Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 08:37:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Get Paid in Bitcoin for answering tech questions  (Read 619 times)
Nihal6443

Activity: 141
Merit: 4

View Profile
November 21, 2019, 06:19:42 AM

I am interested  please send me the link 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AB de Royse777
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 3886

Visit: r7promotions.com

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2019, 09:43:55 AM

Good valid points once again. I'm wondering if you had any ideas on marketing methods. I need to use my funds wisely so I can't do that much. Currently I just do google ads.
I am not sure how google ads is going to help you. Yours is Q/A type portal. People will come here from google but if they do not see any answer then they will go back.

I think you need to hire some writers who has technical knowledge. You can ad for writers. They will creates good contents in your site in return of payment. It could be per post or weekly or monthly salary based.

May be you can have some people who will collect good questions which where never answered in the internet and your experts can answer them. I hope it's making sense.

All you need is contents now and lots of contents I meant. You need some permanent dedicated users who had good technical knowledge and they will keep creating good contents.  

By the way, you also need organic traffic from search engines. So hiring an SEO expert will also help. When your hired writers will create contents your SEO expert will work with them with the keywords so that it easily gets ranked up in the search engine. You really need on page and off page SEO optimized site too.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
dharric (OP)

Activity: 21
Merit: 5

View Profile
November 21, 2019, 12:25:57 PM

I am interested  please send me the link 

https://dzhaven.com
dharric (OP)

View Profile
November 21, 2019, 01:27:55 PM

1. If you look at ebay the same problem could occur. And honestly I've had instances where I've been scammed but ebay refused to reimburse me. Regardless ebay still continues to do business. Well in similar fashion I have mechanisms in place to give question askers points based on whether they pay their bounty or not. Consider it their reputation.
2. Yes but if you think its not better that what you get for free that's clearly not true if you look at how our society runs. Additionally answerers compete with each other so there is an incentive for better answers, since it is not they who determine the answer but the question asker.

1. Good idea, i certainly didn't think about that.

2. I get the point, but money isn't the only reason people do something for others. There are some expert & enthusiasm who're willing to answer for "free" because they could get reputation (useful for people who looking for popularity and job) and advertising chance (often happens on Quora).

1. Thank you for acknowledging my point
2. I completely agree. This site is not for everyone and certainly on the internet one is free to choose. However I believe that there are a subset of people that could be large enough to make at least a small business out of. For example stack alone is so huge getting even 10-20 percent of their traffic should be a business unto itself. Not to mention quora and all the others.

By way have you seen the latest version of my site, https://dzhaven.com. I made some style and navigation changes to be more attractive and useful. Please take a look if you can. Thanks.
dharric (OP)

View Profile
November 21, 2019, 01:36:32 PM

1. If you look at ebay the same problem could occur. And honestly I've had instances where I've been scammed but ebay refused to reimburse me. Regardless ebay still continues to do business. Well in similar fashion I have mechanisms in place to give question askers points based on whether they pay their bounty or not. Consider it their reputation.
2. Yes but if you think its not better that what you get for free that's clearly not true if you look at how our society runs. Additionally answerers compete with each other so there is an incentive for better answers, since it is not they who determine the answer but the question asker.

1. Good idea, i certainly didn't think about that.

2. I get the point, but money isn't the only reason people do something for others. There are some expert & enthusiasm who're willing to answer for "free" because they could get reputation (useful for people who looking for popularity and job) and advertising chance (often happens on Quora).

1. Thank you for acknowledging my point
2. I completely agree. This site is not for everyone and certainly on the internet one is free to choose. However I believe that there are a subset of people that could be large enough to make at least a small business out of. For example stack alone is so huge getting even 10-20 percent of their traffic should be a business unto itself. Not to mention quora and all the others.

By way have you seen the latest version of my site, https://dzhaven.com. I made some style and navigation changes to be more attractive and useful. Please take a look if you can. Thanks.

