Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 05:55:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: PAC (Pacquiao) Token Starts Trading from Nov 12. Will You Buy It? If Yes, Why?  (Read 577 times)
cribusen
Copper Member

Activity: 490
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 18, 2019, 06:14:34 PM

I have heard a lot about this altcoin but I am not a fan of personalised crypto currencies. For sure it would attract the new audience, but I have never seen any coin like this to reach success on the market.
htsy585 (OP)

Activity: 573
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 18, 2019, 08:33:49 PM

No, I won't be buying any of this token.  Despite what that press release says, there's no reason for it to exist and if its value as an investment depends on the continuing popularity of a boxer, you pretty much know it isn't going to hold any value in the long term.

There are way too many coins and tokens on the market, all of them being hyped extensively in the beginning, and the vast majority of them end up being worthless.  This PAC token won't be any different, you'll see.

Lol. I laughed hard when I saw the news release. Akon plans to debut his coin come 2020 too. He plans to alleviate African poverty through it. Its funny how these people tokenise just anything and everything just for the bitcoins. I do appreciate the vast popularity the bring to the table for cryptocurrency anyway
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1336

View Profile
November 20, 2019, 04:52:20 PM

No, I won't be buying any of this token.  Despite what that press release says, there's no reason for it to exist and if its value as an investment depends on the continuing popularity of a boxer, you pretty much know it isn't going to hold any value in the long term.

There are way too many coins and tokens on the market, all of them being hyped extensively in the beginning, and the vast majority of them end up being worthless.  This PAC token won't be any different, you'll see.

Lol. I laughed hard when I saw the news release. Akon plans to debut his coin come 2020 too. He plans to alleviate African poverty through it. Its funny how these people tokenise just anything and everything just for the bitcoins. I do appreciate the vast popularity the bring to the table for cryptocurrency anyway
If that is what he wants to do then why did he choose such an inefficient and roundabout method to try to help those people, just create a charity with that purpose, promote it and then use whatever money that he can get to help those people, the fact that he's not doing that tells me that he's trying to achieve something else, maybe he just wants to be perceived as someone that is using this new technology to help people and wants to gain fame because of it
stomachgrowls

Activity: 2870
Merit: 771

View Profile
November 20, 2019, 06:31:15 PM

As expected for this hype https://gcox.com/cms/detail/226728327757430784

So this would be trade up for tomorrow and lets see on how the price would behave.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
ePesoInitiative

Activity: 924
Merit: 260

View Profile
November 20, 2019, 07:49:48 PM

So this would be trade up for tomorrow and lets see on how the price would behave.

This will be the incentive for market making whales. It is going to be similar to transactional mining where it resulted in large inflated Bitcoin trading volumes for some exchanges. Newbies will be fooled again by fake volumes.

stomachgrowls

Activity: 2870
Merit: 771

View Profile
November 20, 2019, 10:29:11 PM

~

This will be the incentive for market making whales. It is going to be similar to transactional mining where it resulted in large inflated Bitcoin trading volumes for some exchanges. Newbies will be fooled again by fake volumes.

As usual thats how manipulation works for big players.Fooling out newbies on that kind of systematic way and make profits later on.

Just to quote some announcement specially to those who bought PAC token.

"The PAC tokens will be distributed on 19th November at 1800 (GMT+8).

Following the distribution of PAC tokens, users may look to trade PAC on GCOX Exchange on 21st November at 1600 (GMT+8) when PAC is listed. "

Prizes for top winners of trading competition

TOP 3 PAC/BTC traders will receive the following amount of PAC:

Top 1 : 3,000 PAC tokens + a pair of Manny Pacquiao autograph boxing gloves
Top 2 : 2,000 PAC tokens
Top 3 : 1,000 PAC tokens

.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
d3nz

Activity: 1288
Merit: 264

View Profile
November 21, 2019, 03:40:21 AM

I will not buy this token since it doesn't have any purpose at all. And, buying this token is like you are supporting Manny Pacquiao to get rich more. Even though i'm a filipino i don't think this token will be huge someday.

And there is a lot of token that is the same features and can be use as an alternative payment.
andreibi
Legendary

Activity: 1647
Merit: 1012

Practising Hebrew before visiting Israel

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2019, 07:37:51 PM

This seems to be the worst time to launch an ICO even if it involves a market maker to pump the coin upon exchange listing. Bitcoin is crashing hard, people are already panicking to sell their Bitcoin, what more this token.

Silberman
Legendary

View Profile
November 24, 2019, 03:27:51 PM

This seems to be the worst time to launch an ICO even if it involves a market maker to pump the coin upon exchange listing. Bitcoin is crashing hard, people are already panicking to sell their Bitcoin, what more this token.
If your coin is any good you can release it whenever you want and not care about what the market is doing because you will get the support of investors, but if your coin doesn't really have a purpose and it has been created just to extract money from the people on this market, and it seems this is the case with this coin, then you have to worry about what the market is doing but unfortunately you will be unable to control it and you may find yourself releasing your coin at the worst possible time.
Adreman23

Activity: 1365
Merit: 107

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
November 25, 2019, 04:14:53 AM

Why there's no advertisement about this coin? You kow Pacquiao is very famous boxer so there should be an ads around the internet . In fact he promote many projects why not his own projects as well? .  Probably this is a fake in my opinion, wherein they used Pacquiao's name only to gain investors like what frauds doing. Just saying cause I'm a Filipino and since that coin emerge there's no such virtual project existing in our country.
After reading your comments, I think you did not do your own research. Try to search "pactoken" in google and see this post also from facebook of manny pacquiao https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2225962564374424&id=1414171045553584

rijaljun

Activity: 1274
Merit: 267

View Profile
November 25, 2019, 01:53:15 PM

The didn't expect that I am sure, unfortunately they are facing bear market when they are doing a planned token sale. But, with the hype brought by a star, they should not worry about that.

My opinion about this toke is good enough to make money (short-time investment). I don't see the token is useful enough, but more likely a hype so buying the token could be an opportunity to make good profit in a short-time and leave it after you took profit.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com  sports
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀  ▄▄▄▀███▀▄▄▄  ▀█████
████  ▄█████▄ ▄█████▄  ████
███  █ █████▀ ▀█████ █  ███
██  ▄██ ▀▀▀▄███▄▀▀▀ ██▄  ██
██  █▀▄██ ███████ ██▄▀█  ██
██   █████ █████ █████   ██
███  █████▀▄▄▄▄▄▀█████  ███
████  ▀▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀█ ███ █▀▀  ▄█████
████████▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████
▀▀       ▀▀████████
 ▄▄  ▀  ▄▄   ▀█████
 ▀    ▀█████▄  ████
   ▀█▄   ▀▀██▄  ███
 █▄  ▀██▄▄  ▀█▄  ██
  ▀█▄  ▀███▄  ▀  ██
█  ▀██▄  ▀███▄   ██
██  ▀███▄  ▀█▀  ███
███  ▀████▄    ████
 ▀▀█▄  ▀▀▀   ▄█████
▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███▀▀         ▀▀███
▀   ▄▄██▄  ▀█▄  ▀██
 ▄████████▄  ▀█  ██
██████▄▀  ██▄    ██
████▄▀  ▄▀████▄  ██
██▄▀  ▄▀██████  ▄██
▄▀  ▄▀███████  ▄███
█▄▄▀███████▀  ▄████
▀████████▀  ▄██████
  ▀██▀▀   ▄████████
      ▄▄███████████
███████████████████
1mBTC
x 3 WINNERS
BET
MULTIPLIERS
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Taskford

Activity: 2548
Merit: 795

View Profile
November 25, 2019, 02:27:03 PM

The didn't expect that I am sure, unfortunately they are facing bear market when they are doing a planned token sale. But, with the hype brought by a star, they should not worry about that.

My opinion about this toke is good enough to make money (short-time investment). I don't see the token is useful enough, but more likely a hype so buying the token could be an opportunity to make good profit in a short-time and leave it after you took profit.

Actually his point is valid since even though how good the project brought by Pacquiao is it can still defy by the current situation of the market since the mindset of people now is dumping and for sure majority already secured there losses and some of them are panicking and want to sell at this rate that's why it's really not a good timing to conduct a ICO since the rate of getting the success these days is so low.

.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
jhonjhon

Activity: 1316
Merit: 126

View Profile
November 25, 2019, 02:29:58 PM

No, I won't be buying any of this token.  Despite what that press release says, there's no reason for it to exist and if its value as an investment depends on the continuing popularity of a boxer, you pretty much know it isn't going to hold any value in the long term.

There are way too many coins and tokens on the market, all of them being hyped extensively in the beginning, and the vast majority of them end up being worthless.  This PAC token won't be any different, you'll see.

I don't see this as a type of investment, this token is more like a merchandise for Pacman supporters. I love Pacman don't get me wrong but this token is not something that will have any value as the other coins. And also I agree that there are soo many coins already I just think this coin will not last long. Pacman is already a very successful boxer and person, he shouldn't have created this type of token just to go with the hype.
sazonk

Activity: 575
Merit: 268

Changing the game

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2019, 04:24:08 PM

PAC is a good coin, and PAC was designed and created first with the aim of being a way for PAC fans. Buying merchandise etc. that is related to pac, it is good but for now specifically I cannot dare to buy given the risk of the current condition in the current condition of crypto, rather than buying pac it is better to buy coins that are already in any market, yes I do because there is no other purpose is to make a profit, I can not say pac coin is a coin that is too segmented or does not have a future, but for now in the context of investing and trading I am more not to buy a pac first.

Shallow Water
gunhell16

Activity: 1708
Merit: 491

View Profile
November 25, 2019, 05:48:42 PM

PAC is backed up by a very popular person an active legendary boxer and a senator of the Philippines.
But is that enough reason to buy this one? what is the use of this one? i know it is from GCOX and they're target is the celebrity token.
But what is the real use of this? PACMAN will soon retire and will this one stand strong or will retire in the market too?
I dont see any importance of this or use for now or even in the future. so hands-off on this for me.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

sikke

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 25, 2019, 09:39:25 PM

Why would anyone see this token as an investment?

It's basically a publicity stunt that is designed to benefit the person who is issuing the token, imo. The only intrinsic value that this token has apparently is from being able to be redeem for Pacquiao memorabilia and autographs.

Perhaps if you're a fan and you were going to purchase them anyways, this token would be of utility to you. I don't even think that there is even significant ground for speculators to hype up this particular token.
btc_angela

Activity: 2618
Merit: 542

View Profile
November 25, 2019, 11:40:39 PM

How is the investors of this token doing? I've joined their telegram and people there says that they can't withdraw but others says that they have sold off and just take the profits. So I'm still in the middle if this coin has usage or just simply to pump and dump, because of the hype.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Silberman
Legendary

View Profile
November 29, 2019, 06:37:20 PM

It's basically a publicity stunt that is designed to benefit the person who is issuing the token, imo. The only intrinsic value that this token has apparently is from being able to be redeem for Pacquiao memorabilia and autographs.

Perhaps if you're a fan and you were going to purchase them anyways, this token would be of utility to you. I don't even think that there is even significant ground for speculators to hype up this particular token.
That is exactly what it is, this is a coin that is not going to benefit anyone but the ones that are creating the token, however if you believe that there is not enough reason to hype this coin I think you are mistaken, how many times have we seen a coin being pumped that literally has no reason to be pumped? This token despite how useless it is at least has something going on for it so I have no doubts that at some point in the future it is probably going to go through a bubble like most coins in this market.
smyslov

Activity: 2002
Merit: 269

View Profile
November 30, 2019, 03:00:19 PM

That is exactly what it is, this is a coin that is not going to benefit anyone but the ones that are creating the token, however if you believe that there is not enough reason to hype this coin I think you are mistaken, how many times have we seen a coin being pumped that literally has no reason to be pumped? This token despite how useless it is at least has something going on for it so I have no doubts that at some point in the future it is probably going to go through a bubble like most coins in this market.

Yeah that true but on this one it will be fast, because it's built around a personality, we can't expect this token to last five years or more, when Pacquiao retires from boxing and he concentrates on his bid to higher office, he will have no time to promote this token, I prefer a token with a technology or products behind it.
DU18

Activity: 1694
Merit: 268

Binance #SWGT dan CERTIK Audited

View Profile
November 30, 2019, 05:10:23 PM

⁠The much-anticipated PAC token backed by boxing champion Manny Pacquiao will be available on the GCOX crypto exchange starting from Nov. 12.

"The token has a variety of uses, as stated by Pacquaio in an email conversation with Cointelegraph:

“PAC token can be used for several purposes, the token will enable fans of the politician and sports star to connect through the Acclaim! social app. Users will receive loyalty points that can then be redeemed for autographed merchandise, complimentary tickets to meet-and-greet events with Pacquiao, as well as multimedia content such as access to live streams and motivational videos."

https://ct.com/80gn
token pac does not have a strong urge to survive for a long period of time, the reason being that this coin relies only on the popularity of a Paquaio Pacman alone, if pacman dead/retires of course no one can guarantee that this coin pac will continue to grow later, I personally prefer a coin that does have an innovative product concept than a coin that only makes the popularity of a celebrity or sportsman as the attraction of the coin.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: