Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 03:08:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What does the padlock symbol represent  (Read 153 times)
TIDOVEE (OP)

Activity: 1246
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 12, 2019, 03:27:15 PM

Hello peeps,
I'm sorry if this question sound funny, I have always noticed a symbol of padlock on some posts made, and this is irrespective of rank,I use to think the post is locked from reach,like no reply is to be made into the  post, or maybe the post is outdated (has stayed long enough), please, I care to be sure.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1218

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2019, 08:03:11 AM

Padlock means that thread is "locked".

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Darker45
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1854

🙏🏼Padayon...🙏

View Profile
December 17, 2019, 08:15:04 AM

Hello peeps,
I'm sorry if this question sound funny, I have always noticed a symbol of padlock on some posts made, and this is irrespective of rank,I use to think the post is locked from reach,like no reply is to be made into the  post, or maybe the post is outdated (has stayed long enough), please, I care to be sure.

Padlock means that thread is "locked".

There is your answer. Not that hard to guess. The meaning is in the word itself. And I don't know if there's another meaning that a padlock suggests.

If I may add, though. If I'm not mistaken, a post cannot be locked; only a whole thread can be locked. And a thread could be locked either by the OP or by a moderator. If it is by the OP, it could be unlocked and posts and replies are opened once again but if it is locked by a mod, the OP cannot open it anymore. 

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██