Super important point I forgot to mention! The site will also eventually help you get a job. I will have an algo that parses the top answerers on any topic and provide data to highering managers. This is opt in only, not mandatory. But if you're looking for a job your reputation and answers on the site can really help.
Thekool1s
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1218

Change is in your hands

View Profile
November 21, 2019, 01:55:27 PM
Merited by AB de Royse777 (1)

@dharric I really like the idea and i see real potential in it. I have some suggestions that I will like to recommend. One of them is a possible solution to ETFBitcoin's objection of the "Questioner" not marking a reply as "Answered". There could be a "merit system" and other responders could "vote" each others answers. The answer with most votes will be automatically get marked as "answered". They will also get these "merit points" for their effort even tho their answer might not be the correct one. So it will prevent spam/scam from both directions.

As for the Design, I feel like everything is grouped too close to each other. Give it a bit more of breathing space. The items could be enlarged as well, there is too much whitespace currently... Also, the "Thread" page could get a refresh, e.g don't use "InputBox" for titles and previews.

I had a question, How will the website make money? Are you planning to charge a fixed fee per Question? or will there be a withdrawal fee of sorts?

dharric (OP)

View Profile
November 21, 2019, 05:37:22 PM

@dharric I really like the idea and i see real potential in it. I have some suggestions that I will like to recommend. One of them is a possible solution to ETFBitcoin's objection of the "Questioner" not marking a reply as "Answered". There could be a "merit system" and other responders could "vote" each others answers. The answer with most votes will be automatically get marked as "answered". They will also get these "merit points" for their effort even tho their answer might not be the correct one. So it will prevent spam/scam from both directions.

As for the Design, I feel like everything is grouped too close to each other. Give it a bit more of breathing space. The items could be enlarged as well, there is too much whitespace currently... Also, the "Thread" page could get a refresh, e.g don't use "InputBox" for titles and previews.

I had a question, How will the website make money? Are you planning to charge a fixed fee per Question? or will there be a withdrawal fee of sorts?

Thank you so much for your feedback @Thekool1s! Yes your suggestion is right on as I have a similar mechanism to try and prevent fraud, as you suggested. There is a question reputation system called Bounty Paid Percentage. It tracks how well the question asker is paying their bounties. Within the algorithm that calculates this score there is a check for questions that have at least 3 responses and that the community has up voted at least one of the responses with a point score of 10 or higher. If so this question is included in the calculation and affects the questioner's score. This means if they have a lot of these types of questions there Bounty Paid Percentage score will go down and people will obviously be less likely to answer their questions. Having said that I do not force people to mark answers and pay, as ultimately they may have legitimate reasons and it would be impossible to know for sure. I'm trying to keep a balance between the questioner and answerer, and be fair to each group--as both groups are important.

Your suggestion on the thread page, would you have a sample of what an input screen without "InputBox" usage would look like. It's hard to envision.

The site makes money by taking a cut from the answerer's balance. Currently it is 25%. I make money on that side instead of the question asker since it is most important to get questions into the site, and charging for that might turn some people off. The answerer on other hand, even with my cut, is making money by using a website that they did not create or pay to run. So it felt like the right call.
Thekool1s
Legendary

Change is in your hands

View Profile
November 21, 2019, 08:41:06 PM

hmm, what happens to the Questioner's funds. Are they locked in for the bounty? Let's say the questioner doesn't mark the answer as "answered" and different answers get more than 10 "community" votes. Will the Questioner get a "refund" of sorts, if they feel like the question wasn't answered properly? Also, What's stopping the "questioner" from creating a new account? e.g often a "code" solution will be a real one. It will actually resolve the issue of the "Questioner" what's stopping them from creating a new account? At least with the case of a "Merit system", the person who wrote the code from scratch to help them will have a guarantee of sorts that their efforts will be rewarded. Your whole idea behind this website is people getting paid to answer questions, right now it seems like one side can get away with solutions without really rewarding the deserving user... If the funds are being locked in for the bounty till it gets marked then a "merit" like system could help.

E.g People who will get their answers marked as "answered" will receive these special merit points which they can use to vote for answers from other users. 10 points from other developers could mean it's the perfect solution for the problem.

As for 25%, I feel it's a bit on the upper side. Most Popular freelance platforms keep 20% at max. Maybe consider dropping a bit. Also, there needs to be a FAQ page. This sort of information should be available. As for the Design, TBH you can find many inspirations from just doing a quick google search Smiley
dharric (OP)

View Profile
November 21, 2019, 09:13:40 PM

hmm, what happens to the Questioner's funds. Are they locked in for the bounty? Let's say the questioner doesn't mark the answer as "answered" and different answers get more than 10 "community" votes. Will the Questioner get a "refund" of sorts, if they feel like the question wasn't answered properly? Also, What's stopping the "questioner" from creating a new account? e.g often a "code" solution will be a real one. It will actually resolve the issue of the "Questioner" what's stopping them from creating a new account? At least with the case of a "Merit system", the person who wrote the code from scratch to help them will have a guarantee of sorts that their efforts will be rewarded. Your whole idea behind this website is people getting paid to answer questions, right now it seems like one side can get away with solutions without really rewarding the deserving user... If the funds are being locked in for the bounty till it gets marked then a "merit" like system could help.

E.g People who will get their answers marked as "answered" will receive these special merit points which they can use to vote for answers from other users. 10 points from other developers could mean it's the perfect solution for the problem.

As for 25%, I feel it's a bit on the upper side. Most Popular freelance platforms keep 20% at max. Maybe consider dropping a bit. Also, there needs to be a FAQ page. This sort of information should be available. As for the Design, TBH you can find many inspirations from just doing a quick google search Smiley

You should try the site as there are multiple disclaimers that appear at the relevant time to explain how the system works: including fees, payments, etc. So yes those explanations are already there and transparent.

But for your first criticism. I cannot force people to pay, as you imply by your question about refunds its their money until they choose to pay. And yes there are refunds as long as a response has not been marked the answer already. I've answered this question actually several times, but if you look at ebay they use a similar system as mine. Users have a points system, a reputation, and people choose whether or not to do business with them. On ebay it is also possible to just create new accounts and continue scamming as you say, but for some reason the system works and people continue to choose to use it.

The rate is my choice. And people will choose to use a different system if they think its too much.

Ultimately what I'm saying is that I disagree with your assertions. People aren't as evil or dishonest as you imply. And if the system, as it is now, is too loose for some answerers--again I'm transparent about it so people should go somewhere else.
Thekool1s
Legendary

Change is in your hands

View Profile
November 22, 2019, 12:47:10 AM

hmm, I have read your eBay response before. Your assumption is that people will come back for more answers, hence why they have an incentive to reward the appropriate answers. If I am being honest... It's like comparing apple with oranges. You can't compare Knowledge with a single person use product. Also, Just because a system is "working" doesn't means its the correct way. How many people have to go through chargebacks and all the trouble which this "system" creates for them. I do respect your opinion of not paying up till you are satisfied but this is letting one party exploit the other, you can't deny that people will misuse this. So my assertion stands valid to some point.

E.g I am a developer, I'm developing this "Radar" for my game but I'm stuck with the math. I create a bounty for a working Radar code. A developer creates the code from scratch, I get to use the code without even paying up. The developer who spent an hour or two coding it has essentially worked for free. What I would suggest is to have a review system for each answer, e.g it was rejected for X reason. At least this way the community will have an idea why the answer was rejected. Anyway, Good luck with your project. Smiley
dharric (OP)

View Profile
November 22, 2019, 02:03:01 AM

hmm, I have read your eBay response before. Your assumption is that people will come back for more answers, hence why they have an incentive to reward the appropriate answers. If I am being honest... It's like comparing apple with oranges. You can't compare Knowledge with a single person use product. Also, Just because a system is "working" doesn't means its the correct way. How many people have to go through chargebacks and all the trouble which this "system" creates for them. I do respect your opinion of not paying up till you are satisfied but this is letting one party exploit the other, you can't deny that people will misuse this. So my assertion stands valid to some point.

E.g I am a developer, I'm developing this "Radar" for my game but I'm stuck with the math. I create a bounty for a working Radar code. A developer creates the code from scratch, I get to use the code without even paying up. The developer who spent an hour or two coding it has essentially worked for free. What I would suggest is to have a review system for each answer, e.g it was rejected for X reason. At least this way the community will have an idea why the answer was rejected. Anyway, Good luck with your project. Smiley

Your original premise that the site was created primarily for the interests of the respondents is wrong. It is created for both question asker and respondent. Paying for an answer is not an unfortunate necessity, it is a major feature of the site--that makes the interaction more fair and equitable for both sides.

Additionally in terms of fraud or other bad behavior it is a two way street. It is also possible for respondents to create multiple accounts or get their friends to pad points for their answer, and subsequently bring themselves unfairly into the forefront as the leading answer. Just like on ebay both the seller and the purchaser are able to commit fraud. On amazon sellers sometimes mislead on their products and buyers claim to never have received their item. On stack respondents pad their points from their friends or using other accounts. Askers sometimes don't give proper credit. The list of sites and fraud methods goes on and on.

The point is fraud is possible with ANY PLATFORM. There is nothing inherent to my method that makes it more so. Again if fraud was as rampant as you claim amazon and ebay could not possibly have lived long enough to be the huge businesses they are now. And yet here we are having hundreds of thousands of businesses doing billions of financial transactions on the internet not knowing who the user really is or if the user account they are trusting to buy, sometimes thousands of dollars worth of merchandise, is a fraudster. Again people are not as evil as you imply. My analogy still stands.
Thekool1s
Legendary

Change is in your hands

View Profile
November 22, 2019, 10:14:43 AM

It is also possible for respondents to create multiple accounts or get their friends to pad points for their answer, and subsequently bring themselves unfairly into the forefront as the leading answer.

Well, merit comes from "merit sources" or valuable members so there is less of a chance of fraud from there end. So creating multiple accounts won't help them, Unless they all make up a group to scam the people who are asking these questions. I do agree it's hard to control fraud but then again when viable measures are there, they should be implemented.

In Merchandise case you can't use the product till it's shipped. Even a line of code once it's made public is useful to the person who is asking the question, that's why I said you can't compare these two things. E.g in a developer's case, all I could do is use the information the person has made public. I have already gained something from the person who spent the time in writing the response("code" in this case). While on the other hand, the developer has technically wasted their time.

Also, Remember with platforms like eBay etc there are systems for chargebacks so both parties are still safe... But with Knowledge, you can't erase one's memory. As for I implying people are generally evil when they are anonymous, there is plenty of evidence to back it up. E.g There was a survey done: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/a-third-of-male-university-students-say-they-would-rape-a-woman-if-there-no-were-no-consequences-9978052.html

Considering this is something disgusting and still has such a high percentage just shows human nature when there are no consequences attached.
2double0
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105

View Profile
November 22, 2019, 11:35:29 AM

Can you restrict your website to IP or country with a phone number login only [per account] and manage to get a code installed, which could stop virtual numbers from joining? I don't think anyone would bother to create a lot of accounts because it will stop a lot of lazy guys from doing that, and if you can afford to send OTP every time they try to login, it is better than the best.

For your marketing, why don't you try to set up a signature campaign here? While you are relying solely on Google ads, I think you can get a better response by opening up an Ethereum based signature campaign if BTC and its fees are not affordable for you. You can pay less and still get quality members advertise in various parts of the forum if you set up your rules like that. It will gain much more speed in gaining good user base with this method.
dharric (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2019, 11:51:25 PM

Hello everyone I've added payouts for questions answerers in US Dollar, along with Bitcoin.

Again url is https://dzhaven.com
dharric (OP)

View Profile
November 25, 2019, 12:20:39 PM

Hello everyone site is now mobile enabled. Please let me know if your particular mobile device is showing issues with site.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: