Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 01:25:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Istanbul Ethereum Hardfork Soon. How does Forks Improves Coins Value  (Read 135 times)
nanaimogold (OP)

Activity: 661
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 11, 2019, 07:16:30 PM
Last edit: November 11, 2019, 10:11:18 PM by nanaimogold

Istanbul hardfork for Ethereum mainnet is scheduled for December 4 (block 9069000). Will the value of Ethereum now improve. What really is the essence of these forks and does it really improve prices positively

https://twitter.com/peter_szilagyi/status/1192360910314262529

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DarkDays
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1189

View Profile
November 11, 2019, 10:10:33 PM
Merited by o48o (1)

Forks are a way of introducing changes into the base code of a cryptocurrency, or in this case a distributing computer platform such as Ethereum.

Forks aren't designed to improve a coin's value, but simply to add new features to the coin (which can lead to an increase in value) or rectify a significant bug that could cripple the coin in the long-run.

They have also been used in the past to roll-back the effects of a significant attack, such as the DAO hack that occurred a few years back.
VanDeinsberg12

Activity: 1540
Merit: 507

View Profile
November 12, 2019, 03:26:30 AM

Istanbul hardfork for Ethereum mainnet is scheduled for December 4 (block 9069000). Will the value of Ethereum now improve. What really is the essence of these forks and does it really improve prices positively

That depends on the update that can create a lot of fear missing to buy. You can try to identify which is an update from the istanbul that will bring FOMO but as far as i know istanbul is about the improvement to the ethereum smartcontract and that can be considered as the first layer update to the POS transition.

My attention was focusing on the POS update. The value of ethereum will depend how much people are hyping this hardfork before the hardfork will have done. The protocol needs to be updated and this fork is the answer. It doesn't really improve the price of ethereum. I hope you will not put a big expectation on it. You can take another blockchain platform which has already done it and there was no significant increase in the price.

.......[url]CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS...........[URL].....►  C O M I N G   S O O N.....
CjMapope
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092

~Full-Time Minter since 2016~

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2019, 04:07:16 AM

It might help start the rise, but this is only "phase 1" of ETH's major update (to PoS).  It will still be many months till Eth 2.0 PoS time
Knowing ETH, this will prob have troubles and take an extra 6 months of testing anyways Tongue this IS a major update tho, make no doubt on that. Wait and see i guess! Smiley
Very good job on ETH's teams part, maybe theres hope after all haha

~Got this girl in my bed, a roof over my head, i mint a couple coins a week, and thats how i make bread~
~On the 12th day of Hatzvah, OGminer said to me: "compute root of the merkle hash tree!"~
Prohashing  -- Simply the best Multipool!
tsaroz
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1069

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2019, 04:30:16 AM

It might help start the rise, but this is only "phase 1" of ETH's major update (to PoS).  It will still be many months till Eth 2.0 PoS time
Knowing ETH, this will prob have troubles and take an extra 6 months of testing anyways Tongue this IS a major update tho, make no doubt on that. Wait and see i guess! Smiley
Very good job on ETH's teams part, maybe theres hope after all haha

These are indeed scheduled improvements. We might not just see a sudden rise in price with such events, but they would pave the way for a better coin. Ethereum already is the most used utility coin and with betterment in its blockchain and transaction methods, it would certainly boost the adoption and price of the coin in long run.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
SlimShadyMmp

Activity: 1470
Merit: 103

COMBO 2.0

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2019, 05:16:42 AM

It adds improvements to the platform that normally comes from another source of developers I think so is like adding new features and fixing the others along the way

duchiep37

Activity: 130
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2019, 05:39:27 AM

i don't think so, hardfork simple is tool of whale control coin market price. ethereum very well for invest but it can't improve value with hardfork.
TanakabZX

Activity: 504
Merit: 16

View Profile
November 12, 2019, 06:07:57 AM

i don't think so, hardfork simple is tool of whale control coin market price. ethereum very well for invest but it can't improve value with hardfork.
Whale control? you don't know what you are saying, this hardfork is not a chain split its just a normal upgrade to new features for ETH and this won't add more value to ETH but if the features are better than what we already have then many more investors will start buying and this can add more to its value

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Javi_Anibarro

Activity: 1526
Merit: 282

tBTC - https://dapp.tbtc.network/

View Profile
November 12, 2019, 06:44:15 AM

If you read the GitHub page here: https://github.com/ethereum/go-ethereum/releases/tag/v1.9.7, you will see the hardfork is an upgrade for ETH 1.0 protocol. It is not ETH 2.0, the pos transition will not happen after this hardfork. So that means it will not boost the value of Ethereum, the only thing that could boost the value of Ethereum based on my understanding is only pos and it happens in ETH 2.0 that has not been determined yet when will it start.
Stanlo

Activity: 952
Merit: 110

View Profile
November 12, 2019, 06:52:47 AM

Since pos will be part of the next eth upgrade i expect more value per a ETH on every exchanges, the prove of stake implementation will make many longer term holder buy eth and even myself will have to lock my eth for annual profits and over time the value will increase
mu_enrico
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 2142

Slots Enthusiast & Expert

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2019, 07:05:13 AM

Sometimes, a hard-fork could create a new cryptocurrency, just like ETH and ETC in the past. Some investors want to reap this benefit to get as many coins on the "parent chain" before the fork and then dump the "loser chain" after the fork.

The question is, will this upgrade creates a new cryptocurrency? I think not yet. The true migration is rumored will take place in January 2020. POW ETH vs POS ETH would be interesting!

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
November 12, 2019, 08:04:48 AM

How does Forks Improves Coins Value

in case of ethereum, fork is meant to "patch up" the sinking ship so that it can remain afloat for a little bit longer than it could otherwise. there are some issues that you can never solve no matter how much you try. in that ship analogy it would be like trying to fix it while all the components are rotten, corroded and are falling apart.
for example you can't do anything with the 3+ TB blockchain of ethereum! it is that big and you can't undo that. people who want to run a real full node (not the pruned mode they call full node) have to download the entire thing otherwise they are using a centralized blockchain that may be fake and changed.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: