Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:20:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What is going on here? Take a look at this pair! Looks sketchy  (Read 97 times)
altcoingi (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2019, 09:32:07 PM

Watch the 0.81 and 68.00 Tezos amount and the sells on the right

it looks like some automated program keeps switching them for some purpose..

link to pair https://big.one/trade/XTZ-BTC

Looks sketchy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 2965

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2019, 11:06:20 PM

It's not actually switching it means if the 0.81 bought from someone the 68 tezos will replace it's position then since there are many traders use trading bot I'm sure they will fill it again with the same amount as 0.81.
Check the trading history there is someone buying and selling at that price.

If you doubt that the exchange is fraud better switch to other exchanges Tezos or XTZ can be traded on Binance or check this link below to see other exchanges to trade this coin.

- https://www.coingecko.com/en/coins/tezos?utm_content=tezos&utm_medium=search_coin&utm_source=coingecko

It doesn't mean other exchanges don't have automation or bot most of the traders nowadays use trading bot.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
November 12, 2019, 11:09:13 PM

Could be some sort of bot run by the exchange or some entity related to the exchange to generate fake volume on site as well, though this particular exchange seems to have been around since late 2017 and that makes it a bit more reputable in my eyes, though there's almost no discussion on these forums or on many other popular areas of crypto-trading related discussion. Not saying it's not legit, but I would suggest against putting an excessive amount of money on the site.

A ton of larger and more reputable sites also allow for the trading of Tezos, like GDAX, OKEx and Kraken in addition to Binance. Plenty of better options out there.
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 2965

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2019, 11:56:33 PM

Could be some sort of bot run by the exchange or some entity related to the exchange to generate fake volume on site as well, though this particular exchange seems to have been around since late 2017 and that makes it a bit more reputable in my eyes, though there's almost no discussion on these forums or on many other popular areas of crypto-trading related discussion. Not saying it's not legit, but I would suggest against putting an excessive amount of money on the site.

A ton of larger and more reputable sites also allow for the trading of Tezos, like GDAX, OKEx and Kraken in addition to Binance. Plenty of better options out there.
It seems you're right it generates a fake volume because the exchange already has a bad reputation here on the forum and some reported it in the scam accusation.

Look at this below
- Exchange Big.One scam. False trading volumes. Fake tournaments. Theft of prizes

I saw some airdrop and bounty for this exchange here and the bad thing is it's not well-known exchange but they are gaining rank on Coingecko and CMC.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
November 13, 2019, 12:33:32 AM

It seems you're right it generates a fake volume because the exchange already has a bad reputation here on the forum and some reported it in the scam accusation.

Look at this below
- Exchange Big.One scam. False trading volumes. Fake tournaments. Theft of prizes

I saw some airdrop and bounty for this exchange here and the bad thing is it's not well-known exchange but they are gaining rank on Coingecko and CMC.

Yep, seems like the exchange is rated at #24 on CoinGecko for their list of top volume exchanges and #30 for adjusted and #35 for reported volumes respectively on CMC, but I'm not too surprised considering I know CMC had BitMax as the top exchange on their site for a few weeks or even months a while back, though I believe the root cause of the high volumes on the site was partially related to transaction mining or something of the sort. Interestingly enough, CMC also reports BigONE as being pretty high up on their new list of exchanges by liquidity, though I suspect much of that's also faked.
jcpone

Activity: 685
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 13, 2019, 01:01:57 AM

Watch the 0.81 and 68.00 Tezos amount and the sells on the right

it looks like some automated program keeps switching them for some purpose..

link to pair https://big.one/trade/XTZ-BTC

Looks sketchy

When I checked the platform exchange only few of the altcoins there was familiar to me and majority of them are not. And I felt that I'm not comfortable to use it, neither having an interest I won't try, because I am much confident if the platform are list at the coinmarketcap(CMC).
Good day Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: