Krislaw

Activity: 1204
Merit: 388

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2019, 07:27:38 AM

I've seen so many power sellers on Paxful.com are selling BTC for prepaid VISA & Mastercard gift cardsor Amazon/iTunes cards.
I wonder how they quickly cash or redeem the cards numbers which they get from their buyer because it needs to be transfer the
card balance immediately because the buyer can reuse the card after getting btc, so how sellers quickly cash these gift
cards?
I checked PaxFul for offers on Prepaid cards like MyVanilla and other, there was no offer for almost all the Prepaid card listed on PaxFul. Prepaid card can be used by two or more people and I think that's why there are no much offers.
Lot of trust is needed when transacting Prepaid Cards and Gift Cards with a seller. There's no way to prove if a gift card is valid if the seller already used it. Even reliable sellers sometimes are scam, they reap buyers once in a while after building trust with them.
As the comment above me already stated, buy gift cards from trusted companies.
coupable

Activity: 2338
Merit: 757

View Profile
November 11, 2019, 10:49:16 AM

Lot of trust is needed when transacting Prepaid Cards and Gift Cards with a seller. There's no way to prove if a gift card is valid if the seller already used it. Even reliable sellers sometimes are scam, they reap buyers once in a while after building trust with them.
Because we (in my country) don't have access to international cards (visa,master,paypal,..) , we can't buy Gift Cards from trusted cmpanies. I spent a lot of time looking for a secure way to buy Google Gift Cards using bitcoin, but almost found nothing. Even in btt forum here, it remains the same trust problem.
I want to ask if anyone knows about the best way to sell google cards and if anyone (trusted forum user) knows a trusted seller that can accept bitcoin.
Krislaw

Activity: 1204
Merit: 388

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2019, 11:40:14 AM

I spent a lot of time looking for a secure way to buy Google Gift Cards using bitcoin, but almost found nothing. Even in btt forum here, it remains the same trust problem.

There are lot of sites that accepts bitcoin as payment for buying gift cards from them. You can try out Egifter and MySmartPrepaidCard. They have some good reviews.
Egifter: https://www.egifter.com/giftcards
MySmartPrepaidCard: https://www.mysmartprepaidcard.com/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: